PDA

View Full Version : Team for today…

LeftPeg_Pie
23-03-2024, 11:58 AM
Given the confidence that Tuesday night brought during the event, it will be interesting to see what SM decides to do team wise today.

The only change I would consider is whether Bostock returns in place of Austin. I love Austin and love what he brings to the side but Salford generally pack the midfield and I wonder if Bostock gives us a more rounded CM option?

I’d personally like to see Bostock deployed in more of an 8 role, rather than the QB. I thought Robertson played that expertly on Tuesday. I think forcing Bostock to receive the ball a little higher up the pitch may encourage him to play forward with a bit more regularity. He’s got immense quality and that may give us an extra dimension rather than two ball carrying 8’s in Austin and Crowley.

I do understand the ‘if it ain’t broke don’t fix it’ adage, but like to be pragmatic too

Thoughts?

ThaiPie
23-03-2024, 12:20 PM
Assuming Jaffa will not be dropped given his contributions on Tuesday, then the only reason to change anything would be tiredness. I predict unchanged, and subs used to rotate players later on.

the_anticlough
23-03-2024, 12:25 PM
Given the confidence that Tuesday night brought during the event, it will be interesting to see what SM decides to do team wise today.

The only change I would consider is whether Bostock returns in place of Austin. I love Austin and love what he brings to the side but Salford generally pack the midfield and I wonder if Bostock gives us a more rounded CM option?

I’d personally like to see Bostock deployed in more of an 8 role, rather than the QB. I thought Robertson played that expertly on Tuesday. I think forcing Bostock to receive the ball a little higher up the pitch may encourage him to play forward with a bit more regularity. He’s got immense quality and that may give us an extra dimension rather than two ball carrying 8’s in Austin and Crowley.

I do understand the ‘if it ain’t broke don’t fix it’ adage, but like to be pragmatic too

Thoughts?

I think a 0-3 away win merits an unchanged team.
The shape used in that game is perfect for a must-win home game (to keep even a remote play-off chance)

Personally, I don't think JB is nimble enough to play further forward - he's a holding midfielder, deep-lying central midfielder and that's it.

SmiffyPie
23-03-2024, 12:33 PM
Austin deserves to start over JB.

kill_the_drum
23-03-2024, 12:44 PM
I’d start with the same team.
Bostock to come on and exploit the gaps later in the game.

SmiffyPie
23-03-2024, 01:07 PM
Bostock can't play further forward in L2. He is too one-foot and would be caught in possession 50% of the time (I also think our game slows down noticeably when he is playing).

51Magpie
23-03-2024, 02:03 PM
Assuming Jaffa will not be dropped given his contributions on Tuesday, then the only reason to change anything would be tiredness. I predict unchanged, and subs used to rotate players later on.

Who is Jaffa? Am I missing something?