PDA

View Full Version : ⚽ Match Thread vs. Swindon Town [EFL L2] 29.03.24

Pages : [1] 2

Elite_Pie
29-03-2024, 02:27 PM
Looks like nobody else has bothered, so here's today's team:

https://i.postimg.cc/Lsqf4FM7/GJ1z05c-XQAASjfx.jpg (https://postimg.cc/3yTW96NC)

Elite_Pie
29-03-2024, 02:30 PM
Should have added that Austin and JOB are ill and Colkett is injured.

Kent Magpie
29-03-2024, 02:36 PM
We have a lot of illness at the moment. I think at least one player has been out each match since at least Crawley. That can’t help as I wonder how many of the others are not 100% either.

upthemaggies
Interesting pre-match chat with Stall. He didn't seem to be buying Maynard's excuses, Stall saying that Individual errors collectively make up your overall performance and that's it's all about fine margins all over the pitch. He also said that this run-in was basically an audition for Maynard as to whether or not he's worth sticking with for next season.
David Jackson pointing out that although Maynard hasn't had a conversation about the results with the owners, the owners must have had that conversation between themselves.

With MK Dons coming up next and in such a short space of time, Maynard needs something today I feel. A weekend loss to such a poor team would still be raw and on people's minds into Monday, it's usually only after 5/6 days that fans begin to get over a bad defeat and begin look to the next match with more optimism and patience.

M0ufMk3
At least we have options if a right sided defender gets injured

51Magpie
29-03-2024, 02:37 PM
IF they all turn up, that looks like a side that has a chance of getting something from the game. Only two on the bench that look good enough to be subbed on (Jatta and Chicksen).

the_anticlough
29-03-2024, 02:39 PM
[QUOTE=Elite_Pie;40477192]Looks like nobody else has bothered, so here's today's team:

Why is something going on?

Good thinking by Marnard. It must be very tempting to ring the changes, even if just from sheer frustration.
But pick the players more or less that got the club to the top of the league. If they flop, it might just be them at fault as much as him. Or it's as simple as that's our best XI :)

irishpete
29-03-2024, 02:43 PM
The "tinker man" at it again. Goldy looked way off the pace last week when he came on. Why drop Jatta looks a threat away from home. The last throw of the dice??

upthemaggies
29-03-2024, 02:47 PM
Serious chat just now between the Stags correspondents on Radio Nottm that Clough will be on his way in the summer if they don't go up.
Worth a look?

forwardmagpie
29-03-2024, 02:47 PM
It looks a decent starring line up but apart from Jatta there’s not much on the bench. Let’s hope for a good start and build from there.

OP67
29-03-2024, 02:50 PM
If that lot can't get at the very least a poit away at a very poor Swindon then there's no hope. However I said that prior to the Salford game at home last weekend XD

Morias still missing stealing a wage!! Maybe he can share a taxi back to London.

upthemaggies
29-03-2024, 02:58 PM
135 goals scored in Swindon games this season, an average of 3.46 per game
150 goals scored in Notts games this season averaging 3.85.

Stall pointing out that the reverse fixture earlier this season was 1st against 3rd.

upthemaggies
29-03-2024, 03:00 PM
Oh dear, the unlucky white shorts are back today.

OP67
Stal spot on as normal, wonders why we have no Sanderson or the like on the bench. He has a very good question as it's not like we're going up or down. Maynard just isn't brave enough to make it as a footbal league manger is it?!

MAD_MAGPIE
135 goals scored in Swindon games this season, an average of 3.46 per game
150 goals scored in Notts games this season averaging 3.85.

Stall pointing out that the reverse fixture earlier this season was 1st against 3rd.

Another 5-5 on the cards then. XD Hopefully if it’s high scoring it’s us who are victorious.

upthemaggies
29-03-2024, 03:06 PM
"Messy" and "scrappy" in the strong wind.

keldsyke
29-03-2024, 03:14 PM
Feel sorry for Jotta, should run a poll on when McGoldrick and Bostock are subbed, don’t look fit to me.

upthemaggies
29-03-2024, 03:15 PM
Bracegirdle anticipating MK Dons visit Monday and describes them as "loitering with intent".

drillerpie
29-03-2024, 03:19 PM
"Messy" and "scrappy" in the strong wind.

Conditions are horrible to be honest. Bone dry bobbly pitch with strong wind. It must be awful to play on.

Crowley just received a firm 10 yard pass and his second touch was off his chin.

OP67
29-03-2024, 03:20 PM
Business as usual!!! Back pass beats Slocombe and simple tap in 1- 0 Swindon

upthemaggies
29-03-2024, 03:20 PM
An incredible commentary soundbite, one that can be used to sum up the whole season, the reaction of Brace and Stall to that Swindon goal was something else.

drillerpie
29-03-2024, 03:21 PM

It was a ridiculous passage of play, even by our standards.

Big Bob
Here we go again. I predicted 2-0 to Swindon. Probably be more

MAD_MAGPIE
Just when you think we can’t be any worse at making individual errors this season we make the most basic of errors in passing the ball back to the keeper right towards goal. It’s a school boy mistake.

keldsyke
29-03-2024, 03:22 PM
You will not believe the goal, WTF Robertson was thinking is beyond belief, pathetic

Big Bob
29-03-2024, 03:23 PM
Just when you think we can’t be any worse at making individual errors this season we make the most basic of errors in passing the ball back to the keeper right towards goal. It’s a school boy mistake.
No, it's just being crap

WarsopPie
29-03-2024, 03:23 PM

Just sat here watching it, seen that goal and absolutely pissing myself laughing.
How the hell have we become this bad?

keldsyke
29-03-2024, 03:24 PM
Just to add, again from this ****ing about st the back, horses for courses, there’s a time and place to play it

Could'vebeenacontender
29-03-2024, 03:24 PM
Pitiful
Gormless passing around at the back until the inevitable panicky mistake by one of our shell shocked defenders
A hangover drunk on Sunday morning standard

upthemaggies
29-03-2024, 03:25 PM
Stall and Brace reacted to that goal as if Bella Emberg and The Roly Polys had all invaded the pitch naked and begun performing cartwheels.

Thordardaughter

How long can this be allowed to continue ?
I’m not one to moan but this season is going from bad to worse and it’s got nothing do with being beaten by better teams as I could cope with that !

MAD_MAGPIE
Our passing is just not what it used to be either. Too many misplaced passes not going to a Notts player. We hardly used to give the ball away when passing. I’m guessing the pass completion stat has lowered in 2024.

