PDA

View Full Version : Observations…

ManchesterMagpie
10-02-2024, 12:39 PM
A couple of observations from a Kop season ticket holder / infrequent poster:

1. We have some proper bellends supposedly ‘supporting’ the club these days. Having a go at a new manager after 3 games. Having a go at players on Twitter. Having a go at other Notts fans who don’t always “stand up if they love County”

2. We appear to have a lot of fans who seemingly need to go for a dump just before kick off and again at half time. Either there’s something in the pies or something going up their noses. Never known queues like it for the cubicles…!

Perhaps the 2 points are related.

Anyway - normal service to resume at Wrexham next week. 😂👍

WarsopPie
10-02-2024, 12:51 PM

1. We have some proper bellends supposedly ‘supporting’ the club these days. Having a go at a new manager after 3 games. Having a go at players on Twitter. Having a go at other Notts fans who don’t always “stand up if they love County”

2. We appear to have a lot of fans who seemingly need to go for a dump just before kick off and again at half time. Either there’s something in the pies or something going up their noses. Never known queues like it for the cubicles…!

This cracked me up 😆

TSANHO
10-02-2024, 05:32 PM
The back of the kop is basically a delinquent youth club. They’ve little to zero interest in the football and spend most of the time vaping, taking drugs, chatting sh1t, or throwing each other hats down the stands.

crazyfists
10-02-2024, 05:38 PM

Ha ha good post, I think the 2 are definitely related!

Glad2BeAPie
10-02-2024, 05:56 PM

So you're expecting us to lose at Newport on Tuesday then. Brilliant

SmiffyPie
10-02-2024, 06:44 PM
So you're expecting us to lose at Newport on Tuesday then. BrilliantAre you expecting us to win?

Elite_Pie
10-02-2024, 08:42 PM
My observations (Kop fans toilet habits not included):

1. Ashby-Hammond has to start on Tuesday.
2. We have defenders good on the ball, but not good at defending.
3. Matty Palmer is a massive loss, but Robertson gets better every game.
4. Our attack is no longer as productive as it should be.

Apart from observation 1, I'm struggling to offer solutions.

DaveSmithRules
10-02-2024, 10:44 PM

Agree with all these. Another observation I'd pose is that we lack leadership on the field. Particularly in defence.

The obvious solution to that is to change our captain. I remember being delighted when Cameron signed a new contract in the close season. But he's looked out of his depth ever since.

Not sure who I'd give it to tho. JOB would be the obvious candidate but he doesn't start regularly enough. This might have to be something that waits til the summer perhaps?

ncfcog
11-02-2024, 02:40 PM

Agree with these except for item 1. If you think Stone is bad wait until you see Ashby-Hammond! He was a cheap back up option for Stone whilst allowing for Brooks to go out on loan again for more first team experience.

Also agree with DSR regarding Cameron, quietest captain I've ever seen.

drillerpie
11-02-2024, 02:55 PM
Agree with all these. Another observation I'd pose is that we lack leadership on the field. Particularly in defence.

The obvious solution to that is to change our captain. I remember being delighted when Cameron signed a new contract in the close season. But he's looked out of his depth ever since.

Not sure who I'd give it to tho. JOB would be the obvious candidate but he doesn't start regularly enough. This might have to be something that waits til the summer perhaps?

I'd say Baldwin. If not then Bostock or Macca.

matt_magpie
11-02-2024, 03:00 PM
I'd say Baldwin. If not then Bostock or Macca.

I think Baldwin is the best choice, the responsibility might also focus his mind as his professionalism has been questioned before. That said why hasn’t he signed a new contract yet as I would be shocked if the club hasn’t offered him one.

drillerpie
11-02-2024, 03:29 PM
I think Baldwin is the best choice, the responsibility might also focus his mind as his professionalism has been questioned before. That said why hasn’t he signed a new contract yet as I would be shocked if the club hasn’t offered him one.

Yeah, good point.

jackal2
11-02-2024, 03:53 PM

All fair points.

Regarding the attack, confidence in football is key, especially with the fluent way we want to play.

I think the number of goals we've conceded has finally taken its toll on the confidence of the whole team, and hesitancy has crept into the way we're playing. This turns us from a good looking team into a disorganised and deflated one very quickly, as we saw against Gillingham. In the first 20 minutes we played well and scored a great goal, but when the Gills equalised you could see psychological impact it had.

Ergo, we must focus on stopping conceding goals at all costs, no matter what tactical or personnel changes are necessary to to do that. We've got to get back to basics, give ourselves a solid base upon which to build, and in turn that will help the overall confidence of the team, including the attackers.

On a bright note, it's easier to improve the way a team defends than to generate goals out of players who don't know how to score. We know we've plenty of goalscoring ability in the team and it won't have evaporated. Keep more clean sheets and the strikers will get enough goals to win us games.

sidders
11-02-2024, 04:21 PM
As a non-spectator but continued club supporter who tunes into this board and media stuff on Notts, one observation that I would make concerns McGoldrick, Bostock and O Brien. Are these not players approaching career ends and might this season have simply worn them out?
In line with Jackal 2's consistently insightful observations, is the position of keeper and the lack of a quality player in that position not psychologically undermining the whole team? Such a shame. In the past we have been spoiled at Notts by having an unbroken run (until recent times) of outstanding number 1's?

