PDA

View Full Version : Wrexham Tickets.

AL4notts
23-10-2023, 01:49 PM
Looks like another sell out for the Wrexham game.. Just got two tickets for a mate and only 180 left. Dotted about all over mainly family and Pavis stands..Lets hope for a better outcome than Stags match..

countygump
23-10-2023, 02:07 PM
Looks like another sell out for the Wrexham game.. Just got two tickets for a mate and only 180 left. Dotted about all over mainly family and Pavis stands..Lets hope for a better outcome than Stags match..

Just had a swift looksee. No more than a few hundred in all the home stands.

maddogslater
23-10-2023, 02:21 PM
Glad you posted, just got my tickets, not many left in pavis

OP67
23-10-2023, 02:55 PM
As we've only given them 2800ish tickets I wonder if there'll be a section in the Sirrel opening up to Notts fans?

1955pie
23-10-2023, 03:57 PM
Glad you posted, just got my tickets, not many left in pavis

Quite a lot more available in the Kop now plus some extra in Pavis.

Kent Magpie
23-10-2023, 06:35 PM
I've just counted..389 seats left for home supporters. Wrexham should fill their stand... if not Disney can CGI them in.

uysapie
23-10-2023, 08:11 PM
I've just counted..389 seats left for home supporters. Wrexham should fill their stand... if not Disney can CGI them in.

Have Wrexham had enough tickets to fill the JS? Last I saw was that they had been allocated only around 2800.

1955pie
23-10-2023, 09:27 PM
Have Wrexham had enough tickets to fill the JS? Last I saw was that they had been allocated only around 2800.

That haven’t sold them all yet. Still available via their website.

Wrexham fan
24-10-2023, 07:30 AM
That haven’t sold them all yet. Still available via their website.

All our 2875 tickets were sold within 15 minutes so none are available now. Bit baffling why you didn't give us the full allocation as we would have sold them too.

Bushwacka
24-10-2023, 07:39 AM
All our 2875 tickets were sold within 15 minutes so none are available now. Bit baffling why you didn't give us the full allocation as we would have sold them too.
Could be police/safety advice group decision, based on some of your daytrippers (not proper fans, probably) handing out uninvited slaps to random Notts fans after the last 2 NL games at our place.

tommopie8
24-10-2023, 08:55 AM
Was a bit late buying the tickets and didn't fancy front row of the Pavis so I'm in the corner of the Kop. Anyone got a spare stone island jumper?

1955pie
24-10-2023, 12:34 PM
I stand corrected but your club website doesn’t say and there is still a link there.
Will we be getting a pro rata allocation for the return? It ought to be about 1750 but will it heck.

1955pie
25-10-2023, 06:13 PM
They have made (magically) some more tickets available in the Kop and Family Stand

OP67
25-10-2023, 06:46 PM

You got far more than the 10% we have to give you according to the FA rules.

countygump
25-10-2023, 07:59 PM
A few left in the Famalam and the Kop. 42 I counted.

SwalePie
25-10-2023, 10:44 PM
Thinking back to the darkest days of Notts attendances in recent years and decades, who could have even dreamt that we'd ever be counting individual seat availability for league games at Meadow Lane? Never mind in the fourth division! Truly remarkable times to be a Notts fan!

Willie-Wotsit
25-10-2023, 11:13 PM
You got far more than the 10% we have to give you according to the FA rules.

Tbf though, if ML holds what...20k is it?...and Wxm were only given 2k, they've still got to put us in the same cordoned-off section that we'll be having anyway most probs, meaning a lot of needlessly missed revenue for Notts.

SwalePie
26-10-2023, 12:22 AM
Tbf though, if ML holds what...20k is it?...and Wxm were only given 2k, they've still got to put us in the same cordoned-off section that we'll be having anyway most probs, meaning a lot of needlessly missed revenue for Notts.

I believe the safety certificate limits us to less than 17k currently, in part due to the narrowness of the concourse in the Jimmy Sirrel stand where away fans are put.

OP67
26-10-2023, 08:01 AM

Do we need the missed revenue?? How much lost revenue would there be by missing out on promotion due to a lose? It was clear to see that that Mansfield used their supporters to their advantage, was like a home game to them at times.

