PDA

View Full Version : Motherwell made the chances but St Mirren score

Footymad
16-09-2023, 05:01 PM
Motherwell lost at Fir Park as St Mirren found the net. Goals count, missed chances don't. - External Link (http://www.motherwell-mad.co.uk/rprt/mtch/motherwell_made_the_chances_but_st_mirren_score_97 5094/index.shtml)

LawSteelman
16-09-2023, 05:28 PM
We played well enough okay over the piece but our dismal summer transfer business especially when it comes to forward players came back to bite us today. Theo Bair will not do. He puts plenty of effort and running in but he can’t be relied on to lead the line and get us goals.

Handsome_Devil
16-09-2023, 06:31 PM
Bair is perfectly respectable for a fourth choice Motherwell striker, I don't think anyone expects goals from him.

Obika was a silly move agreed but having strikers one and two get clattered and then tear a calf within days of each other is bad luck.

I'm not even that annoyed about today, it's a shame to lose but three of our four previous league games were also in the balance and we took 7/9.

Keep up like this and we'll be fine.

texaco cup
16-09-2023, 07:25 PM
Feel we will probably play worse and win games, Shaw given time will get us goals I feel. But meantime we have to play someone through the middle who is willing to fight and chase every lost cause in the opposition’s penalty box. Not stand off their defenders and give them all the time in the world to make their passes.

Gowboy
17-09-2023, 04:54 PM
We played some good football, and I feel we have four guys in midfield - Spittal, Slattery, Miller and Paton - who are all comfortable on the ball, which produced a good level of creativity going forward. However, once we got in around the 18 yard box we lacked the cutting edge to really trouble St Mirren, and all the corners and free kicks also lacked any end product. We need a real goal threat and it isn’t Theo Bair, although I could not fault his effort. Shaw looked more direct once he came on and we need to see what he can do given more minutes on the pitch.