PDA

View Full Version : Double standards....?

BARBaggies82
27-09-2023, 06:08 PM
Someone has had the go-nads to dare spray paint "white lives matter" on some railway bridge and, of course, this has been deemed a racist act, and it may well be.

But having had the BLM campaign rammed down our throats at every turn it kind of sticks in my craw.

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/local-hubs/staffordshire/south-staffordshire/2023/09/25/totally-unacceptable-white-lives-matter-graffiti-still-not-removed-as-more-incidents-confirmed/

mickd1961
27-09-2023, 06:25 PM
The Wokes at the council literally tripping themselves up in the desperation to clean this up and reinforce that all white people are racists.

Absolutely pathetic.

What if someone wrote “All lives matter including whites” is that deemed as racist?

Why are only us white people racists?

baggieal
27-09-2023, 06:28 PM
White lives matter as much as black lives. The taking the knee now is laughable and even a number of blacks think the same and refuse to join in.

The wokes strangely enough are whites and not blacks.

baggiematt
27-09-2023, 06:40 PM
I know it’s not the point of the intended post, but why is white or all lives matter even a thing?

No one said black lives only matter. It was a group of people feeling society didn’t represent them and the catalyst was George Floyd’s murder.

Why does every statement have to followed up with a ‘what about us’? It wasn’t about white folk.

Omegstrat6
27-09-2023, 06:57 PM
Someone has had the go-nads to dare spray paint "white lives matter" on some railway bridge and, of course, this has been deemed a racist act, and it may well be.

But having had the BLM campaign rammed down our throats at every turn it kind of sticks in my craw.

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/local-hubs/staffordshire/south-staffordshire/2023/09/25/totally-unacceptable-white-lives-matter-graffiti-still-not-removed-as-more-incidents-confirmed/

Hadn't realised that Kanye was in the Black Country 😀

The BLM movement primarily evolved out of situations in the US where institutional racism and prejudice is still very much alive in too many areas. Whilst racism in the UK is generally no where near as visible or virulent it would be a complete lie to say it does not exist or that many do not experience it. BLM sought to raise awareness of this and so, on one level, I can understand why some might feel that other ethnic communities (particularly white ones) hijacking/appropriating the slogan is being deliberately offensive and rebutting their message. The problem is that too often it is white wokies being offended on behalf of others rather than the Black communities themselves.

Of course, ALL lives matter but the slogan was simply pointing out that ( to many white Americans particularly) Black lives did not seem to matter as much. It was never meant to mean only Black Lives Matter. Pretty short-sighted though, as all they really needed to do to avoid all this was to add one word to their slogan to still make the point without risking alienating the white community: Black Lives Matter Too

Regardless, I agree with you that the knee jerk reaction to it is neither helpful nor proof of racist intent. As you say, it is more likely a reaction to the perception of an agenda being rammed down people's throats for too long at a time when many of all colours are suffering financial hardship.

Grand Wazoo
27-09-2023, 07:06 PM
Maybe if they had used the slogan Black Lives Matter Too it would have saved a lot of the resentment felt by some people.

baggieal
27-09-2023, 08:12 PM
Maybe if they had used the slogan Black Lives Matter Too it would have saved a lot of the resentment felt by some people.

Agree! Was Floyd not a drug dealing crack head who pointed a gun to a woman’s stomach?