PDA

View Full Version : Michael Owen - Simon Jordan Podcast

GBruno
01-12-2023, 11:32 PM
Just listened to Owen being interviewed by Simon Jordan. I thought he came across quite well. He explained his Newcastle time well and was very honest.

Well worth with a listen.
These Simon Jordan podcasts are real good.

MidsMagpie
02-12-2023, 08:55 AM
Before his broken foot at spurs he was playing great and scoring goals but sadly that broken foot ruined it all.

Scott Kirkland
02-12-2023, 12:39 PM
Don't know how we got relegated with a front three of
Mark Viduka, Obafemi Martins and Michael Owen

Guybrush
02-12-2023, 01:41 PM
From what I remember, and I’m probably remembering wrong XD…

Viduka was overweight
Martins was in his mid 50s
And Owen saved himself for England (goals: games was pretty decent, but he disappeared when we needed him most that season)

Zippity
02-12-2023, 01:50 PM
From what I remember, and I’m probably remembering wrong XD…

Viduka was overweight
Martins was in his mid 50s
And Owen saved himself for England (goals: games was pretty decent, but he disappeared when we needed him most that season)

Exactly this.

Viduka was class but rarely arsed and defiinitely lardy
Martins was similar to Loic Remy-occasionally brilliant but often anonymous
Owen is a selfish, greedy little****

GBruno
02-12-2023, 01:56 PM
He claims in the podcast he was just constantly injured for Newcastle.

It’s real interesting. Give it a listen.

I listen to all podcasts on double speed. Saves loads of time

Zippity
02-12-2023, 02:20 PM
With that ****ehawk, 'injured' often needs to ne in inverted commas.

Saving himself for England and for his next move and sod the club that paid his wages.

HughieG
02-12-2023, 03:07 PM
Michael Owen was one of the reasons why I started supporting the club. I ended up supporting the club in spite of him.

Sclox
02-12-2023, 04:12 PM
Could have been a legend. I believed in him when arrived and to be fair did OK in patches, but yeah injury did for him. I reckon he was over used at Liverpool at a young age and they were the ones that ruined him.

That said attitude counts a lot with me and it clearly sucked at the end. He didn't want to play for us anymore and eventually sold his soul going to Manchester not just with us but Liverpool too.

GBruno
02-12-2023, 04:18 PM
He said he had a bad hamstring tear at Liverpool or for England. He said in those days they never used to reattach it so for the rest of his career he had three operational hamstrings in one leg and only two in the other. So he was out of balance ever after which led to more injuries.

He said these days they reattach the hamstring and he would have likely payed double the amount of games he did.

ex_pat_magpie
02-12-2023, 04:22 PM
Exactly this.

Viduka was class but rarely arsed and defiinitely lardy
Martins was similar to Loic Remy-occasionally brilliant but often anonymous
Owen is a selfish, greedy little****

You are particularly being a bit over polite about Owen, Zip. I could find worse names to call him. B)