PDA

View Full Version : 📝Jaden Warner arrives!

MapperleyMagpie
22-01-2024, 05:22 PM
It's finally happened. Welcome Jaden, a 6' 4" central defender, highly rated, quick recovery speed. Just what we need.

tied_up_in_notts
22-01-2024, 05:23 PM
https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2024/january/jaden-warner-signing-220124/

pjace
22-01-2024, 05:24 PM
He looks like a good signing

the_anticlough
22-01-2024, 05:28 PM

And now, from Norwich, the signing of the week

tied_up_in_notts
22-01-2024, 05:37 PM
Let's hope he turns out to be as influential at the end of the season as our last loan signing from Norwich

LaxtonLad
22-01-2024, 05:38 PM

😅😅😅

lunaspie
22-01-2024, 05:40 PM

Let's be havin' you !

matt_magpie
22-01-2024, 05:46 PM
Heard a lot of good things about this lad and I think some Norwich fans are surprised he’s not had more games for them.

MapperleyMagpie
22-01-2024, 05:46 PM
Reading between the lines, it sounds like he is going straight into the side this weekend. All speak very highly of him. Just what we need. Get in !

keldsyke
22-01-2024, 06:01 PM
Let’s hope he’s used more than the last loanees!

MapperleyMagpie
22-01-2024, 06:05 PM

To be fair Macari has turned out alright. He seems very highly rated.

kill_the_drum
22-01-2024, 06:37 PM

I think from the comments made in both the club and the players interviews, he’s here to jump straight into the team.

Putney Pie
22-01-2024, 06:48 PM
I think from the comments made in both the club and the players interviews, he’s here to jump straight into the team.

Let’s hope so. Some of the current, more experienced defenders have had enough chances to prove themselves

nw6pie
22-01-2024, 07:16 PM
Back three of Warner, Baldwin and Cameron for Saturday? Already sounds more promising. I wonder if the new keeper will get a game as well.

Putney Pie
22-01-2024, 07:23 PM
Back three of Warner, Baldwin and Cameron for Saturday? Already sounds more promising. I wonder if the new keeper will get a game as well.

Think I agree with that NW6. Being lazy here but is Warner left or right footed?

Old_pie
22-01-2024, 07:28 PM
Think I agree with that NW6. Being lazy here but is Warner left or right footed?

Work it out for yourself, Warner defensive highlights:

https://twitter.com/CastCanary/status/1749397464270954820

Putney Pie
22-01-2024, 07:32 PM
Quite a two footed cameo!!!

Old_pie
22-01-2024, 07:34 PM
Quite a two footed cameo!!!

I hope there was one left and one right and not two of one or the other. Needs to head as well. But what's all this kicking into touch when he should be playing back to the goalie! Needs coaching. XD

SwalePie
22-01-2024, 07:35 PM

He's ambifootstrous.

Putney Pie
22-01-2024, 07:35 PM
Ha ha!! Sometimes kicking into touch is underrated!!

crazyfists
22-01-2024, 07:45 PM
Very highly rated. Well done Notts and welcome Jaden. COYP

Elite_Pie
22-01-2024, 07:53 PM
Back three of Warner, Baldwin and Cameron for Saturday?

I really hope so. If Warner can do a job at RCB it will solve one of our biggest problems.

jackal2
22-01-2024, 07:59 PM
Height!

We've needed it. Good luck to him.

Glad2BeAPie
22-01-2024, 08:00 PM
Let’s hope so. Some of the current, more experienced defenders have had enough chances to prove themselves
You mean Lukes favourites

Putney Pie
22-01-2024, 08:04 PM
You could say that!! It”s often a moot point - do you stick with certain players who help get you a promotion or be ruthless and recognise you need an upgrade

irish_pie
22-01-2024, 08:14 PM
Welcome aboard young Jayden, let's hope he gets more game time than Tipton...looks to have a bit about him judging by the snipets supplied on here 👍

tied_up_in_notts
22-01-2024, 09:00 PM
Ha ha!! Sometimes kicking into touch is underrated!!
Stubbsy used to kick it over the stand, never did us any harm

lunaspie
22-01-2024, 09:16 PM
Stubbsy used to kick it over the stand, never did us any harm

He also tried kicking a few players there too,never did us any harm.