Could'vebeenacontender
29-03-2024, 03:26 PM
We seem completely devoid of spirit

M0ufMk3
29-03-2024, 03:27 PM

Sounds slightly harsh on Slocombe, it was a terrible back pass. Just poor, scrambled thinking. I did wonder towards the end of Luke's tenure how much 'coaching' there was in terms of players' decision making and how much was actually 'telling' them which doesn't help them to think for effectively for themselves under pressure

OP67
We seem completely devoid of spirit

And there's an obvious reason for that. Zero leadership on and off the pitch!!!

upthemaggies
Swindon hitting the woodwork.

Stall: We are absolutely all over the place Dave.

MAD_MAGPIE
29-03-2024, 03:29 PM
I’m not one to moan but this season is going from bad to worse and it’s got nothing do with being beaten by better teams as I could cope with that !

Further blushes would have been spared as it would have been an own goal if it wasn’t for the post. You can play out from the back but goodness me not in such a way that if the keeper is not there it goes in our net.

NottsNotCounty
29-03-2024, 03:30 PM
‘ Stall and Brace reacted to that goal as if Bella Emberg and The Roly Polys had all invaded the pitch naked and begun performing cartwheels.’

A prediction that this comment will be the highlight of the game.

eastwoodmagpie
29-03-2024, 03:30 PM
Our passing is just not what it used to be either. Too many misplaced passes not going to a Notts player. We hardly used to give the ball away when passing. I’m guessing the pass completion stat has lowered in 2024.

Robertson having a poor game so far giving the ball away constantly, not impressed!

keldsyke
29-03-2024, 03:31 PM
The right hand side is embarrassing, they obviously have worked out Jones can’t defend, how many crosses from that side have come in unchallenged?

PedroTheFisherman66
29-03-2024, 03:32 PM
What worries me is it seems we are coached to be like this...! Blame errors all u want but we are being coached to play the style with as the managers says "players who cant defend"...!

wiseoldmagpie
29-03-2024, 03:32 PM
Robertson having a poor game so far giving the ball away constantly, not impressed!

Nemane has run the ball out on the byline at least twice.

MAD_MAGPIE
29-03-2024, 03:33 PM
Twice now Nemane was doing well getting the ball forward but the balls gone out of play before he’s delivered the ball or cut it back into an area which is limiting our chances.

tied_up_in_notts
29-03-2024, 03:33 PM
We seem to be inventing new ways of gifting goals that nobody has ever thought of before

Could'vebeenacontender
29-03-2024, 03:34 PM
Robertson having a nightmare

MAD_MAGPIE
29-03-2024, 03:35 PM
Four players in our area within a couple of metres of a Swindon player and he gets a shot off. Where’s the bodies on the line?

cher1
29-03-2024, 03:35 PM

No idea when the owners will get rid of him, but it'll have to be sorted before next year's season tickets go on sale. Sadly SM has been an absolutely disastrous appointment. It'll be interesting to see the owners' next move - they've clearly made a mistake, will they wait until they've recruited the replacement they want, or will they get rid sooner? Even if, by some miracle, we win today, it's just papering over some tectonic plate sized cracks. Very sad to see.

Stall seems emboldened to say exactly what he thinks this week, he's normally a bit less brutal. Wonder if he's heard a whisper...

matt_magpie
29-03-2024, 03:36 PM
What worries me is it seems we are coached to be like this...! Blame errors all u want but we are being coached to play the style with as the managers says "players who cant defend"...!

It’s what we’ve done all season but teams are wise to it now, wingbacks that struggle to stop crosses and wingbacks then who struggle to defend the back post from the crosses.

legs77
29-03-2024, 03:38 PM
Losing and playing like this isnt a bad thing to get him out.

Im in the camp of give him more games as he will keep losing them that way we can say to new managers we at least give you a chance.

I knew we'd struggle when Williams left but I didnt think it would be like this.

drillerpie
29-03-2024, 03:38 PM

It's because the pitch is dry and we don't seem to have the nous to adjust to it in any way.

Smigpie
29-03-2024, 03:39 PM
Any footballer would love to play against notts, they give the opposition so much confidence. Unbearably painful to watch and upsetting to see it being tolerated by our owners.

tied_up_in_notts
29-03-2024, 03:39 PM
Stall seems emboldened to say exactly what he thinks this week, he's normally a bit less brutal. Wonder if he's heard a whisper...
Hopefully he's been offered the job. (Well a man can dream can't he?)

BigFatPie
29-03-2024, 03:42 PM
Robertson having a nightmare

One of the most over rated new players we’ve ever had. Maybe ok next to some of the dross he’s played with but to me he’s been average.

Not a regular starter in a promotion chasing team.

legs77
29-03-2024, 03:42 PM

True but he is at least trying and looks dangerous.

Slow slow slow

upthemaggies
29-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Any footballer would love to play against notts, they give the opposition so much confidence. Unbearably painful to watch and upsetting to see it being tolerated by our owners.

You can imagine Swindon fans this afternoon turning to their mates and saying "This lot are even worse than us."

upthemaggies
29-03-2024, 03:45 PM
Stall: 10-12 passes all in their own half, one goes astray and then Swindon are on to us.

Big Bob
29-03-2024, 03:46 PM
God help us on Monday against MK Dons. It'll be lambs to the slaughter. It'll be embarrassing

PedroTheFisherman66
It’s what we’ve done all season but teams are wise to it now, wingbacks that struggle to stop crosses and wingbacks then who struggle to defend the back post from the crosses.

I've had this conversation before.we are playing the ball across the back but it's different because our wing backs are not pushing as far forward as they did..creating less space to pass out from defence.no outlets, no movement So the ball keeps being regurgitated between the centre backs and keeper. We've not been found out SM has stopped them advancing in the belief it stops teams scoring against us...!! If u think we play the same as under LM you are deluded.

PedroTheFisherman66
Sorry LW...!

Dunce
29-03-2024, 03:48 PM
Absolute garbage!

Shropshire_Pie
29-03-2024, 03:49 PM
After 40,000 passes in our own half playing against the wind, you just know everything will go long and out for a goal kick in the 2nd.

Just awful today. MOM so far is Morias because he's not there to make any **** ups.

Could'vebeenacontender
I've had this conversation before.we are playing the ball across the back but it's different because our wing backs are not pushing as far forward as they did..creating less space to pass out from defence.no outlets, no movement So the ball keeps being regurgitated between the centre backs and keeper. We've not been found out SM has stopped them advancing in the belief it stops teams scoring against us...!! If u think we play the same as under LM you are deluded.
Spot on

upthemaggies
Elsewhere, Stags drop to 2nd (losing to Wrexham) and Sutton move out of the bottom two.

legs77

Yep that is exactly what has happened.

People saying Langstaff gone off the boil but we attack so slow so by time he gets the ball the other side have men back.

In short Maynard is a dud we can all see this now and needs to go before next season

Im relaxed about this as it just surely puts another nail in his coffin so to speak.

Eastcoastultra1977
29-03-2024, 03:52 PM
The lot of them can all FO at the end of the season.

Absolute Dross.

Mapperleypie
That was a diabolical half of football.

The errors aside we look like we are going through the motions.

Completely unacceptable at any level.

keldsyke
McGoldrick off, Robertson, Off, Baldwin off (if we had a decent bench!) This philosophy thing is now beginning to annoy me, the brothers need a reality check.

But saying that, it wouldn’t surprise me if we turned this around and won it!

MisterD
Here we go again. Pathetic by Robertson. We keep giving the ball away too.

upthemaggies
29-03-2024, 03:53 PM
Yep that is exactly what has happened.

People saying Langstaff gone off the boil but we attack so slow so by time he gets the ball the other side have men back.

In short Maynard is a dud we can all see this now and needs to go before next season

Im relaxed about this as it just surely puts another nail in his coffin so to speak.

The owners gave Ardley a further 2 years to turn things around after he'd taken us out of the Football League. I can't see them sacking Maynard unless the fans make their feelings known inside the ground, but like Ardley, everybody seems to be feeling sorry for him because "he's a nice man".

Smigpie
29-03-2024, 03:54 PM
Sticking with this manager and style of play will cost the brothers a lot of money, it’s league 2 ffs we are not Man City, know your limitations and levels your playing at.

St Kitts Magpie
29-03-2024, 03:54 PM
Here we go again. Pathetic by Robertson. We keep giving the ball away too.

Listening and watching on I follow, Swindon commentators basically laughing at us.

the_anticlough
29-03-2024, 03:55 PM
Hard to find the words...

Compare that with the first 45 when we played Swindon at home?
Are we sure they are playing for him? Maintaining a very basic level of professional performance - yes, but truly playing for him?

I believe we're deep into the SM end game now. That 45 shows the players should carry their share too, but that won't matter the buck always stops at the manager's draw.
Having said that, I fancy my prediction of 1-1, wouldn't change it.

WarsopPie
29-03-2024, 03:56 PM
Further blushes would have been spared as it would have been an own goal if it wasn’t for the post. You can play out from the back but goodness me not in such a way that if the keeper is not there it goes in our net.

I’m curious if we lose this today will Stuart be officially the worst manager in our history?

Eastcoastultra1977
I have coped with Notts being crap down the years but there is no excuse for a lack of effort by so called professional footballers when people have travelled and payed money to watch it.

drillerpie
Bostock has been decent. He seems to be passing it a bit quicker and more in the forwards direction than usual.

Langstaff desperately needs confidence. He's snatching at things and has had the blinkers on for a few games. The ball from Crowley that the commentators said was behind him looked like it would've been perfect for McGoldrick.

Cameron has had a couple of nice surges forward. Would like to see that more from our defenders as that is supposed to be why they are in the team. It can't be any riskier than the infinite defender sideways passing doom loop.

Robertson lots of effort but not good.

Can't believe we kicked everything long last Saturday and on this pitch we are trying to pass out. I really don't know what to think. Wouldn't be surprised if we go long second half with the wind behind us and Swindon have 47 goal kicks and win 1-0.

Joking aside Swindon look **** and are quite open. A good half of football and we can actually beat these.

the_anticlough

True

SwalePie
Just switched on to discover we've apparently gifted the lead yet again. FFS when will it end?

ETA: Just seen this comment on X about our first half... "Notts County play football like they've got a gun to their head. Petrified."

Eastcoastultra1977
29-03-2024, 03:58 PM
Listening and watching on I follow, Swindon commentators basically laughing at us.

We are the laughing stock of the division.

MAD_MAGPIE
29-03-2024, 03:58 PM
We lack inspiration and spark. It’s got a very end of season feel to it already and like a side not going up or down. The pitch and the weather may not be helping but it’s got to have a bit more bite to the performance.

Swindon have not done enough or created enough to be 1-0 up. It should be 0-0 but how many times has it been said in games? We just can’t seem to go a game without someone having a nightmare, a howler or a brain fart that costs us.

76% possession again. 88% pass accuracy which is higher than I thought.

eastwoodmagpie
29-03-2024, 03:59 PM
One of the most over rated new players we’ve ever had. Maybe ok next to some of the dross he’s played with but to me he’s been average.

Not a regular starter in a promotion chasing team.

Robertson just going through the motions, McGoldrick looking unfit would probably be better bringing on Jatta, Bostock not really involved. Poor performance yet again, Don't fancy our chances againt M K Dons Monday

Elite_Pie
The owners gave Ardley a further 2 years to turn things around after he'd taken us out of the Football League. I can't see them sacking Maynard unless the fans make their feelings known inside the ground, but like Ardley, everybody seems to be feeling sorry for him because "he's a nice man".

If we lose today and Monday I'm sure the fans will make their feelings known inside the ground, and make them known very loudly and very clearly.

It could be very unpleasant.

legs77

They did but that was totally different circumstances plus Ardley had a track record so you can understand it.

This guy took over in the play offs and we are dropping like a stone.

Its not just the results its the performances and lack of a plan.

He not be here next season if this carries on its too much of a risk and the PPG record is worse than FGR / Sutton.

tommopie8
Only caught the last 15 minutes of the first half but looks as if they're doing a chuckle brothers impersonation on the ball.

The football style only works if you have fast movement off the ball and *******s on it. We don't appear too bothered to do either.

upthemaggies
29-03-2024, 04:00 PM
I probably don't need to remind people of this stat but we've gone in losing at HT 11 times this season and gone on to lose 10 of them.

LeftPeg_Pie
We lack inspiration and spark. It’s got a very end of season feel to it already and like a side not going up or down. The pitch and the weather may not be helping but it’s got to have a bit more bite to the performance.

Swindon have not done enough or created enough to be 1-0 up. It should be 0-0 but how many times has it been said in games? We just can’t seem to go a game without someone having a nightmare, a howler or a brain fart that costs us.

76% possession again. 88% pass accuracy which is higher than I thought.

Absolutely this.

Eastcoastultra1977

Yes,I find it remarkable that fans are not calling for his head.The bloke is a complete tosser.

Robertomac
That was a dreadful half. No energy, lack of tempo, devoid of creativity. Swindon look average. How have we deteriorated so much?

In fairness, it's the usual story of us missing a sitter and following it up with a gift for them.

ladyretfordpie
29-03-2024, 04:02 PM
Sounds slightly harsh on Slocombe, it was a terrible back pass. Just poor, scrambled thinking. I did wonder towards the end of Luke's tenure how much 'coaching' there was in terms of players' decision making and how much was actually 'telling' them which doesn't help them to think for effectively for themselves under pressure

Slocombe was not at fault at all before all the Slocombe haters jump on the bandwagon. It was an horrendous back pack which hit the post then where Slocombe was then came back out with the goal at his mercy. Shocking performance with Bostock giving it away so many times and both him and McGoldrick looking everyone of their years. We just look absolutely clueless

M0ufMk3
29-03-2024, 04:02 PM
Sticking with this manager and style of play will cost the brothers a lot of money, it’s league 2 ffs we are not Man City, know your limitations and levels your playing at.

Absolutely.

This game so far has told me that Cameron is a left back, and potentially a good one. Not a LCB or CB. Get Bostock further forward where he can do damage to them. Robertson is struggling with the pitch - it's **** so some forgiveness (but agree with BFP that he's overrated because he's not been as poor as the others). We need to be careful in the second half that we don't overhit it, and Nemane needs a quick ht lesson in dynamics and wind effects otherwise we may as well just pass it for goal kick

forwardmagpie
29-03-2024, 04:05 PM
McGoldrick playing is a bad joke, he is definitely not fit so we are playing with 10 men - just a crazy management decision, if he’s not subbed at half the manager should just leave the ground and go home.

Cue a 2nd had McGoldrick hat-trick 🤷*♂️

Observerpie
29-03-2024, 04:06 PM
It's hard to watch the stream, they keep showing replays when the ball is live! Having said that, the more I miss the better.

upthemaggies
29-03-2024, 04:06 PM
8,339 attendance, no figure for the away turn out.

Observerpie
29-03-2024, 04:10 PM
780 Notts.

forwardmagpie
29-03-2024, 04:10 PM
8,339 attendance, no figure for the away turn out.

Around 785

The_Don_ORiordan
29-03-2024, 04:11 PM
What is with this ref second half? We’ve been given nothing.

upthemaggies
29-03-2024, 04:13 PM
Stall talking about the stubbornness of playing the same way and not adapting to the conditions, which cost us the goal.

BigFatPie
29-03-2024, 04:13 PM
Hard to find the words...

Compare that with the first 45 when we played Swindon at home?
Are we sure they are playing for him? Maintaining a very basic level of professional performance - yes, but truly playing for him?

I believe we're deep into the SM end game now. That 45 shows the players should carry their share too, but that won't matter the buck always stops at the manager's draw.
Having said that, I fancy my prediction of 1-1, wouldn't change it.

Thanks for reminding me of that first half against Swindon. One of the best halves of football you’ll see from a Notts side.

Absolutely gutting how it’s gone so tits up so quickly.

OP67
29-03-2024, 04:16 PM
So the local radio commentator tells Stal play it high into the box as they're not good defending them. So we leave Jatta on the bench and play it on the ground. Maynard HAS to go if he hasn't noticed this during his pre match prep!!!!!

irishpete
29-03-2024, 04:19 PM
Thank feck my stick keeps freezing gave up on it/ them, dire is too good to describe it

BJPIE
29-03-2024, 04:20 PM
Twice now Nemane was doing well getting the ball forward but the balls gone out of play before he’s delivered the ball or cut it back into an area which is limiting our chances.

Because he's useless

Thordardaughter
29-03-2024, 04:22 PM
Thank feck my stick keeps freezing gave up on it/ them, dire is too good to describe it

Mine too. Would normally curse it but it’s sparing me the heartache !

upthemaggies
29-03-2024, 04:22 PM
MKD 2 Walsall 0, so it looks like they'll be coming to Meadow Lane with lots of confidence.

Edit: Make that 3-0

Togtastic
29-03-2024, 04:25 PM
Because he's useless

Nemane is simply doing what he has done all season, often standing still with the ball at his feet rather than attacking an isolated defender, preferring instead to await a second defender to arrive.

PedroTheFisherman66
MKD 2 Walsall 0, so it looks like they'll be coming to Meadow Lane with lots of confidence.

I dont think you have to come to the lane with any confidence to be able to generate a win.!!!

M0ufMk3
Because he's useless

On today's performance, useless is aspirational for Nemane

Eastcoastultra1977
29-03-2024, 04:26 PM

That will be the biggest away banker for many a day..Lol

upthemaggies
29-03-2024, 04:26 PM
Stall: Notts have just had about 25 passes and gone back to Sam Slocombe again.

Elite_Pie
29-03-2024, 04:28 PM
Stags 2-0 down at Wrexham.

upthemaggies
29-03-2024, 04:30 PM
Stags two down at Wrexham.
Squeaky bum time for them with everybody else in the auto race currently winning.

SwalePie
*sigh*

upthemaggies
And another "absolute shocker by Notts County"
Open goal gift

0-2

OP67
29-03-2024, 04:31 PM
We're an absolute f**king joke!!! F**k of Maynard!!!!!

The_Pie_Man
29-03-2024, 04:31 PM
Rinse and repeat.

Goodbye, Mr Maynard. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

Togtastic
29-03-2024, 04:32 PM
I fear there will be some blaspheming at church this Sunday, McGoldrick throwing his arms up in frustration as Bostock goes back again when another run goes unseen

upthemaggies
Stall: when will we ever learn? This is not a pitch to play out of the back from. Braindead football.

SwalePie
Jatta coming on for his hat trick in place of Didzy

Randall replacing Jones!

MAD_MAGPIE
Nobody seems to want to take responsibility to make something happen in an attacking sense. We are doing nothing in the final third. Just passing the ball around for the sake of having possession. It’s ok having possession but it has to have a purpose.

BJPIE
There will be some woke folk on here who think we shouldnt boo and criticise players. I have only ever sung and clapped inside the ground. I vent my frustrations on this forum.
If I have to watch the same on Monday, I hope the whole crowd will let the Bros know that what we are watching is unacceptable.
Its not all Maynards fault , the players are lacking confidence.
But it isnt good enough.

2-0 now Slocombe

upthemaggies
29-03-2024, 04:33 PM
Stuart Maynard's post match interview in one image..........

https://candymail.co.uk/cdn/shop/products/ferrero-moments-69g-251401.jpg?v=1684356651

Dunce
Bain dead football. Spot on Stall.

SmiffyPie
We're an absolute f**king joke!!! F**k of Maynard!!!!!Yeah, Maynard gives the ball away again!! Oh hang on! It was one of our useless players.

M0ufMk3
This is Maynard's fault because he is far too defensively minded but the players HAVE to take some responsibility. They are playing like people whose collective IQ doesn't reach double figures.

They are a disgrace and are using Maynard as a convenient excuse for a collective lack of desire, brains, guts, and effort.

LeftPeg_Pie
29-03-2024, 04:34 PM
Time to go.

irishpete
Taxi for Maynard

OP67
Randall on for Jones XD Clueless Maynard!!!

Eastcoastultra1977
Swindon fans near me absolutely laughing their ***** off.

Are 'The Brothers' actually there?Do they actually watch this ****?

SmiffyPie
29-03-2024, 04:35 PM
Correct. They are paid professional footballers ffs.

MAD_MAGPIE
That Slocomne howler is a complete and utter embarrassment. This is not professional football it’s what you would see down the park on a Saturday or Sunday.

These players appear to be robots that have been conditioned and engineered to play to a style and way regardless of the pitch, the weather or the opposition and just keep doing the same thing over and over again.

The attacking threat has been pathetic and weak as well. It’s all too safe.

drillerpie
Set up nicely for my 2-4 prediction ✌️

keldsyke
Disgraceful that goal, and the Brothers/ recruitment performance this season …. Remember a few months ago when the goals we conceded went viral over the world? Going to happen again tonight

jackal2
Randall on for Jones XD Clueless Maynard!!!

Oh dear! How many nails does a coffin need? :?

BJPIE
29-03-2024, 04:36 PM
Radar. It isnt working!!! Either spend money and buy players who are good enough to play the style you want
Or change the style
There is one more option, but you have been saviours of this club and I dont want to contemplate that.

HeroPie1862
29-03-2024, 04:36 PM
Yes i'll renew my season ticket.

https://i.imgur.com/8rZEqFC.mp4

Big Bob
29-03-2024, 04:37 PM
Set up nicely for my 2-4 prediction ✌️

The yellow van's coming to take you to your padded cell

hissingdwarf
29-03-2024, 04:38 PM
Well, that’s my Easter Monday sorted. Cheers Notts. Sodding garden centre with the wife now.
Can’t watch anymore of this at home. Toxic won’t come close if they don’t sack him tonight.
Yes, individual errors, but we are beyond terrible now.

Elite_Pie
That will be the biggest away banker for many a day..Lol

Amazingly, most bookies have us as favourites to win, and MKD can be backed at 7/4!!!

Can't see those odds lasting for long.

Ilsonblackandwhite
Absolute dog ****. Clueless from the manager down. I'll save my money next season

Could'vebeenacontender
This is easily the worst display this season
Devoid of team spirit and desire to fight for each other

MAD_MAGPIE
29-03-2024, 04:39 PM
Is the system and style of play causing the individual errors and howlers? On today’s showing the answer is yes. The players do not appear to have the confidence anymore to execute it.

caj85
Teams aren't having to do anything special to beat us as they know we'll mess up.

So slow once we have possession.

Tbf to SM this has been an issue before he got here, LW left at the right time.

LeftPeg_Pie
If we concede early on Monday, Meadow Lane will not be a nice place to be.

TedBovisPie
Clowntys the name, losing football matches is our game..

Observerpie
Nemane is simply doing what he has done all season, often standing still with the ball at his feet rather than attacking an isolated defender, preferring instead to await a second defender to arrive.

Hadn't realised that he was playing.

MapperleyMagpie
29-03-2024, 04:40 PM
Yes i'll renew my season ticket.

https://i.imgur.com/8rZEqFC.mp4

So we sign 2 goalkeepers and put slocombe back in? He had so long to save that ball. My granny could have made tea and scones and still come back to push that over the bar !

HeroPie1862
Hadn't realised that he was playing.

Not living up to your username then are ye?

TheBlackHorse
... not one of our players deserve a bus ride home. Jones is just a show pony. They couldn't pass water. Embarrassed for SM. It's certainly not his fault but idiots on here just don't see it, do you ...

SmiffyPie
These players appear to be robots that have been conditioned and engineered to play to a style and way regardless of the pitch, the weather or the opposition and just keep doing the same thing over and over again.The attacking threat has been pathetic and weak as well. It’s all too safe.Glad you said that 'cos that's been my thoughts for months.

upthemaggies
29-03-2024, 04:41 PM
Anybody seriously think there's going to be a queue of quality L2 standard players stood outside Meadow Lane this summer wanting to sign up to play under this part-timer?

SwalePie
... not one of our players deserve a bus ride home. Jones is just a show pony. They couldn't pass water. Embarrassed for SM. It's certainly not his fault but idiots on here just don't see it, do you ...

'Jones is just a show pony' XD

BigFatPie
Slocombe. Again. What a joke.

WarsopPie
Oh dear! How many nails does a coffin need? :?

After this Maynard has to go.
Owners have no *******s if he doesn’t and I bet he still picks slocombe for Monday.
This club is going backwards after we made much effort going forward and the brothers have set us back big time appointing this ****

Davy500
29-03-2024, 04:42 PM
Fullarton P12 W3 D1 L8 = Points 10
Maynard P13 W2 D2 L9 = points 8

Maynard still worse than Fullarton, having played a game more.
This is absolutely disgracefull 8 points from 39 available , this carried out over a whole season would give 28.3 points from 46 games, definate relegation candidates next season - i am very worried about Notts future

WarsopPie
29-03-2024, 04:42 PM

Another bed wetter and happy clapper how the hell can you stick up for some of his tactics and decisions?

matt_magpie
29-03-2024, 04:43 PM
This is easily the worst display this season
Devoid of team spirit and desire to fight for each other

If that’s the case and their not playing for him then shame on them as the fans have backed a lot of these players whilst in the NL and deserve better, take some pride in wearing the shirt and stop pining over Williams, he’s gone, we’re still here.

Big Bob
29-03-2024, 04:43 PM
All the fans that travelled away today and those who paid for the stream should be refunded

Eastcoastultra1977
29-03-2024, 04:44 PM
Remarkably there is very little anti Maynard sentiment in the away end.

Doesn't say much for Notts but Swindon are really a poor side. Worrying.

HeroPie1862
29-03-2024, 04:44 PM
All the fans that travelled away today and those who paid for the stream should be refunded

I'd love my £10 back...

Especially since not all of it goes to the club.

Elite_Pie
29-03-2024, 04:45 PM

So this abysmal run since he was appointed is "certainly not Maynard's fault".

I know, let's add another year to his contract. That'll show the idiots.

Davy500
I'd love my £10 back...

Especially since not all of it goes to the club.

I thought im not paying tenner to watch this garbage

M0ufMk3

And what about the bottle of scotch, and having to take up smoking again?

BJPIE
29-03-2024, 04:46 PM
I must be an idiot while you are obviously such an elightened individual.
The players are not playing well, true. But its Maynards job to create the environment for them to perform. He appears clueless. Do you honestly think our performances would of sunk so low under LW.

jackal2
29-03-2024, 04:47 PM
Is the system and style of play causing the individual errors and howlers? On today’s showing the answer is yes. The players do not appear to have the confidence anymore to execute it.

The problem with the style we're trying to play is that it requires high levels of courage and confidence to make it work, which we had last season, but this team is bereft of confidence now, so the whole thing is breaking down catastrophically. In that situation, the way out is usually to go back to basics and relative simplicity in order to hide the flaws and fragile confidence of the players.

Add to that the fact that Stuart Maynard demonstrably cannot replicate the coaching and psychology skills of Luke Williams - who looks more exceptional with every passing game in retrospect - and we've got major problems at the moment.

Fortunately we're safe, so we've got a bit of time and breathing space to make changes, but come the start of next season we'll have to be much stronger than this, otherwise we're in deep trouble.

Big Bob
29-03-2024, 04:47 PM
Attendances and season ticket will plummet next season if SM is not removed

Davy500
29-03-2024, 04:48 PM
So this abysmal run since he was appointed is "certainly not Maynard's fault".

I know, let's add another year to his contract. That'll show the idiots.

Because the owners dont want to admit they are wrong, the best thing to do was to get rid early- the longer Maynard remains the more damage will be done
Its a bit like what i do buying stocks, if a stock under performs in a set time period, it is sold even if at a loss, and replaced with a better prospect just basic business

upthemaggies
MKD 5 Walsall 0

We're going to be torn a new one.

Big Bob
And what about the bottle of scotch, and having to take up smoking again?

yes i'm all for that

SwalePie
29-03-2024, 04:49 PM
Get in! Jattattack

HeroPie1862
29-03-2024, 04:49 PM
Get in! Jattattack

The stream is so delayed lol.

Jatta is a beast though!

upthemaggies
29-03-2024, 04:50 PM
Stall: What do you know, put a ball into the box and we get a goal from it.

M0ufMk3
29-03-2024, 04:51 PM
time for jatta to come off. Showing the rest up

MAD_MAGPIE
29-03-2024, 04:51 PM
The only shining light in all of this is Jatta. 4 appearances and 4 goals.

We needed to be doing this before the 90th minute.

MapperleyMagpie
29-03-2024, 04:52 PM
Get in! Jattattack

So the guy who had 3 in 3 but was left on the bench scores? Who would have thought of it!

Riverleeno
Stall: What do you know, put a ball into the box and we get a goal from it.
COYP simple game football

upthemaggies
Notts down to 16th as it stands.

OP67
29-03-2024, 04:53 PM
And Jatta scores from a header, why didn't Maynard know what the commentator knew about their defending???!! I give up, Maynard HAS to go!!

BJPIE

League 2 football rewards.

irishpete
So the guy who had 3 in 3 but was left on the bench scores? Who would have thought of it!
The one & only "tinker man"

PedroTheFisherman66
Maynard in !! ..only joking !...

51Magpie
May have made a lot more difference if he'd been given more than 15 mins.

Big Bob
29-03-2024, 04:54 PM

Yes, 4 appearances, 4 goals and left on the bench. Well done Maynard. What a tactician and well done to the SM sympathisers who say he should be given more time

TheBlackHorse
29-03-2024, 04:55 PM
... simple cross played in ... guess what...goal! Most playing 3,4,5 touch - amateurs! That's not SM's fault. Some of you really are blind ...

Eastcoastultra1977
29-03-2024, 04:55 PM
I don't want to say it but Langstaff has been absolutely shocking. H emay as well not been on the ****ing pitch.

Big Bob
29-03-2024, 04:56 PM
I don't want to say it but Langstaff has been absolutely shocking. H emay as well not been on the ****ing pitch.

It's not just down to 1 player

Eastcoastultra1977
That was a total ****ing disgace

**** off maynard you ****.

upthemaggies
FT

Brace: Another defeat for Stuart Maynard...... Kyle Cameron's not happy about something, gone over to the ref.

Stall: Just not good enough, gobsmacked at the goals we conceded, even by Notts' standards. The way we go about the game.

Notts fans booing Maynard as he goes over to them.

Riverleeno
Can’t wait for the post match interview

OP67
29-03-2024, 04:57 PM
Maynard booed by the Notts fans as he went over to clap them XD

PedroTheFisherman66

I suppose that's what you get when you have a manager who doesn't play to his players strengths !!

WarsopPie
Looks like nobody else has bothered, so here's today's team:

https://i.postimg.cc/Lsqf4FM7/GJ1z05c-XQAASjfx.jpg (https://postimg.cc/3yTW96NC)

Cue Maynard’s after game press conference when he says slocombe was excellent

Thin_Man
29-03-2024, 04:58 PM
I've had the "pleasure" of listening to the Swindon commentary. In my opinion, they were laughing at Notts. And they weren't wrong.

Big Bob
29-03-2024, 04:59 PM
Can’t wait for the post match interview

I wonder how many times he says the word "LOOK"

upthemaggies
29-03-2024, 05:00 PM
Stall lamenting "It's almost unbelievable the change in Notts County".

And we all know what changed.

matt_magpie

Let’s be totally honest he’s been pretty bad for a couple of months or more now but rightly so has a lot of credit in the bank. It can’t be blamed on SM when he’s missing chances, he may have found his level.

Elite_Pie
Most playing 3,4,5 touch - amateurs! That's not SM's fault.

Of course it's Maynard's fault you halfwit.

You do realise he's the one coaching them?

SmiffyPie
Stall: What do you know, put a ball into the box and we get a goal from it.Exactly what the Swindon commentators said (along with appalling, meaningless football from Notts).

Old_pie
Cue Maynard’s after game press conference when he says slocombe was excellent

The post match interview will be along the lines of "Look, we were the better team and unlucky to lose. If it hadn't been for individual errors we would have won"

MapperleyMagpie
29-03-2024, 05:01 PM
Get in! Jattattack

Or starts every sentence with " no, yes but "

upthemaggies
29-03-2024, 05:01 PM

You count "Look" and I'll count "Moments"

Riverleeno
29-03-2024, 05:02 PM
I've had the "pleasure" of listening to the Swindon commentary. In my opinion, they were laughing at Notts. And they weren't wrong.yeah they couldn’t believe we were still dawdling with the ball after we got the goal back. Just no pressure on the Swindon defence

shoot_five
29-03-2024, 05:02 PM
Just popped a few quid on MK Dons to beat us by 2 or more. That was absolute f cking w nk

HeroPie1862
29-03-2024, 05:03 PM
Just popped a few quid on MK Dons to beat us by 2 or more. That was absolute f cking w nk

Oh dear.

matt_magpie
29-03-2024, 05:03 PM
Stall lamenting "It's almost unbelievable the change in Notts County".

And we all know what changed.

I agree and not defending SM as such but he’s picking all the players I believe LW would av picked as basically there’s not much more choice and whilst he’s played with tactics their not that different, at some point the players have to be held accountable too.

Riverleeno
29-03-2024, 05:04 PM
Look the lads are gutted, thought Jatta did well when he came on, look I forgot he was in the bench

shoot_five
...and I don't usually moan, or post at all to be honest. But Christ alive (no pun intended, given that it's Easter), that was just dire. The Swindon commentators said, after goal #2, "Notts County look surprised by their own incompetence" and I've never agreed more with anything a provincial broadcaster has said.

cher1
You count "Look" and I'll count "Moments"

And I'll be the one switching off because I can't bear to hear any more of it.

OP67

I'm not a gambling man but that's a dead cert XD

HeroPie1862
29-03-2024, 05:05 PM
I agree and not defending SM as such but he’s picking all the players I believe LW would av picked as basically there’s not much more choice and whilst he’s played with tactics their not that different, at some point the players have to be held accountable too.

A lot of the goals we've let in have been player mistakes, it's been gross to see at times.

I've only missed 1-2 games at home, honestly going forward we are fantastic and defensively (even with the losses) we're somewhat better.

I said to the Missus, it's almost like the players want him gone - the two goals today were dreadful, and you can't blame him for them even if he does manage the team, they were individual errors and it was horrible from them.

Edit: I just remembered this forum doesn't like facts, I'll go back into hiding now.

tied_up_in_notts
29-03-2024, 05:06 PM
The Swindon commentators said, after goal #2, "Notts County look surprised by their own incompetence"
They shouldn't be surprised by now - we're not.

SmiffyPie
29-03-2024, 05:06 PM
Sick and tired of this season.
An inadequate manager leading a bunch of petulant old men, braindead defenders, "wingers" that can't friggin wing, players that constantly turn back and all the rest of the NCFC sheite !!!

Riverleeno
29-03-2024, 05:08 PM
Look we were playing a big team and look Wealdstone as a club with our limited resources to try and contain them we did well

upthemaggies
On the bright side, we only need 1 more point now to be mathematically safe. Both Sutton and FGR can only get 51 points max.

Big Bob

I bet you got poor odds

WarsopPie
29-03-2024, 05:09 PM
On the bright side, we only need 1 more point now to be mathematically safe. Both Sutton and FGR can only get 51 points max.

And where’s that going to come from as it’s taken 13 games to get 4 points upto now?

MAD_MAGPIE
Yes, 4 appearances, 4 goals and left on the bench. Well done Maynard. What a tactician and well done to the SM sympathisers who say he should be given more time

It does beg the question why did Jatta not start or why was he not brought on earlier? He was the difference for us. Very frustrating especially after conceding two ridiculous goals.

I do wonder if in a parallel universe we don’t concede those two pathetic goals, we keep a clean sheet and Jatta starts or comes on sooner and scores one or even two.

Davy500
Stallard said robinson made a back pass no near Slocambe

KintoreMagpie
That has to be one of the most inept Notts’ performances I have seen. 2 joke goals conceded and endless meaning possession football. It took until injury time at the end of the game to start putting balls into the box and, guess what, Swindon looked incapable of defending them.

Davy500
29-03-2024, 05:10 PM

What about next season ??

WarsopPie

Would LW of dropped jatta after scoring 3 in 3? I’m not sure about that.
People like you sticking up for this clown that’s going to keep him here.

eastwoodmagpie

LOOK I should have had Jatta on the pitch sooner, LOOK just to Bad mistakes again, LOOK we the management team will get back on the training pitch. LOOK we did have Most of the ball, LOOK i thought Robertson and Slocombe played well, (joke)

Riverleeno
29-03-2024, 05:11 PM
…,and endless meaning possession football. It took until injury time at the end of the game to start putting balls into the box and, guess what, Swindon looked incapable of defending them.
This

Elite_Pie
29-03-2024, 05:11 PM
I've only missed 1-2 games at home, honestly going forward we are fantastic and defensively (even with the losses) we're somewhat better.

That couldn't be further from the truth. Under Maynard we are slow and ponderous going forward, and still just as bad defensively.

And I've seen every home game apart from the Pisspot Trophy.

Davy500
29-03-2024, 05:12 PM
Dont forget this is a poor swindon side in 20th place who lost the last 3

upthemaggies
29-03-2024, 05:13 PM
What about next season ??

Some other club will go bust, and another deducted 30 points, we'll be fine.

Woodypie
29-03-2024, 05:13 PM
... simple cross played in ... guess what...goal! Most playing 3,4,5 touch - amateurs! That's not SM's fault. Some of you really are blind ... Certainly LOOKs like Maynard is blind, hopefully not deaf too and heard the boos.

M0ufMk3
29-03-2024, 05:14 PM
A lot of the goals we've let in have been player mistakes, it's been gross to see at times.

I said to the Missus, it's almost like the players want him gone - the two goals today were dreadful, and you can't blame him for them even if he does manage the team, they were individual errors and it was horrible from them.

Edit: I just remembered this forum doesn't like facts, I'll go back into hiding now.

