PDA

View Full Version : Absolute sickner - but the perfomance was great.

leftnutsack
25-11-2023, 06:30 PM
Let's face it - the timing of the goals today, and the results from Bournemouth and Luton make today sting the way it did.
But what a performance today!

Honestly thought we had it in the bag but I guess it was not to be today. But surely we all agree that today was a HUGE step in the right direction. Gotta take confidence from it!

malwayne
25-11-2023, 06:37 PM
We got beat by a p••s poor team, who for most of the game ,were second best. However,they were first best in scoring goals.
How was that a step in the right direction ? You are either a wind-up merchant or you know nothing about football.
Come back on here with something sensible in the future.

leftnutsack
25-11-2023, 06:42 PM
We got beat by a p••s poor team, who for most of the game ,were second best. However,they were first best in scoring goals.
How was that a step in the right direction ? You are either a wind-up merchant or you know nothing about football.
Come back on here with something sensible in the future.

I have been watching Burnley for nearly 70 years y, and, my opinion on todays game might be different to yours. But you dont seem to be able to handle me having a different opinion very well. I think it was a good performance and we were by far the better team. I think we play like that each week and we stay up.
That is my opinion - I am sorry if it hurts your feelings, but I am too long in the tooth to get into a toddlers argument about it on an internet chat room.

The Bedlington Terrier
25-11-2023, 06:43 PM
Just as I predicted we lost but thankfully not 3-0. :blue:

An understrength Wet Spam were still too good for us but we will pi$$ the Championship next season. XD

leftnutsack
25-11-2023, 06:45 PM
Just as I predicted we lost but thankfully not 3-0. :blue:

An understrength Wet Spam were still too good for us but we will pi$$ the Championship next season. XD

I know we lost, but do you think they were too good for us, or it just came down to bottling it after the own goal? I thought we were better than them.

kritichris
25-11-2023, 06:48 PM
I'm sorry LNS but until we start scoring goals in open play we are going nowhere but down, playing well isn't enough.

leftnutsack
25-11-2023, 06:50 PM
I'm sorry LNS but until we start scoring goals in open play we are going nowhere but down, playing well isn't enough.

I agree with that for sure. Something has to change up front for us, but i think we are starting to create more and more chances in our games. Maybe I am looking at it through rose tinted specs - but i just cannot see us playing like that every week and not putting 2 or 3 away in a few games.

lancaster100
25-11-2023, 06:54 PM
We simply have no heart or soul in the team. We lack total leadership and this manager has lost the plot. We have no spine goalkeeper has no presence, centre half’s are weak, and Jarod leading the line is a joke. The rest of the players we have spent lots of cash are not in the team. If this is our starting XI then we are down. VK is clueless our only player is Koleoshothe rest have no gonads to take the aggression to our opponents. USELESS

kritichris
25-11-2023, 06:54 PM
I agree with that for sure. Something has to change up front for us, but i think we are starting to create more and more chances in our games. Maybe I am looking at it through rose tinted specs - but i just cannot see us playing like that every week and not putting 2 or 3 away in a few games.

I admire your positivity which I had prior to this game but this one gutted me.

leftnutsack
25-11-2023, 06:55 PM
I admire your positivity which I had prior to this game but this one gutted me.

Yeah - the timing of the goals and the nature of the equalizer hurt. As well as the results in other games. The results and timings of the goals definitely create a perfect storm of gut wrenching frustration.

ClaretinBudapest
25-11-2023, 07:11 PM
Let's face it - the timing of the goals today, and the results from Bournemouth and Luton make today sting the way it did.
But what a performance today!

Honestly thought we had it in the bag but I guess it was not to be today. But surely we all agree that today was a HUGE step in the right direction. Gotta take confidence from it!

Yes good performance but if none of your players offer any goal threat you can play like that all season and never win.Lets be honest we were leading by a soft penalty and although we were the best team for the first 70 minutes, we never really troubled them.As soon as West Spam went down a goal we lost the plot and after the equaliser it was plain to see there was only going to be one winner.If we are hoping to stay in the PL with Jayrod leading the line then we are fecked.
By the way we were beaten today by one man Kudus-he ripped Charlie Taylor a new arse today.We had 4 players round him for the first goal but he still managed to get a cross in.What a player.

kritichris
25-11-2023, 07:13 PM
You're too empathetic and positive for this forum LNS, you're going to have to tone it down, a bit of pessimism and sarcasm is in order.

leftnutsack
25-11-2023, 07:28 PM
You're too empathetic and positive for this forum LNS, you're going to have to tone it down, a bit of pessimism and sarcasm is in order.

