PDA

View Full Version : Lee Hughes

Mapperleypie
04-01-2024, 01:36 PM
Soon to be appointed Notts County manager George Burley is making a shock move to take much-travelled Lee Hughes on a short term deal – and put the striker back in League 2.

Burley is desperate to land a new forward given the speculation surrounding top goalscorer Macaulay Langstaff and his surprisingly turned to Hughes, the 54-year-old hit man who is still scoring goals but is available.

Kent Magpie
04-01-2024, 01:44 PM
Dean Yates and the Short brothers are also coming back to shore up the defence too.

marky
04-01-2024, 01:58 PM
Soon to be appointed Notts County manager George Burley is making a shock move to take much-travelled Lee Hughes on a short term deal – and put the striker back in League 2.

Burley is desperate to land a new forward given the speculation surrounding top goalscorer Macaulay Langstaff and his surprisingly turned to Hughes, the 54-year-old hit man who is still scoring goals but is available.

That's enough internet for you for today.

ncfcog
04-01-2024, 03:10 PM

I love a bit of NCM tradition ;D

lunaspie
04-01-2024, 03:25 PM
Appointing him would certainly give us a lift.
A fireman's lift.

sidders
04-01-2024, 04:04 PM

Mappers, I think Churchill called it 'Squeezing a lemon until the pips rattle'. You need a new scriptwriter. My rates are very decent

Mapperleypie
04-01-2024, 04:18 PM
Mappers, I think Churchill called it 'Squeezing a lemon until the pips rattle'. You need a new scriptwriter. My rates are very decent

I don't know what you are on about.

sidders
04-01-2024, 04:48 PM
I don't know what you are on about.

My bad. I mistook you for someone intelligent.B)

Mapperleypie
04-01-2024, 05:13 PM
My bad. I mistook you for someone intelligent.B)

I've wasted a fair bit of life posting over 6,000 times on this site. That should tell you all you need to know.

nw6pie
04-01-2024, 07:05 PM
I've wasted a fair bit of life posting over 6,000 times on this site. That should tell you all you need to know.

In fairness, at least half of them were the same post.

Still makes me smile, though.

kill_the_drum
04-01-2024, 07:15 PM
I didn’t need to click the thread, but I did anyway 😂

Iremongersrighthand
04-01-2024, 07:41 PM
Dean Yates and the Short brothers are also coming back to shore up the defence too.

I think that Deano and the Short brothers (even now) would be an improvement on the current set of defenders we have at the club.

lunaspie
04-01-2024, 09:05 PM
And old Albert would certainly command his area.
Not so good on penalties though.

The_Pie_Man
04-01-2024, 09:29 PM
An oldie, but a goodie 😂

Knew exactly what was coming and I wasn't disappointed!

MAD_MAGPIE
04-01-2024, 09:49 PM

Old but gold and did its job and got a smile. XD

hissingdwarf
04-01-2024, 10:35 PM

Still a classic. Even someone like NCM has a storied history (not Peter FFS.)

magpie_mania
04-01-2024, 10:47 PM

Me too!

slack_pie
05-01-2024, 07:04 AM
Lol, a Mad classic. It's been a while.

crazyfists
05-01-2024, 01:04 PM

This ha ha.