SinceSept1959
22-01-2024, 09:20 PM
Too true regarding Stubbsy and quite a few opponents too .
Sooner the ball landing in "Row Z " than in our net anytime.
Welcome to Jaden Warner , who should prove to be a very good addition to the back line.
I don't understand the dislike of Chicksen , who has more than " earned his keep " playing in the back line or as a wingback. He has also chipped in with goals and his experience has been missed when we are short on availability.
With regards to Ollie Tipton , I don't think he would make the match day squad on a regular basis and didn't look particularly outstanding , during the minutes when he did. Steady rather than impressive.

Glad2BeAPie
22-01-2024, 09:32 PM
You could say that!! It”s often a moot point - do you stick with certain players who help get you a promotion or be ruthless and recognise you need an upgrade
Should have upgraded in the summer one area Luke failed in, we have all seen there not good enough, see the goals against column which proves it

queenslandpie
22-01-2024, 09:36 PM
Should have upgraded in the summer one area Luke failed in, we have all seen there not good enough, see the goals against column which proves it

How did Luke fail when this is not really his job ( was)

Anyway this chap looks the business I hope he turns out to be as good as he looks.

BigFatPie
22-01-2024, 09:39 PM

Assuming he’s an improvement on all our present defenders, I hope he drops Cameron, brings in Macari if fit and plays Warner on the left of the three(if he sticks to Williams’ formation).

Dropping the captain would be a big call for a new coach so I don’t think he will for a minute, but the loyalty to last season’s defenders has been an albatross around our necks all season.

kill_the_drum
22-01-2024, 10:03 PM
Obviously we’re going to be better with better defenders on the pitch, but as I’ve said all season, our majority of goals conceded come from midfield mistakes and being outnumbered when we’re turned over.
It’s just been very easy to blame the back line.
It will be interesting to see how SM approaches away games, as that’s where we really get picked off.

Notts78
22-01-2024, 10:11 PM
Obviously we’re going to be better with better defenders on the pitch, but as I’ve said all season, our majority of goals conceded come from midfield mistakes and being outnumbered when we’re turned over.
It’s just been very easy to blame the back line.
It will be interesting to see how SM approaches away games, as that’s where we really get picked off.

Exactly this. Easy to say we’ve conceded the most goal so that’s proof the defenders are crap. The system employed exposes the defence to over loads as well as being out of position. When we have the ball the 3 defenders spread the width of the pitch which leaves huge gaping holes.

SmiffyPie
22-01-2024, 10:36 PM
If we stick with a 3 I would like to see JW in the centre. Big, good head and good turn of speed and very aware of developing play and where he should be (looking at his YouTube stuff), exactly what we need. The issue is who to put left and right of him? Baldwin has to be in there somewhere but is Macari fit?
Reference defenders being spread, well yes they are because they are so high, but if we are in the other half do they need to be so flat (begging for the ball over the top)? Provided the midfield make the move to come back there should be two covering defenders (centre+left or right with the 3rd covering a square ball).

The_Don_ORiordan
22-01-2024, 10:42 PM
Exactly this. Easy to say we’ve conceded the most goal so that’s proof the defenders are crap. The system employed exposes the defence to over loads as well as being out of position. When we have the ball the 3 defenders spread the width of the pitch which leaves huge gaping holes.

Or it’s both. Which it is.

Our defenders aren’t good enough, there is enough evidence of this.

And they concede goals after midfield turnovers and being outnumbered in transition.

It isn’t just the way we play, and it isn’t just the defenders are crap. It’s partly both.

BigFatPie
22-01-2024, 10:44 PM

I think anyone who saw the 9 goals we let in against the might of Tranny and Grimsby will know there’s multiple reasons why we let so many goals in, but crap defenders are pretty close to the top of the list.

51Magpie
22-01-2024, 10:55 PM
How did Luke fail when this is not really his job ( was)

But it was surely part of his job to tell the (rest of) the recruiters what he thought he needed? He always used to say that they took notice of him.

Mark_Ross
22-01-2024, 10:55 PM
It's finally happened. Welcome Jaden, a 6' 4" central defender, highly rated, quick recovery speed. Just what we need.

Really hopeful this guy could be a big help to our defensive frailty. We'll see....

51Magpie
22-01-2024, 10:58 PM
Assuming he’s an improvement on all our present defenders, I hope he drops Cameron, brings in Macari if fit and plays Warner on the left of the three(if he sticks to Williams’ formation).

Dropping the captain would be a big call for a new coach so I don’t think he will for a minute, but the loyalty to last season’s defenders has been an albatross around our necks all season.

I'm one of those that think maybe Cameron would be better suited further up the pitch, rather than in the back line. I'd love to see our back line made up of proper defenders, and this latest acquisition is a big step in the right direction.