:-)
Well - next week we beat sheffield utd, and Luton and bournemouth have diffcult games - lets hope we are all feeling positive after that round of games.

kritichris
25-11-2023, 07:40 PM
I don't set my sights too high, exceeding 11 points in a season is my current ambition.

outwoodclaret
25-11-2023, 07:47 PM
At the moment I am not even confident we will beat Sheffield Utd. 2-3 or not two-three as the Upstart Crow might venture for his match day prediction. Another Saturday ruined and I can’t even blame VAR. These are bleak times but recovery from this nightmare run will be so much the sweeter.

kritichris
25-11-2023, 08:05 PM
These are bleak times but recovery from this nightmare run will be so much the sweeter.

I see LNS's positivity is affecting you sir outwood

WillPark
25-11-2023, 08:23 PM
The penalty was soft, but we got it because we should have had one in the first half right? I think both VAR and on field ref had a look at that again at halftime and saw they got it wrong and decided they would try to correct the error if possible.

kritichris
25-11-2023, 08:25 PM
ClaretinBudapest
25-11-2023, 08:28 PM
The penalty was soft, but we got it because we should have had one in the first half right? I think both VAR and on field ref had a look at that again at halftime and saw they got it wrong and decided they would try to correct the error if possible.

That is true Will-the first half shout for a penalty looked far more like a penalty.However even though we dominated the first 70 minutes, we never actually had any clear cut chances.We are useless in the final third.Jayrod, bless him, is in his twilight years as a footballer and cannot be expected to lead the line.

Tap in MN
25-11-2023, 08:31 PM
I don't set my sights too high, exceeding 11 points in a season is my current ambition.

At the beginning of the season I was dumb enough to suggest that Luton would do well to get 11pts. I take it all back. Why are Keleosho (19) and Amoudini (24) substituted ? It puts us totally on the defensive at a time when we need an out. I agree CIB, how can a 4v1 in our favour situation lead to their goal, it's ridiculous. Welcome LNS I hope you are right but recovering from today is going to be very difficult especially when we don't really have a leader on the field.

lancaster100
25-11-2023, 10:09 PM
I am going to say this again. VK is not a good manager, he seems top believe that the players should be able to play like he did. A good manager would be able to see that they cannot play like VK did and would change things around and give others opportunities and play with a bit more aggression and toughness. Instead he continues to allow the team to play as they are doing whereby the defence is so poor it is ridiculous, our front man is completely knackered and to old if he had any credibility Jrod should be telling VK he cannot hack it. There many of our current signings not in or around the squad either not good enough or injured including any with mental illness) what manager would allow a 5 year contract to be signed knowing the mental state of LF it looks like VK has the mental illness. As for the goalkeeper it is quite obvious he has no presence whatsoever causing mayhem in the defence. Long past it seems our goalkeepers would come and claim or clean out players in the area. He is far too young for the position, he may become a good keeper but I suspect it will not be with us. We need to look at the honesty of the performance that sys to me - if we didnt get a penalty we would never have scored. We should rename this team Burnley the Spineless. VK has been fishing in the wrong pool and got the wrong players for this team he is simply crusifying these young players. TIME TO GO

ballcock
25-11-2023, 10:45 PM
Couldn't see any hope for optimisum from todays match, as we are lacklustre, weak and poor in all areas.
Time for a change in strategy and management, has this so called project everyone talks about isn't working

army88
25-11-2023, 10:54 PM
At the beginning of the season I was dumb enough to suggest that Luton would do well to get 11pts. I take it all back. Why are Keleosho (19) and Amoudini (24) substituted ? It puts us totally on the defensive at a time when we need an out. I agree CIB, how can a 4v1 in our favour situation lead to their goal, it's ridiculous. Welcome LNS I hope you are right but recovering from today is going to be very difficult especially when we don't really have a leader on the field.

All these points good Tap

If I was really honest though today VK got it wrong more than the team.

Amdouni amd koleosho had their back line and midfield on high alert and once our manager removed them we simply invited West Ham onto and gave players like ward prowse time and space to ping passes and feed their forwards.
The wide man was a handful but we had 3 players with him and a chance to stop - bring him down - we didn’t and got punished for it.

The second similar scenario except Vitinho is asleep.

I posted last home game that yes we improved and we did today but we play all of our football in front of their back 4 it’s so easy for teams - we’ve spent millions on wide players and persist with JBG ( sounds like I’m a hater ) I’m not but if our wide men are no better than him I’m dumbfounded. I’m afraid I’m the same opinion on jay rod like Ings for them he’s past the twilight of his career

What was really apparent to me today and was alluded to on another post was we don’t have a nasty horrible ******* amongst us - we really are too nice.

I’ve also posted before at ANY LEVEL of football if you allow balls to be played into the box without contending them you will concede goals - it shouldn’t really need us on here to point that out .

