PDA

View Full Version : Cammy's testimonial

Returnofrros
26-09-2023, 09:25 AM
Why have against a club that's engulfed in child abuse allegations, fans are as obnoxious as they come and treat Dens Park like their own political playground

Shame for Cammy, won't be attending

BCram
26-09-2023, 09:47 AM
Disagree Rross with your reasoning. This is probably the one occasion that going to see DFC play Celtic is worth the effort. This is a celebration and not an occasion for not turning up to support one of our own.

I agree that they have some very unpleasant history and that they get away with bad behaviour that other clubs would be hammered for, but Cammy's Testimonial is not the occasion for making a stand against them.

My family went to watch Liverpool play Rangers in a testimonial for Walter Smith. Liverpool was our "English" team at the time, and we went to the Liverpool end. Their fans were a nightmare but we enjoyed seeing their players "in the flesh".

Think we should try to get behind this game and give Cammy's Terstimonial a boost.

Returnofrros
26-09-2023, 10:55 AM
Disagree Rross with your reasoning. This is probably the one occasion that going to see DFC play Celtic is worth the effort. This is a celebration and not an occasion for not turning up to support one of our own.

I agree that they have some very unpleasant history and that they get away with bad behaviour that other clubs would be hammered for, but Cammy's Testimonial is not the occasion for making a stand against them.

My family went to watch Liverpool play Rangers in a testimonial for Walter Smith. Liverpool was our "English" team at the time, and we went to the Liverpool end. Their fans were a nightmare but we enjoyed seeing their players "in the flesh".

Think we should try to get behind this game and give Cammy's Terstimonial a boost.

Those scum are better kept away from Dems.

As I say shame for Cammy.

BCram
26-09-2023, 12:41 PM
If it is something that a lot of people have been working on I think it is disappointing that you have made a negative comment. Of course you are entitled to your view but I hope everyone else gets behind this testimonial.

Returnofrros
26-09-2023, 01:07 PM
If it is something that a lot of people have been working on I think it is disappointing that you have made a negative comment. Of course you are entitled to your view but I hope everyone else gets behind this testimonial.

Don't keep inviting the abuser back.

They and the other half shud be shunned by the rest of Scottish football not encouraged.

Those who have been working on it ain't worked hard enough, lack of imagination and lack of respect for our own support who generally don't turn up against these tossers.

That's a bit more positive.

BCram
26-09-2023, 01:17 PM
Hoping more supporters will think like me rather than like you.

noahrab
26-09-2023, 01:23 PM
Why have against a club that's engulfed in child abuse allegations, fans are as obnoxious as they come and treat Dens Park like their own political playground

Shame for Cammy, won't be attending

You're prepared to stand against those accusing Russell Brand and give him a free pass but a club in its current form that has no evidence against it is ‘engulfed’ in it.

Double standards.

Returnofrros
26-09-2023, 01:29 PM
You're prepared to stand against those accusing Russell Brand and give him a free pass but a club in its current form that has no evidence against it is ‘engulfed’ in it.

Double standards.

Already been prosecutions for buggering wee boys, if and when brand is convicted I doubt he will have been involved in buggering wee boys.

Returnofrros
26-09-2023, 01:30 PM
Hoping more supporters will think like me rather than like you.

I don't think there will be, it's an unbelievably poor choice.

Returnofrros
26-09-2023, 01:32 PM
I don't think there will be, it's an unbelievably poor choice.

Let's invite the reserve team of the team we get our lowest home support against. 😳

eric_sinclair
26-09-2023, 02:31 PM
One of the players definitely deserving of a testomonial.

islaydarkblue
26-09-2023, 02:52 PM
In my opinion this is a strange time of the year to hold a testimonial match especially with the Dens Park pitch having drainage problems.
Normally testimonial matches are held in before the start of the season which also acts as a warm up game for the start of the season.
It will probably be a second string Celtic team as a number of their first team players will be away on international duty.

jdfc
26-09-2023, 03:50 PM
In my opinion this is a strange time of the year to hold a testimonial match especially with the Dens Park pitch having drainage problems.
Normally testimonial matches are held in before the start of the season which also acts as a warm up game for the start of the season.
It will probably be a second string Celtic team as a number of their first team players will be away on international duty.

Spot on

I feel sorry for Cammy, a dark wet November Thursday night ain’t going to have folk flocking to Dens, and the opposition won’t entice many either

The AuldYin
26-09-2023, 05:35 PM

Double standards.

You're right pal, they've only had 7 or 8 ex members of staff prosecuted for *** offences against young boys that's not nearly enough "evidence against it"

Returnofrros
26-09-2023, 07:21 PM
You're right pal, they've only had 7 or 8 ex members of staff prosecuted for *** offences against young boys that's not nearly enough "evidence against it"

Facts and conviction dosent matter it's whas got the biggest mob.

Glasgow Celtic and their rebel cause 😆 are media darlings, Russell Brand not so much, he used to be though when he was trying to take on Sir Peter Hitchens on drugs legislation.

noahrab
27-09-2023, 02:09 AM

‘club in its current form’.

Did you miss that?

The AuldYin
27-09-2023, 06:35 AM
‘club in its current form’.

Did you miss that?

A club that "in it's current form" continues to deny any involvement despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary. If you want to be an apologist for them that's entirely your choice but I'm of the same opinion as the OP, they wouldn't be my choice.

eric_sinclair
27-09-2023, 07:57 AM
A club that "in it's current form" continues to deny any involvement despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary. If you want to be an apologist for them that's entirely your choice but I'm of the same opinion as the OP, they wouldn't be my choice.

They wouldnt be my first choice either but lets be real here,canna mind the furore fae dees when we were loaning the likes of griffiths and hazzard from Celtic a few years back.
I hope he gets a decent turnout although I do agree the timing of the game could have been much better.

