PDA

View Full Version : Bookmakers odds

gru
07-09-2023, 07:40 PM
Millers to finish bottom of the championship this season. 1500/1 to win it. What odds to stay up? I'd have abit of that!

Heliosphan
07-09-2023, 08:16 PM
Shocking value all round in my view. 13-1 with Sky to finish top half, yet they have us at less than even money to go down (the only team to be odds on). Not for me. I stick to my weekly accas!

gru
07-09-2023, 08:53 PM
Shocking value all round in my view. 13-1 with Sky to finish top half, yet they have us at less than even money to go down (the only team to be odds on). Not for me. I stick to my weekly accas!

No chance of finishing top you could offer odds of 1million/1 wouldn't get a penny off me on that. If say odds of 5/1 to stay up I'd be tempted.

great_fire
07-09-2023, 10:25 PM
Given that most of the team has changed it's hard to judge ATM.

Scum-Triumphant
08-09-2023, 06:10 AM
What is more likely. Rotherham winning the championship or winning the lottery?

stodgy88
08-09-2023, 06:35 AM
What is more likely. Rotherham winning the championship or winning the lottery?

45,000,000 lottery, 1500 league 45,000,000 divided by 1500 = 30,000.

stodgy88
08-09-2023, 06:49 AM
If someone offered you either £1 million ,OR 1p a day for 31 days doubling everyday ,so 2p on day 2 then 4p on day 3 then 8p on day 4 etc up to 31 days ,which would you take ? well doubling the penny would give you £10.7 million .

caytonmiller
08-09-2023, 07:24 AM
Got 22/1 for is to finish top half before we kicked a ball
Best bet imo was i also had Birmingham at 18/1 with a plus 24 point handicap to win the title.

caytonmiller
08-09-2023, 07:28 AM
Man city
Leeds
Bolton
Notts county
in a Yankee all to be champion is my only other bet

gru
08-09-2023, 08:26 AM
Best thing that's happened so fat this season Peltier getting injured giving Dext more game time to get fully wound up. Need to get this out of contract centre back in good/fit enough then cast Morrison aside. MT will sort it then we're in for a top half finish this season at least!

Brin
08-09-2023, 09:35 AM
Best thing that's happened so fat this season Peltier getting injured giving Dext more game time to get fully wound up. Need to get this out of contract centre back in good/fit enough then cast Morrison aside. MT will sort it then we're in for a top half finish this season at least!

gru, I'm inclined to agree with you about the Morrison situation. So far, I'm only seeing a 'one last' meal ticket ride from him. Shame about Pelts though considering how many games he played for us last season. I thought he might have had one more good go at it before leaving the club maybe to alower league side, as he's fit enough to do that, well was.

Brin
08-09-2023, 09:42 AM
Man city
Leeds
Bolton
Notts county
in a Yankee all to be champion is my only other bet

Cayton, it appears I went in way too early on mine and can't see these coming off. especially Donny the way they've started. To think I got 3/4 last season with only the Piggies letting me down for a scoop at well o'er a grand for £1.

Potential Returns: £1,481.20

Manchester City @ 8/15
Win Outright

Leeds @ 6/1
Win Outright

Derby @ 5/1
Win Outright

Doncaster @ 22/1

My other one was while Michael Duff was still at Barnsley as I thought he do it this season but he buggered off to Swansea.Then backed up by money bags wrexham but that's not working out either so far.

Potential Returns: £2,520.00

Arsenal @ 7/1
Win Outright

Leeds @ 6/1
Win Outright

Barnsley @ 9/1
Win Outright

Wrexham @ 7/2
Win Outright

I might have a later dabble in the New year, obviously at shorter odds but there will still be something there to pick up.

gru
08-09-2023, 10:40 AM
gru, I'm inclined to agree with you about the Morrison situation. So far, I'm only seeing a 'one last' meal ticket ride from him. Shame about Pelts though considering how many games he played for us last season. I thought he might have had one more good go at it before leaving the club maybe to alower league side, as he's fit enough to do that, well was.

Brin Pelts was one of Warney's old mates would have been a balancing of the books signing. Weren't up to Harding or Dext now their standard. Can't work out how he got another contract along with Morrison & Hall. Being said those 2 are on some sort of pay as you play contract but as far as I know they have a years contract. We are light at centre back Odoffin he's going to have to cover there.

Brin
08-09-2023, 01:26 PM
Brin Pelts was one of Warney's old mates would have been a balancing of the books signing. Weren't up to Harding or Dext now their standard. Can't work out how he got another contract along with Morrison & Hall. Being said those 2 are on some sort of pay as you play contract but as far as I know they have a years contract. We are light at centre back Odoffin he's going to have to cover there.

gru, you are correct about the pay as you play contracts so for all those out there on about Morrison/Pelts/Hall etc all on a supposed 10k a week, they are only being paid a fraction of their wage while out injured. the club are £s in while they are out contract wise but, we would prefer they were fit!

gru
08-09-2023, 03:14 PM
gru, you are correct about the pay as you play contracts so for all those out there on about Morrison/Pelts/Hall etc all on a supposed 10k a week, they are only being paid a fraction of their wage while out injured. the club are £s in while they are out contract wise but, we would prefer they were fit!

