PDA

View Full Version : Three Key Targets

GlennMiller
24-10-2023, 07:21 PM
Assuming 4th from bottom is our ultimate aim this season, which three teams might we aim to finish above?

SWFC are as nailed on for the drop as it's possible to be at the moment and only a minor miracle will turn their season around.
QPR are in terminal decline but I can't see the board putting up with Ainsworth for much longer and a bounce might be possible.
Plymouth have dropped badly after an encouraging start. Perhaps the reality of the Championship is setting in?

I reckon these three are our best chance of staying up. However, clubs like Huddersfield, Watford and Stoke may be possible to catch but they appear to have the ability to pick up the odd win which is essential in a relegation battle.

Of course, the key to our survival is picking up a steady accumulation of points to keep the pressure on clubs around us and then coming away with maximum points against our relegation rivals in the head to heads - not something we're historically good at.

Three points tomorrow night would be a good start!

Onwards and upwards.

Citizen Erased
24-10-2023, 07:27 PM
Agreed.

Looking at the next 5 games you would believe they are all winnable on our day with a fit squad. Not that I'd expect to win them all.

Given we don't have that I think the realistic return we should be targeting as a bare minimum is 6 points. Anything less and it's new manager time in my view.

In reality, to try and stay up and narrow the gap we probably need 8/9 points.

The absolute bare minimum is we are in all of the forthcoming games to the wire, injuries included.

avondalemiller
24-10-2023, 11:14 PM
...if we only get 6pts from the next 5 games, then we've done...........

Watch Weds beat us 1.0 for their 1st victory..........................ferking hope not though.

flourbasher
25-10-2023, 02:34 AM
Another team or two will tumble down the league like QPR did last year. I think they were top at one stage before their Manager left for Rangers

The inevitable points deductions might help

the_idiotb_stardson
25-10-2023, 06:50 AM
Owls will stay up.

Made some very shrewd appointments of backroom staff in the last week.

Townerslovechild
25-10-2023, 09:22 AM
Wednesday are an unknown, new untried manager taking over a dire team,could go either way.
QPR will definitely sack Ainsworth soon, then it depends who they get in, but I suspect they will improve.
Huddersfield and a couple of others will struggle, but I honestly think our crap start will see us relegated unfortunately.