Returnofrros
27-09-2023, 08:53 AM

That scene from Salem's lot where the vampire needs an invite to come in and ye think ffs dinnae invite him.......**** too late.

We should have pretty much **** all to do with these cretins that isn't compulsory through the league.

Thing is I would have expected Cammy Kerr to know how much they are despised and if he had any input into it to say thanks but no thanks.

Would have got just as many Dee's turning out for two old boys teams

Celtic, their fans, their management, their "culture" is a complete turn off for most Dee's and has been since Cammy Kerr stood on the terrace.

noahrab
27-09-2023, 09:00 AM
A club that "in its current form" continues to deny any involvement despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary. If you want to be an apologist for them that's entirely your choice but I'm of the same opinion as the OP, they wouldn't be my choice.

Thats like saying DFC are the same club as the directors who took it into admin.

Apologist😂😂 away yi go ya 🤡

The AuldYin
27-09-2023, 12:49 PM
Thats like saying DFC are the same club as the directors who took it into admin.

Apologist😂😂 away yi go ya 🤡

Of course DFC are the same club, liabilities don't go away by simply changing directors. Ask the Catholic church, the BBC, all the football clubs that paid out over the Barry Bennell affair, and what about all the tobacco companies that have been successfully sued? The list of companies who have paid out after changing directors must be endless.

What's that Mr Lambert & Butler you've changed your director? Awe sorry to bother you you're free to go.

noahrab
27-09-2023, 12:59 PM
Of course DFC are the same club, liabilities don't go away by simply changing directors. Ask the Catholic church, the BBC, all the football clubs that paid out over the Barry Bennell affair, and what about all the tobacco companies that have been successfully sued? The list of companies who have paid out after changing directors must be endless.

What's that Mr Lambert & Butler you've changed your director? Awe sorry to bother you you're free to go.

Did you support DFC when we had Graeme Rix?

Returnofrros
27-09-2023, 01:25 PM
Did you support DFC when we had Graeme Rix?

I would seriously doubt that. 😄

Was Rix involved in the systematic buggering of numerous ****age boys?

Musta missed that.

I wouldn't invite Celtic if the pope was visiting , Mary had appeared as vision behind the Derry or the groundsman had stigmata.

They are ****s.

Returnofrros
27-09-2023, 01:29 PM
And Rix convicted either 98 or 99 he played for us 7 years earlier

Returnofrros
27-09-2023, 01:32 PM
And Rix was an employee any owner wuda had to have foresight beyond belief to know what he was gonna do 7 years later

The Celtic board and some believe management turned a blind eye back in the day and have continued to pretty much cover up to this day.

Must be Russell brands fault. 😆

noahrab
27-09-2023, 03:48 PM
And Rix convicted either 98 or 99 he played for us 7 years earlier

He was back coaching us after conviction.

Returnofrros
27-09-2023, 04:08 PM
He was back coaching us after conviction.

Yes I know for a short time.

Rix had *** with a 15 year old, nearer 16 if I mind right, grooming more than likely, isolated case more than likely, wrong yep, served his time yep he had.......was it 3 mths of 6 or 6 of 12?

Celtic cover up spans decades multiple convictions and club cover up.

The two situations arnt in the same ball park.

Celtic are loathsome, their support is loathsome, their support and praise of terrorists and murderers are loathsome.

Shudnae be anywhere near Cammy Kerr's testimonial.

noahrab
27-09-2023, 04:14 PM

Rix had *** with a 15 year old, nearer 16 if I mind right, grooming more than likely, isolated case more than likely, wrong yep, served his time yep he had.......was it 3 mths of 6 or 6 of 12?

Celtic are loathsome, their support is loathsome, their support and praise of terrorists and murderers are loathsome.

Congratulations. You’ve won this weeks whataboutery award.

Returnofrros
27-09-2023, 04:43 PM
Congratulations. You’ve won this weeks whataboutery award.

Coming from a Celtic "sympathiser" that's just incredible.

The AuldYin
27-09-2023, 05:41 PM
Coming from a Celtic "sympathiser" that's just incredible.

I gave up when he used Rix in his argument, as if it was anything nearly similar to raping of bairns that went on at Parkhead by the staff on an industrial scale. Honest to **** you just wonder WTF goes on inside boys heeds.

islaydarkblue
27-09-2023, 05:47 PM

I am very surprised that Cammy Kerr’s testimonial committee have chosen Celtic for his testimonial match especially on the same night as a Scotland international football match is being played in the middle of November.
I can only assume that they were running out of time as it has been almost a year since Cammy Kerr’s testimonial Golf day was held at Downfield Golf Club and testimonial events usually take place within a 12 months period.

noahrab
27-09-2023, 06:50 PM
I gave up when he used Rix in his argument, as if it was anything nearly similar to raping of bairns that went on at Parkhead by the staff on an industrial scale. Honest to **** you just wonder WTF goes on inside boys heeds.

What a fückin pap you are.

Do you and others on here boycott all Dee games v Celtic…or are you and others full of wind and pïsh?

Rix is on the *** offenders register. You, I, or anyone might have a view on the rights and wrongs of that…but it’s a fact…and you still went to Dee games then so don’t try and claim the moral high ground now. You’ll find it’s a lonely place.

Returnofrros
27-09-2023, 07:28 PM
What a fückin pap you are.

Do you and others on here boycott all Dee games v Celtic…or are you and others full of wind and pïsh?

Rix is on the *** offenders register. You, I, or anyone might have a view on the rights and wrongs of that…but it’s a fact…and you still went to Dee games then so don’t try and claim the moral high ground now. You’ll find it’s a lonely place.

