PDA

View Full Version : 📅Pre-Match Build-Up Thread: Bradford City (A) 19.03.24

SwalePie
18-03-2024, 07:07 PM
Squad update...

https://youtu.be/7CFy93L6T58?si=Y7dR7jppss3omecK

matt_magpie
18-03-2024, 07:28 PM
Mcgoldrick nearly back from injury? I thought he’d had a massive bust up with Maynard? Bostock played Saturday, maybe Mcgoldrick was just a bit more stubborn than Bostock in coming back or maybe they were both just injured 😂

SmiffyPie
18-03-2024, 07:33 PM
Don't agree with his comments excusing Baldwin. The ref warned SS then they took the piss.

Could'vebeenacontender
18-03-2024, 08:11 PM
Don't agree with his comments excusing Baldwin. The ref warned SS then they took the piss.

Spot on.
Does what suits him and not the team

bule1
18-03-2024, 08:17 PM
Mcgoldrick nearly back from injury? I thought he’d had a massive bust up with Maynard? Bostock played Saturday, maybe Mcgoldrick was just a bit more stubborn than Bostock in coming back or maybe they were both just injured ��

Good diplomatic way of getting past it if there was a bust up.

matt_magpie
18-03-2024, 08:25 PM
Good diplomatic way of getting past it if there was a bust up.

The only fact is we all saw Mcgoldrick go off injured and he hasn’t played since. I’d say on that basis the injury is more plausible than these bust up theories.

Could'vebeenacontender
18-03-2024, 08:27 PM
The only fact is we all saw Mcgoldrick go off injured and he hasn’t played since. I’d say on that basis the injury is more plausible than these bust up theories.

Didzy is a good guy and has been injured
There's been no bust up

OP67
18-03-2024, 08:49 PM

There's been no bust ups, just people hoping there has been so they can blame SM even more!

So basically we still have no idea when any of the injured players will be back in the squad. That was 5 minutes of my life I'll never get back XD

slack_pie
19-03-2024, 07:36 AM
Great news that Scott is close to a return! That must have been some bust-up he had with Maynard, going back to before he became Notts head coach.

Also good to hear that Brindley and Didzy are close to a return following their bust-ups. Oh and Jatta too - I was worried that his bust-up had been worse.

Can't wait to have Matty Palmer back, but some bust-ups take longer to resolve than others. If only Maynard wasn't so inexperienced, eh.

Bohinen
19-03-2024, 07:40 AM
Great news that Scott is close to a return! That must have been some bust-up he had with Maynard, going back to before he became Notts head coach.

Also good to hear that Brindley and Didzy are close to a return following their bust-ups. Oh and Jatta too - I was worried that his bust-up had been worse.

Can't wait to have Matty Palmer back, but some bust-ups take longer to resolve than others. If only Maynard wasn't so inexperienced, eh.

Don't you think you might be overplaying this now?

I don't care how many bust ups there have been, the key point is we have 5 points from 10 games and that is not consolidation.

matt_magpie
19-03-2024, 07:43 AM

Brilliant 😂

upthemaggies
19-03-2024, 08:57 AM
Just noticed that Colchester have rearranged their home match v Doncaster for 23rd April, so that means Colchester will have 9 points still to play for when they arrive at Meadow Lane three days earlier whilst Notts will have 6 to play for.
If FGR or Sutton do enough to put them in the bottom two and we aren't at least 10 pts clear of them on the morning of 20th April, we won't be mathematically safe going into the penultimate Saturday match.

We should be at least 10 pts clear of them by then (the gap is currently 15pts) but not impossible that we won't be if Maynard's recent form continues as is.

slack_pie
19-03-2024, 09:01 AM
Don't you think you might be overplaying this now?

I don't care how many bust ups there have been, the key point is we have 5 points from 10 games and that is not consolidation.

Compared to people coming on here and making up negative and destructive rumours to further undermine our head coach and create a narrative that he's to blame for key players not being in the squad, no, I don't think I'm overplaying it.

matt_magpie
19-03-2024, 09:47 AM
Compared to people coming on here and making up negative and destructive rumours to further undermine our head coach and create a narrative that he's to blame for key players not being in the squad, no, I don't think I'm overplaying it.

Couldn’t agree more it’s absolutely fine making up rumours, calling SM every name under the sun but making light heart of that isn’t ???
I for one hopes he can turn it around, everyone needs to step up on this situations, coaching staff, players and fans.

slack_pie
19-03-2024, 09:55 AM
Couldn’t agree more it’s absolutely fine making up rumours, calling SM every name under the sun but making light heart of that isn’t ???
I for one hopes he can turn it around, everyone needs to step up on this situations, coaching staff, players and fans.

It's ridiculous. We give our own coach more grief than we do any opposition players or coaches.

Totally agree - and I hope he turns it around as well.

drillerpie
19-03-2024, 10:22 AM

Well said.

