PDA

View Full Version : Wrexham Away

Arch77MP
10-02-2024, 07:58 PM
Anyone from Derby going on the coaches to Wrexham from Meadow Lane? Possibly train strikes getting to Nottingham from Derby so was looking for a lift if possible.

Failing that, if I drive - where near ML could I park for the day?

Elite_Pie
10-02-2024, 08:18 PM
Anyone from Derby going on the coaches to Wrexham from Meadow Lane? Possibly train strikes getting to Nottingham from Derby so was looking for a lift if possible.

Failing that, if I drive - where near ML could I park for the day?

You probably know this, but if the train isn't an option Trent Barton run a regular Red Arrow service from Derby to Nottingham. I think they are still doing the £2 single fare but it drops you in the city centre so a 25 minute walk to Meadow Lane.

Regarding parking, there is a lot of free street parking close to Meadow Lane. Forest have a home game the same day but that won't be a problem at the time you would arrive. Google Freeth Street / Holme Street and you're 5 minutes walk away.

Glad2BeAPie
10-02-2024, 10:46 PM
You probably know this, but if the train isn't an option Trent Barton run a regular Red Arrow service from Derby to Nottingham. I think they are still doing the £2 single fare but it drops you in the city centre so a 25 minute walk to Meadow Lane.

Regarding parking, there is a lot of free street parking close to Meadow Lane. Forest have a home game the same day but that won't be a problem at the time you would arrive. Google Freeth Street / Holme Street and you're 5 minutes walk away.
£2 fare isn't valid on the Red Arrow service, it is tho on the i4 service from friar lane

Arch77MP
11-02-2024, 10:35 AM
Thanks I’ll have a nosey. Appreciate the reply.

Glad2BeAPie
11-02-2024, 07:01 PM
Thanks I’ll have a nosey. Appreciate the reply.

From Trent Barton Site

All trentbarton services are offering the £2 single fare except for red arrow, which does not meet the Government’s conditions for its funding. If you’re keen to make use of the £2 single between Derby and Nottingham you can still use our indigo or i4.