A huge amount of season tic holders don't go, patg counted in the dozens but you , b cram and a few others including Kerr apparently think it's ok to invite them in.

Sorry it's wrong and you know it's wrong.

noahrab
27-09-2023, 07:36 PM
A huge amount of season tic holders don't go, patg counted in the dozens but you , b cram and a few others including Kerr apparently think it's ok to invite them in.

Sorry it's wrong and you know it's wrong.

When was the last time went to a Dee v Celtic match.

Show me where I said it’s ok to invite them in?

Returnofrros
27-09-2023, 07:43 PM
When was the last time went to a Dee v Celtic match.

Show me where I said it’s ok to invite them in?

I feel almost as angry about this as Dodds.

It's an appalling decision, absolutely appalling

Well say you don't want them in instead of going on about Russell brand and Graham Rix we ain't playing a showbiz 11 or Chelsea old boys.

No posting on this subject again.

It's a terrible decision that will get few people in the door and rightly so hell mend them.

noahrab
27-09-2023, 07:48 PM

Well say you don't want them in instead of going on about Russell brand and Graham Rix we ain't playing a showbiz 11 or Chelsea old boys.

It's a terrible decision that will get few people in the door and rightly so hell mend them.

Deflection to add to the whataboutery.

Pearlclutchers.dsc

Returnofrros
27-09-2023, 07:50 PM
Deflection to add to the whataboutery.

Pearlclutchers.dsc

And still not said you don't want them.

Captain ****ing deflection.

noahrab
27-09-2023, 08:00 PM
And still not said you don't want them.

Captain ****ing deflection.

Is this you NOT posting on the subject?

More wind and pǐsh.

islaydarkblue
27-09-2023, 11:10 PM

In my opinion the members of the Cammy Kerr Testimonial Committee should be explaining why they have invited what will basically be a Celtic B team to be the opposition in his testimonial match on a cold Thursday evening in November in competition with a Scotland international football match.
They could have played this testimonial game on a Sunday afternoon during the January mid season break.
It could have been played against a Dundee FC old boys eleven with former players such as Gary Irvine, Gary Harkins and Rab Douglas being invited to play.

noahrab
28-09-2023, 03:02 AM
In my opinion the members of the Cammy Kerr Testimonial Committee should be explaining why they have invited what will basically be a Celtic B team to be the opposition in his testimonial match on a cold Thursday evening in November in competition with a Scotland international football match.
They could have played this testimonial game on a Sunday afternoon during the January mid season break.
It could have been played against a Dundee FC old boys eleven with former players such as Gary Irvine, Gary Harkins and Rab Douglas being invited to play.

Ever stopped to think it may be the player who’s asked to play them?

The AuldYin
28-09-2023, 06:12 AM

That's true, it's possible like yourself he's a big fan of the kiddyfiddlers.

noahrab
28-09-2023, 09:54 AM
That's true, it's possible like yourself he's a big fan of the kiddyfiddlers.

Oh mate, like across the road, I wouldn’t give them the money and don’t go to Parkhead for that reason.

I’m sure you feel suitably foolish now. Probably just a normal day for you.

islaydarkblue
29-09-2023, 12:16 AM
If he has then surely he would want to play his testimonial match when the full Celtic first team will be playing instead of most of them playing for their country in international football matches at the same time which is likely to result in a greatly reduced attendance.

noahrab
29-09-2023, 07:59 AM
If he has then surely he would want to play his testimonial match when the full Celtic first team will be playing instead of most of them playing for their country in international football matches at the same time which is likely to result in a greatly reduced attendance.

Doesn't matter if it was a full team or a celebrity team, some posters on here never go to watch when we play the Timalloys.

I’m sure they’re not telling porkies…

Deeranged
29-09-2023, 11:28 AM
Doesn't matter if it was a full team or a celebrity team, some posters on here never go to watch when we play the Timalloys.

I've worked with copper alloys, aluminium alloys, steel alloys, magnesium alloys - I've even worked with titanium alloys but timalloys is a new one on me.

islaydarkblue
29-09-2023, 11:59 AM

At present I am intending to attend Cammy Kerr’s testimonial match on 17th November 2023.
However if the Scotland game against Georgia is televised live on SKY or terrestrial TV then it is a ‘no brainer’ for me.
I will watch the Scotland game instead of sitting in a freezing cold Dens Park with a poor attendance and little atmosphere.
This game should have been played as a pre season friendly against one of the English teams who had a pre season tour in Scotland.
James Forrest of Celtic managed to get Athletic Bilbao for his testimonial match before the start of the 2023-24 season.

Returnofrros
29-09-2023, 01:45 PM
I've worked with copper alloys, aluminium alloys, steel alloys, magnesium alloys - I've even worked with titanium alloys but timalloys is a new one on me.

Timalloys......no matter how man times you "bugger up" reverse parking it leaves no mark on the club.....sorry wheel and even if it does just blame it on previous owners.

noahrab
29-09-2023, 01:55 PM

Did your ‘wife’ tell you to post that?

noahrab
29-09-2023, 01:56 PM
Timalloys......no matter how man times you "bugger up" reverse parking it leaves no mark on the club.....sorry wheel and even if it does just blame it on previous owners.

Looks like you’re having a great holiday.

Its like you’ve never been away.

Returnofrros
29-09-2023, 02:51 PM
Looks like you’re having a great holiday.

Its like you’ve never been away.

Missing you 😎

The AuldYin
29-09-2023, 05:03 PM
Daft Noah has been a bit on edge since that anti IRA anthem was belted oot in Paris last weekend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h32lWyHHmcs

noahrab
29-09-2023, 05:11 PM
Missing you 

Never doubted it.

noahrab
29-09-2023, 05:12 PM
Daft Noah has been a bit on edge since that anti IRA anthem was belted oot in Paris last weekend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h32lWyHHmcs

Did you not read my previous post thickstuff?

The AuldYin
29-09-2023, 05:43 PM
Did you not read my previous post thickstuff?

I don't read posts nor open links from Tims.

noahrab
29-09-2023, 06:06 PM
I don't read posts nor open links from Tims.

And?

Returnofrros
12-10-2023, 05:56 PM
Still time to cancel Celtic B and invite a Hamas 11, maybe paraglide in over tannadice and take oot a few dabs.

By the looks of it it might actually draw a bigger Dundee support to the game.

Utterly bizzare

deecom
30-10-2023, 01:20 PM
Like many Dundee supporters, i was disappointed when i heard that it was to be Celtic for Cammie's testimonial.
Just heard from a good source, that it was BRENDAN RODGERS who approached Dundee and offered the Celtic team for cammies testimonial.
Brendan is aware of Cammies service to Dundee, when he was previously manager with Celtic.
Would have been difficult to refuse a generous offer like that if no other team had been selected.

Deebunked
03-11-2023, 07:55 AM
At present I am intending to attend Cammy Kerr’s testimonial match on 17th November 2023.
However if the Scotland game against Georgia is televised live on SKY or terrestrial TV then it is a ‘no brainer’ for me.
I will watch the Scotland game instead of sitting in a freezing cold Dens Park with a poor attendance and little atmosphere.
This game should have been played as a pre season friendly against one of the English teams who had a pre season tour in Scotland.
James Forrest of Celtic managed to get Athletic Bilbao for his testimonial match before the start of the 2023-24 season.

The Scotland game won't be televised on the 17th, mainly because Scotland are playing on the 16th.

So you should be free to go sit in an empty Dens on the 17th on your own if they let you in.

I feel for Cammy with what looks like a low crowd, expenses for former players turning out etc...there won't be much left. He could probably do without people turning up on the wrong day.

BCram
03-11-2023, 09:38 AM
Whole family going to support Cammy. Organising Committee have got brilliant guests Speroni, Sarah, Caballero, Adam, Harkins are the names I remember.
Come on, give Cammy a benefit night to remember with pride. Be positive about HIS team. Its a testimonial, not an occasion to continue fan hostility.

Deeranged
03-11-2023, 10:28 AM
Whole family going to support Cammy. Organising Committee have got brilliant guests Speroni, Sarah, Caballero, Adam, Harkins are the names I remember.
Come on, give Cammy a benefit night to remember with pride. Be positive about HIS team. Its a testimonial, not an occasion to continue fan hostility.

Cammy deserves a testimonial for his length of service. That said he's never been a superstar type player and if we're being honest has mostly been a bang average to pretty poorish player. I honestly feel that because Cammy's only really been the squad / fringe player he has been throughout his time, combined with a very unexciting choice of opposition on a cold November night on the same day as Scotland are playing, will have a lot of people just thinking they won't bother.

I kind of feel for the guy but come on - what would you really expect other than low interest given the circumstances?

islaydarkblue
03-11-2023, 11:25 AM
The Scotland game won't be televised on the 17th, mainly because Scotland are playing on the 16th.

So you should be free to go sit in an empty Dens on the 17th on your own if they let you in.

I feel for Cammy with what looks like a low crowd, expenses for former players turning out etc...there won't be much left. He could probably do without people turning up on the wrong day.
Sorry. My mistake.
The Scotland game is also being played on 16th November 2023. In my opinion Cammy should have tried to have his testimonial game against United which would probably have resulted in a much higher attendance.

BCram
03-11-2023, 02:08 PM
Hoping for the best.

BP33
03-11-2023, 07:32 PM
Cammy deserves a testimonial for his length of service. That said he's never been a superstar type player and if we're being honest has mostly been a bang average to pretty poorish player. I honestly feel that because Cammy's only really been the squad / fringe player he has been throughout his time, combined with a very unexciting choice of opposition on a cold November night on the same day as Scotland are playing, will have a lot of people just thinking they won't bother.

I kind of feel for the guy but come on - what would you really expect other than low interest given the circumstances?

You’ve been a constant critic of CK on the other site.

Deeranged
03-11-2023, 08:17 PM
You’ve been a constant critic of CK on the other site.

I only ever criticise players when, in my opinion, they deserve criticism. If you read all my posts correctly you'd know that I've also praised him many times after good performances.

But hey, I've pointed out his flaws a few times so it's constant criticism.

I think you'll actually find my main criticism is of people who refuse to accept he can do any wrong - the 'one of our own' mob.

BCram
03-11-2023, 08:35 PM
I only ever criticise players when, in my opinion, they deserve criticism. If you read all my posts correctly you'd know that I've also praised him many times after good performances.

But hey, I've pointed out his flaws a few times so it's constant criticism.

I think you'll actually find my main criticism is of people who refuse to accept he can do any wrong - the 'one of our own' mob.

But that's exactly how I feel about him and most of the youngsters who come through the youth programme. There's more of a connection with them
in my opinion.

jdfc
03-11-2023, 10:02 PM
I’m away on holiday so im missing match, looking at all the former players, let’s hope they dig up Jimmy Johnstone and invite any survivors from 67 or it will be a hiding

islaydarkblue
03-11-2023, 11:36 PM
I’m away on holiday so im missing match, looking at all the former players, let’s hope they dig up Jimmy Johnstone and invite any survivors from 67 or it will be a hiding
My mother died suffering from MND and that is a shocking comment about Jimmy Johnstone.

Deeranged
04-11-2023, 07:26 AM
My mother died suffering from MND and that is a shocking comment about Jimmy Johnstone.

