PDA

View Full Version : Conor Keeley, Irish CB

Oldstripy
31-10-2023, 04:15 PM
Notts County Zone
@NottsCountyZone

The League of Ireland finishes this Friday

6ft 6 CB Conor Keeley is rumoured to be joining Notts shortly after the league’s conclusion

Tiernan Brooks will also be returning to Notts after Corks relegation fixture

irishpete
31-10-2023, 04:19 PM
I wouldn't think his contract ends that abruptly.
Did I read he has a brother on Spurs books?

MalcSmith
31-10-2023, 05:16 PM
This Saturday Cobh Ramblers(my local team) play Waterford in the first division playoff final. Winners of that play Cork City the following week to see who plays in the Premier division next season. Hopefully see Tiernan in the final!

irish_pie
31-10-2023, 07:44 PM
This Saturday Cobh Ramblers(my local team) play Waterford in the first division playoff final. Winners of that play Cork City the following week to see who plays in the Premier division next season. Hopefully see Tiernan in the final!

Your boys just beat my team (Wexford FC) in the first round of the playoffs...great game here in Wexford but we had too much to do in the second leg, good luck to your boys, they play some very decent stuff 👍

DaveSmithRules
31-10-2023, 08:53 PM
I wouldn't think his contract ends that abruptly.
Did I read he has a brother on Spurs books?

Must be Josh Keeley, 20-year-old goalkeeper.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/josh-keeley/profil/spieler/724536

MalcSmith
31-10-2023, 09:26 PM
Couldn’t get to Ramblers Saturday as I was in Nottingham. Got my ticket for the Waterford match, playing at Turners Cross.

SmiffyPie
01-11-2023, 07:27 PM
Going to take the time out to watch him on Friday v Shelbourne (LOITV).
He looks bloody good on his YouTube compilation. Fast, mobile, good slide tackle and good ball control. Fingers crossed eh?

slack_pie
02-11-2023, 06:59 AM

Oooh Cork City vs Cobh Ramblers, that must be some kind of derby, right?

I nearly moved to that area a couple of years back. I was looking at Cork and the towns around it. Had my heart set on Kinsale but the property prices went crazy post-COVID. What's it like living over there?

Russ_OTF
02-11-2023, 08:46 AM
It has been a done deal.for some time. Probably will train with us until January.

The Dug Out
02-11-2023, 09:16 AM
Going to take the time out to watch him on Friday v Shelbourne (LOITV).
He looks bloody good on his YouTube compilation. Fast, mobile, good slide tackle and good ball control. Fingers crossed eh?

Hi mate
Any guide as to how to watch that ?, i have iptv, how can i get to it, thanks.

SmiffyPie
02-11-2023, 09:29 AM
Hi mate
Any guide as to how to watch that ?, i have iptv, how can i get to it, thanks.Can't help really other than look for a stream. I go to my mates who gets it.

Observerpie
02-11-2023, 09:42 AM
Hi mate
Any guide as to how to watch that ?, i have iptv, how can i get to it, thanks.

Try looking at liveonsat.com on the day of the game.

TedBovisPie
02-11-2023, 11:04 AM
It has been a done deal.for some time. Probably will train with us until January.

Would be good if he did, gives him chance to get up to speed with LWs style of play then he can hit the ground running once he’s eligible to play.

The Dug Out
02-11-2023, 11:20 AM
Cheers

irishpete
02-11-2023, 11:27 AM
Known as "Rip off Ireland' for reason. As long as you don't mind working & looking after the dossers who bleed the system dry you'll be fine. €400 electric bill for 2 months €50 Dr's €100 A&E. Get used to paying for everything unless your on the dole

BanjoPie
02-11-2023, 04:02 PM
Be happy to see Conor here at Notts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXh3u3qs0Lk

durhampie
02-11-2023, 04:17 PM

He is just what we need, and hopefully we can do away with those short corners..

BanjoPie
02-11-2023, 04:20 PM
He is just what we need, and hopefully we can do away with those short corners..

He would certainly put the sh*ts up a few L2 players

durhampie
02-11-2023, 04:42 PM
He would certainly put the sh*ts up a few L2 players

He certainly doesn't take any prisoners...

BanjoPie
02-11-2023, 04:51 PM
He certainly doesn't take any prisoners...

He can pass a ball too ! - TransferMarket has him valued at 125K (euros)

MalcSmith
02-11-2023, 05:08 PM
Lived here over 20 years now. Live in Cobh (pronounced Cove) and very much a tourist town with over 100 cruise liners visiting each year. Last port of call for Titanic. Houses prices in any town or city are all expensive compared to UK.

