PDA

View Full Version : Why no standings?

sidders
01-10-2023, 03:28 PM
Come on, chaps, those of us in remote corners of Yarkshire look forward to supporters' standings and the debate that ensues thereof, but no mention of player performance in the Colchester fiasco. I mean, was Stone worth even 3/10?
I look forward to the Swindon game so off yer arses, chaps.

Elite_Pie
01-10-2023, 04:15 PM
I don't like giving ratings when I've only watched the live stream, but on a 'better than nowt' basis:

Stone 5
Baldwin 5.5
Brindley 6.5
Cameron 6
Nemane 5.5
Palmer 6
Crowley 7
Austin 5.5
Jones 7
McGoldrick 6.5
Langstaff 7

Bostock 6
TAR 6.5
JOB 5.5

It was a game where we looked good going forward and shouldn't have lost, but defensive lapses cost us.

TSANHO
01-10-2023, 04:24 PM
Come on, chaps, those of us in remote corners of Yarkshire look forward to supporters' standings and the debate that ensues thereof, but no mention of player performance in the Colchester fiasco. I mean, was Stone worth even 3/10?
I look forward to the Swindon game so off yer arses, chaps.

I was going to let another go first….but hey ho’

Stone - Howler for the first goal. One good stop. Some decent work with his feet…some not so decent. Conceded 5 but left exposed by his defence - 5.5

Baldwin - Some good challenges but another scatter gun performance. Bullied by their front two. At fault for the 4th goal…or was it 5th?! Becoming apparent we’re not going to be defensively sound counting on him and Cameron in a back three - 5.5

Brindley - Bullied throughout the game. Not totally at fault for any goal but his lack of physical presence yesterday (and v Forest green) was telling. Some good work bringing the ball out of defence - 6

Cameron - Thought he played ok in general actually and was an attacking threat. Beat too easily for their 2nd, or was it 3rd, goal?! If we’re to challenge for promotion we need better defending from our defenders….sounds crazy saying that, but some on here will have you believe otherwise. Back to diving like a child - 6

Nemane - Game passed him by and although no goals came down his side he was pretty ineffective going forward which is unusual. Subbed - 5.5

Jones - Wonderful strike for the goal but also easily beat at times down his side of the pitch, once resulting in a goal. Put some lovely balls into the box throughout the game - 7

Austin - The wrong game to play him in CM, if indeed there ever is one. Showed some good attacking intent, and got a goal, but the middle of the pitch was too open with him playing there. I knew at half time Bostock would be introduced - 6.5

Palmer - Not sure why he was subbed, him and Bostock are our strongest pairing and he was doing ok with the awful balls out of defence. LW alluded to not giving him and Bostock too many minutes and risking injury - 6.5

Crowley - Probably MOTM despite Maccas two goals. A constant threat and a real menace, some beautiful balls into the box a’la Salford - 8

Didzy - Some good work but never looked like scoring, which is odd considering the quailty of the crosses that were going in - 7

Macca - Two important goals, not really involved otherwise - 7.5

Subs

JOB - at fault for their 5th apparently for not charging down. I’d say charging down is a team thing. Thought he was lively otherwise - 6

Tobi - A real threat down that right hand side, surely pushing for a start now - 6.5

Bostock - Came in and stabilised the midfield problem. Moved the ball around well with palmer and was important in the tempo we played with in the second half - 7

the_anticlough
01-10-2023, 04:53 PM
Ratings are like buses. You wait ages for one, then along come...

Very similar to EPs

Stone 5
Baldwin 6
Brindley 6
Cameron 6
Nemane 4
Palmer 6
Crowley 7 MoM
Austin 5
Jones 7
McGoldrick 6
Langstaff 7