PDA

View Full Version : MK Franchise.

gazan
15-03-2024, 08:03 PM
Well, as the Dons are reputed to play 'football' as opposed to enjoying a good scrap, we might be in for a better spectacle this weekend. However, those individuals who've only been 50% 'at their game' will need to up things for this one. Rowe showed it was possible, at least for half a game, on Tuesday. Tracey had a few lumps kicked out of him so had some excuse. Charlie, on the other hand, has been demonstrating why he never made progress at Charlton. I assume he will start due to injuries and shortage of wide players. What about Lewis Leigh? He contributed to a change of pace and urgency when he came on but then midfield is getting crowded again. I assume we will resume the 3-4-3 set we started with but that will probably exclude Billington again, who I think has done no more wrong than any in the team.
Anyway, I can't see us repeating the heroics of the Stockport game etc. So, I'm plumping for a draw possibly 1-1 or even 2-2.
Will we get a penalty this game?

MeForCrewe
15-03-2024, 08:54 PM
You seem to have the same train of thought to me Gazan, as I said after the Sutton game I would definitely start with Billington over Williams with Rio on the left, Rowe to replace Kirk and find a place for Leigh maybe not starting Tabiner, if I recall correctly I don't think that he has started a match yet. Anyway I'm going for a 2-2 draw.
Slightly off topic but has anybody seen any definative news of CBR's scan to share?

MikeSB
15-03-2024, 11:03 PM
We have virtually no Strikers apart from one and so where are the goals going to come from?

The only good thing is they lost to Grimsby last week and so who knows?

After the three last results I am expecting us to lose by two clear goals. The game is suffering generally with the modern defensive approach to football which is very depressing imv with one or no strikers. Vale are in the same boat. You need two big strikers up front like at Stockport away and we don't have them. All the top teams are losing games though and so things could go down to the wire. Stockport dropped points again last night. Their fans are furious.

gazan
16-03-2024, 02:39 PM
No Tabiner! And 2 youngsters on the bench. So a defensive set up in midfield. Cooney gets the nod over Billington again! What's going on?
At least LB has had the courage to drop Charlie. Hopefully it'll make him a hungry sub after an hour or so.

MeForCrewe
16-03-2024, 03:08 PM
Bizarre unless they are not telling us something about Billington, but why the bench then?

gazan
16-03-2024, 03:36 PM
Have MK Dons got a massive pitch? There is a huge space right through the middle.

gazan
16-03-2024, 05:13 PM
Total lack of intensity. Our midfield was overrun in the 1st half. I'd have thrown Agius on at the end instead of Charlie. However, Cooney could easily have broken his duck if he'd only put his foot through it on both occasions.
MK Dons showed what we haven't got ...runners from midfield. Rowe started okay but in the 2nd half just started making wrong decisions again.
We also seem to have lost the knack with dead-ball situations.
A message to LB, please don't tell us again that you can't fault the players and that they did everything asked of them.
Some of the players need to get back to passing practice.

ShropshireAlex
16-03-2024, 05:20 PM
Is Tabs only able to manage 1 game in a week at present? At least we have a free week coming up.

Fidler
16-03-2024, 05:21 PM
Agree with Gazan’s last sentence. There was also far too much aimless hoofing the ball high in the air in the Sutton match.

Wartman
16-03-2024, 05:23 PM
Total lack of intensity. Our midfield was overrun in the 1st half. I'd have thrown Agius on at the end instead of Charlie. However, Cooney could easily have broken his duck if he'd only put his foot through it on both occasions.
MK Dons showed what we haven't got ...runners from midfield. Rowe started okay but in the 2nd half just started making wrong decisions again.
We also seem to have lost the knack with dead-ball situations.
A message to LB, please don't tell us again that you can't fault the players and that they did everything asked of them.
Some of the players need to get back to passing practice.

