PDA

View Full Version : Player ratings v Crawley

Elite_Pie
29-11-2023, 11:02 AM
Sincere apologies to laddo for not doing this when he wanted, but I didn't get back until 10:30 and had a couple of things to do.

Here's what I thought:

Slocombe 4 - memories of the first few minutes at Wembley, he just didn't seem with it.
Macari 6 - unconvincing early, got better as the game progressed.
Baldwin 7 - a couple of dodgy moments but the pick of the back three.
Cameron 6.5 - not rock solid but did ok and got forward well.
Nemane 6 - really mixed, some good moments and some bad.
Austin 5 - has ability but he's struggling to contribute in his current role.
O'Brien 7 - battled well and a great run to lose his maker and put us ahead.
Crowley 6.5 - poor first half by his high standards but came alive in the second.
Jones 8* - caused them problems all night, put in a stream of dangerous crosses. The audible gasp from the stands when he pulled up late on shows how much we value him.
McGoldrick 8 - a class above this level, hope his knock is a minor one.
Langstaff 7.5 - no goals, but all over the pitch and a masterclass in defending from the front.

Stone 6.5 - couple of decent saves, kicking a bit mixed.
Morias 7 - chased well, great to see him on the scoresheet.
Bostock 7 - gave us a bit of stability in midfield.
Chicksen 6 - did alright in an unfamiliar position.
Randall 5 - still waiting to see what he offers.

I think this game showed how much we miss Palmer. He sees loads of the ball and barely wastes a pass so we dominate possession more, and he constantly harries opponents. Last night we were far too easy to play through in midfield. Hopefully Gosling will be up to speed soon because Sam Austin isn't the solution. Thankfully we have some real quality in the attacking positions, and that's what earned us the points.

jacobncfc
29-11-2023, 11:26 AM
Sincere apologies to laddo for not doing this when he wanted, but I didn't get back until 10:30 and had a couple of things to do.

Here's what I thought:

Slocombe 4 - memories of the first few minutes at Wembley, he just didn't seem with it.
Crowley 6.5 - poor first half by his high standards but came alive in the second.
Jones 8* - caused them problems all night, put in a stream of dangerous crosses. The audible gasp from the stands when he pulled up late on shows how much we value him.
Langstaff 7.5 - no goals, but all over the pitch and a masterclass in defending from the front.

I think this game showed how much we miss Palmer. He sees loads of the ball and barely wastes a pass so we dominate possession more, and he constantly harries opponents. Last night we were far too easy to play through in midfield. Hopefully Gosling will be up to speed soon because Sam Austin isn't the solution. Thankfully we have some real quality in the attacking positions, and that's what earned us the points.

Agree with all of these apart from Crowley, who I would bump up to an eight and probably give man of the match. Quiet first half but I thought he was the decisive player in the second, pressing was superb and laid on two goals. Very unlucky not to score as well with two great blocks on the line from his efforts. Randall probably worth a six as well, deserved an assist for a great cross that Morias somehow didn't score from.

durhampie
29-11-2023, 12:49 PM

Here's what I thought:

I will go with that, although i thought Macari played well. I was disappointed with Nemane, he just didnt seem to want to take his man on...

Rainbowpie
29-11-2023, 12:51 PM

Here's what I thought:

Spot on assessment. Can't disagree with anything

thefulltenyards
29-11-2023, 01:13 PM
Those ratings are pretty much how I saw the game. Crowley's second half performance and impact warrants at least a 7 for me, deserved a goal. He was very quiet in the first half at Wimbledon but effective throughout the second, in a supporting role for Nemane.

Talking of Nemane, took on his man last Saturday time and time again (similar to his Wembley performance) and was excellent in the second half and our biggest threat. That was not the case last night where he was far more hesitant, but definitely still worth a 6.

Baldwin the best of the defenders which is common. Austin poor clearly playing out of position and his effectiveness drops as a result, so that is more on Williams. O'Brien much better than in the last game and I put that down mainly to the standard of the opposition to be honest. As stated on the match thread I gave man of the match to Jodi Jones, Jones. Also special mention to McGoldrick who oozes quality against average opposition and Langstaff's work rate outstanding both put in 7.5/10 performances.

Overall some good, some bad and a pleasing goal for Junior.

BigFatPie
29-11-2023, 01:24 PM
I will go with that, although i thought Macari played well. I was disappointed with Nemane, he just didnt seem to want to take his man on...

Other than when he turned his man, got rugby tackled, and won the free kick from which we scored.

