Baldwin - 5
Cameron - 4
Jones - 5
Palmer - 5.5
Bostock - 6
Crowley - 6.5
Didzy - 6
Macca - 5.5

After the first 20 minutes we descended into a team that didn’t know each other and had just rocked up after a night out. A hard fought point, and the players have plenty of credit in the bank…..But LW won’t continue to save if his investments stop returning dividends!

drillerpie
08-10-2023, 08:34 AM
Stone - 6
Tobi - 5
Brindley - 5.5
Baldwin - 5
Cameron - 4
Jones - 5
Palmer - 5.5
Bostock - 6
Crowley - 6.5
Didzy - 6
Macca - 5.5

After the first 20 minutes we descended into a team that didn’t know each other and had just rocked up after a night out. A hard fought point, and the players have plenty of credit in the bank…..But LW won’t continue to save if his investments stop returning dividends!

About right but for me Brindley was a 6.5 or maybe even 7.

Magpies1959
08-10-2023, 11:03 AM
LW doesn't have a lot of options but to keep saving, and I am not sure why he wouldn't want to keep saving. It would be interesting to know why there was such a dividing line in the performance, other than LW being correct in saying we got bored with doing the right things, which seems odd. He was certainly not a happy chappie in his post match presser.

Davy500
08-10-2023, 11:41 AM
LW doesn't have a lot of options but to keep saving, and I am not sure why he wouldn't want to keep saving. It would be interesting to know why there was such a dividing line in the performance, other than LW being correct in saying we got bored with doing the right things, which seems odd. He was certainly not a happy chappie in his post match presser.

Course LW was not happy, in the first 20 mins we totally dominated them, and it looked like it was going to be an easy win, then for some reason we just fell apart, Barrow were a bit fortunate with the ball deflecting on to Cameron hand, but after that should have won, LW knows we were lucky in the end to get a point, when we should have got all 3 -i dont buy the pitch ruffling up as an excuse
Its difficult to tell right now whether this is a good point, you allways look at what your competition gets in the same fixture, so far Wrexham also derew, but we will see what Stockport, Gillingham, and Mansfield achieve there

the_anticlough
08-10-2023, 12:25 PM
Course LW was not happy, in the first 20 mins we totally dominated them, and it looked like it was going to be an easy win, then for some reason we just fell apart

Yeah, that'll be the main source of his frustration - we stopped playing.
And bizarrely that long period at the back end of the first half when we seemed to be saying 'you're the home team, you're losing, it's up to you to come and get it' instead of remembering no game is done until you can get 2 or, for us, 3 goals ahead....that was where the points were lost.,

But at the end of the day though, we go away to a top 10 team, draw, and are good value for it IMO on the balance of play over the 90mins. For that reason I think the OP marks are too mean.

Stone 8 - MoM, best all-round game I've seen him have so far
Brindley 7 - Very quiet start, then emerged as our best defender on the day
Baldwin 5 - A 6 really, but docking him not because of his ragged spell in the 2nd half, but because he set that passive tone when we should've have been trying to double our advantage
Cameron 6 - Did as many good things as bad and was unlucky with the pen
Adebayo 6 - Very tidy in both halves of the pitch, but a bit wasteful with the final ball
Palmer 7 - Never stopped trying and worked hard
Bostock 6 - Average by his own high standards
Jones 5 - Contribution has clearly dipped in the last 2 games
Crowley 7 - Was on song as usual so we should have been getting it to him more
McGoldrick 7 - Was a handful for them
Langstaff 5 - Not his day. Its good that LW isn't going to flog him for every minute of every game

Subs - All 5 (apart from Jr who wasn't on long enough). We need more from the players coming on.