Where does that post mention MND?

jdfc
04-11-2023, 02:46 PM

Wasn’t mocking anyone’s death, if it helps I’ll ask that they dig Bertie Auld up instead

islaydarkblue
04-11-2023, 07:05 PM
Wasn’t mocking anyone’s death, if it helps I’ll ask that they dig Bertie Auld up instead
You should not making a comment about a person who has died.

islaydarkblue
04-11-2023, 07:06 PM
Where does that post mention MND?
For obvious reasons I am well aware that Jimmy Johnstone died as a result of suffering from MND of which there is currently no cure.

Deeranged
04-11-2023, 08:02 PM
For obvious reasons I am well aware that Jimmy Johnstone died as a result of suffering from MND of which there is currently no cure.

My mother died of cancer but I don't get all worked up every time somebody mentions another person who passed away with cancer. It's not JDFC that needs to be taking a look at himself here, it's you.

islaydarkblue
05-11-2023, 01:05 AM
My mother died of cancer but I don't get all worked up every time somebody mentions another person who passed away with cancer. It's not JDFC that needs to be taking a look at himself here, it's you.
It has been recently reported that one in three hundred people in the U.K. die from MND which is a lot less than cancer.

Deeranged
05-11-2023, 08:29 AM
It has been recently reported that one in three hundred people in the U.K. die from MND which is a lot less than cancer.

Irrelevant, you went off on one because somebody made a suggestion about a person who has passed away; you then made it personal to you in relation to the cause of your mother's passing despite there being absolutely no reference to MND or any personal reference to you and you whinged about it.

Do we just never involve the name of anyone who's passed away in any conversation in case it upsets a snowflake?

Dodbroon
05-11-2023, 09:48 AM
An impressive array of ex players now lined up for the testimonial. Even if these players are only paid expenses the cost must be considerable. I really hope that ticket sales and expected crowd numbers pick up soon and that the whole thing doesn't turn into a financial disaster. I was always going to go and am now looking forward to it more than before due to being able to see the legends again. I'm drumming up support with family and friends and hopefully others will do likewise. I've never been a fan of the testimonial idea especially for overpaid players but Cammy is local, a Dundee fan as well as player, he has been enthusiastic in support of community and fan projects and is a good guy. He deserves at least modest success with his testimonial despite the wrong, imo, opposition and wrong, again imo, timing.

BCram
05-11-2023, 11:50 AM
An impressive array of ex players now lined up for the testimonial. Even if these players are only paid expenses the cost must be considerable. I really hope that ticket sales and expected crowd numbers pick up soon and that the whole thing doesn't turn into a financial disaster. I was always going to go and am now looking forward to it more than before due to being able to see the legends again. I'm drumming up support with family and friends and hopefully others will do likewise. I've never been a fan of the testimonial idea especially for overpaid players but Cammy is local, a Dundee fan as well as player, he has been enthusiastic in support of community and fan projects and is a good guy. He deserves at least modest success with his testimonial despite the wrong, imo, opposition and wrong, again imo, timing.

Some positive support for Cammy's Testimonial! This isn't a game about Cammy's team winning and beating Celtic, it's about players from our past showing off and trying to revive memories for us. I saw Caballero as a guest, play at Dundee Violets ground, can't remember why, but he scored 4 goals, never left the penalty box, looked around to see where the defenders were, walked to a space, got the pass and scored the goal. Fantastic fun. Imagine what it'll be like with Sara, Harkins, McGowan, Adam, McAlister, as well as Speroni.
You know you want to be there!

Deeranged
05-11-2023, 12:04 PM
You know you want to be there!

I don't

BCram
05-11-2023, 12:12 PM
I don't
Fair enough, just hoping you might change your mind - something, I believe, you have been known to do!

eric_sinclair
05-11-2023, 08:15 PM
I will be there,most boys I see at dens are all going.
Cammy deserves recognition imo probably as much for what he does off the park as for on it.

Deebunked
05-11-2023, 08:22 PM
I will be there,most boys I see at dens are all going.
Cammy deserves recognition imo probably as much for what he does off the park as for on it.

At the moment under 400 tickets sold, really hope it's a lot more for Cammy

jdfc
05-11-2023, 10:20 PM
I’m on holiday so won’t make it, I hope for the sake of the fame and Cammy that Celtic get some old boys into there team or it could be a double figure score line

BCram
12-11-2023, 08:40 PM
Darren ODea coming along. Would hope this game gets our supporters along.

Deeranged
12-11-2023, 09:21 PM
I'm in Newcastle Monday to Wednesday nights this week (or maybe I'm just imagining that with being a bit of a Walter Mitty type according to one saddo on here) so even if I was inclined to go to testimonials I doubt I'd have gone.

Hope it ends up a good night for Cammy and for all the fans that go along.

islaydarkblue
13-11-2023, 01:36 AM
I'm in Newcastle Monday to Wednesday nights this week (or maybe I'm just imagining that with being a bit of a Walter Mitty type according to one saddo on here) so even if I was inclined to go to testimonials I doubt I'd have gone.

Hope it ends up a good night for Cammy and for all the fans that go along.
The game is being played this Thursday evening so you should be back in time for the game.

noahrab
13-11-2023, 04:28 AM
The game is being played this Thursday evening so you should be back in time for the game.

Where this world traveller is Monday to Wednesday is irrelevant.

A ‘look at me’ post.