Pietastic
11-02-2024, 04:40 PM
My observations;

1) No monorail news for ages

2) Arguably National League standard not different from League 2 (last season everyone saying how it's the hardest league to get out of etc)

3) The same team we have now were near top of the league just a few weeks ago

NottsNotCounty
11-02-2024, 09:04 PM
New to this board so please don’t shoot me down in flames if this is the wrong thread to post this….

Sam Austin for me is perhaps a player that should be given a run of games down the right hand side in place of Nemane, Namane like most posters have pointed out elsewhere is pretty weak when it comes to defending. Austin has played this position before (Kidderminster) so I would hope he could strengthen us up in that area, but each time he comes off the bench and plays wide it seems to always be down the left on his weaker side. On Friday when he came on, from memory he must have taken on the full back and put in at least 4 crosses in the 15 or so minutes he was on the pitch, could he replicate that on the right with his stronger foot with adding to the defensive duties and also maintaining a willingness to get at a fullback.

nw6pie
11-02-2024, 09:23 PM
New to this board so please don’t shoot me down in flames if this is the wrong thread to post this….

Sam Austin for me is perhaps a player that should be given a run of games down the right hand side in place of Nemane, Namane like most posters have pointed out elsewhere is pretty weak when it comes to defending. Austin has played this position before (Kidderminster) so I would hope he could strengthen us up in that area, but each time he comes off the bench and plays wide it seems to always be down the left on his weaker side. On Friday when he came on, from memory he must have taken on the full back and put in at least 4 crosses in the 15 or so minutes he was on the pitch, could he replicate that on the right with his stronger foot with adding to the defensive duties and also maintaining a willingness to get at a fullback.

I’d like to see Austin start in place of Nemane on Tuesday. One thing I really don’t want to see again is players playing out of position - and keep Jodi Jones on the left.

matt_magpie
11-02-2024, 09:40 PM
I’d like to see Austin start in place of Nemane on Tuesday. One thing I really don’t want to see again is players playing out of position - and keep Jodi Jones on the left.

In an interview for us he said he did play on the right at Cov and said he liked it as he could cut in make things happen but was getting use to the left.

durhampie
11-02-2024, 11:59 PM
In an interview for us he said he did play on the right at Cov and said he liked it as he could cut in make things happen but was getting use to the left.

He is crap..

the_anticlough
12-02-2024, 02:17 AM
Adebayo-Rowling has been a sub for SM's 3 games. To cover what?
If he doesn't get a go now he never will, and he might as well start looking for another club from tomorrow.

kill_the_drum
12-02-2024, 08:49 AM
I agree that I think the goals we’re conceding is impacting the confidence of the team.
I can’t help but think moving to a 4-2-3-1 would suit us better, certainly away from home.

Stone
TAR, Warner, Baldwin, Cameron
Bostock, Robertson
Crowley, Didsy, Jones
Langstaff

I’m a fan of Nemane but he looks devoid of confidence at the moment.
I’d also be just as happy swapping Langstaff, Didsy.

slack_pie
12-02-2024, 09:05 AM

I think he played on the right away at Doncaster and was excellent. Might be worth a try.

matt_magpie
12-02-2024, 09:22 AM
He is crap..

I’m on about Jones 😂

matt_magpie
12-02-2024, 09:27 AM
I agree that I think the goals we’re conceding is impacting the confidence of the team.
I can’t help but think moving to a 4-2-3-1 would suit us better, certainly away from home.

Stone
Bostock, Robertson
Crowley, Didsy, Jones
Langstaff

I think that formation and team is a very good shout at the moment, maybe even have JOB in for Bostock to give him a bit of a rest at least for a game or two.

durhampie
12-02-2024, 10:02 AM
I’m on about Jones ��

Sorry, i thought you were on about Nemane...

Gimpymoo
12-02-2024, 10:07 AM
The back of the kop is basically a delinquent youth club. They’ve little to zero interest in the football and spend most of the time vaping, taking drugs, chatting sh1t, or throwing each other hats down the stands.

That comment is spot on.

Been that way for a few years.

Stewards do absolutely nothing but it is comical, the drug use is obvious.

More funny that their seats are not where they "stand" so you normally have four kids sharing one seat etc. Total joke.

If that creché is the future of the clubs "support", funny stuff.

matt_magpie
12-02-2024, 12:13 PM
Sorry, i thought you were on about Nemane...

No worries, I do think Nemame needs to come out now for a bit and especially if Crowleys not supporting as much over there with those balls around the corner as he seemed a bit more central Friday.

kill_the_drum
13-02-2024, 07:08 PM

Stone
Bostock, Robertson
Crowley, Didsy, Jones
Langstaff

I wasn’t far out.
Hopefully it gives us a good balance

matt_magpie
13-02-2024, 07:16 PM
I wasn’t far out.
Hopefully it gives us a good balance

I was pleased to see it, whether it’s the long term solution I don’t know but we had to do something.

kill_the_drum
13-02-2024, 07:18 PM
I was pleased to see it, whether it’s the long term solution I don’t know but we had to do something.

Agreed, I’d be more than happy reverting back when at home.
Treat every away game like a point is decent and every home game like a must win.