1955pie
26-10-2023, 08:20 AM
I believe the safety certificate limits us to less than 17k currently, in part due to the narrowness of the concourse in the Jimmy Sirrel stand where away fans are put.

And we have given them 2850. More than 15%.
The point is raised though. If (and maybe a big if) we continue to progress we will not have enough seats for Notts fans. We are effectively at that point for tomorrows’ game.
(and Mansfield’s)

So at some point, part of the JS will have to be made made permanently available to Notts fans. Unless of course we think it won’t last.
If we don’t then the only way for the club to increase its’ income will be to raise prices.

1955pie
26-10-2023, 09:06 AM
Oh surprise, surprise.
They have just amazingly found over 100 extra seats in the Family Stand.
Why were they saying on the website yesterday that there was "Extremely limited availability"?
To my mind, they should have all been available from day 1.

Bushwacka
26-10-2023, 09:14 AM
Oh surprise, surprise.
Why were they saying on the website yesterday that there was "Extremely limited availability"?

I'd imagine the safety certificate says you need a certain amount of stewards/turnstiles/catering staff per xx amount of fans, so maybe they wait until more tickets are ready to be sold until offering those positions out for the day.

1955pie
26-10-2023, 10:34 AM
I'd imagine the safety certificate says you need a certain amount of stewards/turnstiles/catering staff per xx amount of fans, so maybe they wait until more tickets are ready to be sold until offering those positions out for the day.

Yes you are correct, they do have to have 1 steward for every 250 fans. But they shouldn’t be limiting the number of tickets by the number of stewards available, unless of course there aren’t any more to call upon.
If that is the situation then maybe less tickets for away fans?

Bushwacka
26-10-2023, 11:15 AM
Yes you are correct, they do have to have 1 steward for every 250 fans.

Ah right, can't imagine stewarding costs that much that they'd have to ring one up every time they sell 250 tickets! Assume it's so they can have more fans in certain areas and steward it that way, then.

Magpies1959
26-10-2023, 11:16 AM
It is up to our crowd to make the noise, and our players to out perform the opposition which in turn keeps them quiet. It was a perfect storm against Mansfield, with our fans sitting on their hands, and impersonating church mice, and our players being out performed by Mansfield.
Fan numbers and noise, alone, does not give an advantage to the away side. Take Grimsby in the play off game, we had the game won until the Red Dog secret agent gave away an unnecessary free kick to get them level.

1955pie
26-10-2023, 12:20 PM
It is up to our crowd to make the noise, and our players to out perform the opposition which in turn keeps them quiet. It was a perfect storm against Mansfield, with our fans sitting on their hands, and impersonating church mice, and our players being out performed by Mansfield.
Fan numbers and noise, alone, does not give an advantage to the away side. Take Grimsby in the play off game, we had the game won until the Red Dog secret agent gave away an unnecessary free kick to get them level.

It isn't right to start blaming our own fans.
We know what it is like to be part of a large away following - very lively, vocal and all grouped together.
Luke Williams is always keen to praise the Notts' away following for the support it gives the players. So it obviously helps.

BigFatPie
26-10-2023, 01:02 PM

Or Grimsby in the league this season when the atmosphere we created was great, helped by a decent performance.

Similar numbers of away fans this weekend, so no reason why we can’t do it again.

countygump
26-10-2023, 02:41 PM
Or Grimsby in the league this season when the atmosphere we created was great, helped by a decent performance.

Similar numbers of away fans this weekend, so no reason why we can’t do it again.

83 left. 1 in the Pavis and all the others in the Famalam.

BJPIE
26-10-2023, 04:56 PM
Oh surprise, surprise.

It does seem strange. The same thing happened with the Mansfield game. Does anybody know why?

maddogslater
26-10-2023, 05:26 PM
Nearly a sell out and you still get peps moaning at the club, unbelievable Geoff !!

maddogslater
26-10-2023, 05:28 PM
Thinking back to the darkest days of Notts attendances in recent years and decades, who could have even dreamt that we'd ever be counting individual seat availability for league games at Meadow Lane? Never mind in the fourth division! Truly remarkable times to be a Notts fan!
I strangely felt a tad disappointed when the attendance was announced Tuesday, would of bit yer hand off for that a fee years ago 😕

thefulltenyards
26-10-2023, 05:45 PM
At certain midweek games under Charlie McParland you could count the limited number of occupied seats during the game to pass the time. Now people are counting the limited number of unoccupied seats days before the match. The transformation is incredible and something the owners fully deserve. We have been the bad and utterly depressing for many a year. Now we have the good and very entertaining and all whilst playing tippy happy football.

