PDA

View Full Version : Who will be relegated?

chastenor
01-01-2024, 06:10 PM
Haven't seen any posts on this subject so here is my penny's worth. I reckon Sheffffield United, Crystal Palace and Brentford. I think Burnley and Luton are both good enough to survive, and Everton despite the points deduction are far too good to go down.

kritichris
01-01-2024, 06:12 PM
if we survive it will be a new premiership record comeback. I think we'll go down with Sheff U and Brentford.

barrie_burn
01-01-2024, 07:48 PM
Very optimistic Chastenor.

Sheff Utd and ourselves are getting cut adrift,we will be very lucky indeed to survive.

Who goes down with us? Despite the Manager's very good effort I think it will end up being Luton.

malwayne
01-01-2024, 09:38 PM
Haven't seen any posts on this subject so here is my penny's worth. I reckon Sheffffield United, Crystal Palace and Brentford. I think Burnley and Luton are both good enough to survive, and Everton despite the points deduction are far too good to go down.

No team is too good to go down

ClaretinBudapest
03-01-2024, 09:53 AM
Burnley,Blades and the Hatters.Proof that the chasm between the PL and the Championship is getting too big to cross.Further proof is that Leicester,Leeds and Southampton are lookin like the teams that will be promoted.Ipswich are starting to falter.

The Bedlington Terrier
03-01-2024, 10:49 AM
Burnley,Blades and the Hatters.Proof that the chasm between the PL and the Championship is getting too big to cross.Further proof is that Leicester,Leeds and Southampton are lookin like the teams that will be promoted.Ipswich are starting to falter.

Spot on I fear CiB.

army88
03-01-2024, 11:44 AM

I’m hanging on a bit chastenor because in the next 4 games Luton us and Sheff utd play each other- so I’m torn a bit but if VK believes we can survive hard luck and improvement stories won’t make that happen - results is what’s required.

Turf_Forever
03-01-2024, 12:22 PM
Forest and Brentford could suffer for a few weeks during AFCON as they are losing 6 and 4 players respectively.

Swissclaret
03-01-2024, 02:01 PM
The second half of the season could be difficult for Luton as injuries and suspensions challenge its squad. Hopefully, we have enough in our squad to scrape our way to 17th. That will be an incredible achievement but it is also relying on others above us faltering.

The Bedlington Terrier
03-01-2024, 02:27 PM
I can think of 6 games where we should have got at least some or more points than we ended up with, we didn't and that spells relegation I'm afraid.
Forest away.
Bournemouth away.
Villa away.
West Ham at home.
United at home.
Wolves away.

I'm not knocking VK but under SD those 6 games would have yielded at least another 8 points.

Fine margins. :blue:

wmdave_b
03-01-2024, 02:51 PM
Was reading a piece by VK today who thinks we are about to go on a winning run.
No doubt we have improved lots recently, no thrashings and mass panic in defence at set pieces. Trafford is keeping us in games, looking more solid and we have begun to score from open play. We now have threat at our set pieces. So VK could well be right

Bin_Ont_Turf
03-01-2024, 02:54 PM
The three that came up are going.

Unless Forest get properly hammered, points deduction wise.

sinkov
03-01-2024, 03:00 PM
I'm not normally lost for words or short of an opinion, but I am on this subject, it's a right can of worms, changing on a weekly basis, and which three worms will be left in the can at the end of the season, I have no idea.

The Bedlington Terrier
03-01-2024, 03:06 PM
I'm not normally lost for words or short of an opinion, but I am on this subject, it's a right can of worms, changing on a weekly basis, and which three worms will be left in the can at the end of the season, I have no idea.

The answer for us is in post #10 I feel.

Us and the Blades are already doomed but there is always a team in freefall for no particular reason.

The Bees perhaps?

sinkov
03-01-2024, 03:13 PM
The answer for us is in post #10 I feel.

Us and the Blades are already doomed but there is always a team in freefall for no particular reason.

The Bees perhaps?

I don't know mon ami, 3 points for a win and we're just starting to hit our straps, Forest, Luton, Bournemouth, Brentford, Wolves and Brighton still to play on't Turf, Newcastle as well and they're not the force they were. It could all change, it might not, but I don't hear the fat lady singing just yet.

The Bedlington Terrier
03-01-2024, 03:30 PM
I don't know mon ami, 3 points for a win and we're just starting to hit our straps, Forest, Luton, Bournemouth, Brentford, Wolves and Brighton still to play on't Turf, Newcastle as well and they're not the force they were. It could all change, it might not, but I don't hear the fat lady singing just yet.

Our home form is the worse across all 4 divisions sinkov and I just cannot see that changing. :blue:

army88
03-01-2024, 07:35 PM
I can think of 6 games where we should have got at least some or more points than we ended up with, we didn't and that spells relegation I'm afraid.
Forest away.
Bournemouth away.
Villa away.
West Ham at home.
United at home.
Wolves away.

I'm not knocking VK but under SD those 6 games would have yielded at least another 8 points.

Fine margins. :blue:

You can’t say that BT as it’s unknown he got the sack because we were losing more games but creating nothing.

I like Dyche as much as the next man but that statement is a brave one - the problem for me is football has moved on at such a pace so it’s hard to say ie a Dyche team 7-8 years ago may not have had enough to hold out like we used to do - I know we wouldn’t have created much.

The other thing for me is VK can’t control what happens on the pitch in stupid mistakes

Forest was a con with Var
Bournemouth was a Var con and we gave them a goal for nothing

Ifs buts maybes all contribute to football results

sinkov
03-01-2024, 10:01 PM
Our home form is the worse across all 4 divisions sinkov and I just cannot see that changing. :blue:

There is every chance of that changing mon ami, no wonder our home record is poor, so far we've played 10 home games, 7 of them against teams in the top 10, we have 9 home games to come, with just 3 of them against teams in the top 10. Our home fixtures on the run-in are much easier, we've already beaten three of the teams yet to visit Turf Moor, Forest, Luton and Fulham. Foster is back and we're getting better by the game.

Of course the games still have to be won, but there's a shedload of points waiting to be picked up at Turf Moor over the next nine games. It's in our hands, just win the games we're well capable of winning at home and we could escape yet.

wmdave_b
04-01-2024, 12:53 PM
There is every chance of that changing mon ami, no wonder our home record is poor, so far we've played 10 home games, 7 of them against teams in the top 10, we have 9 home games to come, with just 3 of them against teams in the top 10. Our home fixtures on the run-in are much easier, we've already beaten three of the teams yet to visit Turf Moor, Forest, Luton and Fulham. Foster is back and we're getting better by the game.

Of course the games still have to be won, but there's a shedload of points waiting to be picked up at Turf Moor over the next nine games. It's in our hands, just win the games we're well capable of winning at home and we could escape yet.

Loving the positivity here, and in agreement. Been so hard, but I believe we are now on the upward curve. Somebody pointed out a 100 day work plan to get to this point, think it may have been Chris.

WillPark
07-01-2024, 07:50 PM
It may have been me. March and April is when we could get a lot of points. I’m looking forward to it :)