Deeranged
13-11-2023, 06:45 AM

My wife would love that

noahrab
13-11-2023, 12:42 PM
My wife would love that

wifewearsthetrousers.dsc

islaydarkblue
13-11-2023, 03:03 PM
Darren ODea coming along. Would hope this game gets our supporters along.
Unbelievably this game is all ticket with only the Bobby Cox Stand open for the game.
Very disappointing.
With hospitality packages on sale for this game you would have assumed that initially the Main Stand would have been open for the game especially as the Celtic supporters could have been housed in Sections A, B and C of the Main Stand.
The Bobby Cox Stand could have been kept in reserve in case the Main Stand sections for Dundee supporters were sold out.

Returnofrros
13-11-2023, 04:46 PM
Invite scumbags get ****e crowd.

As predicted no one wants scum in yer house.

eric_sinclair
14-11-2023, 01:38 PM
Unbelievably this game is all ticket with only the Bobby Cox Stand open for the game.
Very disappointing.
With hospitality packages on sale for this game you would have assumed that initially the Main Stand would have been open for the game especially as the Celtic supporters could have been housed in Sections A, B and C of the Main Stand.
The Bobby Cox Stand could have been kept in reserve in case the Main Stand sections for Dundee supporters were sold out.

I agree patg for a testimonial makes more sense.

BP33
14-11-2023, 07:29 PM
I agree patg for a testimonial makes more sense.

What difference would that make? You’ll be able to turn up 30 minutes before kick off, and buy a ticket from the shop.

We’ve got a support that look for any excuse not to turn up.

eric_sinclair
14-11-2023, 08:28 PM
What difference would that make? You’ll be able to turn up 30 minutes before kick off, and buy a ticket from the shop.

I'm going to the game but for a testimonial a patg would save queuing twice unnecessarily.
The shop isn't the quickest when quiet.

Returnofrros
14-11-2023, 11:30 PM
Scum game, ****e crowd.

Let's let it go. 😆

eric_sinclair
15-11-2023, 05:45 AM
Scum game, ****e crowd.

Let's let it go. 😆

I get yer anger (a bit) about the opposition.
But "scum game" really?
A local lad getting a wee bit recognition for a decent career,also a player who seems to always be available for events off the park and your forgetting all this cause we play Celtic??
Player we all loved years ago coming over to do their bit yet it's a "scum game"
It's obviously a choice to go or not so why the need to ridicule the whole event?
Just don't go.

Returnofrros
15-11-2023, 08:13 AM
But "scum game" really?
A local lad getting a wee bit recognition for a decent career,also a player who seems to always be available for events off the park and your forgetting all this cause we play Celtic??
Player we all loved years ago coming over to do their bit yet it's a "scum game"
It's obviously a choice to go or not so why the need to ridicule the whole event?
Just don't go.

I'll ridicule what I want

Returnofrros
15-11-2023, 08:15 AM
Just as Linda and those that have organised this game have ridiculous opposition.

islaydarkblue
15-11-2023, 10:07 AM

The management of Dundee Football Club make it as difficult as possible for non season ticket holders to attend home games at Dens Park. Some people do not want to stand in a queue outside the ticket office on a cold November night to purchase a ticket for a testimonial match. If a cash gate can be opened for St Mirren supporters in the Bob Shankly Stand last Saturday why can a cash gate not be opened for Cammy’s Testimonial match.

islaydarkblue
15-11-2023, 10:16 AM
But "scum game" really?
Just don't go.
In my opinion this testimonial game should have been played last summer as a pre season friendly.
There were plenty of English football teams in Scotland having pre season tours who could have provided the opposition for Cammy’s testimonial match.
The obvious testimonial match was against the Dabs as we are not due to play them this season unless we are drawn against them in a Scottish Cup tie.
Cammy’s testimonial committee must have been running out of time to play his testimonial match as events in a testimonial year normally take place within a year.
The first event in Cammy’s testimonial year took place at Downfield Golf Club which from memory was held at the end of September or early October 2022. This was over a year ago.

Dodbroon
15-11-2023, 10:31 AM
Scum game, ****e crowd.

Let's let it go. 😆

Pathetic post!

Dodbroon
15-11-2023, 10:31 AM
I'll ridicule what I want

Pathetic post #2.

Dodbroon
15-11-2023, 10:41 AM
In my opinion this testimonial game should have been played last summer as a pre season friendly.
There were plenty of English football teams in Scotland having pre season tours who could have provided the opposition for Cammy’s testimonial match.
The obvious testimonial match was against the Dabs as we are not due to play them this season unless we are drawn against them in a Scottish Cup tie.
Cammy’s testimonial committee must have been running out of time to play his testimonial match as events in a testimonial year normally take place within a year.
The first event in Cammy’s testimonial year took place at Downfield Golf Club which from memory was held at the end of September or early October 2022. This was over a year ago.

I disagree, almost always, with your constant negativity, sniping and the manner in which you do down the club you purport to support but I actually totally agree with the measured criticism and constructive alternatives brought out in your above post. Would that always be the case with your contributions but I fear that it won't belong before you re-commence your tiresome, bitter, vitriolic vendetta against 'your' club.

eric_sinclair
15-11-2023, 10:52 AM

I agree Islay it makes more sense but surely even if you dont fancy going most dundee fans would like to see him get as good a turnout as possible.

Returnofrros
15-11-2023, 02:20 PM
I disagree, almost always, with your constant negativity, sniping and the manner in which you do down the club you purport to support but I actually totally agree with the measured criticism and constructive alternatives brought out in your above post. Would that always be the case with your contributions but I fear that it won't belong before you re-commence your tiresome, bitter, vitriolic vendetta against 'your' club.

Pathetic bullying ****

Returnofrros
15-11-2023, 02:21 PM
I agree Islay it makes more sense but surely even if you dont fancy going most dundee fans would like to see him get as good a turnout as possible.