4 dreadful performances on the bounce and only luckily got a result in that 4 against an abject Sutton side, lack of squad depth coming to haunt us at the business end of the season we have always been 3 players light of a decent squad this season. Can see us dropping out of the play offs too at this rate starting 11 was poor today and bench even worse.

gazan
16-03-2024, 08:57 PM
It really would be a disaster to not qualify for the play-offs but also highly unlikely. It would involve us losing most of our remaining matches, which I don't think is going to happen.

MikeSB
16-03-2024, 09:10 PM
It really would be a disaster to not qualify for the play-offs but also highly unlikely. It would involve us losing most of our remaining matches, which I don't think is going to happen.

He was making the point that with 3 more signings it would have meant the squad being stronger than it is. I ask the same question the whole time. Do we pay for 4 managers on the touchline or pay for two or three players at the start of the season that would benefit the team far more. What point is making the play offs if you lose to the other three contenders due to poorer players. We really do not need a player development manager or 2 assistant managers as getting in the team and playing develops the player or not and not some person doing an interview..I used to be asked the same question..."Where do you see yourself in 5 to 10 years time? ;)

The critics will argue we have done better than expected this season due to the 4 managers...I disagree of course. Managers don't play on the pitch, players do....simple fact!

A couple of wins by others lower down could make the whole difference and with our squad at the moment we could be lucky to win another game...

I want to know what wages we pay the managers and the players?

One advantage by staying in L2 is we could be playing Vale next season...

gazan
16-03-2024, 10:22 PM
One little problem....we don't have 4 managers. Much in the same way that Man City don't have about 26!
And have we lost against all the play-off opposition.
Facts, facts, awkward little things that get in the way of a good yarn!

gazan
16-03-2024, 10:23 PM
Plus we're 3 points behind second place!!!!!!!!!!

Timmy58
16-03-2024, 11:57 PM
One little problem....we don't have 4 managers. Much in the same way that Man City don't have about 26!

I am really not sure where this notion of "4 managers" comes from. Unless I am very much mistaken, Lee Bell is the manager and Ryan Dicker is his assistant. I am unsure of Kenny Lunts job title but it ain't team manager I don't think. In the modern game, there is too much for one person to do. Therefore there is a "management team" and all will have different responsibilities.

Terrierstan
17-03-2024, 12:34 AM
Had to go on clubs website to check but we've definitely only got one manager plus his assistant!! Anyway hopefully this run is just a blip and we'll be back on it soon, still think we can go up Stockport and Wrexham aren't on the best of runs either!! Onwards and upwards come on you Alex.

jimmyboldon
17-03-2024, 06:40 AM
Did you mean a good yawn?

MikeSB
17-03-2024, 11:05 AM
Did you mean a good yawn?

I've told you before. This is a discussion board about football and CAFC and NOT and I repeat NOT what other posters say. Have you got that or do I need to explain that a bit more?

No wonder this board is dead when we have dumbheads posting here!

MikeSB
17-03-2024, 11:11 AM
Had to go on clubs website to check but we've definitely only got one manager plus his assistant!! Anyway hopefully this run is just a blip and we'll be back on it soon, still think we can go up Stockport and Wrexham aren't on the best of runs either!! Onwards and upwards come on you Alex.

We have loads of managers at the club and McGarry mentioned three others when LB was in the stand. What is the title of the Player Development Manager who just happens to be around the technical area most matches. Then add the under 23 manager and the under 18 manager and God knows how many other non footballers we have at RH. Meanwhile we cannot afford to have more than one or two strikers at the club and if one is injured? See the result yesterday! I thought football was about the players and one manager and not all the other non producers. Why does Dicker need to give the team news before the match and not Bell? Is he too busy?

Terrierstan
17-03-2024, 11:58 AM
And your the biggest dumbhead of us all !!!!

jimmyboldon
17-03-2024, 01:51 PM
I've told you before. This is a discussion board about football and CAFC and NOT and I repeat NOT what other posters say. Have you got that or do I need to explain that a bit more?

No wonder this board is dead when we have dumbheads posting here!
Errr. Think you just commented on my post.