Togtastic
19-03-2024, 10:40 AM
Lots of people happy to be critical of Maynard and maybe there is a small degree of justification. However, at Accrington it was Langstaff that put two headers over the bar when the least he should have done is was test the keeper. It was Cameron that gave them a free hit from 12yds rather than trust his teammates. I for one will give him more time but he needs a result quickly, maybe we will turn the corner tonight. COYP

matt_magpie
19-03-2024, 11:04 AM
Lots of people happy to be critical of Maynard and maybe there is a small degree of justification. However, at Accrington it was Langstaff that put two headers over the bar when the least he should have done is was test the keeper. It was Cameron that gave them a free hit from 12yds rather than trust his teammates. I for one will give him more time but he needs a result quickly, maybe we will turn the corner tonight. COYP

I agree and SM won’t be without fault but these players making mistakes SM has no real options to replace them with, the team about picks itself at the moment and there lies the problem. For me the loss of Palmer and then Bostocks lack of form since his injury has killed us in centre mid coupled with the ongoing defensive mistakes.

PedroTheFisherman66
19-03-2024, 11:11 AM
Didzy is a good guy and has been injured
There's been no bust up

Dont ruin it for the conspiracy theorists!!!

PedroTheFisherman66
19-03-2024, 11:17 AM
It's ridiculous. We give our own coach more grief than we do any opposition players or coaches.

Totally agree - and I hope he turns it around as well.

Its worse than that! Some actually want him and us to lose..!? I think its so they can justify their criticism and turn around and say I told you so.!! Unbelievable jeff !!!

Could'vebeenacontender
19-03-2024, 11:17 AM
I agree and SM won’t be without fault but these players making mistakes SM has no real options to replace them with, the team about picks itself at the moment and there lies the problem. For me the loss of Palmer and then Bostocks lack of form since his injury has killed us in centre mid coupled with the ongoing defensive mistakes.

Agree 100%
Our better, more genuine players are trying to back the new boss

the_anticlough
19-03-2024, 11:44 AM
The proof in the pudding can only be in the results

5pts from 30 at a total season pace of 23pts won't cut it.

If the owners want to be the exception and write-off what's on track to be one of the worst half-season's in our history, then they will have to accept that this will be at the expense of all our momentum, feelgood factor, players' commitment and loyalty, newfound attending fans and thousands off the gate probably.

PedroTheFisherman66
19-03-2024, 12:13 PM
The proof in the pudding can only be in the results

5pts from 30 at a total season pace of 23pts won't cut it.

If the owners want to be the exception and write-off what's on track to be one of the worst half-season's in our history, then they will have to accept that this will be at the expense of all our momentum, feelgood factor, players' commitment and loyalty, newfound attending fans and thousands off the gate probably.

Which could all be regained if he cracks it and we start winning consistently again.

Kent Magpie
19-03-2024, 01:58 PM
Which could all be regained if he cracks it and we start winning consistently again.

Or could be exacerbated if we swap and the new manager continues along the same path. I guess it comes down to balancing the risks of sticking with the risk of twisting again.. and only those that know what is going on behind the scenes will know what difference is being made; basically the board and half the people on this board (who seem to be suddenly au fait with all the infighting, arguments and downing of tools).

the_anticlough
19-03-2024, 03:34 PM

Can you hear that oink oink noise outside your bedroom window.....gets closer, then fades away...

Evidence for that is very thin on the ground. And let's not underestimate how difficult it is to recapture those precious things once lost.
Season tickets sales for example are either buoyed or sunk by the feelgood factor on the one hand or whatever the opposite of that is on the other

NottsNotCounty
19-03-2024, 04:51 PM
I know managers don’t want to say anything to give the opposition motive and LW certainly at times paid far too much respect to the opposition with his post and pre match interviews but this interview doesn't help SM one bit. Even the Mansfield lot are poking fun at his comments in this interview on their match with Bradford at the weekend, it was a drubbing, Mansfield could have got another 9 goal win. SM would have looked far better saying we need to look at what Mansfield did to them and try and impose ourselves on the game as they did. Stop talking the opposition up and instead get our players psyched up!

OP67
19-03-2024, 04:59 PM

Exactly, he's come into a job where we were well out of form. We've been down the bottom of the form table for the last 20 games really. Our drop out of the top 7 was on the cards even with Williams in charge. We just didn't have the strength in depth to cope with the lose of Palmer and Scott to an extent. Then factor is we haven't bother to strengthen with experience in the defence and keeper department. Maynard was a bave man accepting the job in the first place but why wouldn't he.

Smigpie
19-03-2024, 06:25 PM
I just want a win and I don’t care how we get it, we can discuss the finer points when we’re safe.

Notts78
19-03-2024, 06:53 PM
I know managers don’t want to say anything to give the opposition motive and LW certainly at times paid far too much respect to the opposition with his post and pre match interviews but this interview doesn't help SM one bit. Even the Mansfield lot are poking fun at his comments in this interview on their match with Bradford at the weekend, it was a drubbing, Mansfield could have got another 9 goal win. SM would have looked far better saying we need to look at what Mansfield did to them and try and impose ourselves on the game as they did. Stop talking the opposition up and instead get our players psyched up!

I’d have laughed at him if he said we need to be like Mansfield. They are miles better than we are. FFS even Bradford are higher in the league than us. So yes, playing up the opposition in the presser IMO is fair enough.
Notts need to play like Notts can when we have possession and to somehow cut down on the brain farts.