kritichris
23-09-2023, 09:03 PM
1 point in 5 games,it's the only possibility

alfinyalcabo
23-09-2023, 09:05 PM
Great idea. 👍

malwayne
23-09-2023, 09:09 PM
Where are the goals coming from . Ironic that the three promoted teams currently hold the three relegation places.

Vintage Claret
23-09-2023, 09:17 PM
I thought we played well in thr first half, but dropped off a little in the 2nd.
We conceded to what may be the goal of the month while they were fortunate the post came to their aid.
Our problems seem to be converting the possession we had into goals, as BT has often said we are short of a lethal stiker.

outwoodclaret
23-09-2023, 09:39 PM
Disappointing to lose to what I thought was a very poor Manchester United team. They produced just one moment of real quality just before halftime with a clever pass from Evans and stunning volley from Fernandes. Koleosho was so effective on the left wing early on it was a pity he was switched to the right when JBG departed. We played some nice football especially in the first half but need a cutting edge. Amdouni looks capable of a few goals but we will miss Foster.

Deadlydave
23-09-2023, 10:31 PM
Reality is in this league is that mistakes get punished and cost games. We just can't switch off for a second. We lack high quality cutting edge to our play. I cannot see that being solved so easily. Utd were ordinary but conjured one moment of class and that's its all over. I think this is going to be a long hard season despite probably playing well against most teams. The game for me is a template of our problems and great strengths.

wmdave_b
23-09-2023, 11:45 PM
Disappointing to lose to what I thought was a very poor Manchester United team. They produced just one moment of real quality just before halftime with a clever pass from Evans and stunning volley from Fernandes. Koleosho was so effective on the left wing early on it was a pity he was switched to the right when JBG departed. We played some nice football especially in the first half but need a cutting edge. Amdouni looks capable of a few goals but we will miss Foster.

Couldn’t agree with more Sir Outwood, 100%correct as I see things

The Bedlington Terrier
24-09-2023, 05:41 AM
Amdouni should have bagged a first half brace.
We do not play off the defender's shoulder.
We do not play in between the lines.
We have no-one who can play that killer ball who can just slip a ball through the opponents back four.
On the bright side our own back four look lots better and Beyer and Al-Dakhil are staring to gel into a really solid partnership.
Hate to say because army88 will start crowing but we would have got something out of this game if Foster had been leading the line.
Onwards & forwards.

ClaretinBudapest
24-09-2023, 07:08 AM
We had numerous chances in the first half to put the game to bed and Utd and one moment of magic from Fernandez.That is the PL in a nutshell-you have to take the chances you get otherwise you will get punished.
Corners at both ends are a major problem for us.Did anybody else notice we are useless at taking long corners,short corners and defending opposition corners?
The disallowed goal again highlighted Traffords weak point-he does not like catching the ball from corners.
Second half was forgettable until the changes.Benson should have been brought on earlier because I think he would have made an impact.We missed Foster up front.
Tresor looks like a gem also.
Altogether pleased with the performance-we outplayed Utd for most of the game.We deserved at least a draw.

wmdave_b
24-09-2023, 11:07 PM
We have no-one who can play that killer ball who can just slip a ball through the opponents back four.

We have and we did, just that we missed those chances. We were the better team so let's not over react. Some of our early season form was 'franked' today in horse racing terms.

wmdave_b
24-09-2023, 11:17 PM
We had numerous chances in the first half to put the game to bed and Utd and one moment of magic from Fernandez.That is the PL in a nutshell-you have to take the chances you get otherwise you will get punished.
Corners at both ends are a major problem for us.Did anybody else notice we are useless at taking long corners,short corners and defending opposition corners?
The disallowed goal again highlighted Traffords weak point-he does not like catching the ball from corners.
Second half was forgettable until the changes.Benson should have been brought on earlier because I think he would have made an impact.We missed Foster up front.
Tresor looks like a gem also.
Altogether pleased with the performance-we outplayed Utd for most of the game.We deserved at least a draw.

Concerned by the lack of cover for Foster, Jayrod no longer the answer, way off the pace of the modern game.
Agree Benson should have come on earlier and but for the injury to JBG things may have been different. Problem with benny is he's a bit lightweight and that comment true for the whole team.
We have nobody to protect Trafford whilst dealing with corners/set pieces. Corners/set pieces at the other end we are lacking, without Foster perhaps.
Let's see if Vinny has the answers to scoring enough, we certainly have plenty of quality, bit like Man C 10 years ago maybe?

barrie_burn
25-09-2023, 11:45 AM
It seems to me that we have all the players necessary but we are not sure yet what our best team is.Obafemi to come back and we haven't
really seen what he can do yet,plus how and where do we accommodate Tresor,Berge & Zaroury?

kritichris
25-09-2023, 12:26 PM
It seems to me that we have all the players necessary but we are not sure yet what our best team is.Obafemi to come back and we haven't
really seen what he can do yet,plus how and where do we accommodate Tresor,Berge & Zaroury?

it's like the Morecambe and Wise sketch, I'm playing all the right notes but not necessarily in the right order.

ClaretinBudapest
25-09-2023, 03:41 PM
[QUOTE=wmdave_b;40359737]Concerned by the lack of cover for Foster, Jayrod no longer the answer, way off the pace of the modern game.

He is embarassingly out of his depth now in the PL.He completely failed to make contact with the ball when he got a chance.It was against Man U. that he scored his final screamer in the PL when we finally got a result at Old Trafford.Unfortunately time has caught up with him and/or like you say the modern game is just too quick for him now.