PDA

View Full Version : Gnonto

spaldy
08-01-2024, 04:24 PM
Scariest time of year for almost any championship team is the January transfer window. Clickbait everywhere.

However, the scariest I've seen yet is loaning/selling Gnonto so we can bring back aaronson.

Gnonto has not been at his best this season but the pressure he puts on Summerville and James is invaluable. Competition forces players to step up. If you lose out to aaronson you probably shouldnt be wearing the kit. I think he was a very big part of the relegation problem and had so little self awareness he never even knew it. Due to KJA he'll never be the worst signing Leeds ever made but he's top 5. Write him off and take the loss. Don't dilute this season trying to atone for past errors.

WTF11
08-01-2024, 04:48 PM
Scariest time of year for almost any championship team is the January transfer window. Clickbait everywhere.

However, the scariest I've seen yet is loaning/selling Gnonto so we can bring back aaronson.

Gnonto has not been at his best this season but the pressure he puts on Summerville and James is invaluable. Competition forces players to step up. If you lose out to aaronson you probably shouldnt be wearing the kit. I think he was a very big part of the relegation problem and had so little self awareness he never even knew it. Due to KJA he'll never be the worst signing Leeds ever made but he's top 5. Write him off and take the loss. Don't dilute this season trying to atone for past errors.

What he said, x1000!

hopelesslyoptimistic
08-01-2024, 04:49 PM

Aaronson wasn’t brilliant for us over the season but he started well and was being coached by possibly the worst coach we have had for decades (he makes Colin seem decent) and in a team that was playing badly and had little selection consistency. Prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt as he was playing pretty well before we got hold of him. He plays in a very different position to Gnonto too.

spaldy
08-01-2024, 07:12 PM
Sorry HOP, Have to respectfully disagree on this one.

He was a flop at a poor bundesliga team as well as Leeds. I do understand how bad ted was as a coach but his bundesliga team's coach as OK. He's wimpy on the ball, not particulary great at free kicks, not good defensively and no nose for goal. Other than that I guess he's OK. Oh, I forgot he's a bad driver.

Gnonto pushes Summerville, James and Anthony. Aaronson is worse than all of our mids as well as firpo who could play there in a pinch based on watching him lately. He pushes no one for honest play time. The thought of trading Gnonto for aaronson causes me great intestinal distress as the least.

This doesn't even address if the cherries send Sinisterra back. we sure aren't playing aaronson over sinisterra. let him sit the bench in Germany over taking a roster spot here.

Rev72
08-01-2024, 07:22 PM
Gnonto for Aaronson would be complete and utter madness.

Gnonto should either be made to stay or sold to the highest bidder.

Aaronson should never wear the shirt again.