PDA

View Full Version : JJ Watts Statement....

CornholmeClaret
30-11-2023, 01:16 PM
I can't help but think is a little foolish... At least in part. I don't know how he can claim to be so 'categoric' about VK 'definitely' staying when we are already at 7 defeats on the spin?

How many defeats do you potentially let it go to? 8/9/10?? Before it isn't soo categoric. There has to be a line surely?

The Bedlington Terrier
30-11-2023, 01:17 PM
Do you have a link C_C?

CornholmeClaret
30-11-2023, 01:19 PM
https://www.burnleyexpress.net/sport/football/jj-watt-makes-emphatic-statement-about-vincent-kompanys-burnley-future-after-devastating-west-ham-defeat-4428185

I'm just making the point that there has too be a line surely? And presuming there is, no-one including JJ Watt whether he is a shareholder or not, can claim something like that.

Turf_Forever
30-11-2023, 02:00 PM
I think Pace is probably willing to let it go a lot further than this anyway. Long term project...

sinkov
30-11-2023, 02:34 PM
Just confirms my thinking really, I cannot make any sense of our summer window, except in the context that Vinni was told to forget about survival, and just sign players for the longer term, players we could improve and sell on at a profit.

In which case an owner cannot and will not sack a manager who has simply complied with the owner's wishes. JJ is very close to Mr Pace, he knows what the long term plan is, and he knows that Vinni is very much part of those plans. Imo he is in no danger whatsoever of being sacked.

Turf_Forever
30-11-2023, 02:53 PM
We wouldn't be attracting half these young talents without VK, so he seems fundamental to the business plan. Buy young talent, develop, hopefully benefit on the pitch from them becoming good, sell for profit.

Benefit on the pitch and players improving probably go hand-in-hand. For me the line may come if none of these talents develop into profitable assets, cos then the business plan fails...

The Bedlington Terrier
30-11-2023, 03:16 PM
We wouldn't be attracting half these young talents without VK, so he seems fundamental to the business plan. Buy young talent, develop, hopefully benefit on the pitch from them becoming good, sell for profit.

Benefit on the pitch and players improving probably go hand-in-hand. For me the line may come if none of these talents develop into profitable assets, cos then the business plan fails...

Having watched the likes of Amdouni, Zaroury, Al-Dakhil, Koleosho, Ramsey, Beyer and Ekdal from the get-go their value is on the rise already. Monetary value of these players is not the problem, grabbing some points is.

alfinyalcabo
30-11-2023, 08:53 PM
I'm with VK whatever happens this season.

sinkov
30-11-2023, 09:13 PM

Me and you both Alfie, we can be relied upon, the voices of reason, an oasis of sanity in a desert of madness. ;D

Supersub6
30-11-2023, 10:03 PM
I'm with alf and sinkov, there is nothing to be gained by abandoning a plan in the second year when it is obvious that it needs to be given the chance to achieve fruition.
Every game that we play this season is very much a part of the learning curve for all concerned, including the management team.
Keep working towards the goal and, as long as everyone involved keeps pulling in the same direction, there is every chance that the plan will succeed.
The only problem will be the fickle fans, however, remember that the core of Burnley fans is approximately 11 to 12 thousand so that means that half of the current number will be pulling against things whilst the others will be giving it a good chance.

kritichris
30-11-2023, 10:24 PM
an oasis of sanity in a desert of madness. ;D

I like that sinky, especially as we are on Clarets Mad.

The Bedlington Terrier
01-12-2023, 01:39 AM
I'm with alf and sinkov, there is nothing to be gained by abandoning a plan in the second year when it is obvious that it needs to be given the chance to achieve fruition.
Every game that we play this season is very much a part of the learning curve for all concerned, including the management team.
Keep working towards the goal and, as long as everyone involved keeps pulling in the same direction, there is every chance that the plan will succeed.
The only problem will be the fickle fans, however, remember that the core of Burnley fans is approximately 11 to 12 thousand so that means that half of the current number will be pulling against things whilst the others will be giving it a good chance.

From years of experience following the Clarets home and away I find our lot will always back the team if they feel 100% is being given on the pitch. "Minimum requirement - 100% effort" - who said that? B)

ClaretinBudapest
01-12-2023, 06:16 AM

I see progress on the pitch and I think the real spanner in the works was Foster.If he was playing we would have more points on the board.I would stick with VK as he is clearly a good coach and has bought into the fabric of BFC.It would be foolish to dismiss him.

kritichris
01-12-2023, 11:50 AM
Goalkeepers aside a good team shouldn't depend on one player, others should be scoring goals.

ClaretinBudapest
01-12-2023, 06:24 PM
Goalkeepers aside a good team shouldn't depend on one player, others should be scoring goals.

That was the mantra last season Chris.We seemed to have goalscorers in every position.Unfortunately the people who were most prolific last year were loanees who for whatever reason were not signed by the club or like Benson cannot get on the pitch to score.Fast forward 12 months and one league higher and I personally cannot see where the goals will come from.Funny old game football.