Kent Magpie
02-11-2023, 05:29 PM
I occasionally pop over to Ringaskiddy for work. I sometimes run out to Crosshaven from Douglas. It's a lovely spot.

BanjoPie
02-11-2023, 05:37 PM
Lived here over 20 years now. Live in Cobh (pronounced Cove) and very much a tourist town with over 100 cruise liners visiting each year. Last port of call for Titanic. Houses prices in any town or city are all expensive compared to UK.

Interesting but have you seen Conor play?

BanjoPie
02-11-2023, 05:39 PM
I occasionally pop over to Ringaskiddy for work. I sometimes run out to Crosshaven from Douglas. It's a lovely spot.

This is not a Travel thread, its about a footballer called Conor Keeley, have you seen him play?

SmiffyPie
02-11-2023, 05:42 PM
This is not a Travel thread, its about a footballer called Conor Keeley, have you seen him play?:P

eyepie
02-11-2023, 05:53 PM
This is not a Travel thread, its about a footballer called Conor Keeley, have you seen him play?

Brilliant.

MalcSmith
02-11-2023, 06:06 PM
No I haven’t, Drogheda Premiership, Cobh Ramblers Div 1.

Jampie
02-11-2023, 06:34 PM

Just what the doctor ordered...

hissingdwarf
02-11-2023, 10:15 PM
Just what the doctor ordered...

Does he have a couple of brothers the same height, skill set and are they free sooner rather than later too?

LaxtonLad
03-11-2023, 06:41 AM

Ee's a big lad, innee?

slack_pie
03-11-2023, 07:50 AM

He looks class based on this. More aggressive in the tackle than our current defenders, but he also seems to have the quality of someone like Baldwin on the ball. Plus he's massive.

slack_pie
03-11-2023, 07:54 AM

Yeah, I looked at Cobh too. The house prices in and around Cork city were surprisingly high, and I understand the rental market is ridiculous out there (especially in Dublin). But it seems if you go further out to West Cork and into Kerry, prices are much kinder. Lovely scenery if you can cope with being out in the sticks.

BanjoPie
03-11-2023, 09:09 AM
Yeah, I looked at Cobh too. The house prices in and around Cork city were surprisingly high, and I understand the rental market is ridiculous out there (especially in Dublin). But it seems if you go further out to West Cork and into Kerry, prices are much kinder. Lovely scenery if you can cope with being out in the sticks.

Excuse me, would you two like to start a new thread! - This is not “a place in the F*in Sun”

OchPie
03-11-2023, 09:12 AM
Excuse me, would you two like to start a new thread! - This is not “a place in the F*in Sun”

Just as well given the weather over there

BanjoPie
03-11-2023, 09:23 AM
Just as well given the weather over there

Oh. I hadn’t noticed that, please tell me more!!!

Kent Magpie
03-11-2023, 09:53 AM

slack_pie
03-11-2023, 10:01 AM

Not really.

1955pie
03-11-2023, 10:08 AM

Leave them to it. We have all taken a thread off topic at some point.

BanjoPie
03-11-2023, 10:37 AM

Oh thank you Kent, I hadn’t seen that video before - where did you get it from?

thefulltenyards
03-11-2023, 10:39 AM
Banjo I would recommend Cobh in early Spring or the middle of Summer if you thinking of visiting.

OchPie
03-11-2023, 10:46 AM
Oh. I hadn’t noticed that, please tell me more!!!

To be fair I realised by watching a youtube link with a load of footy in it...

Kent Magpie
03-11-2023, 11:22 AM
Not really.

Oh thank you Kent, I hadn’t seen that video before - where did you get it from?

I got it from earlier in the thread. You seemed confused about the topic of discussion, so I thought I'd help. ;-)

SmiffyPie
03-11-2023, 11:44 AM
Banjo I would recommend Cobh in early Spring or the middle of Summer if you thinking of visiting.Could always drop in to the Jameson distillery at Midleton on the way (can't beat a drop of Irish).

BanjoPie
03-11-2023, 12:50 PM
I got it from earlier in the thread. You seemed confused about the topic of discussion, so I thought I'd help. ;-)

Yes I know - It was me who posted it!!

MalcSmith
03-11-2023, 01:07 PM
Could always drop in to the Jameson distillery at Midleton on the way (can't beat a drop of Irish).