Could'vebeenacontender
23-01-2024, 09:46 AM

And they concede goals after midfield turnovers and being outnumbered in transition.

It isn’t just the way we play, and it isn’t just the defenders are crap. It’s partly both.

This is spot on. Playing with such a high line without defenders with Kyle Walker pace has been the cause of a lot of the goals against
And Luke wasn't too fussed about our wing backs getting tight to cut out crosses - I think his attitude was that the defenders and keeper were favourites to clear them. Goodness knows what the stats say but we know that Luke would have been across them

matt_magpie
23-01-2024, 11:09 AM

I’d say 70% system. I think personnel wise we have struggled at RCB, Brindleys not physical enough and struggles being exposed more centrally, obviously Rawlinson is less mobile/nimble, he was like a lamb to the slaughter against Grimbsy’s winger, he’s a CB.

durhampie
23-01-2024, 11:13 AM

One of the biggest problems we had was playing wingers as wing backs, and neither of them could defend, and very rarely tracked back.. Like i said earlier, the guy was Moniz Mk2..

matt_magpie
23-01-2024, 12:02 PM
One of the biggest problems we had was playing wingers as wing backs, and neither of them could defend, and very rarely tracked back.. Like i said earlier, the guy was Moniz Mk2..

Apart from the record breaking season and then leaving us in the playoffs his next half of the season.

jacobncfc
23-01-2024, 12:05 PM
I think anyone who saw the 9 goals we let in against the might of Tranny and Grimsby will know there’s multiple reasons why we let so many goals in, but crap defenders are pretty close to the top of the list.

Tranmere 1 - Good strike but should be saved by Stone
Tranmere 2 - Jones and Crowley taking apart down their side
Tranmere 3 - Baldwin does well to force a guy to shoot from a really tight angle, Stone fluffs it anyway
Tranmere 4 - Caught on the break late on, Stone just takes a guy out

Grims 1 - Bostock gets beaten and hacks a man down in the box
Grims 2 - Jones loses his man edge of the box and allows a free shot on goal
Grims 3 - Crowley loses the ball 30 yards from his own goal with us wide open
Grims 4 - Jones gets done with a very simple ball in behind him, Nemane beaten to the ball at the far post
Grims 5 - Jones loses his man on a set piece so badly he can bring the ball down and lay it off under no pressure

Actually think, considering we conceded nine, the back three itself weren't massively to blame in those two.

Observerpie
23-01-2024, 12:18 PM
Tranmere 3 - Baldwin does well to force a guy to shoot from a really tight angle, Stone fluffs it anyway

Grims 4 - Jones gets done with a very simple ball in behind him, Nemane beaten to the ball at the far post
Grims 5 - Jones loses his man on a set piece so badly he can bring the ball down and lay it off under no pressure

Actually think, considering we conceded nine, the back three itself weren't massively to blame in those two.

Exactly, we're sometimes guilty of not defending as a team.

Chicken Balti Pie
23-01-2024, 12:19 PM
The back three aren't really to blame, we'd be a lot more stable as a back 4 with a defensive midfielder though. At the moment with a back three, it requires the wing backs to defend and you don't really want Jodi Jones or Aaron Nemane as your defenders. A 4 at the back with a defensive midfielder still keeps 5 defending but means that Nemane and Jones can just attack.

I'd personally go for the following:

GK - God knows, probably try the new guy
RB - Brindley
CB - Warner
CB - Baldwin
LB - Chicken

DM - Cameron

RW - Nemane
LW - Jones
CM - Bostock
CM - Crowley

ST - Langstaff

You can rotate by having Bostock as DM and having McGoldrick as a CAM or rest Langstaff and bring on Didzy.

Sure, less game time for some but less injuries and we are more stable

jacobncfc
23-01-2024, 12:37 PM
Exactly, we're sometimes guilty of not defending as a team.

It's not exactly surprising when you look at the changes from last season - Jones in for Chicksen is a massive upgrade in attack but far worse defensively, losing Palmer is a blow, and then we've replaced Rodrigues and one of Scott/Austin behind Langstaff with Crowley and McGoldrick. Again this is an upgrade in quality and technical class, but a downgrade in physicality, work off the ball, pressing, chasing back etc.

I don't think we need to change shape, but LW had become extremely inflexible in his team selections. It's like he thought ML, DM, DC, AN and JJ had to start every single game no matter what. That leaves you with nowhere to go in making a team more solid for a particular game. There's nothing wrong with going 'this is a tough away game so we need Austin's energy and pressing over Crowley's creativity from the start', or similar at wing back where a team has a particular threat on that wing so we start Macari or Chicksen to counter it. Part of it is that three of our most versatile options to make those sorts of changes - Bajrami, Scott and Chicksen - have been injured for most of the season, mind.

durhampie
23-01-2024, 01:06 PM
It's not exactly surprising when you look at the changes from last season - Jones in for Chicksen is a massive upgrade in attack but far worse defensively, losing Palmer is a blow, and then we've replaced Rodrigues and one of Scott/Austin behind Langstaff with Crowley and McGoldrick. Again this is an upgrade in quality and technical class, but a downgrade in physicality, work off the ball, pressing, chasing back etc.

I don't think we need to change shape, but LW had become extremely inflexible in his team selections. It's like he thought ML, DM, DC, AN and JJ had to start every single game no matter what. That leaves you with nowhere to go in making a team more solid for a particular game. There's nothing wrong with going 'this is a tough away game so we need Austin's energy and pressing over Crowley's creativity from the start', or similar at wing back where a team has a particular threat on that wing so we start Macari or Chicksen to counter it. Part of it is that three of our most versatile options to make those sorts of changes - Bajrami, Scott and Chicksen - have been injured for most of the season, mind.

He wouldnt have played them anyway, even if they were fit..

kill_the_drum
23-01-2024, 01:10 PM

Completely agree and has been the case most of the season away from home.
The system is high risk/reward which has generally worked overall.
Whilst our home form has us 3rd, our away form has us 15th.
I’d like to see us rely more on the front 3 and wingers away from home, without overcommitting defenders/midfielders continually.

matt_magpie
23-01-2024, 01:13 PM
He wouldnt have played them anyway, even if they were fit..

Tbf once Bostock was fit there was little call for Baj, the tide had turned against Chicksen towards the end of last season with his lack of attacking ability and unfortunately the system doesn’t always favour Scott, he’s not an attacking mid.

60YearsAPie
23-01-2024, 01:16 PM
There's no doubt that Jones is a class above this league. It's interesting, though, to compare Chicksen/Jones this season/last season. Chicksen comes out tops on defensive duties by a mile and, surprisingly, on goals scored too. When it comes to assists, Jones is out on his own for the whole division. I'm not sure what's happened to Chicks. Is he out injured? I'd certainly play him when the occasion warranted it - tough away games, for instance.

Could'vebeenacontender
23-01-2024, 02:21 PM
There's no doubt that Jones is a class above this league. It's interesting, though, to compare Chicksen/Jones this season/last season. Chicksen comes out tops on defensive duties by a mile and, surprisingly, on goals scored too. When it comes to assists, Jones is out on his own for the whole division. I'm not sure what's happened to Chicks. Is he out injured? I'd certainly play him when the occasion warranted it - tough away games, for instance.

Chicks has been injured
He'd have been involved otherwise

durhampie
23-01-2024, 02:44 PM
Scott wasn't brought as a midfielder, He was a striker..

OP67
23-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Scott wasn't brought as a midfielder, He was a striker..

Not only that he was a striker that played the position Langstaff has played most of the last 18 months. Perfect to slot in next season when Macca leaves.

durhampie
23-01-2024, 03:22 PM
His contract expires this summer...If LW was still here, I couldn't see him agreeing a new contract to sit on the bench, whilst his cronies keep being selected.

sinophile
23-01-2024, 03:29 PM
Which 'cronies' were selected ahead of Scott, in Scott's position?

matt_magpie
23-01-2024, 03:30 PM
His contract expires this summer...If LW was still here, I couldn't see him agreeing a new contract to sit on the bench, whilst his cronies keep being selected.

Well LW claims when he got injured that Scott said along of the lines I’ll get back fit and score goals in L1 when we’re promoted. He also trusted him with the pen at Wrexham, I don’t think it’s a case of him not fancying Scott. He had a slow start to the NL season with Covid, I think he got injured again, Langstaff had been converted to the one striker who never hardly got injured or out of form and basically he was competing with Austin for a starting position and the 2 were very deferent styles of player suiting different opposition.

BigFatPie
23-01-2024, 03:50 PM

I’m not sure you’d make a great witness in court, those descriptions don’t even tell half the story, never mind the whole one. Brindley’s and Cameron’s role in the first Tranny one, Rawlinson’s in Grimsby’s fourth just for starters.

I said after the Grimsby game that we played with 3 defenders, Nemane and Jones weren’t even trying to defend. None of the middle 3 covered themselves in glory though, and these were players who, by and large, did ok in the earlier part of the season, even in away games.

People seem to be getting wise after events. Yes we’re too open, but I can’t remember a single person calling for one of Langstaff, Crowley, Jones or McGoldrick to be dropped after Tranmere to help tighten us up. (I’d have dropped Didzy, he’s been pretty anonymous in a few of the away games I’ve seen).

I think we’ll eventually end up with a change in formation for away games and get in better defenders, Warner will only be the start hopefully.

Chicken Balti Pie
23-01-2024, 04:18 PM

Scott has been unluck with injuries. To The point LW asked if he was OK seeing Macca scoring left right and centre and he said yeah, because he'll get to score in league 1 so don't think he was upset

durhampie
23-01-2024, 04:25 PM
Scott has been unluck with injuries. To The point LW asked if he was OK seeing Macca scoring left right and centre and he said yeah, because he'll get to score in league 1 so don't think he was upset

The person responsible for his long term injury is thankfully no longer at the club....

Chicken Balti Pie
23-01-2024, 04:32 PM
The person responsible for his long term injury is thankfully no longer at the club....

You're claiming that a knee injury was caused by LW? I was there when he did it, he jarred his knee, it looked nasty, he tried to stay on the pitch to keep it at 11 Vs 11 but he couldn't continue. The carrying on did not cause the injury to go from weeks to months, he was already in a bad way after the initial jarring

SwalePie
23-01-2024, 04:56 PM

Did LW steal your garden gnomes or something Durham? Your judgment seems to have gone from excellent to somewhat questionable/weird over recent seasons IMHO. I always respect your home and away loyalty, but seriously, what's happened?

durhampie
23-01-2024, 04:57 PM
You're claiming that a knee injury was caused by LW? I was there when he did it, he jarred his knee, it looked nasty, he tried to stay on the pitch to keep it at 11 Vs 11 but he couldn't continue. The carrying on did not cause the injury to go from weeks to months, he was already in a bad way after the initial jarring

Yes, and thats why he should have come off straight away. LW ballsed up in the first place by using all of his subs around the 65th minute..

matt_magpie
23-01-2024, 05:07 PM

You're wasting your time CBP. He actually admitted a while back when I argued it, that it well could have been a miss initial diagnosis by the medic when I argued there's 100% no chance anyone kept him on if they believed it was serious, god help Maynard, he's going to need to get a double promotion to get a satisfactory rating.

durhampie
23-01-2024, 05:16 PM
Did LW steal your garden gnomes or something Durham? Your judgment seems to have gone from excellent to somewhat questionable/weird over recent seasons IMHO. I always respect your home and away loyalty, but seriously, what's happened?

I just didnt connect with the guy Swale.. He was very fortunate to have been handed a team full of quality, and even IB would have taken us out of that league with those players. This season he has been exposed, Hence our poor away form. Thats why he jumped ship whilst his stock was still high, knowing that he couldn't stop the rot....Thats just me...

magpie_mania
23-01-2024, 05:27 PM

'he was already in a bad way after the initial jarring'

Whoever it was who made the decision for him to say on the pitch, it was clear he should go off.

Not saying that LW caused it as he may have thought he should come off, but I do think it was not right to use all the subs with half an hour to go.

kill_the_drum
23-01-2024, 05:27 PM
I just didnt connect with the guy Swale.. He was very fortunate to have been handed a team full of quality, and even IB would have taken us out of that league with those players. This season he has been exposed, Hence our poor away form. Thats why he jumped ship whilst his stock was still high, knowing that he couldn't stop the rot....Thats just me...

The only part of that statement I agree with is ‘that’s just you.’
Your posts are just so ridiculous and riddled with contradiction, I find it hard to believe you’re not just on a windup.

durhampie
23-01-2024, 05:39 PM
Yes, but unlike others who see him as some sort of messiah, I see him for what he is.. It will be interesting to see how long he lasts at Swansea. One point from six so far..

Elite_Pie
23-01-2024, 05:44 PM
I just didnt connect with the guy Swale.. He was very fortunate to have been handed a team full of quality, and even IB would have taken us out of that league with those players.

I think we would playing in the National League tonight if Burchnall was still in charge. He just didn’t have that spark that Luke Williams had that turns a team of gallant losers into a team of winners.

LaxtonLad
23-01-2024, 05:51 PM
Yes, and thats why he should have come off straight away. LW ballsed up in the first place by using all of his subs around the 65th minute..

You’re quite right qp, he carried on subbing in 3s though, even though there was no time left for them to gel. He knew how fragile and generous our defence was so I wonder if he really thought through what might happen?

maddogslater
23-01-2024, 05:59 PM
Dumb and dumber, tag teaming in crazy talk.

durhampie
23-01-2024, 06:11 PM

You speak for yourself..

Old_pie
23-01-2024, 06:12 PM

LW has given Notts the most exciting and watchable football for decades. He is part of the reason gates have improved which has resulted in the club operating better than budgeted. He identified a different role for Langstaff which resulted in an output unlikely ever to have been achieved by IB. Last season we would have absolutely romped the NL if it wasn't for moneybags Hollywood.

Jodi and Bostock have blossomed and resurrected their careers under his coaching and both of them, and Langstaff have nothing but praise for LW's style and attention to detail. I'll listen to them views far more than I'll pay any attention to your constant acerbic and negative views of much that the club attempts.

Elite_Pie
23-01-2024, 06:13 PM

It seems some on here have very short memories, it was only last May that we finally bucked the trend. Instead of ‘doing it the Notts way’ and being gallant failures we actually became winners. It was us who had the mental strength and desire to get over the line for once.

Instead of doing it the Notts way, we did it the Williams way.

durhampie
23-01-2024, 06:19 PM
I think we would playing in the National League tonight if Burchnall was still in charge. He just didn’t have that spark that Luke Williams had that turns a team of gallant losers into a team of winners.

IB didnt have the luxury of Macca, Scott, Bostock, Jones, Bajrami, Baldwin and Austin..

i961pie
23-01-2024, 06:22 PM

Is that your qualified medical opinion?

durhampie
23-01-2024, 06:55 PM
Is that your qualified medical opinion?

No, Just an observation of the amount of pain he appeared to be in at the time. He was kept on because Tranmere were looking dangerous and LW didnt want to lose the game with only 10 men, Having dropped a bo**ock by using all of the subs...

SmiffyPie
23-01-2024, 07:09 PM
He states that after the injury he felt he had to stay on for the good of the team. Would he have been taken off if there was a sub available? In all probability. Would he have decided to stay on if a sub was available? No. I think we all agree that to commit all the subs so early was a tactical error (one which LW didn't seem to take on board)

matt_magpie
23-01-2024, 07:38 PM
IB didnt have the luxury of Macca, Scott, Bostock, Jones, Bajrami, Baldwin and Austin..

Hold on you berated him for dropping Scott for Austin, you said Bostock was costing us points because he was his old mate (which he wasn’t) and as for Macca, Macca basically put it down to LW to making him the striker he is now.
He got 25 more points than IB and probably more impressive had +75 goal difference compared to IBs +29, not to mention losing 2 established very good players in Wooton and Roberts and replacing them from players a league below.

Elite_Pie
23-01-2024, 08:11 PM

Weird how you only jumped on board the Burchnall Bandwagon after Luke Williams left!

durhampie
23-01-2024, 09:03 PM
Weird how you only jumped on board the Burchnall Bandwagon after Luke Williams left!

I haven't jumped on his band wagon, I never liked him from day one.. when he took the piss about losing to that pub team in the semi final..

I was only making reference to the availability of players to each manager..

durhampie
23-01-2024, 09:08 PM
Hold on you berated him for dropping Scott for Austin, you said Bostock was costing us points because he was his old mate (which he wasn’t) and as for Macca, Macca basically put it down to LW to making him the striker he is now.
He got 25 more points than IB and probably more impressive had +75 goal difference compared to IBs +29, not to mention losing 2 established very good players in Wooton and Roberts and replacing them from players a league below.

Scott is better than Austin.. I could have got 25 more points with that team..

matt_magpie
23-01-2024, 09:23 PM
Scott is better than Austin.. I could have got 25 more points with that team..

Totally different players, Austin was decent last season. Of course you could 😂

crazyfists
24-01-2024, 05:15 PM
IB wouldn't have got us up last season too nice when he needed to be tough and didn't have that persona. When the chips are down, I feel he is the kind to be quite despondent, not galvanise the team as you need to do over a long season.

kill_the_drum
24-01-2024, 05:32 PM
I think IB could have finished us second and possibly won the playoffs but I don’t think it would have played out anything like what we had the pleasure of witnessing.
To say Williams was a poor manager because of what he inherited is just the same as saying Pep is a poor manager.
However nobody would ever say that because they’d sound like an absolute idiot.

Notts78
24-01-2024, 05:51 PM
I think IB could have finished us second and possibly won the playoffs but I don’t think it would have played out anything like what we had the pleasure of witnessing.
To say Williams was a poor manager because of what he inherited is just the same as saying Pep is a poor manager.
However nobody would ever say that because they’d sound like an absolute idiot.

Trust me. There are a couple on here that think Pep is massively overrated. That’s despite everyone IN the game saying otherwise.

SmiffyPie
24-01-2024, 05:57 PM
Trust me. There are a couple on here that think Pep is massively overrated. That’s despite everyone IN the game saying otherwise.Must have missed those comments about Pep. But there are a couple on here who have the audacity to voice their own opinion. That's despite everyone OUT of the game knowing bugger all (according to some on here who THINK they know it all).

legs77
24-01-2024, 06:32 PM

True but don’t forget Bostock/Baldwin were LW “mates” ����

As for LW fault for Tranmere as a coach you make decisions on how the game is going and that is the risk you take.

LW is not at fault for the injury at all as if you actually listen to the interview the other day that guy explained the injury so it clearly was not an ACL.

Just accept it is a freak injury that has took time to heal properly Cedwyn/we have been extremely unlucky with.

legs77
24-01-2024, 06:33 PM
Trust me. There are a couple on here that think Pep is massively overrated. That’s despite everyone IN the game saying otherwise.

Well overrated is questionable as he is clearly good BUT when you look at Barcelona and Man City it’s normal to think is he as good as the pundits say ???

Old_pie
24-01-2024, 10:10 PM
Must have missed those comments about Pep. But there are a couple on here who have the audacity to voice their own opinion. That's despite everyone OUT of the game knowing bugger all (according to some on here who THINK they know it all).

Yes, just buy some top players and the manager doesn't matter. Just ask Man U, Chelsea, Everton. Oh and all those managers who couldn't get Villa or Brentford moving just didn't have the right players obviously.

I recall a sales story where two guys were chatting on a train and it transpired one was head of marketing at Coca Cola. The other, observing yet another large advert for the product passing by, said "hey, everyone knows your product, why do you need to keep spending all that money on advertising?". The executive replied "this train is going along quite nicely, at 80mph, why bother with the engine any more?".

I'm sure in your previous life you must have felt the effects of good and poor leadership. But as you say, some on here THINK they know it all (which begs the question, why are they on here then?).

i961pie
25-01-2024, 06:00 AM
Must have missed those comments about Pep. But there are a couple on here who have the audacity to voice their own opinion. That's despite everyone OUT of the game knowing bugger all (according to some on here who THINK they know it all).

Apparently because he didn’t win the champions league at Bayern Munich he is overrated.

matt_magpie
25-01-2024, 07:49 AM
Peps the real deal he’s turned city into serial winners. Yes they’ve spent money, but as mentioned so have others.

Chicken Balti Pie
25-01-2024, 08:57 AM
Apparently because he didn’t win the champions league at Bayern Munich he is overrated.

Ask anyone connected to Bayern what they think of him. He regressed their team instead of progressing it. The stats do not lie

Chicken Balti Pie
25-01-2024, 08:58 AM
Peps the real deal he’s turned city into serial winners. Yes they’ve spent money, but as mentioned so have others.

City were already serial winners after spending billions... Mancini won them a load of trophies. If he's so good, why not take on a challenge and win something with an unfancied team?

TSANHO
25-01-2024, 09:16 AM
City were already serial winners after spending billions... Mancini won them a load of trophies. If he's so good, why not take on a challenge and win something with an unfancied team?

Yeah….like, I dunno, England!

matt_magpie
25-01-2024, 09:20 AM

They weren’t at all , Mancini won a prem and the FA cup in 4 years.
Peps won 5 prem, 2 fa cups, 4 league cups and the champions league in 7 years, that’s some up turn.

MapperleyMagpie
25-01-2024, 09:51 AM
Wow, I can't believe the amount of vitriol on here towards LW. Was I gutted when he left? YES, did I feel a little betrayed ? YES. However, in noway will I let those raw emotions confuse the way I will look back on LW tenure. Exciting, successful football and feeling proud to be a Notts fan once again. A club that feels together, in forward motion , connected to the fans. A team with players who would a few years back never have considered moving to to Notts, we were a backward team with backward owners. Yes, Luke had good players, yes the National League was weak but you still need personality, guidance, skill and drive to make a good team great.

Chicken Balti Pie
25-01-2024, 09:57 AM
They weren’t at all , Mancini won a prem and the FA cup in 4 years.
Peps won 5 prem, 2 fa cups, 4 league cups and the champions league in 7 years, that’s some up turn.

Also ignoring the work Pellegrini did and also the amount he spent. Honestly, I'd be impressed if he took Villa to the top, but he hasn't, I actually rate Emery more than Pep as he has done wonders at Villa

matt_magpie
25-01-2024, 10:25 AM
Also ignoring the work Pellegrini did and also the amount he spent. Honestly, I'd be impressed if he took Villa to the top, but he hasn't, I actually rate Emery more than Pep as he has done wonders at Villa

He won 1 prem in 3 years, 5 prems in 7 years is unbelievable, net spend over the years is behind Utd and I doubt there’s that much difference to Chelsea, he’s totally transformed that club.
I don’t think Emerys year at Villa overshadows his 10 or 11 championships over 15 years.

legs77
25-01-2024, 10:44 AM
Pep may have zero trophies at City soon though !!!

He is clearly a good coach but something is very off with him.

The guy clearly likes things stacked in his favour look at his career as a player (Brescia) and then 2/3 clubs he has coached have HUGE question marks over them

Chicken Balti Pie
25-01-2024, 11:44 AM
He won 1 prem in 3 years, 5 prems in 7 years is unbelievable, net spend over the years is behind Utd and I doubt there’s that much difference to Chelsea, he’s totally transformed that club.
I don’t think Emerys year at Villa overshadows his 10 or 11 championships over 15 years.

Net spend? So if the charges stick, it will be zero PL titles, Villa are an unfancied team yet he has them playing great football and competing at the right end of the table. Pep took over a title winning team and broke FFP

matt_magpie
25-01-2024, 11:50 AM
Net spend? So if the charges stick, it will be zero PL titles, Villa are an unfancied team yet he has them playing great football and competing at the right end of the table. Pep took over a title winning team and broke FFP

Well if you think Emerys better I’m certainly not going to your change your mind.

matt_magpie
25-01-2024, 12:00 PM
Pep may have zero trophies at City soon though !!!

He is clearly a good coach but something is very off with him.

The guy clearly likes things stacked in his favour look at his career as a player (Brescia) and then 2/3 clubs he has coached have HUGE question marks over them

Well Barca were never ran great. I’ve read up quite a bit on Spanish football, Perez had the Galaticos and to a certain extent made it work commercially, Barca had presidents trying to keep up and really weren’t on Perez’s level. The issue of late is there’s absolutely no money going into La Liga and it’s finally broke hence they’ve had to sign players you never thought they would and with the controls they now have over there. There were no rules broke just a club getting into massive amounts of debt at the time.
He could well lose all the titles but that’s out of his control. City basically will have to be charged with fraud for that to happen which is mainly centered around their sponsorship deals.
He’s competed with similar net spends, yes there’s question wether city should have been able to buy the players but judged on players values bought against players sold its less than united.

legs77
25-01-2024, 01:01 PM
Well Barca were never ran great. I’ve read up quite a bit on Spanish football, Perez had the Galaticos and to a certain extent made it work commercially, Barca had presidents trying to keep up and really weren’t on Perez’s level. The issue of late is there’s absolutely no money going into La Liga and it’s finally broke hence they’ve had to sign players you never thought they would and with the controls they now have over there. There were no rules broke just a club getting into massive amounts of debt at the time.
He could well lose all the titles but that’s out of his control. City basically will have to be charged with fraud for that to happen which is mainly centered around their sponsorship deals.
He’s competed with similar net spends, yes there’s question wether city should have been able to buy the players but judged on players values bought against players sold its less than united.

Im talking about Barca bribing refs.

Guess who the directors are at City now ?

He also failed drug tests as a player in Italy

Seems cheating follows him around or maybe he is really unlucky.

The bestm manager in England is Klopp and by some distance too.

ReadWarbler
25-01-2024, 03:37 PM
Just to go off topic welcome to Notts Jaden

1955pie
25-01-2024, 03:58 PM
Just to go off topic welcome to Notts Jaden

:o

i961pie
25-01-2024, 04:29 PM
Ask anyone connected to Bayern what they think of him. He regressed their team instead of progressing it. The stats do not lie
Q
Old Cloughie was overrated he was crap at Leeds ask their supporters.