PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen v Kilmarnock

swaddon2
03-12-2023, 09:29 PM
The games are coming thick and fast for the Dons, with Derek McInnes's Kilmarnock coming up on Wednesday night for a 7:45pm kick-off.

Hopefully it will be a long and dark trip back to Ayrshire for them, with nothing to show for it.

TheDeeDon
04-12-2023, 12:17 PM
Well they soundly beat us in their patch not too long ago and we know McInnes will have them lined up to frustrate the f*ck out of us on Wednesday night and hit us on the counter.

Robson needs to drop Ruby from the 11 and try MacDonald in his place, at the very least for Wednesday.

In
South Stand
Work
Hame

2-1 - Miovski and Duk (his to be Kennedy or Watkins scoring for them)

Not looking forward to it in the slightest.

blowupsheep
05-12-2023, 09:06 AM
0 - 0

neilthedon
05-12-2023, 11:16 AM
0 - 0

We`re going to win this one. Actual score obviously depends on making & taking chances ( duh !! )

Be very interested to see how Robson shuffles the pack again for this one.

I suspect Barron starts and Clarkson is on bench . For first half at least.

Polvaro starts too I reckon. does that mean resting McGrath ?

He`ll still play Shinnie , won`t he ? No matter what ......

McDonald should get the start ahead of Rubi. ( Heck even put Milne back in there instead of Rubi. He wants a rest !! )

Oh what do I know ?!! COYR.

PittodriePile
05-12-2023, 02:08 PM
I read somewhere that Ruby is suspended for this one, could make McDonalds entry back in to the starting line up easier (if true).

GASC1980
05-12-2023, 07:54 PM
I thought it was Livvy at home he was suspended for but I'm probably wrong on that.

LED
05-12-2023, 09:27 PM
A little bit off topic but does anybody know when the scumdee away tickets go on sale?

NaeMairNeeps
05-12-2023, 11:15 PM
I read somewhere that Ruby is suspended for this one, could make McDonalds entry back in to the starting line up easier (if true).

Ah checked following my 'fingers crossed' post .... he has 5 yellows ... needs another tae get a suspension, and it would be enforceable 14 days efter issue .... unless he has been charged wi' violent conduct or the likes? ... or if the info Ah found is wrang? ... surely nae - it was fae SFA site ... unless, the yellow he got at the Hibs game hidna yet been added?
Ah'll check again ;)

EDIT: .... Aye, looks like the stat wisna updated ... he has 6 yellows ... so suspension due. Unfortunately, he'll be eligible for the cup final :(

.... dinna get ma wrang, Ah've nithin against the guy, and admire his passion an' commitment ... but Ah'd rether he stepped aside in favour o' MacDonald until he gets that bombscare aspect coached tae fk oot o' him.

Don Julio
06-12-2023, 05:24 PM
Just noticed that Killie have exactly the same sequence of results as us over their last 5 games - LWLDL. Does that mean we're evenly matched?

Hope to goodness we put a few past them and looking forward to seeing what happens without Ruby.

swaddon2
06-12-2023, 05:52 PM
For some reason, I'm very optimistic about this game. I fancy us to win 3-0, with the performance of the season.

TheDeeDon
06-12-2023, 06:38 PM
Can't get along tonight now, so expect us to thump Killie now.

Just noticed Gary McKay Stevens has signed a short term deal with them. The fud better nae score for them.

NaeMairNeeps
06-12-2023, 07:19 PM
Line up:
Roos, Devlin, Gartenmann, Macdonald, Jensen, Hayes, Clarkson, Shinnie, McGrath, Duk, Miovski.

Substitutes: Doohan, Barron, McGarry, Sokler, Morris, Polvara, Duncan, Milne, Rubezic.

..... Yass ... MacDonald starts!

NaeMairNeeps
06-12-2023, 08:25 PM
Ach ... thought it was 1-0 there :(

irnbru1903
06-12-2023, 08:34 PM
Well that was an unexpectedly poor quality half of football. No wonder the place sounds like a morgue.

neilthedon
06-12-2023, 08:35 PM
Well, seems like some folk slaughtering us for this half. NAA, we're playing a McInnes side. He drags it all down ?

Reckon Barron on for Shinnie might be useful in second half. Need more forward creativity from there.

Dare I say it , this Ref is new one to me. Decent ......so far ?

Jormungand
06-12-2023, 08:41 PM
No neutral would watch this for more than 2 minutes, but we've played worse this season. Scrappy 1-0 win coming up, but for which side?

neilthedon
06-12-2023, 08:42 PM
No neutral would watch this for more than 2 minutes, but we've played worse this season. Scrappy 1-0 win coming up, but for which side?

Naahhg. First goal, the floodgates FIVE- nul !!!! COYR !!!!

Jormungand
06-12-2023, 08:44 PM
All right, love the optimism min. Tenner on 3 goals it is!

Jormungand
06-12-2023, 08:47 PM
Thinking the Pittodrie DJ needs to update the tunes a wee bit - sure Red Hot Chili Peppers gets played every game!

neilthedon
06-12-2023, 08:59 PM
All right, love the optimism min. Tenner on 3 goals it is!

That's the spirit. COYR !!!!!

neilthedon
06-12-2023, 09:02 PM
Actually we need to steamroller them in the middle. So Polvaro, Barron and Milne on ......and just take Shinnie off......

irnbru1903
06-12-2023, 09:15 PM
Actually we need to steamroller them in the middle. So Polvaro, Barron and Milne on ......and just take Shinnie off......

And yet our manager does sweet fa

Br0chred
06-12-2023, 09:17 PM
I only have audio - which is Rob McLean so he obviously makes it worse - but this is awful. No point playing 2 up if you have no wide players to deliver chances. All we have is stuff through the middle playing up against a back 5 is asking for failure

pieandbovrilman
06-12-2023, 09:21 PM
I only have audio - which is Rob McLean so he obviously makes it worse
I canna listen to that bam.

Jupiter
06-12-2023, 09:22 PM
FFS he's put Morris on, that guy can't actually play football.

Br0chred
06-12-2023, 09:23 PM
I canna listen to that bam.

He is dreadful, I've asked the club to get rid. Unfortunately, I've no other option the nicht

Br0chred
06-12-2023, 09:25 PM
Hayes taking a corner. I had absolutly no confidence anything would come of that. It wasn't misplaced

Jupiter
06-12-2023, 09:28 PM
Kilmarnock are going to win this in the 94th minute aren't they?

Br0chred
06-12-2023, 09:31 PM

Possibly but they are equally inept

KincorthDon
06-12-2023, 09:34 PM
To be fair to Morris he has actually driven us forward since he came on- still no final ball but he at least showed a sense of urgency

KincorthDon
06-12-2023, 09:34 PM
92nd

irnbru1903
06-12-2023, 09:35 PM
Right just get the c nt gone right now

Jupiter
06-12-2023, 09:36 PM
told you (near enough)

Br0chred
06-12-2023, 09:37 PM

Couldn't have been more wrong it was the 92nd minute

pieandbovrilman
06-12-2023, 09:37 PM
He is dreadful, I've asked the club to get rid. Unfortunately, I've no other option the nicht

I dread to think how much he is being paid for his insightful punditry.

vasilyrats86
06-12-2023, 09:38 PM
Right just get the c nt gone right now

Totally agree get Mowbray in for the Hertz game

pieandbovrilman
06-12-2023, 09:38 PM
Bugger off.

pieandbovrilman
06-12-2023, 09:39 PM
Still time to get a new manager bounce for the cup final?

Jormungand
06-12-2023, 09:40 PM
Pain

Br0chred
06-12-2023, 09:42 PM
FFS for about 4 years Kennedy couldn't cross a ba, he plays 10 minutes the night and provides one

pieandbovrilman
06-12-2023, 09:44 PM
FFS for about 4 years Kennedy couldn't cross a ba, he plays 10 minutes the night and provides one

What gem did Rob come out with for the goal, I’m sure there were some useful stats thrown in for encouragement.

irnbru1903
06-12-2023, 09:44 PM
Only one place further to fall to reach Robson's dream position for us. I honestly couldn't give a monkeys about the cup now. This has to end.

NaeMairNeeps
06-12-2023, 09:45 PM
St Johnstone have scored. we're now 11th.

Shetland Don
06-12-2023, 09:46 PM
So, complete and utter MINCE performance AND result tonight. Zero entertainment too. Hearts will doubtless win on Saturday too. Sick of those sh***!!

Shetland Don
06-12-2023, 09:49 PM
We are now second bottom too as St J have won! One game away from bottom FFS!

vasilyrats86
06-12-2023, 09:51 PM
Get someone in with experience no rookies, no caretakers. Get a bounce for the final because this ain't happening with the current set up.

Totally overhauled the squad and brought in players that ain't up to the task. Time for change...again.

Challenger Brand Failure

The_Moog
06-12-2023, 10:32 PM
Anyone remotely surprised by that?

No, thought not.

That shower of losers aren’t worth getting stressed about, so some positives:

Another nail in the Robson clown show coffin, so the only remaining question - given Darvel isn’t considered a sacking offence at AFC - is how many more nails are needed?

When players show that little pride and effort, the managers a dead man walking so tick, tock - over to you Dave.

Its a very low bar granted, but at least MacDonald showed he’s clearly a far better all round defender than that other clown show Rubezic, so that should be it. Hopefully we’ll soon see the back of that disaster zone too.

I got offered a free ticket which I politely declined as I fully expected the absolute shïtfest we got - right decision again.

Oh well, we go again eh… 🙄

TheDeeDon
06-12-2023, 10:33 PM
We're not getting results or performances and it can't all be down to fatigue from playing too many games.

I can't see anything other than us having a fifth manager in three years.

Knowing our luck, we'll ditch Robson and end up with the boy from Motherwell.

The_Moog
06-12-2023, 10:38 PM
Fatigue is such a tedious, predictable & shït excuse - he’s a drowning man with absolutely no idea how to save himself or his team…

irnbru1903
06-12-2023, 10:44 PM
Once a manager has lost the fanbase there is no coming back. Waiting any longer is just delaying the inevitable. Cormack must now know he is incapable of running a football club so will shy away from doing what has to be done and just stick his head in the sand. So it goes on.

rico94
06-12-2023, 10:58 PM
Anyone remotely surprised by that?

No, thought not.

That shower of losers aren’t worth getting stressed about, so some positives:

Another nail in the Robson clown show coffin, so the only remaining question - given Darvel isn’t considered a sacking offence at AFC - is how many more nails are needed?

When players show that little pride and effort, the managers a dead man walking so tick, tock - over to you Dave.

Its a very low bar granted, but at least MacDonald showed he’s clearly a far better all round defender than that other clown show Rubezic, so that should be it. Hopefully we’ll soon see the back of that disaster zone too.

I got offered a free ticket which I politely declined as I fully expected the absolute shïtfest we got - right decision again.

Oh well, we go again eh… 🙄

Were you at the game tonight moog?

MacDonald gave the ball away twice in the first 10 minutes and was laughing the second time he did it.

He’s not the same player without Pollock and Scales.Far too laid back to be a good defender.

erchieplum
06-12-2023, 11:05 PM

Not sure why he was giving it billy bigbaws to the fans rather than just celebrating the goal .
I am normally quite relaxed about former players coming back with their new team often applauding them at end of match or when they come out for warm up but he can do one

Regarding the game we were awful as were they but their time wasting worked and they got a goal whereas we could still be going and no where near scoring.
I thought Shayden coming on was actually a positive on what had went before.

I mentioned here before that the cup was secondary to getting points to get ourselves up the table and I can see others coming over to this pant pisher train of thought but we are in the relegation zone now only 3 points above Livingston ,29 points off the top before Xmas

That is a terrible record with no signs of improvement

rico94
06-12-2023, 11:10 PM
Once a manager has lost the fanbase there is no coming back. Waiting any longer is just delaying the inevitable. Cormack must now know he is incapable of running a football club so will shy away from doing what has to be done and just stick his head in the sand. So it goes on.

It was blatantly obvious tonight the players aren’t playing for Robson anymore so we would be as well getting rid of him as there is no way back for him.

A lot of the players still there from Goodwins time last season when they downed tools for him as well,they should remember a lot of people are paying good money to go watch them play so it’s not just the managers they are screwing over.

Biggest problem at the club is still Cormack I’m afraid.Whether he is intentionally or not we have been shyte since he took over from Milne.This will be his 5th manager in 5 years and I can’t see the next one lasting longer than a year.

A few people have been saying for a while that the 7 game winning run we went on last season was when Cormack was in the states recovering from his operation.

Coincidence?

erchieplum
06-12-2023, 11:49 PM
Just seen the Watkins assault at kick off on tv and it is even more blatant than I thought at the time
How can VAR not see that ? its a red card offence
Sh1te as we were tonight surely we need to get clarification on how that went unpunished

pieandbovrilman
06-12-2023, 11:50 PM
I predict a lot of pishy y fronts on a boil wash tonight, and a fair pile of pishy bed linen in the morning. I include myself in that.

Br0chred
07-12-2023, 08:00 AM

Have now seen the footage, he still can't cross the ba

Br0chred
07-12-2023, 08:12 AM
Just seen the Watkins assault at kick off on tv and it is even more blatant than I thought at the time
How can VAR not see that ? its a red card offence
Sh1te as we were tonight surely we need to get clarification on how that went unpunished

Incredible wasn't it. Complete bias aside, obviously VAR didn't want to give the diddy rookie BitB a decision to make in the first minute. VAR basically reffed the game for him, not alerting him to anything

GASC1980
07-12-2023, 09:09 AM
If only the team showed as much commitment as some of the fans. Half day off work and back at 2am to watch a completely abject performance. How do we persuade Barron to stay and sign a new contract. That's right sit on the bench son and freeze your balls off while your captain is running round chasing shadows for 90 minutes. Sorry Shinnie but you ain't the saviour and great signing we thought you'd be. Shinnie is done, Hayes is done yet incredibly gets another full 90 minutes. Duk honestly? Just miles off it and completely disinterested. We could all see in the first half it wasn't working but hey ho prepared to see what the half time team talk brought. Obviously nothing. Am screaming to Robson to change it after 55 minutes but no it takes him until the 75th minute. His arrogance and complete stubborness to change it mean he will be the architect of his own downfall. That and the fact he appears to be totally out of his depth and clueless tactically and is often incoherent in interviews doesn't help him. I wanted this to work but it clearly isn't and wont. I'm in the camp of we can't keep sacking managers but Cormack has now presided over 3 completely underwhelming and wrong appointments. I think any chance of winning the cup has now gone as last night will clearly affect their confidence now and very audible signs last night at the end suggest he has also now lost the majority of the fan base. Where do we go from here?

TheDeeDon
07-12-2023, 09:22 AM
We could never get a player with your commitment GASC1980.

For most of us following our team is a thankless task.

Red Zone
07-12-2023, 09:22 AM
If only the team showed as much commitment as some of the fans. Half day off work and back at 2am to watch a completely abject performance. How do we persuade Barron to stay and sign a new contract. That's right sit on the bench son and freeze your balls off while your captain is running round chasing shadows for 90 minutes. Sorry Shinnie but you ain't the saviour and great signing we thought you'd be. Shinnie is done, Hayes is done yet incredibly gets another full 90 minutes. Duk honestly? Just miles off it and completely disinterested. We could all see in the first half it wasn't working but hey ho prepared to see what the half time team talk brought. Obviously nothing. Am screaming to Robson to change it after 55 minutes but no it takes him until the 75th minute. His arrogance and complete stubborness to change it mean he will be the architect of his own downfall. That and the fact he appears to be totally out of his depth and clueless tactically and is often incoherent in interviews doesn't help him. I wanted this to work but it clearly isn't and wont. I'm in the camp of we can't keep sacking managers but Cormack has now presided over 3 completely underwhelming and wrong appointments. I think any chance of winning the cup has now gone as last night will clearly affect their confidence now and very audible signs last night at the end suggest he has also now lost the majority of the fan base. Where do we go from here?

Completely agree. He forever goes on about tiredeness yet plays those two older guys for 90 minutes having 3 more subs available that he could have made. Even when we go 1-0 down with a few minutes to go does he chuck on Sokler for a defender for a last minute hurrah - does he hell. Clueless doesn't even begin to describe him I'm afraid

rico94
07-12-2023, 09:56 AM
Barrons already told the club he will be signing a pre contract with another club in January.

Hence why his game time has become limited.

TheDeeDon
07-12-2023, 09:58 AM
Barrons already told the club he will be signing a pre contract with another club in January.

Hence why his game time has become limited.

I was wondering what happened, so suppose a bit of sense, but I would still play him.

Be good to know where he is heading.

rico94
07-12-2023, 10:10 AM
I was wondering what happened, so suppose a bit of sense, but I would still play him.

I noticed after Celtic hammered us 6-0 Rodgers had a wee chat with him on the pitch so maybe he’s off to warm their bench instead of ours.

I would be playing him as well because Clarkson has been atrocious these season.To be honest he was a bit hot and cold last season but at least he scored a few goals and his set pieces were good.

This season he’s scored 1 goal and his corners and free kicks have been terrible.

blowupsheep
07-12-2023, 10:44 AM
Killie get their first win of the season away from home and we are now second bottom of the league.
Is this all a part of the prawcess of plastic fkn yank of a chairman.

Davie jist fk off min

Shetland Don
07-12-2023, 11:13 AM

To be perfectly honest, I wouldn’t want to play for this team either. Becoming entirely sick and tired of following the team.

Don Julio
07-12-2023, 11:30 AM
Feels like history is repeating itself here, with Robson taking on the role of Roy Aitken. Dug the team out of a hole on a caretaker basis, got the job, was given a shedload of cash to spend, but then became clear didn’t have what it takes to be a manager.

I like Robson and have been willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I just don’t see any signs that he’s learning or adapting. Einstein’s definition of madness comes to mind.

Can’t work out whether we genuinely have played well in our better matches (generally against better opponents) or just got lucky.

irnbru1903
07-12-2023, 12:13 PM

Somebody elsewhere hinted that he is off to keep the other rats company.

The_Moog
07-12-2023, 02:44 PM
Edit as missed reply quote

The_Moog
07-12-2023, 02:47 PM
Were you at the game tonight moog?

MacDonald gave the ball away twice in the first 10 minutes and was laughing the second time he did it.

He’s not the same player without Pollock and Scales.Far too laid back to be a good defender.

I wasn’t, as I said I politely declined a free ticket, but watched on TV & MacDonald, - though not perfect by any stretch - was way better than Rubezic in every aspect of the game.

His track back and well timed tackle on the Killie player running through on goal being just one example - the clown show either wouldn’t have tracked the run having been caught in no mans land as usual, or would doubtless have given away a penalty.

That said, we still cannot defend cross balls and set pieces into the box - it’s getting beyond ridiculous now.

100% agree we need to try and get Pollock back. Scales was good, but I believe Pollock was the absolute heart & soul of the run we went on last year post Xmas.

We need that attitude back big time…

rico94
07-12-2023, 03:10 PM
I wasn’t, as I said I politely declined a free ticket, but watched on TV & MacDonald, - though not perfect by any stretch - was way better than Rubezic in every aspect of the game.

His track back and well timed tackle on the Killie player running through on goal being just one example - the clown show either wouldn’t have tracked the run having been caught in no mans land as usual, or would doubtless have given away a penalty.

That said, we still cannot defend cross balls and set pieces into the box - it’s getting beyond ridiculous now.

100% agree we need to try and get Pollock back. Scales was good, but I believe Pollock was the absolute heart & soul of the run we went on last year post Xmas.

We need that attitude back big time…

Apart from the Helsinki game I just don’t think MacDonald has been that good this season.

He probably is slightly better than Rubezic who is obviously making a lot of mistakes because he is still quite young for a centre back.

MacDonald doesn’t really fit into the whole process that Cormack goes on about either,buy young players to develop into international players and sell them on for millions.

That seems to be something that’s been put into the last few managers priority list by Cormack.

TheDeeDon
07-12-2023, 04:36 PM
To be fair on MacDonald he hasn't exactly had much game time this season. A bit early to write him off just yet.

TheDeeDon
07-12-2023, 04:38 PM
I just spoke to my loon, who knows Barron and he says he would be very surprised if he joined the hun.

Be no excuses if he did as he knows the score with them zombie c*nts.

I'm just hoping Ferguson's move to Bologna has made him seek adventure on other shores and I don't mean on the banks of the Clyde.

blowupsheep
08-12-2023, 06:57 AM
Anybody got a link to see the Marley Watkins assault incident at the start of the game that was "conveniently" missed (cough cough) by the ref?