Overall though the only threat we had was removed and it cost us the game.

On a positive note Ramsay looked decent band Berger improved again

ClaretinBudapest
26-11-2023, 08:26 AM
All these points good Tap

If I was really honest though today VK got it wrong more than the team.

Amdouni amd koleosho had their back line and midfield on high alert and once our manager removed them we simply invited West Ham onto and gave players like ward prowse time and space to ping passes and feed their forwards.
The wide man was a handful but we had 3 players with him and a chance to stop - bring him down - we didn’t and got punished for it.

The second similar scenario except Vitinho is asleep.

I posted last home game that yes we improved and we did today but we play all of our football in front of their back 4 it’s so easy for teams - we’ve spent millions on wide players and persist with JBG ( sounds like I’m a hater ) I’m not but if our wide men are no better than him I’m dumbfounded. I’m afraid I’m the same opinion on jay rod like Ings for them he’s past the twilight of his career

What was really apparent to me today and was alluded to on another post was we don’t have a nasty horrible ******* amongst us - we really are too nice.

I’ve also posted before at ANY LEVEL of football if you allow balls to be played into the box without contending them you will concede goals - it shouldn’t really need us on here to point that out .

Overall though the only threat we had was removed and it cost us the game.

On a positive note Ramsay looked decent band Berger improved again

I thought Berger was a real handful Army and a bit more agressive with it.Ramsay has nice touches but again just seems a bit lightweight.

sinkov
26-11-2023, 09:46 AM
Last chance saloon coming up, beat the Blades and there's a bit of light at the end of the tunnel, if we don't we are well and truly fecked.

The Bedlington Terrier
26-11-2023, 10:05 AM
Couldn't see any hope for optimisum from todays match, as we are lacklustre, weak and poor in all areas.
Time for a change in strategy and management, has this so called project everyone talks about isn't working

Honestly ballcock were you at the same game as me?

The lads showed grit and determination all afternoon epitomised by JayRod's endeavours. At the end they were outplayed and outmuscled when VK should perhaps have gone with Redmond and Larsen as substitutes to bolster the wide areas from where Wet Spam undid us.

Another cause for optimism, I thought young Ramsey looked the real deal to me when he came on.

sinkov
26-11-2023, 10:21 AM
Honestly ballcock were you at the same game as me?

The lads showed grit and determination all afternoon epitomised by JayRod's endeavours. At the end they were outplayed and outmuscled when VK should perhaps have gone with Redmond and Larsen as substitutes to bolster the wide areas from where Wet Spam undid us.

Another cause for optimism, I thought young Ramsey looked the real deal to me when he came on.

You watch them mon ami, you know the time of day, IF IF IF we beat Sheffield United, could it spark a revival ?

The Bedlington Terrier
26-11-2023, 10:30 AM
Quite honestly mon ami I think the Blades will do us. All they have to do is press our back four and intimidate young Jimmy and they are built and constructed for such endeavours.

We are ******* as far as this season is concerned but next season will allow us to refocus in the Championship.

Some of our play yesterday was really superb but like army88 constantly alludes to, the team has no spine.

Muric, Cork and Bashley gave it us last season, Pope, Mee & Tarkowski the season before.

Trafford, O'Shea and Cullen are not the answer to our current malaise.

I'd love to have a brew with Mike Jackson and see what he really thinks. :confused:

ClaretinBudapest
26-11-2023, 11:35 AM
Quite honestly mon ami I think the Blades will do us. All they have to do is press our back four and intimidate young Jimmy and they are built and constructed for such endeavours.

We are ******* as far as this season is concerned but next season will allow us to refocus in the Championship.

Some of our play yesterday was really superb but like army88 constantly alludes to, the team has no spine.

Muric, Cork and Bashley gave it us last season, Pope, Mee & Tarkowski the season before.

Trafford, O'Shea and Cullen are not the answer to our current malaise.

I'd love to have a brew with Mike Jackson and see what he really thinks. :confused:

They will all do a job in the Championship.My reasoning is we were the only promoted club that was built on loanees.Luton and the Blades owned most of their players and mostly they are still with them.This is a result of just how deep a hole we were in at the beginning of last season.Garlick well and truly fecked the club for his personal gain.The fact we were promoted was a miracle in itself and we should recognise that.Add to that another massive change when all the loanees went back and we brought in a team of young unproven players into the best league in the world and it really is not a surprise that we appear often disjointed and not on the same page.
I am convinced however that with Vinnie they will continue to improve as was seen yesterday and I feel a win is just around the corner if somebody can step up and start scoring.If you take this perspective then the cards were stacked against us from day one in the PL.A relegation would not be the disater people on here think-in fact it could be what these young players need in order to mature and strengthen.