LincsPie
26-10-2023, 05:53 PM
83 left. 1 in the Pavis and all the others in the Famalam.

I sit in B of DP and no matter what match it is (Borehamwood play off, Mansfield as recent examples) the back row always has seats free and if I look to my right in blocks A and AA the back three rows always have plenty of room. But these seats never appear as available on line, perhaps as others have suggested the back row is always left free for safety reasons - but there's more than the back row available in A/AA.

Bushwacka
27-10-2023, 08:53 AM
Sold ahhhht

countygump
27-10-2023, 08:58 AM
Sold ahhhht

Just abaaatt, Bushy.

A limited number of seats remain available to purchase in store or by phone for Saturday's Sky Bet League Two visit of Wrexham (kick-off 3pm).

The Welsh outfit visit Meadow Lane for the first match between the sides since last season's thrilling National League promotion battle and all areas of the stadium are nearing capacity.

Online sales are no longer available but you can call 0115 955 7210 or visit our ticket office before 5pm to discuss your options. No further sales will be available after this time.

Home supporters will be located in the Derek Pavis, Kop and Family Stands and must have a Notts County purchase history to buy in these areas. See the dedicated section below for more information.

51Magpie
27-10-2023, 11:03 AM
I sit in B of DP and no matter what match it is (Borehamwood play off, Mansfield as recent examples) the back row always has seats free and if I look to my right in blocks A and AA the back three rows always have plenty of room. But these seats never appear as available on line, perhaps as others have suggested the back row is always left free for safety reasons - but there's more than the back row available in A/AA.

Sometimes, when you go for one of the hospitality options you find on the day that they're somehow over-subscribed in which case they shuffle a fair few diners into unpadded seats adjoining the "VIP area". They will always keep some seats at the back of the stand for that purpose.

1955pie
27-10-2023, 02:54 PM

Have another look tomorrow Lincs and let us know.

BJPIE
27-10-2023, 10:37 PM
Whatever the rationale for a few empty seats that might not go to sale it doesn't nullify the fact we are repeatedly selling out (at full price) Meadow Lane. Take a look at Bradford when they state crowds of 18000 or even the nigh on 22000 v Wrexham. Many empty seats.
Notts are doing fabulously.

Elite_Pie
27-10-2023, 10:57 PM
Whatever the rationale for a few empty seats that might not go to sale it doesn't nullify the fact we are repeatedly selling out (at full price) Meadow Lane. Take a look at Bradford when they state crowds of 18000 or even the nigh on 22000 v Wrexham. Many empty seats.
Notts are doing fabulously.

The last time we played Wrexham at home in League 2 was in 2007 when the attendance was 4,359!

Large_Fries
28-10-2023, 06:30 AM
Take a look at Bradford when they state crowds of 18000 or even the nigh on 22000 v Wrexham. Many empty seats.

Valley Parade has a capacity of almost 25,000, hard to hide 7000, or even 3000 empty seats.

thefulltenyards
28-10-2023, 07:37 AM
I would rather lose Wrexham today 2-1 in front of more than 15,000 than win 2-1 against them in front of less than 5,000 that's for certain.

Same league, same opponents but completely different clubs and prospects. Both been through some awful times since 2007.

In hindsight looks a few seasons to reset under new owners in the national league was beneficial rather than embarrassing.

Glad2BeAPie
28-10-2023, 08:34 AM
Back 3 rows Might be out of sale, due to our feathered friends

irishpete
28-10-2023, 08:44 AM
I would rather lose Wrexham today 2-1 in front of more than 15,000 than win 2-1 against them in front of less than 5,000 that's for certain.

Same league, same opponents but completely different clubs and prospects. Both been through some awful times since 2007.

In hindsight looks a few seasons to reset under new owners in the national league was beneficial rather than embarrassing.