& in Pelts case younger! but they're not. Must be a clause in their contracts pay as you play not disclosed on signing them. Pelts was fit all last season so won't apply to him.

Nardendee
08-09-2023, 03:35 PM
We are long odds just because we are called Rotherham. The pundits don’t like us. As far as I am concerned am not interested in any other football teams. Just Rotherham United. No one likes us we don’t care.

caytonmiller
08-09-2023, 04:08 PM
We are long odds just because we are called Rotherham. The pundits don’t like us. As far as I am concerned am not interested in any other football teams. Just Rotherham United. No one likes us we don’t care.
Haha. Not really it's because we have the lowest budget and are expected to go down.

flourbasher
08-09-2023, 04:25 PM
….and the referees apply special rules to us ,to our detriment , that don’t apply to other clubs
The betting organisations know this as well so the chances of us going down are increased

Nardendee
08-09-2023, 05:40 PM
….and the referees apply special rules to us ,to our detriment , that don’t apply to other clubs
The betting organisations know this as well so the chances of us going down are increased

You only have to look at the bias with these so called pundits like Benjamin Bloom and so on. Leave your bias at the door he says. Why should I leave my bias at the door when they are totally up their own clubs. Stuff the other clubs.
Let’s have at them.

Lol'smate
08-09-2023, 06:13 PM
You only have to look at the bias with these so called pundits like Benjamin Bloom and so on. Leave your bias at the door he says. Why should I leave my bias at the door when they are totally up their own clubs. Stuff the other clubs.
Let’s have at them.

Rotherham are just about Ben Bloom's second favourite team after Ipswich. On You tube search for "benjamin bloom championship check-in episode 5" and listen from 5 minutes onwards with Sam Parkin. Lots of praise for the Millers and Matt Taylor.

flourbasher
08-09-2023, 07:10 PM
Rotherham are just about Ben Bloom's second favourite team after Ipswich. On You tube search for "benjamin bloom championship check-in episode 5" and listen from 5 minutes onwards with Sam Parkin. Lots of praise for the Millers and Matt Taylor.

Beating his adversaries Norwich probably helped

rileyev.the.third
09-09-2023, 09:43 AM
No chance of finishing top you could offer odds of 1million/1 wouldn't get a penny off me on that. If say odds of 5/1 to stay up I'd be tempted.

You'd have said the same about Leicester winning the Premier league a few years ago and look what happened there.

gru
09-09-2023, 10:22 AM
You'd have said the same about Leicester winning the Premier league a few years ago and look what happened there.

We haven't got no fit cover at centre back to start with. Top half finish this season think most millers fans would settle for that.

Brin
09-09-2023, 10:48 AM
We haven't got no fit cover at centre back to start with. Top half finish this season think most millers fans would settle for that.

gru, I'd be happy just staying up anything else would be a bonus, then we'd build again next season.

redhouse
09-09-2023, 12:03 PM

Morrison was on the bench last week

gru
09-09-2023, 12:19 PM
Morrison was on the bench last week

He should be retired. Hall same. No good to us never fit.

Brin
09-09-2023, 12:27 PM
Here's the full list according to SkyBet. Boro, you would think will turn it around but that 10/1 looks tempting.

Rotherham
8/11
QPR
6/4
Sheffield Wednesday
6/4
Huddersfield
15/8
Cardiff
9/4
Plymouth
3/1
Swansea
9/2
Hull
10/1
Middlesbrough
10/1
Bristol City
11/1
Birmingham
12/1
Blackburn
14/1
Stoke
14/1
Coventry
16/1
Millwall
16/1
Preston
16/1
Watford
16/1
Sunderland
22/1
West Brom
25/1
Leeds
66/1
Norwich
66/1
Southampton
100/1
Ipswich
150/1
Leicester
200/1

redhouse
09-09-2023, 12:54 PM

I don't think MT would have him on the bench if he wasn't fit

gru
09-09-2023, 12:59 PM
I don't think MT would have him on the bench if he wasn't fit

Got nobody else. Morrison you can see he doesn't move right. Not got over that long term injury.

redhouse
09-09-2023, 01:10 PM
Got nobody else. Morrison you can see he doesn't move right. Not got over that long term injury.

Rubbish he would not risk any player's career by playing him if he's not fit

caytonmiller
09-09-2023, 02:20 PM

If we had 11 Jamie mccarts in our team. Which one would you say shouldn't be playing.
Notice your obsession with bramhall not being a defender has been muted

gru
09-09-2023, 03:07 PM
If we had 11 Jamie mccarts in our team. Which one would you say shouldn't be playing.
Notice your obsession with bramhall not being a defender has been muted

Bramall doesn't look a defender when it gets to our box it's proven this season cost us 2 or 3 goals that's why we've got Seb on loan. McCart he's fit to start with so he's got to more use to us than central defenders who aren't. What I meant about Morrison was you can see his movement it's restricted enough to doubt he can be relied on to play for us at this level.

Geetarman
09-09-2023, 03:11 PM
Just when you think that he couldn't get get any dafter........

Lolmorgan
09-09-2023, 05:01 PM
Just when you think that he couldn't get get any dafter........

Water off a ducks back with gru,try bullying somebody else.