Don Julio
08-12-2023, 07:25 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/67648122

TheDeeDon
08-12-2023, 07:42 AM
Just watched the Watkins smash. If they are saying it's a red in the studio it must be bad.

blowupsheep
08-12-2023, 08:14 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/67648122

Cheers DJ, ooocha fkr that is brutal. How the hell that went unpunished is unbelievable, then again it is another glaring example of the p1ss poor level of referees in our game and the serios inconsistency with VAR, utter fkn joke ffs

pieandbovrilman
08-12-2023, 08:24 AM
I wonder if we would get away with that at start of Huns game? So many candidates to choose from though….

rico94
08-12-2023, 10:11 AM
You can’t use it as an excuse for how shyte we are playing at the moment but the sfa really do have it in for us and are using var as a tool to fvck us over.

If an Aberdeen player elbowed an opposition player straight from the kick off like Watkins did then it would have been checked by var and the player would have been sent off.

They seem to use var to check everything against us and we are lucky if they ever bother checking anything for us.

dons8321
08-12-2023, 11:28 AM
I wonder if we would get away with that at start of Huns game? So many candidates to choose from though….

We could adapt the old British Lions ploy - when someone shouts "99" the players smash the hun nearest them.

dons8321
08-12-2023, 11:29 AM
You can’t use it as an excuse for how shyte we are playing at the moment but the sfa really do have it in for us and are using var as a tool to fvck us over.

If an Aberdeen player elbowed an opposition player straight from the kick off like Watkins did then it would have been checked by var and the player would have been sent off.

They seem to use var to check everything against us and we are lucky if they ever bother checking anything for us.

It was very much like the incident when McRorie was sent-off against St. Mirren in Robson's first game.

The_Moog
08-12-2023, 06:29 PM
Apart from the Helsinki game I just don’t think MacDonald has been that good this season.

He probably is slightly better than Rubezic who is obviously making a lot of mistakes because he is still quite young for a centre back.

MacDonald doesn’t really fit into the whole process that Cormack goes on about either,buy young players to develop into international players and sell them on for millions.

That seems to be something that’s been put into the last few managers priority list by Cormack.

MacDonald has hardly played tbf. He deserves a run. Certainly ahead of that walking disaster.

The “process” and recruitment philosophy is fine and as it should be - and we’ve had some big hits with Ferguson, Ramadani and Miovski, but I’d like to know exactly what the analysis and decision making in the process involves?

I know stats & data play a big part, but are they actually fully scouting these guys and taking a good look at them actually playing?

I’m struggling to believe they are in some cases - Richardson, Rubezic, Guere, Stewart, Dadia? (no one’s seen him tbf).

I have eyes, I’ve watched them. I’m no expert of course, but it was abundantly clear to me very quickly they are just shyte. If we have scouts looking at these guys properly, and still recommending them, we need some new scouts…

rico94
09-12-2023, 08:20 AM
MacDonald has hardly played tbf. He deserves a run. Certainly ahead of that walking disaster.

The “process” and recruitment philosophy is fine and as it should be - and we’ve had some big hits with Ferguson, Ramadani and Miovski, but I’d like to know exactly what the analysis and decision making in the process involves?

I know stats & data play a big part, but are they actually fully scouting these guys and taking a good look at them actually playing?

I’m struggling to believe they are in some cases - Richardson, Rubezic, Guere, Stewart, Dadia? (no one’s seen him tbf).

I have eyes, I’ve watched them. I’m no expert of course, but it was abundantly clear to me very quickly they are just shyte. If we have scouts looking at these guys properly, and still recommending them, we need some new scouts…

Our head of recruitment Mowbray left in the summer and we replaced him with a guy called Jordan Miles. He will be the guy who has recommended the players we signed this summer.

I can’t see these guys travelling all over the world to watch the players we sign it’s all just done on a laptop then they sit down with the manager and Steven Gunn to decide who we want to sign.

The_Moog
09-12-2023, 05:54 PM
Our head of recruitment Mowbray left in the summer and we replaced him with a guy called Jordan Miles. He will be the guy who has recommended the players we signed this summer.

I can’t see these guys travelling all over the world to watch the players we sign it’s all just done on a laptop then they sit down with the manager and Steven Gunn to decide who we want to sign.

Aye, that’s what I fear is the case. Gunn inna, hmmmm.

Loan signings, maybe laptop scouting is ok, but if we’re spending £400-£500k (massive money by our standards) I’d be expecting to have a right good look at the lad first.

Anything less is a massive false economy, as Guere is proving…