PDA

View Full Version : Match ratings v FGR

TSANHO
23-09-2023, 08:17 PM
Stone - Not very convincing today. Hesitant and some pretty poor distribution. Not sure he could do much about the goals though - 5.5

Baldwin - Pick of the defenders today. Some real classy moments but god, the guy is brittle. Looked injured again when he went off - 7

Brindley - Did well with the football side but was out muscled every time it got physical it seemed to me. Some weak ass defending for their first goal - 6

Cameron - A mixed bag. Some decent runs forward and some great footwork but don’t think he won a header all game. Beat initially at the back post for their second goal far too easily - 6

Austin - Some nice work down the right but he’s no Nemane or TAR and we kinda missed that. Still did ok but was rightly subbed I think - 6.5

Palmer - Not his best game up against some quality and physicality in the opposition but he was still important in wrestling some sort of control back in the game - 7

Bostock - Like Brindley was weak for their first goal and was also in a battle helping Palmer. On the spot to score a crucial goal - 7.5

Jones - Rightfully MOTM. So good to have him back in the side. Constant threat and two assists? - 8

Crowley - Another goal, another assist and some lovely play….especially in the second half when he had TAR to link up with. Like most of the team, he struggled at the start of the second half - 8

Didzy - Beautiful assist and well taken goal. Lovely touches throughout the game….he was class actually. Silly booking and free kick to give away at that time. Did he have an argument with Crowley at one point?! 8

Macca - Typical tireless running and hounding. Wasn’t involved much but got a well deserved goal - 7.5

Subs

TAR - Important introduction. Not sure we win this game if he doesn’t come on - 7

Rawlo - Gave pen away, didn’t do much else - 5.5

JOB - Seemed a little bit off the pace. Just a little late in the challenge, giving the ball away in dangerous positions. Love the guy, is he just not match fit, have his legs finally gone….or just one of those days? - 6

jacobncfc
23-09-2023, 09:39 PM
Stone - 6 - Fine with the goalkeeping stuff, distribution was pretty wayward.

Baldwin - 6 - Played well enough, but needs to sort his fitness out. You can't have a first choice centre back who keeps needing to be subbed off after an hour.

Brindley - 7 - Thought he was the best of the backline.

Cameron - 6 - Got bullied by Deeney on a couple of occasions, did his best work coming forward really.

Austin - 6 - Put in a solid shift as he always does in whatever position, but we clearly missed Nemane's runs in behind.

Jones - 8 - What a player, we're so lucky to have him. Without those injuries he'd be playing in the Premier League.

Palmer - 6 - Thought it was a rare off day, or at least half, for him and Bostock. We really needed them to be able to take control of the midfield and calm it down in the first 20 minutes of that second half but it never quite happened.

Bostock - 7 - As above, but an extra mark for a goal (on his right foot!).

Crowley - 8 - Fairly quiet game overall, but still got a goal and played a lovely pass through to TAR in the build-up to Bostock's.

McGoldrick - 8 - Class act, really finding his place in this team now I think.

Langstaff - 7 - Classic Macca really, worked tirelessly and poached himself a goal. Nice pass in the build up to the fourth as well.

--

Adebayo - 7 - Played well, becoming a more and more useful part of the squad.

Rawlinson - 5 - Won a few headers, clumsy for the penalty.

O'Brien - 6 - Did alright, won a few crucial tackles.

Elite_Pie
23-09-2023, 10:18 PM
Stone 5.5 - no major errors, but didn't look confident. Distribution not as good as usual.
Baldwin 6 - some classy touches, but dodgy positioning a few times.
Brindley 7 - looks much better in the centre, some crucial blocks.
Cameron 6 - looked better going forward than he did defending.
Austin 5.5 - didn't offer his usual threat, looks better on the left.
Palmer 6.5 - fairly typical game, but didn't dominate like he can.
Bostock 7 - good at both ends of the pitch, took his goal well.
Jones 8* - a constant threat, caused them problems and also defended well.
Crowley 6.5 - good when he was involved, but had a few quiet spells.
McGoldrick 7 - always a threat and tracked back well. Clinical finish for his goal.
Langstaff 7 - typical Macca, non-stop harrying and lost his markers to score.

TAR 7 - gave us a new attacking dimension on the right.
Rawlinson 6 - did ok apart from conceding the penalty.
JOB 5.5 - won the ball and lost the ball in equal measures.
Chicksen n/a

Still not sure what to make of the game. I know Luke Williams always compliments the opposition, but I don't know if they're as good as he made out. We were awful for the first 20 minutes of the second half, and never regained the control we had in the first half. I don't think we played that well but still got the 3 points, which is supposed to be the mark of a good team. It will be interesting to see the xG stats and I think they will probably be in our favour, but we made hard work of it today.

BCnotts18
23-09-2023, 10:19 PM
Stone - 4 - At least partially at fault for two goals and his distribution was awful; I've never seen LW so angry at a player as he was with Stone during the first half. Plus I'm sure he's glued to his line.

Baldwin - 6 - Was okay but I can't give any of the defence more than a 6 after conceding 3, especially at home.

Brindley - 5.5 - As already mentioned, he was bullied by Deeney today and I have no idea why he let him turn inside our own six yard box for their first.

Cameron - 5.5 - Partially at fault for their second by standing there like a lettuce and letting their player head it back across goal unchallenged.

Austin - 6.5 - Did okay but wasn't anything special either. Decent linkup with both Crowley and Didzy.