You must live in a state of constant disappointment.

durhampie
29-11-2023, 02:01 PM
One pass doesn't constitute having a good game. Like others have said, he was not at his best...

Proactive not Reactive
29-11-2023, 02:07 PM

Here's what I thought:

Very close to my ratings, with JOB and especially Sam it turns into a basketball game but when JB came on he slowed it down and brought some quality.
Interesting when Chicksen came on I thought we would go to a back 4 and was surprised he went into the middle of the park but thought he did okay he is a fit lad and as a more defensive mindset than Sam so maybe will see him getting a few minutes in that role over the coming weeks when giving JOB or JB resting time although hopefully Gosling can share some of the load.
It will be an interesting line up on Friday that's for sure

applepie2
29-11-2023, 02:31 PM
Thanks thefulltenyards, it’s always good to see your corrections of other people’s judgements. And I’m delighted that you rate Jodi Jones, Jones as “so good that you surnamed him twice”!

thefulltenyards
29-11-2023, 02:40 PM
Not so much corrections rather minor amendments. The match ratings were so similar to my judgement it seemed the best approach as per jacobncfc.

As for Jodi Jones, Jones, you my have noticed at matches that is his song. But you are right he is that good, just like New York New York, he's fully deserving of repetition.

1955pie
29-11-2023, 03:56 PM
Very close to my ratings, with JOB and especially Sam it turns into a basketball game but when JB came on he slowed it down and brought some quality.
Interesting when Chicksen came on I thought we would go to a back 4 and was surprised he went into the middle of the park but thought he did okay he is a fit lad and as a more defensive mindset than Sam so maybe will see him getting a few minutes in that role over the coming weeks when giving JOB or JB resting time although hopefully Gosling can share some of the load.
I suspect that Gosling might get a starting place on Friday, having put a full training session in on Tuesday ( as per LW).
Possibly Tipton alongside him with Randall and Morias getting starts also.
That's my guess anyway.
I think LW would like to win this one because besides the £67.5k prize money there is that possibility of a big tie to follow.

matt_magpie
29-11-2023, 04:04 PM

There’s no doubt Nemanes finding this level a bit more challenging, probably because they’re fitter and stronger.
It’s difficult for him as he is quick but he hasn’t the strength but he’s extremely effective at timing his runs onto the balls around the corner and at least this season we have JJ in full flow to take some of the pressure off him. Its clear now we’re seeing JJ fully fit and for me this guy is L1 standard at least.

ncfcog
29-11-2023, 04:31 PM
There’s no doubt Nemanes finding this level a bit more challenging, probably because they’re fitter and stronger.
It’s difficult for him as he is quick but he hasn’t the strength but he’s extremely effective at timing his runs onto the balls around the corner and at least this season we have JJ in full flow to take some of the pressure off him. Its clear now we’re seeing JJ fully fit and for me this guy is L1 standard at least.

JJ is fast becoming my current favourite Notts player, just love to see him in full flow.

i961pie
29-11-2023, 05:33 PM
One pass doesn't constitute having a good game. Like others have said, he was not at his best...

He also put in some decent crosses in the first half.

BigFatPie
29-11-2023, 05:38 PM
He also put in some decent crosses in the first half.

He did. One of Crawley’s main tactics seemed to be pulling/ holding Macca to stop him from getting to any of them. And I’m pretty sure that’s why Morias didn’t score from Randall’s cross.

jacobncfc
29-11-2023, 06:07 PM
I suspect that Gosling might get a starting place on Friday, having put a full training session in on Tuesday ( as per LW).
That's my guess anyway.
I think LW would like to win this one because besides the £67.5k prize money there is that possibility of a big tie to follow.

Got to assume Bostock will start on Friday having been rested for Crawley and no game next midweek. Agree it could well be Gosling alongside him.

maddogslater
29-11-2023, 06:24 PM
Basketball game ! You like using Luke's lines don't you.
Do you shave your head, wear a false beard and zip up cardigan then stand in front of a mirror to practise ?

BanjoPie
29-11-2023, 07:06 PM
Do you shave your head, wear a false beard and zip up cardigan then stand in front of a mirror to practise ?

Absolutely no need for it!

Proactive not Reactive
29-11-2023, 07:37 PM
That's my guess anyway.

I would agree with 3 out of the 4 but not sure about Tipton think he will be on the bench.
After Friday we have over a week until Walsall
Think Tobi will start him and Randall wing backs

Proactive not Reactive
29-11-2023, 07:39 PM
Rude !! Used it before LW was born 😜or was it a tennis match