PDA

View Full Version : Keane and Shearer

Tutfoster1892
15-09-2023, 01:50 PM
NUFC account just posted the highlights of the Newcastle vs Man U game which we won 4-3 when Keane got sent off at St James Park..

Now... I'm not saying Keane is a hard man, far from it.. I just think he was a little backward whilst playing..

But you see loads of Newcastle fans saying Shearer stood his ground and would have battered him etc...

I have just watched it back and can honestly say that Shearer looked scared like.. now before I get jumped on for saying that.. have a watch of it back and look at shearer when Keane runs over to him..

TANYA_
15-09-2023, 02:48 PM
NUFC account just posted the highlights of the Newcastle vs Man U game which we won 4-3 when Keane got sent off at St James Park..

Now... I'm not saying Keane is a hard man, far from it.. I just think he was a little backward whilst playing..

But you see loads of Newcastle fans saying Shearer stood his ground and would have battered him etc...

I have just watched it back and can honestly say that Shearer looked scared like.. now before I get jumped on for saying that.. have a watch of it back and look at shearer when Keane runs over to him..

when i first saw it, i thought Shearer looked scared, but watching it back again today, Shearer didn't even flinch or move away when Roy went for him.

Hot heads and toys out of the pram etc. Maybe its just the elite mentality desperate to win, more likely they hated each other lol

If Roy was wanting a punch up, I'm sure he would have been i the tunnel waiting for Shearer and we would have heard about it by now

Tutfoster1892
15-09-2023, 03:01 PM
when i first saw it, i thought Shearer looked scared, but watching it back again today, Shearer didn't even flinch or move away when Roy went for him.

Hot heads and toys out of the pram etc. Maybe its just the elite mentality desperate to win, more likely they hated each other lol

If Roy was wanting a punch up, I'm sure he would have been i the tunnel waiting for Shearer and we would have heard about it by now

I agree.. Just think Shearer stood his ground because he had to at home and also he knew the Man U players were holding him back.. theres definite fear in his eyes..

Ragatino
15-09-2023, 04:34 PM
I agree.. Just think Shearer stood his ground because he had to at home and also he knew the Man U players were holding him back.. theres definite fear in his eyes..

I played in a charity golf match years ago. I wasn't paired with Shearer but he was there. In the club house after the event, one of the lads I was with plucked up the courage to ask Shearer what happened. He recanted the story to a few of us lads.

"Roy had swept in and took me and the ball. I wasn't very happy about the tackle. The ball hand bounced back towards me so I picked it up and said to him 'Here ya are son, do you want me to sign it for you?' Roy lost it and swung for me. I knew he was gonna be off for it so I just stood looking at him trying not to retaliate."

GBruno
15-09-2023, 04:35 PM
Bit of a silly discussion these days. I don't really care who was scared of who.

I will say, however, there is definitely adrenaline running through Shearer. You can see it in his face. Whatever Keane's intention, Shearer's body was getting ready for a fight!

I am envisioning Keane getting to Shearer, and before Shearer can even throw a punch, 50,000 Geordies have decended to the pitch and are throwing Keane about like that scene from The Life of Animals with David Attenborough, the one where the Killer Whale is throwing that seal around ;)

I could have gone for the scene where the chimps are ripping that monkey up!

Cannylad
15-09-2023, 05:50 PM
I've come across many Keane's in my time, all hard men until you bloody their nose. Shearer was dead right to do nothing, it actually winds the thug up, I saw no fear in him.

Zippity
15-09-2023, 07:50 PM
I've come across many Keane's in my time, all hard men until you bloody their nose. Shearer was dead right to do nothing, it actually winds the thug up, I saw no fear in him.

Spot on. Shearer wasn't scared in the slightest, imo.

Watchful and cautious, aye, because he could see Keane was going to get himself sent off and he didn't want to get so involved that he did too. But not scared.

Jammy89
15-09-2023, 08:28 PM
Have to agree.

Watched the clip as well and I don't see any fear in his eyes.

ex_pat_magpie
15-09-2023, 09:12 PM
Have to agree.

Watched the clip as well and I don't see any fear in his eyes.

Shearer just stood his ground, cocked his head back a bit and jutted his chin out, making an offer to Keane.

Shearer stared him out and Keane lost it. He also lost a bit of his hard man image from that time on too.

Kal
15-09-2023, 10:08 PM
Keane would have been given the Gillespie treatment, if push had come to shove.

ex_pat_magpie
17-09-2023, 10:20 AM
Keane would have been given the Gillespie treatment, if push had come to shove.

I wonder how they would get on now if brought together on the same panel as pundits on a game.