PDA

View Full Version : Did we lose 7-0 last night

5under1and
20-09-2023, 10:38 AM
Just looked at papers ,Sky sports , internet .
All say the team bottled it and only player that came out of it with any credit was Pope
I would just like to say Iam very proud of our team and ALL our players and staff
Looking at it in the clear light of day
First champions league match in 20 years
The group of death
Away to one of the biggest names in European football
WE GOT A DRAW AND A POINT is that not what most true fans wanted at the beginning of the night

HughieG
20-09-2023, 10:49 AM
That's ridiculous. We got a lot of credit in the bank last night for going to Milan and battling for the one point. We weren't very good on the ball and will need to get better, but a point against a good Milan side with a lot of Champions League matches under the belt is well-earned and well-deserved by Eddie & Co.

Ragatino
20-09-2023, 01:38 PM
That's ridiculous. We got a lot of credit in the bank last night for going to Milan and battling for the one point. We weren't very good on the ball and will need to get better, but a point against a good Milan side with a lot of Champions League matches under the belt is well-earned and well-deserved by Eddie & Co.

More than half the team & the whole coaching team experienced European football for the first time in their careers last night.

Not at home to a Polish or Serb team (no disrespect to them) but their baptism of fire wad in the F'in San Siro against the 4th best team in the world last year.

Considering our early season form the whole club needs to be applauded for their effort & result. Taking a point AWAY TO AC MILAN is not something many teams will do this season.

Do I think we could have done better? Of course but we ain't exactly firing on all cylinders right now so the result was a good one, the performance, solid if not inspiring. A solid platform.

Do I think the lads played the occasion as much as the 11 in front of them? Of course but I defy any one in their situation to do differently.

Last time we were in Europe we have Sir Bob Managing. The epitome of a European football statesman. Seen it all, experienced it all, calm and confidence personified.

Let the gossips gossip. We took a point and held a good Milan team to a clean sheet. That's class in anyone's book.

Jammy89
20-09-2023, 07:05 PM
Some of hte papers have been a bit over the top - I'm very happy with the result.

You aim to win your home games and not lose away.

Sclox
20-09-2023, 07:43 PM
Absolutely fk all wrong with a point at the San Siro.

Great start. Maybe a win was not out of the question but noone can conplain.

toptoon
20-09-2023, 09:57 PM
Press have the knives out for Newcastle? There’s a surprise.
I stopped listening to any of them when they said we should be happy to have Ashley and Bruce.

Tutfoster1892
21-09-2023, 09:20 AM
One thing I will add to this is if it had been any of the other 3 Prem teams playing Milan they would have an away win..

Not saying we didn't deserve the point for resilience, but we hung on all game

toptoon
21-09-2023, 09:52 AM
Press have the knives out for Newcastle? There’s a surprise.
I stopped listening to any of them when they said we should be happy to have Ashley and Bruce.

One thing I will add to this is if it had been any of the other 3 Prem teams playing Milan they would have an away win..

Not saying we didn't deserve the point for resilience, but we hung on all game

I don’t follow that. We clung on for a point but the other 3 would’ve won? That suggests Milan aren’t very good and we are even worse!
The other 3 would’ve offered more in attack but that doesn’t mean they would’ve won. We all want to play well and win but it’s all about results and we got a decent one on Tuesday.

Makes me wonder what they’re saying about Milan in Italy? Must be getting daggers for only getting a point at home against an inexperienced (in Europe) team like ours.

Tutfoster1892
21-09-2023, 10:02 AM
I don’t follow that. We clung on for a point but the other 3 would’ve won? That suggests Milan aren’t very good and we are even worse!
The other 3 would’ve offered more in attack but that doesn’t mean they would’ve won. We all want to play well and win but it’s all about results and we got a decent one on Tuesday.

Makes me wonder what they’re saying about Milan in Italy? Must be getting daggers for only getting a point at home against an inexperienced (in Europe) team like ours.

Milan arent very good to be fair.. they'd finish mid table in the PL..

I just think they were there for the taking if a team was able to create chances and put them away.. which we didnt yet Man U created chances and put 3 away past Bayern.. Man City is.. well.... theyre Man City and Asrenal created and put away chances too

I'm not saying we were poor by any means, but there were a few questionable performances from Isak, Tonali and Bruno.. possible nerves