Was badly flooded 2 weeks ago! Ooops sorry, yes keeley would be a good signing!

DaveSmithRules
03-11-2023, 01:42 PM
Going by that Youtube video you can see why people are a bit excited about this (potential) signing. He's a giant of a lad - which we are definitely lacking - and it looks like he can play the ball, which is important in our team. Also seems to have a few goals in him.

However, playing devils advocate I believe he's also currently just a part-time footballer. So we can't really pin all our hopes on him being ready this season.

Fingers crossed he signs and turns out to be awesome tho!

marky
03-11-2023, 01:48 PM
Going by that Youtube video you can see why people are a bit excited about this (potential) signing. He's a giant of a lad - which we are definitely lacking - and it looks like he can play the ball, which is important in our team. Also seems to have a few goals in him.

However, playing devils advocate I believe he's also currently just a part-time footballer. So we can't really pin all our hopes on him being ready this season.

If we sign him I'd be amazed if we put him straight into the team.

slack_pie
03-11-2023, 01:55 PM

It's also hard to compare the LoI to L2. I have no idea what the average quality of a team is in that league and what level that would correspond to in the English pyramid.

PedroTheFisherman66
03-11-2023, 01:56 PM
If we sign him I'd be amazed if we put him straight into the team.

To be honest I love the approach on new signings where we bed them in first.

Kent Magpie
03-11-2023, 02:14 PM
Definitely. I think this is definitely the way forward.

countygump
03-11-2023, 02:30 PM
Piccy doing the rounds on X. Is it Brinds?

https://i.postimg.cc/NfTqKnHd/F-Aqg-XIXIAAb-ub.jpg (https://postimg.cc/56xkGnpz)

51Magpie
03-11-2023, 02:56 PM
It's also hard to compare the LoI to L2. I have no idea what the average quality of a team is in that league and what level that would correspond to in the English pyramid.

Likewise. Looking at the video montage I was reminded of when I used to visit my son at university in Bangor, when he used to drag me down to watch Bangor City play in the Welsh Premier League, joining a crowd of several dozen in what seemed to be an abandoned cow shed. Looking to see where BCFC is now, I was surprised to find that it's disappeared. A sad end for one of the founders of Welsh league football. Lucky draws in UEFA competitions saw them occasionally playing the likes of Atletico Madrid, but just like the Irish leagues, that sort of thing didn't make it any easier to draw equivalences with English leagues.

Notts78
03-11-2023, 03:13 PM
To be honest I love the approach on new signings where we bed them in first.

There are a small minority on here that would disagree. They want players in and up to scratch immediately. When they are jot it must be cos they are crap.
We are reaping the integration approach with a few players… JJ took a while to get consistent starts. Macari looks a good prospect and I’m certain Stoke will be delighted with how LW and Notts have handled him. Young men on loan isn’t purely getting minutes.

SmiffyPie
03-11-2023, 03:49 PM

Fingers crossed he signs and turns out to be awesome tho!And fingers crossed the L2 refs understand just how clean he looks when slide tackling! (seems to be a dying art these days thanks to the refs!).

slack_pie
03-11-2023, 03:59 PM

https://i.postimg.cc/NfTqKnHd/F-Aqg-XIXIAAb-ub.jpg (https://postimg.cc/56xkGnpz)

Yeah, looks like Brinds to me.

TSANHO
03-11-2023, 04:02 PM

Doesn’t look like Brinds to me 👀

What’re other people on Twitter saying?

countygump
03-11-2023, 04:46 PM

Liam Bridcutt seems to be the name most people are guessing at. Looks like Brinds to me. XD

jackal2
03-11-2023, 04:55 PM
There are a small minority on here that would disagree. They want players in and up to scratch immediately. When they are not it must be cos they are crap.

We are reaping the integration approach with a few players… JJ took a while to get consistent starts. Macari looks a good prospect and I’m certain Stoke will be delighted with how LW and Notts have handled him. Young men on loan isn’t purely getting minutes.

Yes, as with the change in playing style over the past few years, it's another case where Notts fans are having to be educated to think and react differently. Not all incoming signings will be blooded in the first-team straight away, because it takes time for some to get up to speed with the way we now play, which is a culture shock for many lower league players. A good number of our players now have been here for a long-time and instinctively understand each other's game, which plays a big part in the type of football we play. Newcomers can't always just be 'plugged in', unless circumstances like injury require shortcuts to be taken.

Rez1862
03-11-2023, 05:06 PM

Just seen someone saying it's possibly Luke Amos (CM) - released by QPR in the summer and was linked with Reading.

1955pie
03-11-2023, 05:15 PM
Just seen someone saying it's possibly Luke Amos (CM) - released by QPR in the summer and was linked with Reading.
As a stand in for Matty?

BanjoPie
03-11-2023, 05:49 PM
Comparing that pic and photo’s of Amos - looks nothing like him

thefulltenyards
03-11-2023, 05:53 PM
Excellent post by jackal2
When the squad is so well trained in a distinctive style of play it is going to take more time than we are used to. This is a good thing.

SmiffyPie
03-11-2023, 08:33 PM
Watched the first 30 mins of the Drog v Shels game and he never came under pressure so hard to say really. One of those players that seem to float over the ground and has a good turn of pace. Played a few good offsides and marshalled the ball out of play a couple of times. Won some easy headers but no real test from Shels. Standard of the two teams? Lower National League at best. He looks to have a step up in him, very composed and assured in possession. Adam Foley looked tasty, tackled back well and volleyed a good goal.

slack_pie
04-11-2023, 06:57 PM
Liam Bridcutt seems to be the name most people are guessing at. Looks like Brinds to me. XD

It does look a bit like him to be fair.

I think he would have been at Forest around the same time as JOHHNY BOSTOCK.

crazyfists
04-11-2023, 07:11 PM
He looks class based on this. More aggressive in the tackle than our current defenders, but he also seems to have the quality of someone like Baldwin on the ball. Plus he's massive.

Sign him up.

Observerpie
19-11-2023, 10:38 AM
It's been discussed on here that were were in pole position to sign an Irish central defender (can't remember his name) after the end of their season as he would've been a free agent. Anyone know anything?

BanjoPie
19-11-2023, 10:39 AM
It's been discussed on here that were were in pole position to sign an Irish central defender (can't remember his name) after the end of their season as he would've been a free agent. Anyone know anything?

Conner Keeley

SwalePie
19-11-2023, 12:20 PM
[Threads Merged]

Glad2BeAPie
19-11-2023, 01:37 PM
Quite a few at the game and after in the Navi said that Alan Judge is with us.

PedroTheFisherman66
19-11-2023, 02:02 PM
I'm sure he's older than my Grandma!!!

SmiffyPie
19-11-2023, 02:17 PM
I'm sure he's older than my Grandma!!!Not sure if there is anything in this or why if he is here if he is? 35 years old and had a triple rupture of the knee in 2022.

OP67
19-11-2023, 02:39 PM

XD That made me chuckle...

Proactive not Reactive
19-11-2023, 02:40 PM
[QUOTE=Proactive not Reactive;40392481]Probably just training with us to keep fit until he finds a club like JB was training with Forest

irishpete
19-11-2023, 04:18 PM
Conor was voted " fans player of the season" @ Drogs & has said he is looking forward to their new investment (Walsall owners).

countygump
19-11-2023, 04:23 PM
Conor was voted " fans player of the season" @ Drogs & has said he is looking forward to their new investment (Walsall owners).

Not on his way to ML then?

lunaspie
19-11-2023, 08:51 PM

He's put on so much weight his old shirt is assizes too small !

SwalePie
19-11-2023, 10:15 PM
He's put on so much weight his old shirt is assizes too small !

How about re-signing Gary Silk?

lunaspie
20-11-2023, 02:31 AM

A far fitter prospect - only 180 lbs in his briefs.

queenslandpie
20-11-2023, 06:34 AM

Did you have to Swale. I had cleared that memory along with "THE CRAB" out of my head for sometime.

ncfcog
20-11-2023, 11:19 AM
Think we've had 3 offers turned down for Keeley.

slack_pie
20-11-2023, 11:54 AM
Think we've had 3 offers turned down for Keeley.

I wonder if they'll offer him a decent contract now that they've got new investment.

Notts78
20-11-2023, 12:22 PM
I wonder if they'll offer him a decent contract now that they've got new investment.

Didn’t he leave a previous club in the last couple of years due to being homesick?

Proactive not Reactive
20-11-2023, 02:09 PM
I have heard he has agreed to come to Notts if he doesn't get a better offer - so its certainly not nailed on.
The highest offer I heard from us was £125,000 so on a two year contract could be an extra grand a week if we really want him or hopefully we have another couple players on the radar

Kent Magpie
20-11-2023, 02:12 PM
I have heard he has agreed to come to Notts if he doesn't get a better offer - so its certainly not nailed on.
The highest offer I heard from us was £125,000 so on a two year contract could be an extra grand a week if we really want him or hopefully we have another couple players on the radar

Doesn't sound hugely committed either.

slack_pie
20-11-2023, 02:19 PM

They rejected a £125k offer knowing his contract was about to expire? Bloody hell.

