PDA

View Full Version : Brentford v Burnley

kritichris
21-10-2023, 02:28 PM
Seems like they are all over us and just got a goal to prove it. Not looking good.

army88
21-10-2023, 02:53 PM
We’re f kin pants Chris look like a pub team

army88
21-10-2023, 03:04 PM
Seems like they are all over us and just got a goal to prove it. Not looking good.

We gave them a goal start again and we were doing our best to give them our customary 4

alfinyalcabo
21-10-2023, 03:09 PM
They should be 5 or 6 up,Trafford keeping them out and they are missing easy chances.
Need wholesale changes in the second half or it will be another very heavy defeat..
Going down
Going down
Goingdown
No doubt about it..

kritichris
21-10-2023, 03:34 PM
TV pundit says Brentford are cruising and look a class apart from Burnley, apart from Trafford.

kritichris
21-10-2023, 03:45 PM
Wtf is going on, down to 10 men. Chris Wood has a brace for Forest, it's one of those days.

WillPark
21-10-2023, 03:49 PM
Foster is frustrating me… he’s constantly running away from a scoring position…

kritichris
21-10-2023, 03:50 PM
Well there goes my solitary prediction point as Brentford get another. This is a relegation team.

ClaretinBudapest
21-10-2023, 03:57 PM
Watched the game until my internet connection faltered just after Brentfords third goal.We were outplayed, outfought, losing second balls and bereft of ideas.
Berger gifted them their first goal and if wonderkid Koleosho cannot sidefoot a ball into an open goal from 5 yards out we are doomed.There does not seem to be any cohesion in the team and the heads drop now after going 2 down.Could have been 5 or 6 for Brentford.
We deserved zilch.VK does not seem to have a plan B.

alfinyalcabo
21-10-2023, 04:07 PM
Wtf is going on, down to 10 men. Chris Wood has a brace for Forest, it's one of those days.

Yet Luton grab a point.

army88
21-10-2023, 04:07 PM
If we played with plan A it would help - we are literally all over the place - discipline is bad two red cards - self respect as players is bad we just watch runners run off us and past us and let them go with not an ounce of hunger to right a wrong or help others.

I don’t know what’s going on but it ain’t good and as I’ve posted before we’ll get murdered most weeks playing even remotely like that.

It’s strange under Dyche we created very little and defended a lot , now we’re just running around all over the place and conceding 3-4 every week - there has to be a happy medium somewhere

WillPark
21-10-2023, 04:08 PM
23 goals conceded in 9 games…

The Bedlington Terrier
21-10-2023, 04:35 PM
No need to do anything daft just replace the manager. >:(

Vintage Claret
21-10-2023, 04:38 PM
What a total shambles from Kick off to the final whistle.

While I do not think that Trafford had a bad game he must be feeling the strain now with the number of goals we are conceding, but we are defensively extremely weak, compounded by a virtual non existant mid-field. Since our bench was not blessed with defensive options I would have expected some changes in mid-field at half time, but that did not happen.

At the start of the second half we saw a glimmer of hope from Koleosho, but that did not last long as it seemed we could not get the ball to him enough.

When Bruun Larsen was brought on he seemed to have a positive effect but was then either injured or sacrificed after that appauling attempt by Roberts. Overall I think Roberts has been quite poor this season.

Kompany need to revise his game plan as neither plan a or the plan b that we have yet to see seem to be working.

Still there is a long way to go, and for us mere mortal supporters to get behind the team.

FromTheDarkness
21-10-2023, 11:03 PM
1 shot in 90mins
Yet Kompany was happy about the second half, before the sending off. Apparently we where pushing to get back in it... But yet still 1 shot on target in 90 min

The Bedlington Terrier
22-10-2023, 07:10 AM
Brentford were there for the taking and we got nowhere near. :blue:

FromTheDarkness
22-10-2023, 08:23 AM
Because his business model of buying YTS lads has bitten him and the club on the backside. Think it easy just copy Brighton, buy a load of YTS and one will be worth 100mil.. easy.
You cant ******* young lads, those days are gone. Its all positive arm around the shoulder. Its easy when everyone around you is playing well and the team still gets the points.
We are seeing how this manger adapts and changes to overcome issues. Last year was easy we rode on the confidence and had far better players with the right attributes in the right positions. This year we have issues all over the pitch, Ironically we know have a decent number 9.

chastenor
22-10-2023, 01:19 PM
No need to do anything daft just replace the manager. >:(

Well said BT. I am amazed at the lack of reaction to this and my post. Where has all the passion gone? There is no way we should be accepting mediocrity. We are one of the great British clubs and need to remember that.

kritichris
22-10-2023, 05:21 PM
We are one of the great British clubs and need to remember that.
I'm glad you reminded me chas, it slipped my mind over 50 years ago.

barrie_burn
22-10-2023, 06:39 PM
Well said BT. I am amazed at the lack of reaction to this and my post. Where has all the passion gone? There is no way we should be accepting mediocrity. We are one of the great British clubs and need to remember that.

Bob Lord is dead Chas

The Bedlington Terrier
23-10-2023, 01:16 AM
I'm looking on eBay, I want to buy a drum. :s

Balanbam00
23-10-2023, 01:48 AM
Just get some pig skin ,stretch it over a biscuit tin, dry it out, that is leave it in the sun 1 week ,oh! sorry, not much sunshine there ?Ohhh ! you'll find a way?

The Bedlington Terrier
23-10-2023, 07:58 AM
Just get some pig skin ,stretch it over a biscuit tin, dry it out, that is leave it in the sun 1 week ,oh! sorry, not much sunshine there ?Ohhh ! you'll find a way?

Got back to Bolton around 2.00 am this morning Balan, it's mightily cold compared to Fuerteventura! :blue: