PDA

View Full Version : 📺Training session on youtube & official site

Oldstripy
25-01-2024, 05:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYc2IhT2UiQ

And on the official site.

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2024/january/watch-micd-up-training-250124/

Could'vebeenacontender
25-01-2024, 07:02 PM
Looks like a happy ship
Long may it continue

ncfcog
25-01-2024, 07:08 PM
Great stuff. Nice to se the impetus on intensity is still key. Working on defensive shape as well. Looking forward to Saturday!

TSANHO
25-01-2024, 07:19 PM
Which one is the manager?! I hope it’s clear amongst them all who is number one, they were shouting over each other an awful lot. I don’t know why but something isn’t sitting right with me, hopefully Saturday will soothe my worries.

durhampie
25-01-2024, 07:32 PM
Which one is the manager?! I hope it’s clear amongst them all who is number one, they were shouting over each other an awful lot. I don’t know why but something isn’t sitting right with me, hopefully Saturday will soothe my worries.

We dont have have a manager, just an Head Coach. But it did look as though the assistant coach was the one calling the shots...

SmiffyPie
25-01-2024, 07:42 PM
We dont have have a manager, just an Head Coach. But it did look as though the assistant coach was the one calling the shots...I think he said something along those lines on his first interview (?) his assistant takes the training and he sets the game play. Very much a two man operation and ideas are bounced off each other. As long as it works eh?

kill_the_drum
25-01-2024, 07:50 PM

Well we all know who he is so not sure why the players wouldn’t.
It’s completely normal for different coaches to lead on different areas. SM constantly uses the term management team for a reason.
As long as the management are all pulling in the same direction, it doesn’t matter who is shouting the loudest.

legs77
25-01-2024, 07:55 PM

Maynard picks the team so he is the main man so to speak.

It’s worth remembering one of the best ever managers Alex Ferguson never took training sessions at Man Utd he left that to his number two and what he was great at was knowing when it needed to freshen up.

This isn’t Alan Hardy picking the main man we have done our homework on them but of course you need to be both good and lucky !

matt_magpie
25-01-2024, 09:09 PM
I think he said something along those lines on his first interview (?) his assistant takes the training and he sets the game play. Very much a two man operation and ideas are bounced off each other. As long as it works eh?

Exactly, it’s quite normal having the assistant doing the training and the manager observing. He does seem a strong character and that’s a good thing, tbf they probably compliment each other quite well.

uysapie
25-01-2024, 09:27 PM
They were recruited as an existing team and know how each other operates.

1955pie
26-01-2024, 12:45 AM

They are only allowed one on the touch line.

slack_pie
26-01-2024, 05:51 AM
They were recruited as an existing team and know how each other operates.

Exactly. It's not like Saunders is trying to steal his thunder. That's just how they operate as a team.

PedroTheFisherman66
26-01-2024, 06:30 AM
I'm amazed any one can find anything negative to say about such a short uninformative clip about the training session ?!

kill_the_drum
26-01-2024, 06:40 AM
I'm amazed any one can find anything negative to say about such a short uninformative clip about the training session ?!

I agree.
I’m guessing those people didn’t want him in the first place.

magpie_mania
26-01-2024, 08:18 AM

Absolutely agree. I saw coaches working hard and being encouraging to the players. It is team management / coaching - maybe SM had taken a couple to one side to work on something specific.

One thing I really like about SM is that he always seems to have a smile on his face - if he can keep the players enjoying it then that is a great start. I am upbeat about this appointment.

the_anticlough
26-01-2024, 08:44 AM
One thing I really like about SM is that he always seems to have a smile on his face - if he can keep the players enjoying it then that is a great start. I am upbeat about this appointment.

Yes, maintaining a positive, upbeat vibe can only help us for the rest of the season.
Same as the blokes below, it helps keep the spirits up

caj85
26-01-2024, 09:10 AM

Unfortunately I'm not amazed at all. Every fan base has he glass half empty crew just like they have the always glass half full.

To me the positives from such a small glimpse we got are that everyone looks to be enjoying things and there's a harmony around the place. Granted this could just be edited to include only happy clips and the other side could be full on battle royal fights.

SmiffyPie
26-01-2024, 09:33 AM
Unfortunately I'm not amazed at all. Every fan base has he glass half empty crew just like they have the always glass half full.Yes but this is even before a pint is pulled. The guy could be a complete revelation or a complete disaster but until we see I don't get the negativity. (I wasn't impressed when he was being touted as the new bloke but he's here now so at least give him (them) a chance).

PedroTheFisherman66
26-01-2024, 01:36 PM
Unfortunately I'm not amazed at all. Every fan base has he glass half empty crew just like they have the always glass half full.

To me the positives from such a small glimpse we got are that everyone looks to be enjoying things and there's a harmony around the place. Granted this could just be edited to include only happy clips and the other side could be full on battle royal fights.

Propoganda! Surely not !!

SmiffyPie
27-01-2024, 10:04 AM
Sounded like a well run session to me. Each coach watching and instructing his players as it should be, did you hear "Kyle, Kyle here, here" and him being pulled over to cover the left side (Attacking down that side and the defender forward (WB or gone to a 4?) so cover pulled over?) Can't wait to spot the difference.

magpie_mania
27-01-2024, 10:11 AM
Sounded like a well run session to me. Each coach watching and instructing his players as it should be, did you hear "Kyle, Kyle here, here" and him being pulled over to cover the left side (Attacking down that side and the defender forward (WB or gone to a 4?) so cover pulled over?) Can't wait to spot the difference.

It's going to be a strange experience today - half the time I'll be watching for how we have changed the defence. As Swansea don't have a game, wonder if LW might give us a watch to see how to do it?

Really looking forward to it.