Proactive not Reactive
20-11-2023, 02:28 PM
They rejected a £125k offer knowing his contract was about to expire? Bloody hell.

Sorry that was in August but apparently they wouldn't budge from £250000.
Obviously now he would be free hence we could pay higher wages or a signing on fee if so desired but as Old Pie says he doesn't sound committed to Notts.
Although I think we still have to sell ourselves to get better players with a lot of competition and money out there.

slack_pie
20-11-2023, 02:33 PM
Sorry that was in August but apparently they wouldn't budge from £250000.
Obviously now he would be free hence we could pay higher wages or a signing on fee if so desired but as Old Pie says he doesn't sound committed to Notts.
Although I think we still have to sell ourselves to get better players with a lot of competition and money out there.

£250k for a player that's out of contract in four months' time suggests they think he's really worth north of a million.

Proactive not Reactive
20-11-2023, 02:41 PM
Maybe we turned down that for Rueben last January because the promotion was more important ?, they cited they needed him to avoid relegation and were still in the Irish Cup

Oldstripy
20-11-2023, 03:30 PM
According to transfermarkt he is 25.

Notts78
20-11-2023, 03:53 PM

Ahhh more hearsay.

countygump
20-11-2023, 04:52 PM
Ahhh more hearsay.

I think if he does decide to leave Drog there's a more than decent chance he'll show up at Walsall rather than Notts. Money talks...

On second thoughts, I should have added this:

Who do the Trivela Group own?
Walsall, UK, October 12, 2023 – Trivela Group LLC, owners of Walsall Football Club Ltd., have today announced their intentions to move forward with a 100% acquisition of Drogheda United Football Club Ltd., of the League of Ireland Premier Division.12 Oct 2023

60YearsAPie
20-11-2023, 05:15 PM
Here's part of a statement on Walsall's website:

“We are very excited about the opportunity to acquire Drogheda United FC,” said Walsall FC Co-Chairman and Trivela Group Managing Director Benjamin Boycott. “The fast-growing League of Ireland presents unique opportunities for synergies with Walsall FC, which is a major part of our thinking in entering into this project. These synergies will include player movement between the clubs, shared administrative costs, shared commercial opportunities, unique supporter experiences such as friendly matches, and more. The opportunity for players to move between English and Irish clubs relatively seamlessly is of particular interest to us. We are currently seeing positive signs in this area, as influential players such as Oisin McEntee, Ross Tierney, and Freddie Draper all gained valuable experience in the League of Ireland earlier in their careers. In our view, due to these unique synergies, this next step in our growth is great news for Drogheda United, and is great news for Walsall Football Club as well.”

I'd be surprised if he ends up at Meadow Lane. But we'll have to wait and see, I guess.

SmiffyPie
20-11-2023, 05:40 PM
I'd be surprised if he ends up at Meadow Lane. But we'll have to wait and see, I guess.Contract expires at the end of this month so I suppose things will happen in the next week or so? On the balance of things I'm not holding my breath.

BanjoPie
20-11-2023, 05:41 PM

“We are very excited about the opportunity to acquire Drogheda United FC,” said Walsall FC Co-Chairman and Trivela Group Managing Director Benjamin Boycott. “The fast-growing League of Ireland presents unique opportunities for synergies with Walsall FC, which is a major part of our thinking in entering into this project. These synergies will include player movement between the clubs, shared administrative costs, shared commercial opportunities, unique supporter experiences such as friendly matches, and more. The opportunity for players to move between English and Irish clubs relatively seamlessly is of particular interest to us. We are currently seeing positive signs in this area, as influential players such as Oisin McEntee, Ross Tierney, and Freddie Draper all gained valuable experience in the League of Ireland earlier in their careers. In our view, due to these unique synergies, this next step in our growth is great news for Drogheda United, and is great news for Walsall Football Club as well.”

I'd be surprised if he ends up at Meadow Lane. But we'll have to wait and see, I guess.

Probably sign for Walsall then come to Notts on loan in January to get more experience.

1955pie
20-11-2023, 06:06 PM

How does all this stand up regarding Financial Fair Play if they can move players around?

