PDA

View Full Version : Chance to go top

hopelesslyoptimistic
11-03-2024, 09:07 AM
I believe we play again before Leicester do so a win by 2 goals takes up to 1st.

Not sure any of us would have predicted that back in October.

CalverleyBoy
11-03-2024, 12:42 PM
I believe we play again before Leicester do so a win by 2 goals takes up to 1st.

Not sure any of us would have predicted that back in October.

It's a must win Ipswich play Sheffield on Saturday and after their recent loss I suspect they will thrash them putting us temporarily in third. Hopefully Leicester go to extra time and win against Chelski

WTF11
11-03-2024, 02:24 PM
It's a must win Ipswich play Sheffield on Saturday and after their recent loss I suspect they will thrash them putting us temporarily in third. Hopefully Leicester go to extra time and win against Chelski

Possibly, but its incredibly tight in the relegation zone (by that I mean from 15 - 23). Discounting Rotherham, who are surely relegated, only five points cover 15 - 23 so just about all those teams will be very keen to get any points they can (three points would lift Wendies from 23rd to 20th). They might surprise the tractor boys (and us!).

hopelesslyoptimistic
11-03-2024, 04:01 PM
Fair point and a lot of teams in this league seem to ‘have a performance in them’.

That said if we keep churning out results with the one game at a time mentality then it may be hard for others to keep up.

Of the other three teams would prefer it if Leicester didn’t go up.

norfolk white
11-03-2024, 07:37 PM
Pray for a win, dread to think of old yellow teeth beating us.