Are you for real ? Sooner lose for a bigger crowd than have 3pts?

countygump
28-10-2023, 08:53 AM
Originally Posted by thefulltenyards View Post

Are you for real ? Sooner lose for a bigger crowd than have 3pts?

Absolutely what a load of guff, and as for The NL being beneficial, wouldn't it have been better to stay in the FL and have our "reset" from there?

matt_magpie
28-10-2023, 09:23 AM
Absolutely what a load of guff, and as for The NL being beneficial, wouldn't it have been better to stay in the FL and have our "reset" from there?

What wouldn't have happened in the L2 would have been the instant and constant winning and amount of goals weve scored which you could argue has pulled up attendances.
Also its given us 3 years under IB/LW to properly bed in the style of play against lesser opposition, I think it may have been a car crash starting that from scratch in league 2 and certainly with IB.

Who knows? no one, what I would say it was very humbling as a fan and certainly in the short term MOST Notts fans wont take anything for granted going forward.

countygump
28-10-2023, 09:58 AM
What wouldn't have happened in the L2 would have been the instant and constant winning and amount of goals weve scored which you could argue has pulled up attendances.
Also its given us 3 years under IB/LW to properly bed in the style of play against lesser opposition, I think it may have been a car crash starting that from scratch in league 2 and certainly with IB.

Who knows? no one, what I would say it was very humbling as a fan and certainly in the short term MOST Notts fans wont take anything for granted going forward.

Any reset in L2 would surely have begun with Neal Ardley, who was a lot more familiar with L2 footy. And the reset as much as it was, was a gradual improvement year on year. In truth, NL or FL, it's taken us a few years to get to where we are now, and who's to say that couldn't have been achieved in L2. To describe dropping down into the NL as beneficial, is ridiculous, IMHAHO.

ncfcog
28-10-2023, 10:44 AM
Any reset in L2 would surely have begun with Neal Ardley, who was a lot more familiar with L2 footy. And the reset as much as it was, was a gradual improvement year on year. In truth, NL or FL, it's taken us a few years to get to where we are now, and who's to say that couldn't have been achieved in L2. To describe dropping down into the NL as beneficial, is ridiculous, IMHAHO.

Certainly don’t disagree with that but is there a chance we would have missed out on having the current owners due to potentially higher asking price from the former incumbent?

irishpete
28-10-2023, 10:55 AM
Certainly don’t disagree with that but is there a chance we would have missed out on having the current owners due to potentially higher asking price from the former incumbent?

They were buying the club regardless of what league we were in. I doubt the price would have been any different as nob jockey was in sheet street

matt_magpie
28-10-2023, 11:05 AM

It’s just one of them that we don’t know the answer to obviously.
Personally I’m sort of happy it happened now, I wouldn’t be saying that though if we were still there but I do believe sometimes you have to hit rock bottom to properly kick on. The Wembley final was one of the best feeling’s ever I’ve had as a Notts’s fan, maybe for me out did the Brighton one but that was a long time ago to remember properly.
The good news is the feel good factor is the best it’s been since those days, there’s just something special happening at Notts’s at the moment.

thefulltenyards
28-10-2023, 11:10 AM
My apologies I should have gone into more detail to explain my post. What I was getting at is the health of the two clubs and what a huge contrast it shows. I was suggesting the need to always remember the bigger picture not just winning 3 or 0 points in a single game.

We won that match in 2007 in the same league but we weren't 2nd, we didn't have an inspirational talented young manager and had about 4000 home supporters. If we lose today 2-1 with nearly 3 times the number of home supporters, with a talented manager and are still in the top 6.

Hope that clears it up .

As for a reset, obviously we will never know but I am confident in saying that the reset would not have been as easier at League Two level than at National League level. Harder opposition, less victories, home crowds wouldn't have been as strong. The National League gave us far more room to experiment and continue to improve our new evolving style of play.

At the time relegation was the last thing we wanted for the club I now truly believe it was beneficial in the long term. I certainly would not have wanted to miss out on that special day at Wembley with 22000

LincsPie
30-10-2023, 03:36 PM
Have another look tomorrow Lincs and let us know.

I was sat DP block B upper right and there were pairs and the odd seat available at the back but not many. But as I previously said, the back row and penultimate rows of A and AA there were plenty of seats available, the odd pair and single occupied but you could easily have got instances of 4 tickets together.