SmiffyPie
20-11-2023, 06:13 PM
How does all this stand up regarding Financial Fair Play if they can move players around?From an article I have just read "This, therefore, means that clubs within the same ownership can get players from each other without any financial obligation and without breaching FFP rules. It will be interesting to see how the football governing bodies respond to this development."

marky
20-11-2023, 06:38 PM
Probably sign for Walsall then come to Notts on loan in January to get more experience.

Why the hell would Walsall sign him and then loan him out to a team in the same division, surely he would go straight into their team if he was good enough, if not he wouldn't go straight into our team.

Proactive not Reactive
20-11-2023, 06:42 PM
Ahhh more hearsay.

Good source 😜 - HP

legs77
20-11-2023, 07:40 PM
How does all this stand up regarding Financial Fair Play if they can move players around?

Not really matter as Watford and Forest do with their other clubs in Italy / Greece.

Newcastle will be next signing all players cheap from Saudi.

In short it’s corrupt as hell and should never be allowed.

marky
20-11-2023, 07:57 PM
Not really matter as Watford and Forest do with their other clubs in Italy / Greece.

It's been happening for years it's how Wolves got so many top class players between 2017-2019.

Notts78
20-11-2023, 08:48 PM

Would we moan if the bros brokered a deal and part owned Juventus and then they started sending starlets our way on loan?

1955pie
20-11-2023, 08:55 PM
Would we moan if the bros brokered a deal and part owned Juventus and then they started sending starlets our way on loan?

I like to think that we would or rather should.

BanjoPie
21-11-2023, 05:00 PM
Although this was posted 9 months ago, it would seem that Conor is not really motivated to go pro!

DaveSmithRules
23-11-2023, 10:57 PM
Although this was posted 9 months ago, it would seem that Conor is not really motivated to go pro!

I wouldn't say that from reading his post. More that he's just motivated to earn enough money to provide for his family.

Here's another link where he talks about how he is motivated to go pro and also about the interest from Notts.

https://archive.is/3oUfx

SwalePie
15-12-2023, 06:39 PM
Has signed for St. Patrick's Athletic on a multi-year deal. :s

Chicken Balti Pie
15-12-2023, 06:57 PM

Not entirely sure he's what we need. We'd need to change our style of play to accommodate him. What we need are better players than what we have now. Baldwin and Cameron are ok, it's the other spot that is the issue. Macari is probably the long term solution but maybe not the short term solution. I wonder if a new goal keeper isn't on the horizon to help in this regard

keldsyke
15-12-2023, 07:15 PM
An unproven Irish League player is not what we need, proven, consistent quality at League 1 - 2 level is what’s needed, no more Lucky Dips please, we’ve had too many already!

VerybigpieLittlepie
15-12-2023, 07:24 PM
We no longer wanted Keeley when recruitment team realised how poor our defence was, big risk expecting someone from a different country who never played in the league before to solve our issues, we will sign a proven player in January instead

marky
15-12-2023, 07:33 PM
We no longer wanted Keeley when recruitment team realised how poor our defence was, big risk expecting someone from a different country who never played in the league before to solve our issues, we will sign a proven player in January instead

Yeah even though we've signed Macari we still need one more at least.

Ex_Southwell_Magpie
15-12-2023, 09:42 PM

I’m thinking exactly the same thing, never really thought Keeley was going to sign for us and I will be amazed if a new defender doesn’t get signed in early Jan to play in the middle of our back line.

ncfcog
15-12-2023, 10:20 PM
Don’t think there will be a new CB coming in unless one goes out. Same in the middle of the park as well.

Can definitely see a keeper coming in but would mean one of Sam or Stone going out on loan.

OP67
15-12-2023, 11:49 PM
Were we even interested in him or was it just rumours that we'd made a couple of bids?? I'm guessing we hadn't as he really doesn't sound that commited to football as a living. Not the sort of character we'd be looking at at all.

PedroTheFisherman66
16-12-2023, 08:07 AM
Who..? Now theres a player with ambition..!

drillerpie
16-12-2023, 09:05 AM
I think people might be going OTT on the character/ambition thing. In the interview posted he said he was interested in the move to Notts but his club rejected offers as they wanted to keep him for a relegation battle.

St Patrick's are a big team in Ireland aren't they? I think they play in Europe (preliminaries at least) so probably pay fairly decent money, he doesn't have to move country, and if he keeps on playing well he'll still get a good move in a couple of years.

No need to slag the guy off. He looks a decent player and probably would've been a decent addition, but we missed out due to circumstances beyond our control. It happens!