I don't and he won't get it

jdfc
15-11-2023, 02:33 PM
The opposition and timing off the match are very poor choices, maybe the committee will have a good reason or they have been lazy in organising it, a game against the likes of Sunderland, pre season or at international break earlier on would have been a better choice imo and a chance of a decent crowd turning up,

Heard the Arabs pulled out at start of the season when they fell to the mighty Spartans, someone can maybe confirm this

Dodbroon
15-11-2023, 03:00 PM
Pathetic bullying ****
I agree Islay is pathetic, not necessarily a bully. Don't know if he is ****?

Dodbroon
15-11-2023, 03:05 PM
I don't and he won't get it

Pathetic post #3. Actually I can't believe you actually mean that and are just being thrawin' and argumentative. If not then have you had some sort of turn that's made you so disagreeable?

Returnofrros
15-11-2023, 03:18 PM
Pathetic post #3. Actually I can't believe you actually mean that and are just being thrawin' and argumentative. If not then have you had some sort of turn that's made you so disagreeable?

Dinnae give a flying **** what you think.

You and the other can go watch the baby beheading supporters.......I hope it's a complete and utter flop because of the opponents.

And yes I mean it.

Returnofrros
15-11-2023, 03:19 PM
I agree Islay is pathetic, not necessarily a bully. Don't know if he is ****?

You and the other bullies no what you are doing, trying to hound him off of here.

Won't work.

Dodbroon
15-11-2023, 03:26 PM
You and the other bullies no what you are doing, trying to hound him off of here.

Won't work.

Away and have a lie down!

Dodbroon
15-11-2023, 03:31 PM
Dinnae give a flying **** what you think.

You and the other can go watch the baby beheading supporters.......I hope it's a complete and utter flop because of the opponents.

And yes I mean it.

Sorry I just think you are letting yourself down with such comments. I and I reckon 99% of our support would only wish Cammy success with his testimonial game despite the admittedly strange/wrong (imo) choice of opponents. Anyway I've made my position clear so I'll now how out of this thread.

Returnofrros
15-11-2023, 03:58 PM
Sorry I just think you are letting yourself down with such comments. I and I reckon 99% of our support would only wish Cammy success with his testimonial game despite the admittedly strange/wrong (imo) choice of opponents. Anyway I've made my position clear so I'll now how out of this thread.

Nope hope it's a flop and it's looking increasingly likely an expensive flop.

I hate the old firm with every fibre and I only want to play them when we have to.

The rest of Scottish football should have nothing to with these two apart from when we have to.

They care only about themselves and we are just bit parts in their annual battle to see who wins everything.

To actually invite them and their fans to Dens is sickening.

But then those that run the club have zero feeling for the club and zero idea what those that have been going for generations think.

Shame on everyone who participates.

Dodbroon
15-11-2023, 04:43 PM

I hate the old firm with every fibre and I only want to play them when we have to.

The rest of Scottish football should have nothing to with these two apart from when we have to.

They care only about themselves and we are just bit parts in their annual battle to see who wins everything.

But then those that run the club have zero feeling for the club and zero idea what those that have been going for generations think.

I actually agree about the choice of opposition. Looks like numbers are rising as the game approaches though. Bobby Cox now all but full according to shop staff.

Returnofrros
15-11-2023, 04:49 PM
I actually agree about the choice of opposition. Looks like numbers are rising as the game approaches though. Bobby Cox now all but full according to shop staff.

Less than 3k.

Chuffed some Dundee fans want no part of it.

eric_sinclair
15-11-2023, 04:55 PM
Only a cpl of ends open so don't think expectations are to high.
Rek Islay possibly right with the last minute job and just fitting it in.
If they get 3k they will be happy I wud imagine.

jdfc
15-11-2023, 05:34 PM
Only a cpl of ends open so don't think expectations are to high.
Rek Islay possibly right with the last minute job and just fitting it in.
If they get 3k they will be happy I wud imagine.

Would 3k leave any profit, can’t be cheap flying players from South America plus hotels

eric_sinclair
15-11-2023, 05:49 PM
Would 3k leave any profit, can’t be cheap flying players from South America plus hotels

Nae clue,wudna be much if any at a guess.

BP33
15-11-2023, 07:07 PM
The management of Dundee Football Club make it as difficult as possible for non season ticket holders to attend home games at Dens Park. Some people do not want to stand in a queue outside the ticket office on a cold November night to purchase a ticket for a testimonial match. If a cash gate can be opened for St Mirren supporters in the Bob Shankly Stand last Saturday why can a cash gate not be opened for Cammy’s Testimonial match.

But you’d be happy to stand in a queue to pay cash?

There’s a lot of clubs who don’t have cash gates.

islaydarkblue
15-11-2023, 08:59 PM

Two wrongs does not make a right.
These clubs who do not have cash gates are not exactly packing in the spectators to justify making their home games all ticket.
When we played our UEFA cup ties in the 1970’s including the famous ties against Cologne and AC Milan they were pay at the gate turnstiles.

islaydarkblue
15-11-2023, 09:02 PM

I would be happy to stand in queue to pay cash as it would save me making two trips to Dens Park to watch a Dundee FC home game.
Once to purchase my ticket and the second time to hand it over at the turnstile.
Sections A, B and C of the Main Stand could be used for cash turnstiles for Dundee supporters who do not have a season ticket.

islaydarkblue
15-11-2023, 09:05 PM
When I was purchasing my ticket in the ticket office for tomorrow night’s game there were about half a dozen single seats left in the Bobby Cox Stand apart from six rows at the bottom of the stand.

Dodbroon
15-11-2023, 09:49 PM
When I was purchasing my ticket in the ticket office for tomorrow night’s game there were about half a dozen single seats left in the Bobby Cox Stand apart from six rows at the bottom of the stand.

I don't think they sell the first few rows due to weather issues. They may have to start selling another area tomorrow.

BCram
15-11-2023, 10:18 PM
Is there any merit in charging different prices for different parts of our ground?

Dodbroon
15-11-2023, 10:38 PM
Is there any merit in charging different prices for different parts of our ground?

Used to be a three price structure many years ago. Top price - Main Stand. Middle price - Stand Enclosure. Then the ground price. There was a transfer between the ground to the stand enclosure for a small price if you changed your mind. I can't remember if the Main Stand was all one price of if the centre stand cost more than the wing stands. Anyone remember?

BCram
15-11-2023, 10:51 PM
Seems to me Shankley and Cox stands are better than Main Stand. SE should be cheapest and sold out for every game.

islaydarkblue
16-11-2023, 12:11 AM
Used to be a three price structure many years ago. Top price - Main Stand. Middle price - Stand Enclosure. Then the ground price. There was a transfer between the ground to the stand enclosure for a small price if you changed your mind. I can't remember if the Main Stand was all one price of if the centre stand cost more than the wing stands. Anyone remember?
The Main Stand used to be the only part of the ground where you could purchase a season ticket and it had tip up wooden seats.
It used to be a 6d transfer from the ground to the enclosure underneath the Main Stand.
It might have been 3d for children.
Prior to about 1958 the enclosure underneath the Main Stand was the only part of the standing area of the ground which was covered.
The rest of the terracing was open to the elements.
The wing stands were cheaper than the centre stand as spectators used to sit on long wooden benches.
My father used to take me to Section G of the Main Stand.
The prices might be listed in some of the programmes from the 1950’s and 60’s.
Jim Mitchell of the Dundee FC historical trust has old programmes and he might be able give details of the different admission prices.

islaydarkblue
16-11-2023, 12:13 AM
Seems to me Shankley and Cox stands are better than Main Stand. SE should be cheapest and sold out for every game.
I prefer sitting in the Main Stand as you can easily see play on the whole of the pitch whereas siting in Shankly and Cox stands you only easily see play at one end of the pitch.

noahrab
16-11-2023, 05:46 AM

Clueless idiot.

English teams on a warm up pre season tour wouldn’t want to play a game against a team of 40+ ex players.

DABs were asked, agreed….then pulled out after getting beat from Spartans.

noahrab
16-11-2023, 05:48 AM
Heard the Arabs pulled out at start of the season when they fell to the mighty Spartans, someone can maybe confirm this

Bang on.

noahrab
16-11-2023, 05:49 AM

Won't work.

Nice to see you calling out Deeranged….oh wait.

noahrab
16-11-2023, 05:50 AM

Oops, hate.

noahrab
16-11-2023, 05:51 AM

A sponsor is paying for that.

noahrab
16-11-2023, 05:53 AM
The Main Stand used to be the only part of the ground where you could purchase a season ticket and it had tip up wooden seats.
It used to be a 6d transfer from the ground to the enclosure underneath the Main Stand.
It might have been 3d for children.
Prior to about 1958 the enclosure underneath the Main Stand was the only part of the standing area of the ground which was covered.
The rest of the terracing was open to the elements.
The wing stands were cheaper than the centre stand as spectators used to sit on long wooden benches.
My father used to take me to Section G of the Main Stand.
The prices might be listed in some of the programmes from the 1950’s and 60’s.
Jim Mitchell of the Dundee FC historical trust has old programmes and he might be able give details of the different admission prices.

Ah, the good old days.

Rickets, diphtheria etc etc.

Returnofrros
16-11-2023, 06:29 AM
A sponsor is paying for that.

What a mug 😄

Returnofrros
16-11-2023, 06:30 AM
Oops, hate.

Hoops hate

noahrab
16-11-2023, 08:21 AM
Hoops hate

Keep telling you, saddos hate.

Returnofrros
16-11-2023, 08:26 AM
Keep telling you, saddos hate.

Well happy to wear that badge with considerable pride when it comes to the sellick.

Scum

Piscean
16-11-2023, 02:07 PM
Strange time for a testimonial, winter, shortly before Xmas, same night as a Scotland game and against a B team. Hopefully he gets a decent gate but we're Laurel and Hardy organising this ?

islaydarkblue
16-11-2023, 06:54 PM
Ah, the good old days.

Rickets, diphtheria etc etc.
And people not being mollycoddled but instead having to use their own initiative.

islaydarkblue
16-11-2023, 06:58 PM
Strange time for a testimonial, winter, shortly before Xmas, same night as a Scotland game and against a B team. Hopefully he gets a decent gate but we're Laurel and Hardy organising this ?
This match should have been played as a pre season friendly as nowadays there are now hardly any free midweeks available to play testimonial matches during the football season.

eric_sinclair
16-11-2023, 10:34 PM
Good to see the likes of sara, caballero,speroni and the bonettis.You can see they still love the club.
Game was a non event tho but just under 3400 there so organisers probably be happy.
Shuda played the dabs in pre season but maybe the early cup start scuppered that.
Ggh still class as well.

BCram
16-11-2023, 11:56 PM
Enjoyed the night. 1st half was decent standard and seemed to me to be helpful in giving our players a good game.
The legends were very well received and it was great to hear the chants to acknowledge them. Sara, Speroni, Caballero and Cammy all have great songs but the guy with the best one, for me, was Ivano Bonetti.

KO was delayed by the size of the crowd all trying to get into the Bobby Cox. Inside cheery atmosphere and no supporters for Celtuc team. Disappointment for money raising but brilliant for the happy friendly family affair that this was.
Good nature banter for Scott Bain. Big Rab played to the crowd and helped set up the penalty with Harkins. Pantomime stuff and no VAR to argue. Great penalty taken by Cammy! All in all a very pleasant night at the football.