PDA

View Full Version : Berge

alfinyalcabo
03-03-2024, 06:40 PM
On the plus side,I was quite impressed with him today,thought he had a good game all round. Think he will improve even more next season in the Championship.

The Bedlington Terrier
03-03-2024, 07:13 PM
He's a top quality player and a steal at £11 million.

ClaretinBudapest
03-03-2024, 08:12 PM
On the plus side,I was quite impressed with him today,thought he had a good game all round. Think he will improve even more next season in the Championship.

He had a good game today-he should charge forward more often.Cullen was a welcome addition also.

The Bedlington Terrier
04-03-2024, 02:26 AM
He had a good game today-he should charge forward more often.Cullen was a welcome addition also.

Kompany is an idiot. Cullen player of the season 2022/23, he's neat and tidy, puts his foot in and shows 100% commitment in every game he plays.

Brownhill gets a red, Cullen gets the armband, Kompany is bonkers.

Vintage Claret
04-03-2024, 09:57 AM
There seems to be no one at Burnley FC who takes any responsibility for anything.

ALK have taken a profitable club deep into debt, is the problem with ALK or the previous owners selling the club in such a way.

The current board allegedly blame the recruitment of poor players for this seasons woes. Since the championship winning team were deemed not good enough to play in the premier league before any ball was even kicked, so they, whoever they are, recruited the current team paying out several million pounds, not including wages, for players who are definately not capable of playing in the premier league.

Yet no one takes any responsibility, was it Kompany who decided the championship winning team was not good enough, and recruited the current team players, if so he should have been replaced before Christmas. Alternatively have we some secret footballing guru who selects and deals with recruitment, again if the board are saying we got the recruitment so badly wrong then the recruitment team should be replaced.

However, as chairman the buck stops with Alan Pace, he need to get a grip of the situation and sort out this mess, but I can't see that happening. He is still trying to bask in last seasons glory given to him by players not deemed good enough for the premier league.

All we seem to hear from Pace is he is trying to get more investment into the club, is that so they can waste even more money on poor quality players.

It is now obvious to Stan's blind man that we will be relegated, the only person who appears to think differently is Vincent Kompany.

kritichris
04-03-2024, 11:10 AM
All we seem to hear from Pace is he is trying to get more investment into the club, is that so they can waste even more money on poor quality players.

They won't attract any investment from this seasons showing.

army88
04-03-2024, 01:39 PM
There seems to be no one at Burnley FC who takes any responsibility for anything.

ALK have taken a profitable club deep into debt, is the problem with ALK or the previous owners selling the club in such a way.

The current board allegedly blame the recruitment of poor players for this seasons woes. Since the championship winning team were deemed not good enough to play in the premier league before any ball was even kicked, so they, whoever they are, recruited the current team paying out several million pounds, not including wages, for players who are definately not capable of playing in the premier league.

Yet no one takes any responsibility, was it Kompany who decided the championship winning team was not good enough, and recruited the current team players, if so he should have been replaced before Christmas. Alternatively have we some secret footballing guru who selects and deals with recruitment, again if the board are saying we got the recruitment so badly wrong then the recruitment team should be replaced.

However, as chairman the buck stops with Alan Pace, he need to get a grip of the situation and sort out this mess, but I can't see that happening. He is still trying to bask in last seasons glory given to him by players not deemed good enough for the premier league.

It is now obvious to Stan's blind man that we will be relegated, the only person who appears to think differently is Vincent Kompany.

2. Matt Lowton - too old didn’t feature

3. Charlie Taylor - current

4. Jack Cork- current

5. Taylor Harwood-Bellis - loan we couldn’t afford

6. CJ Egan-Riley on loan didn’t feature

7. Johann Berg Gudmundsson - played more than he should have tbh

8. Josh Brownhill - under achieving- - current

9. Jay Rodriguez - current

10. Ashley Barnes - age

11. Scott Twine - current - loan -

14. Connor Roberts - discipline issues - current - loan.

15. Bailey Peacock-Farrell - loan didn’t play much

16. Bobby Thomas gone - didn’t play

18. Ashley Westwood - injured - left too old

20. Maxwel Cornet - sold to stabilise

21. Luke McNally - loaned

22. Vitinho - current

24. Josh Cullen- current

25. Will Norris - gone didn’t feature

26. Samuel Bastien loaned out didn’t feature really

28. Kevin Long loaned - too old

29. Ian Maatsen returned to parent club - too expensive - didn’t want to come

32. Adam Phillips gone

33. Joe McGlynn

38. Lewis Richardson

39. Owen Dodgson - loaned out.

42. Mark Helm

48. Ne-Jai Tucker

49. Arijanet Muric current squad doesn’t featur

50. Nathan Tella - Southampton wouldn’t deal seemed too expensive

51 . Jordan Beyer - injured most of season

52. Manuel Benson - current

53 . Anas Zaroury - current - bad attitude doesn’t turn up for training

54 Hajmar Ekdal injured all time - current

55. Dara Costello - loan current

56 . Michael Obafemi - current loan - injured

I might have missed one or two but when you read the above there isn’t that much difference to last season.

ballcock
04-03-2024, 05:04 PM
Another fire sale and reset awaits this summer. Berge will be sold to pave the way for another brigade of waiths and strays from Europe, if VK is still at the helm

sinkov
05-03-2024, 10:08 AM
Have to disagree somewhat on Berge, for me he's a bit of a disappointment. Certainly he's a talented player, but he doesn't run the team the way Barkley does for Luton. When he drives forward with the ball he looks good, but defensively he's next to hopeless, opponents run past him like he's not there and once they're past him they leave him for dead. In a good team he might be OK, we need better, but he's as good as we've got, which is why we're in the bottom three.

Tap in MN
05-03-2024, 05:17 PM
He's a top quality player and a steal at £11 million.

Can't agree with you on this one BT. Just too slow to ever become a force in the EPL. If anyone offers 11 m I would say snatch their hand off.

Tap in MN
05-03-2024, 05:49 PM
Why was the problem with Roberts not resolved? I have watched him playing for Leeds twice and he did well. Grudge, grudge???. This year's team bears no resemblance to last years. No TBH,Tella, Maatsen,often no Cullen, Benson,Zaroury, Roberts, Beyer. How many goals did Tella, Benson, Zaroury score between them, more than forty I would guess.

army88
06-03-2024, 11:14 AM
Why was the problem with Roberts not resolved? I have watched him playing for Leeds twice and he did well. Grudge, grudge???. This year's team bears no resemblance to last years. No TBH,Tella, Maatsen,often no Cullen, Benson,Zaroury, Roberts, Beyer. How many goals did Tella, Benson, Zaroury score between them, more than forty I would guess.

He’s a mad welsh man Tap in - I can only think that when he played and was sent off him and VK had words and Robert’s had alot to say and not acceptable- after that he didn’t feature much for us - zaroury I had on deccent authority that he just came and went as he pleased - late training disruptive.

Thing is the step up is enormous and getting bigger to be competitive- our real problems are that we can’t defend and we can’t score ( bad mixture ).

VK has come out and said this as much as today I think.

Tap in MN
07-03-2024, 02:59 AM
As you say Army, incredibly bad mixture, insurmountable problem for any team as we have proved.
I have no idea what passed between VK and Roberts but I think it is the management's job to at least attempt to restore harmony. Maybe VK did who knows. Zaroury is very young and should not have been allowed to do as he pleases. Maybe his parents were contacted, may be they
weren't but they should have been. In his part of the world most parents are still respected. It's been a disappointing season in more ways
than one.