PDA

View Full Version : John Nelms interview in Scottish Mail on Sunday

islaydarkblue
15-02-2024, 01:25 AM
https://www.pressreader.com/uk/the-scottish-mail-on-sunday/20240211/283218743078148

islaydarkblue
15-02-2024, 02:08 PM
I am astounded that there have been no posts about the above article particularly concerned two important comments made in it.
1. John Nelms stated that if everything goes according to plan next season will be the last season that Dundee Football Club play their home games in Dens Park.
Returnofrros had better change his deadline date to the beginning of August 2025 on his topic if Nelms plans prove correct.
2. John Nelms stated that he hoped that funding for the new stadium could be found without selling Dens Park.
If Dark Blue Property Holdings Limited (DBPHL) do not have funding already in place for their new stadium development then they might as well give up their new stadium dream as DBPHL have already borrowed funds from the financial firm Soho Green secured over both their new stadium development site at Camperdown and Dens Park stadium which have to be repaid.

Returnofrros
15-02-2024, 02:53 PM
Every single person I've spoken to in construction has said it won't happen in that time frame.

I picked up on him calling it his greatest achievement......maybe tells you more than rest of the interview.

Deeranged
15-02-2024, 03:52 PM
I am astounded that there have been no posts about the above article particularly concerned two important comments made in it.
1. John Nelms stated that if everything goes according to plan next season will be the last season that Dundee Football Club play their home games in Dens Park.
Returnofrros had better change his deadline date to the beginning of August 2025 on his topic if Nelms plans prove correct.
2. John Nelms stated that he hoped that funding for the new stadium could be found without selling Dens Park.
If Dark Blue Property Holdings Limited (DBPHL) do not have funding already in place for their new stadium development then they might as well give up their new stadium dream as DBPHL have already borrowed funds from the financial firm Soho Green secured over both their new stadium development site at Camperdown and Dens Park stadium which have to be repaid.

Can't read it because when I try to scroll down it moves to a different story.

BCram
15-02-2024, 04:49 PM

Exactly. but we won't be playing in Campy either.

Deeranged
15-02-2024, 06:04 PM
Exactly. but we won't be playing in Campy either.

I'll buy a season ticket for Dens or any new stadium, if it comes off, but they can sing for a penny off me if they're playing a season at Tannadice

The AuldYin
15-02-2024, 06:08 PM
I couldn't be arsed replying because the man is a complete fantasist.

Returnofrros
15-02-2024, 08:04 PM
Admittedly it is funny watching the DABS get in a seethe cause they think their Easter egg rolling rights are being impinged 😆

Deeranged
15-02-2024, 08:17 PM
Admittedly it is funny watching the DABS get in a seethe cause they think their Easter egg rolling rights are being impinged ��

Guy called Cybershed must be rocking back and forward furiously, arms folded, hunched over and repeating shed rule, shed rule, shed rule under his breath over and over.

Imagine what people like that will be like if this ever actually comes off. We should probably expect planning to ask for revised plans that include a sanitorium designated to the rest and recuperation of those who just can't handle supporting ****e.

BCram
15-02-2024, 08:34 PM
I'll buy a season ticket for Dens or any new stadium, if it comes off, but they can sing for a penny off me if they're playing a season at Tannadice
Interesting point of view. Wonder if it is shared by many Dees and Dabs?

Returnofrros
15-02-2024, 08:38 PM
Guy called Cybershed must be rocking back and forward furiously, arms folded, hunched over and repeating shed rule, shed rule, shed rule under his breath over and over.

Imagine what people like that will be like if this ever actually comes off. We should probably expect planning to ask for revised plans that include a sanitorium designated to the rest and recuperation of those who just can't handle supporting ****e.

If if if if, (believe it when I see it) it's built and THEY have to move to campy they will scream and scream and scream.

It's funny how they all take their bairns to play on that scrubland every Sunday......1. because they don't and 2. These ****s shouldn't be allowed to breed.

What it's shown to me though is how ridiculous this Nelmsy timeline is.

Returnofrros
15-02-2024, 08:42 PM

Wouldn't bother that many dabs us playing at tannadice, would bother the majority of Dundee supporters though I wud have thought.

Anyway Nelmsy has promised 🤔 that ain't happening but it might and I'd say pretty much will if Campy falls.

islaydarkblue
15-02-2024, 08:58 PM
Can't read it because when I try to scroll down it moves to a different story.
It works fine when I click on the Press Reader link.

Deeranged
16-02-2024, 07:05 AM

Honestly don't care and best of luck to any Dundee fan that's happy to see Dundee FC play home games at Tannadice - I'm just not especially now because I don't have a huge amount of trust in the integrity of our current leadership.

Deeranged
16-02-2024, 07:06 AM
It works fine when I click on the Press Reader link.

Well, as I say, it doesn't for me.

islaydarkblue
16-02-2024, 06:32 PM
Well, as I say, it doesn't for me.
You can also read it on the Dark Blues Forum.