Jones - 8 - Did very well with another assist and multiple other dangerous deliveries, as well as some great tracking back too.

Palmer - 6.5 - Put in his usual 7/10 in the first half but failed to impose himself in the second and ended being bullied, allowing FGR to dominate us for most of the half.

Bostock - 7 - Similar to MP but a goal bumps his rating up. Plus he was tidier in possession than Palmer was.

Crowley - 7 - Looked great in the first half and got himself a goal, but apart from a little bit of linkup with TAR before our 3rd goal, he was anonymous second half when we really could've done with his presence in midfield.

McGoldrick - 7.5 - Got a goal and assist and showed some great touches but also gave the ball away cheaply a few times and got booked stupidly.

Langstaff - 7 - Scored and never stopped running but didn't impact the game as much as he perhaps should've.

TAR - 7 - Helped to provide a bit of much needed physicality when he came on and essentially set up the 3rd goal, but I'm still not overly sure about him defensively.

Rawlinson - 5 - Gave a penalty away and looked as slow as a oil tanker as usual, just don't think he is cut out for this level.

JOB - 5 - Similar to Rawlo in that I think he's out of his depth at this level. Seems to try to do too much with the ball and either his pass or first touch lets him down.

Chicksen - N/A

Overall, first half we were efficient if not spectacular but the second half, barring a five minute spell, was unacceptable and, to me, just shows we're in desperate need of another midfielder in January; we can't just rely on JOB as a backup, and that if the goals stop coming, for whatever reason, we're in trouble with how frail we are defensively.

But, nonetheless, it's another 3 points and hopefully we can build on the positives from today against Colchester.

Chicken Balti Pie
23-09-2023, 11:12 PM
Stone - 4 - Doesn't command his area, and his distribution was awful. Also took him a second each time to make a decision. I believe he has a newborn at home, maybe it's sleep deprivation but it's not filling me with confidence

Baldwin - 6 - nothing out of the ordinary but a worry he can only last 60 mins. Maybe time for Macari or Tipton?

Brindley - 7 - classy player and swept up well. Didn't tend to win his physical battle with Deeney but that shouldn't be his role

Cameron - 5 - thought he had a game of two halves so went for the median as I'd give him 4 for first half and 6 for the second, seemed a mile off the pace early doors but grew into the game

Austin - 6 - he was fine but seemed to be bullied on the defensive side of things

Jones - 8 - what a player, had he not had injuries, we wouldn't be watching him at Notts but on MOTD, defended well and the ball to McGoldrick was just sublime

Palmer - 7 - decent game, controlled things and tried to move us forward, if only he'd back himself to shoot more, missed a glaring opportunity choosing to pass instead

Bostock - 8 - We lose his physical presence when he goes off, does the simple things and took his goal well

Crowley - 8 - had a slow start to the game but for probably the smallest man on the pitch, scores a lot of headers. Links up so well with TAR as well.

McGoldrick - 9 - An assist and a goal, did his defensive duties as well, my MoTM but Jones was close

Langstaff - 7 - harried and took his goal well. Think he's feeling a bit of pressure as he's not got the same amount as last year as he snatched at a couple of shots but he needs to remember he has 5 in 9, for a player who has never played at this level, that is a great record

Subs

Adebayo - 8 - came on and changed the game, was physical in both attack and defence and put across some great crosses.

JOB - 6 - gives 100% but lacks the physical presence of Bostock

Rawlinson - 5 - Gave away a penalty (still undecided on if it was but the ref gave it) didn't really notice him much in the game

Chicksen - NA - wasn't on long enough

ajojones
24-09-2023, 01:31 AM
Didn't see the game but love waking up to 3 points and entertaining scorelines. 9s for all - Super Notts!

the_anticlough
24-09-2023, 01:23 PM
Mine are more or less in line with the other ratings on the thread. Perhaps a bit more generous (that's unusual) because I thought we bossed it again. Completely dominated the 1st half, had a crazy 15mins, then re-established our 2 goal cushion as if we could do that any time we wanted. FGR were lucky to get back in it. Looking at it like this, the ratings should be positive

Stone 5 - I glad others are picking up on his awful long kicking, if this number includes LW, all the better.
Baldwin 6 - Not at his best, ragged during that crazy period, and did his best Alex Lacey impersonation for the first two goals
Brindley 7 - Very good again, really saved us sometimes. He won't like looking back at his part for Deeney's first.
Cameron 7 - Disagree with others. I though he had a good game generally
Palmer 7 - The Matty Palmer 7 out of 10.
Bostock 8 - Came to the fore as the game went on. He should've stayed on the pitch. We needed him
Austin 7 - Very tidy
Jones 8 - That might've been the best I've seen him - irrepressible
Crowley 8 - Part of a very potent bunch of creative attackers, gave their back line such a hard time.
McGoldrick 8 MOM - Can hardly put a cigarette paper between him and JJ, but Didzy just edged MOM for me. Class player
Langstaff 8 - Getting more effective in his all round game and fantastic pressing

Subs
Adebayo 7 - this guy is unbelievable at getting in behind the defence, does it multiple times every game he plays
JOB 5 - started like a train, but those times the ball sticks beneath his feet and he gets dispossessed could have really hurt us.
Rawlinson 5 - didn't steady the ship as he was sent on to do, and it did look like a pen.
Chicksen NA - wasn't on long enough