PDA

View Full Version : Hoping Epsom is okay after his op?

mickd1961
06-03-2024, 12:03 AM
Hopefully he’ll update us soon.

Epsombaggie
06-03-2024, 09:58 AM
Many thanks Mick. Yes I'm home but feeling a bit sore and tired - I was out on the same day armed with painkillers and dressings (which seems to be the norm these days). I'm supposed to rest up for at least a week and my other half is really stepping up to the mark. Hoping for a win tonight but would settle for a draw given the opposition's current form

phild
06-03-2024, 10:35 AM
Good to see you're on the mend EB - all the best

mickd1961
06-03-2024, 10:54 AM
Many thanks Mick. Yes I'm home but feeling a bit sore and tired - I was out on the same day armed with painkillers and dressings (which seems to be the norm these days). I'm supposed to rest up for at least a week and my other half is really stepping up to the mark. Hoping for a win tonight but would settle for a draw given the opposition's current form

Excellent news Epsom.

Probably best not to rely on Albion to give spirits a lift though eh!?

baggieal
06-03-2024, 11:00 AM
Glad you’re ok Epsom and made it. I had a major operation and first time I was put to sleep - absolutely terrified and had to wait for 10 minutes in the room as my blood pressure went sky high. You do think - will I wake up! I did anyway and hated it!

Let the Mrs get you breakfast in bed!

mickd1961
06-03-2024, 12:18 PM
Glad you’re ok Epsom and made it. I had a major operation and first time I was put to sleep - absolutely terrified and had to wait for 10 minutes in the room as my blood pressure went sky high. You do think - will I wake up! I did anyway and hated it!

Let the Mrs get you breakfast in bed!

I’ve been put out a couple of times and tbh I quite enjoyed it.

The thought of dying on the table doesn’t bother me as I won’t be knowing anything about it.

Q165
06-03-2024, 02:01 PM
Good to see you back Epsom. Take care.

Dubbag
06-03-2024, 02:26 PM
Welcome back Eps old chap.

mickd1961
06-03-2024, 02:28 PM
I’ve been put out a couple of times and tbh I quite enjoyed it.

The thought of dying on the table doesn’t bother me as I won’t be knowing anything about it.

I’ve just booked in to have a cartilage operation on my left knee on Good Friday, I can’t think of a better excuse not to go on a day trip!

BRING IT ON!

boingy
06-03-2024, 03:41 PM
Welcome back Epsom. Glad you are in the mend.

boingy
06-03-2024, 03:44 PM
I’ve just booked in to have a cartilage operation on my left knee on Good Friday, I can’t think of a better excuse not to go on a day trip!

BRING IT ON!

I had a keyhole cartilage op Mick. I turned it inside out playing tennis. (I used to chase everything) The young blonde nurse asked me if I wanted to stay the night. Best offer I’d had in ages.

mickd1961
06-03-2024, 04:09 PM
I had a keyhole cartilage op Mick. I turned it inside out playing tennis. (I used to chase everything) The young blonde nurse asked me if I wanted to stay the night. Best offer I’d had in ages.

I should be so lucky but you never know mate, I am going privately! 🤣

How long was your recovery?

I had both knees done in 1989 on the same day (my request to save time taken off from training) and it was painful and it took months before I was running again even though it was keyhole surgery.

This time my surgeon tells me I’ll be up and out of hospital same day without crutches and back to walking distances in 10-14 days.

I’m skeptical based on my experience 35 years ago which didn’t feel like the dark ages at the time.

Ironically, the surgeon who did me 35 years ago is the same bloke who trained my present surgeon Marcus Brown.

By the way, if anyone here if having knee trouble Marcus Brown is an excellent guy to deal with at The Priory Hospital in Brum.