PDA

View Full Version : 📅Pre-Match Build-Up Thread: AFC Wimbledon 25.11.23 [EFL L2]

countygump
23-11-2023, 10:56 AM
https://youtu.be/FeTZevGCw1A

CheezyNCFC
23-11-2023, 11:24 AM
Sorry to hijack thread - Looking at their last league game they had 2 players sent off for 2nd yellow card offences (Huseyin Biler, right back and Omar Bugiel who needs no introduction) so I would assume they are both banned for our clash on Saturday?

Must confess I don't follow the Dons an awful lot so not sure how significant of a loss the aforementioned would be, you'd like to fancy Jodi Jones vs a 2nd choice right back though if that is the case.

Was also interested to see that both ex-Notts Jake Reeves and Lemonhiegh-Evans are currently playing for Wimbledon and they are managed by non other then Johnnie Jackson from the Munto era! Should add to the occasion for what I expect will be a very tough away fixture.

SongBird
23-11-2023, 11:41 AM
Yep, both suspended, also Leo Young too. Info from FA website.

SongBird
23-11-2023, 11:43 AM
Plus Baldwin, Adebayo and Macari according to FA site.

CheezyNCFC
23-11-2023, 11:47 AM
Interesting, thanks for that Songbird.

Not sure why Macari is suspended, he was on the bench vs Bradford and didn't get subbed on unless I'm missing something?

Rawlo (Macari?), Brindley and Cameron at the back for us then you'd have to assume.

ncfcog
23-11-2023, 12:25 PM
In the Game from last night had loads of Notts talk in it, you might even recognise one of the guests ;D

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p09x7ntn

OchPie
23-11-2023, 12:56 PM
Macari has an unserved B team suspension from years ago. He's eligible for the first team Saturday.

CheezyNCFC
23-11-2023, 01:08 PM
Makes sense thanks OchPie - I'd go with Macari, Brindley, Cameron in that case.

wiseoldmagpie
23-11-2023, 01:37 PM
Does anyone have a spare ticket for Saturday?

Thanks

SongBird
23-11-2023, 02:12 PM
Macari has an unserved B team suspension from years ago. He's eligible for the first team Saturday.

Thanks for clearing that up. Looking again it's from 2018, and non first team only. Odd he's hasn't served it but good news with Balders out.

Old_pie
23-11-2023, 02:30 PM
15 mins into an 18min interview before Wimbledon is mentioned and then only for 2 mins.

1955pie
23-11-2023, 05:24 PM
We don't want to do a "Barnsley"

i961pie
24-11-2023, 05:42 AM
Thanks for clearing that up. Looking again it's from 2018, and non first team only. Odd he's hasn't served it but good news with Balders out.

???? Rather miss Cameron than Baldwin.

the_anticlough
24-11-2023, 08:08 AM
LW sprung a surprise with Brindley over Macari last week

I'd expect an experienced back line of Brinds-Rawlo-KC tomorrow. Even if they've phased into being squad players now rather than automatic first choices, Brinds and Rawlo need to prove they're up to tough L2 games like this, playing in the 3. Everyone will back them to do so as they're great club servants

Macari did absolutely nothing wrong, but with Balders out I think we'll go with the experienced three. It'll be interesting. The rest of the team picks itself.

countygump
24-11-2023, 10:32 AM
https://youtu.be/p_a1bsmvp_Q

countygump
24-11-2023, 01:31 PM
https://youtu.be/-PbINV0p_IA

Kent Magpie
24-11-2023, 02:14 PM
He speaks well doesn't he? He's been my favourite player for a while.

Proactive not Reactive
24-11-2023, 02:29 PM
Top player, top man - Management beckons in the future when he hangs his boots up but like Don Masson who also read the game like JB think
he will do other stuff outside of the game.

SongBird
24-11-2023, 03:11 PM
???? Rather miss Cameron than Baldwin.

I meant it's good news Macari is available, not Baldwin being suspended. As others have said he may be on the bench but with Tobi out too he's a good sub.

You know Cameron will play, its not about him.

Proactive not Reactive
24-11-2023, 04:15 PM
LW sprung a surprise with Brindley over Macari last week

I'd expect an experienced back line of Brinds-Rawlo-KC tomorrow. Even if they've phased into being squad players now rather than automatic first choices, Brinds and Rawlo need to prove they're up to tough L2 games like this, playing in the 3. Everyone will back them to do so as they're great club servants

Macari did absolutely nothing wrong, but with Balders out I think we'll go with the experienced three. It'll be interesting. The rest of the team picks itself.

I think he will go for Rawlo for the extra heading ability over Macari with Baldwin being out - he might still go with Brindley central because of him being better on the ball as the pivot but needs Rawlo for set pieces but tbh the only permutation he won't play is Cameron on the right.

the_anticlough
24-11-2023, 04:56 PM
I think he will go for Rawlo for the extra heading ability over Macari with Baldwin being out - he might still go with Brindley central because of him being better on the ball as the pivot but needs Rawlo for set pieces but tbh the only permutation he won't play is Cameron on the right.

Brinds proved himself in the centre, but it's not as if he's going to launch attacks from there like Balders or that Rawlo can't play there as well. I think his most use to this squad would be being as good at RB as he was in his run at CB. He's 2 years younger than Rawlo and more nimble. I'm not sure it's a fair ask for Connell to play behind Nemane in all that space in a 3 in a tough L2 away game. Given who they are and their positional histories I do think it's fairer to ask and expect Brinds to do that harder RB job (centre is more of a hiding place where you don't get exposed as much).

Agree with you on the heading. Baldwin heads far more than he's given credit for and we need that covering by Rawlo, who's a bad leaper but willing header of the ball.

ncfcog
24-11-2023, 06:40 PM
Preview up https://www.ncs-news.co.uk/read/preview-l2-afc-wimbledon-a

matt_magpie
24-11-2023, 07:34 PM
He speaks well doesn't he? He's been my favourite player for a while.

He’s different gravy, I would say he’s our best player and probably by quite a margin.

Magpies1959
24-11-2023, 07:46 PM
When you have a player, or players, that have played at a higher level praising the way the club is run, you know things are going in the right direction, and as was said at the fans forum, by influential people at this club, this is the time to jump on the momentum wave.

countygump
25-11-2023, 09:35 AM
https://youtu.be/voETrmaKCe8

thefulltenyards
25-11-2023, 10:33 AM
Tough looking fixture but an intriguing one. Looks a proper test for both sides on a really cold but lovely sunny day.

Safe travels who have all left the comfort of home to travel down.

Will look forward to seeing plenty of pies in an Earlsfield pub