PDA

View Full Version : No Benson.....

CornholmeClaret
23-12-2023, 02:50 PM
Not in the squad again?? Something strange is going on Here. A fallout? On his way out?

alfinyalcabo
23-12-2023, 02:57 PM
May as well get shut if he's not going to play him..Or is he injured?

ClaretinBudapest
23-12-2023, 04:01 PM
He got 5 minutes last week and he is not in the squad.I dont get it.

sinkov
23-12-2023, 04:32 PM
I'm sure I read somewhere that he was playing for the Under 21s in midweek and went off injured.

FromTheDarkness
24-12-2023, 12:16 AM
Whats happened to ANASS ZAROURY?

Last seen being called up to the world cup with a 50mil price tag thrown on him.... whats going on with this lad? where has he gone? Ive seen him come on for 5 mins a few times then disappears for weeks on end...

The Bedlington Terrier
24-12-2023, 01:04 AM
I thought Benny & Annas would be a pair of show-stealers this season.

Funny old game is football.

sinkov
24-12-2023, 11:18 AM
I thought Benny & Annas would be a pair of show-stealers this season.

Funny old game is football.

Judging by the number of wingers he signed, Vinni wasn't convinced.

The Bedlington Terrier
24-12-2023, 12:33 PM

Benny is very injury prone sinkov but why Zaroury is not in Vinny's plans is a mystery to me. I must admit to being gobsmacked as to just how good Koleosho is though.

The Bedlington Terrier
24-12-2023, 12:33 PM

Benny is very injury prone sinkov but why Zaroury is not in Vinny's plans is a mystery to me. I must admit to being gobsmacked as to just how good Koleosho is though.

sinkov
24-12-2023, 12:56 PM
I did read that Zaroury had a shocker at Bournemouth, he hasn't featured much since.

Acido
24-12-2023, 06:14 PM
Hey for a minute there, I thought this thread was about Josh Benson at Burnsley Fc. 😁

The Bedlington Terrier
24-12-2023, 06:29 PM
I was at the Cherries game, he looked ring rusty and nothing else.

He probably needs to move on because Kompany has jettisoned him IMHO.

WillPark
24-12-2023, 09:53 PM
I think we will see zaroury and Benson if fit being loaned out in January. Don’t think we’ll sell. They just need time to develop.

sinkov
25-12-2023, 08:15 AM
Hey for a minute there, I thought this thread was about Josh Benson at Burnsley Fc. ��

What's the situation with Josh over there Acido, he's not getting starts any more, why is that, not good enough, injuries or what ?

Swissclaret
25-12-2023, 08:54 AM
Maybe Odobert and Koleosho are simply better than Zaroury. Whilst Zaroury will always be remembered for the cross that Bashly put away, together with the B*stards keeper, I don’t remember him being as tricky as the other two or as pacy.

sinkov
25-12-2023, 09:13 AM
Maybe Odobert and Koleosho are simply better than Zaroury. Whilst Zaroury will always be remembered for the cross that Bashly put away, together with the B*stards keeper, I don’t remember him being as tricky as the other two or as pacy.

I thought it was the World Cup that did for Zaroury, when he came back he just wasn't the same player. No idea why.

The Bedlington Terrier
25-12-2023, 09:56 AM
I thought it was the World Cup that did for Zaroury, when he came back he just wasn't the same player. No idea why.

It's called "Billy Big Bollox Syndrome" mon ami, SD knocked it out of them, VK can't.

sinkov
25-12-2023, 10:04 AM
It's called "Billy Big Bollox Syndrome" mon ami, SD knocked it out of them, VK can't.

No need mon ami, Vinni has more wingers to choose from than he can shake a sh1tty stick at, so Zaroury can please himself. I wonder how long it will be before Tresor is starting, was Larsen hooked at Fulham for him, or was he off injured ?

The Bedlington Terrier
25-12-2023, 10:07 AM
No need mon ami, Vinni has more wingers to choose from than he can shake a sh1tty stick at, so Zaroury can please himself. I wonder how long it will be before Tresor is starting, was Larsen hooked at Fulham for him, or was he off injured ?

I realise you no longer go live mon ami, but the Burnley fans love Anass, the response he gets is unbelieveable.

I wish VK could relight this particular fire because he really is a talent.

sinkov
25-12-2023, 10:22 AM
I realise you no longer go live mon ami, but the Burnley fans love Anass, the response he gets is unbelieveable.

I wish VK could relight this particular fire because he really is a talent.

That's as maybe mon ami, but I doubt the fans adoration of him cuts any ice with the manager, as we both know, never mind the smiles and the affable nature, VK is ruthless. Looking at it dispassionately from the other side of Pendle Hill, both Zaroury and Benson look like yesterday's men to me. I would think the future of the pair of them lies elsewhere, but what do I know, I could be wrong.

The Bedlington Terrier
25-12-2023, 11:56 AM
That's as maybe mon ami, but I doubt the fans adoration of him cuts any ice with the manager, as we both know, never mind the smiles and the affable nature, VK is ruthless. Looking at it dispassionately from the other side of Pendle Hill, both Zaroury and Benson look like yesterday's men to me. I would think the future of the pair of them lies elsewhere, but what do I know, I could be wrong.

Seeing that the pair of them seem to be yesterday's men, sadly, I must concede you may well be right. :blue:

Acido
25-12-2023, 03:28 PM
What's the situation with Josh over there Acido, he's not getting starts any more, why is that, not good enough, injuries or what ?

For some reason Sinko, it's just not worked out for Josh and our club. He has been a bit of a sicknote, and while surely no player does that deliberately, it's annoying for us fans. 🙁

outwoodclaret
25-12-2023, 11:27 PM

I sometimes wonder if many of us posters on here are “Yesterday’s Men”. God knows I am no spring chicken. If I have a legacy it is two beautiful granddaughters who love the Clarets but you won’t find their footprint here. When we are gone will this message board live on or will it slowly vanish into the ether? The go-to social media Apps of the modern age are Instagram, Twitter(X), TikTok and I use none of these. I do use Facebook and YouTube but I sometimes feel like I am rooted in a bygone age and as much a museum relic as Caxton’s printing press.

barrie_burn
26-12-2023, 04:33 AM
Join the Club Outwood.We are a past generation and both my wife and I are both relics who frequently need our daughter when it comes
to technology.Going by the list of telephone numbers in my Bowls Club handbook I am one of only 3 male members with a landline number.
I get some odd looks from younger members when asked for my mobile number and reply "I haven't got one"

The Bedlington Terrier
26-12-2023, 08:46 AM
I'm really struggling with these new fangled airline apps. We flew with KLM recently and it was virtually impossible to squeeze a paper boarding card out of them.

Next up is Spain, the grandkids are here today and I'm hoping for a "How to APP session!"

sinkov
26-12-2023, 09:36 AM
For some reason Sinko, it's just not worked out for Josh and our club. He has been a bit of a sicknote, and while surely no player does that deliberately, it's annoying for us fans. ��

That's a shame Acido, we've had a few sicknotes over here, JBG, Brady, Defour and our Benson is currently one of them. I suppose they keep physios in employment and so contribute to the general good, but as you say, although they don't get injured intentionally, they are bloody frustrating for us fans