Some fair points there, but taking Jones off (okay he wasn't having a great game but he can do great things) was almost like saying "we're protecting the goal difference"

Maynard is too negative but the players cannot use that as an excuse to deflect from what was, collectively, an abomination of a (non) performance

marky
29-03-2024, 05:14 PM

With how things are going, I wouldn't rule out that being Notts.

maddogslater
29-03-2024, 05:15 PM
LOOK I should have had Jatta on the pitch sooner, LOOK just to Bad mistakes again, LOOK we the management team will get back on the training pitch. LOOK we did have Most of the ball, LOOK i thought Robertson and Slocombe played well, (joke)
Look ! We'll win Monday.
Look, a flying pig !

SmiffyPie
29-03-2024, 05:15 PM
I do wonder if in a parallel universe we don’t concede those two pathetic goals, we keep a clean sheet and Jatta starts or comes on sooner and scores one or even two.You mean this isn't the parallel universe? So we are not going to wake up anytime soon and find we are top of the Prem? Bollox!!

Old_pie
29-03-2024, 05:16 PM

Here are some FACTS:

Fullarton P12 W3 D1 L8 = Points 10
Maynard P13 W2 D2 L9 = points 8

16 Notts County 40 15 6 19 77 76 1 51 L L D W L L

Unless there is a miracle Monday will see the worst run of consecutive defeats in our entire history.

What FACTS do you have in defence? Possession? Or Possession leading to opposition goals?

meoldlaner
29-03-2024, 05:18 PM
I've had the "pleasure" of listening to the Swindon commentary. In my opinion, they were laughing at Notts. And they weren't wrong.
And if I heard correctly, one of them called us "Comedy County" Enough said.

Elite_Pie
29-03-2024, 05:19 PM
I bet you got poor odds

Not really, Bet365 go:

Milton Keynes Dons to win by 2 Goals Winning Margin 13/2

Milton Keynes Dons to win by 3 Goals Winning Margin 13/1

Milton Keynes Dons to win by 4 Goals+ Winning Margin 22/1

BigFatPie
29-03-2024, 05:22 PM

Facts?

I’ve got a season ticket and I’m not wasting my time on Monday if that buffoon is still in charge. Mike Williamson, if only.

upthemaggies
29-03-2024, 05:23 PM
Maynard post match: Errors have cost us.... frustrating.... we go again..... I don't feel the pitch has had an effect on the game.... individual errors.... timing of the goals.... MKD similar philosophy to us (ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!)

Sounds the most rattled I've heard him so far.

The "Look" count absolutely thrashing the "moments" count today.

BCnotts18

If the brothers lose interest after having their project fail to miserably on them, then I wouldn't be surprised if it were us.

Who on earth is going to put up an extra £16+ million, on top of what it would take to buy the club, to service our debts, if they decide they've had enough?

matt_magpie
Would LW of dropped jatta after scoring 3 in 3? I’m not sure about that.
People like you sticking up for this clown that’s going to keep him here.

I’m not sticking up for SM but seriously we do have to be slightly careful with him, he’d missed a lot of football before joining and Friday/Monday maybe a risk but that said without seeing the game, you have to think he should have come on a lot earlier.

the_anticlough

But that's not the way it works, is it? How can you hold 15+ contracted players accountable? For 8 pts from 39 games, the buck always stopped with the Head Coach.

matt_magpie
29-03-2024, 05:27 PM
In all seriousness they will see it as a bump in the road, a slightly large one but on the whole things have got better by each season.
That said they’ve got a couple of massive challenges, the squad needs a lot of changes and IF the budget is 10/12th next season then attracting a quality new manger becomes harder too.

marky
29-03-2024, 05:29 PM
If the brothers lose interest after having their project fail to miserably on them, then I wouldn't be surprised if it were us.

Who on earth is going to put up an extra £16+ million, on top of what it would take to buy the club, to service our debts, if they decide they've had enough?

They were talking about the club being sustainable next season, fat chance of that now they've messed up really badly. They're as to blame as much as Maynard for this but most of you won't like hearing that.

matt_magpie
29-03-2024, 05:29 PM

But that's not the way it works, is it? How can you hold 15+ contracted players accountable? For 8 pts from 39 games, the buck always stopped with the Head Coach.

I know and it will be SM who goes, but the message from higher up should be you’ve let the manager down, the fans down and us else where do you go with some of these players.

upthemaggies
29-03-2024, 05:30 PM

I've had the feeling since we replaced Ardley with Burchnall that it will end in tears for these owners and they will leave being compared at this level to the dark days of The Trust.

Getting a club this size out of tier 5 at the 4th attempt is hardly something to be grateful for, that was the least anybody could do.
It's at this level we get to see what they actually have to offer.

Tonight we are 16th.

Sutton United finished 8th in their first season after going up from the NL with no previous experience in the EFL and gates of 3k

the_anticlough
29-03-2024, 05:35 PM
I know and it will be SM who goes, but the message from higher up should be you’ve let the manager down, the fans down and us else where do you go with some of these players.

I've had a 'blasting the players post' in my head for a while now, for when the inevitable happened....but I'm going to drop that. As many have remarked, in the main they have tried over the last 13 games, and maintained minimum professional standards. It goes back to a badly misguided appointment in the first place, and a total lack of motivation and inspiration. We just need him gone, and let's start again.

BJPIE
29-03-2024, 05:37 PM

The project hasnt failed. Do you think they really thought we would go up. Yes they may have done at the end of Nov but not pre season. They are learning. It will be sinking in that their model requires technically better players, players with more heart, players mentally strong enough to play proffessional football. They also have to adapt the style to some degree to suit the environment of league two.
Summer recruitment is *****, as is releasing of players not good enough.
Maynard has turned out to be a mistake.
A new manager, who knows this league but can compromise on the model cannot be impossible to find.
They would have probaly thought 3 seasons in Div 2 before promotion secured a reasonable objective, not one.
Its been an eye opener for them and us as fans.
What they need to do now is act like businesmen and make the tough decisions.
If Maynard is here Monday and we lose, it will be impossible for the Bros not to listen to the fans.
Hopefully, they can reach a mutual agreement for him to go this evening or tomorrow.
Genuinely, for his sake. I do feel it will be as vitriolic as ML can be at 5pm on Monday if we are beaten

matt_magpie
29-03-2024, 05:45 PM

The project hasnt failed. Do you think they really thought we would go up. Yes they may have done at the end of Nov but not pre season. They are learning. It will be sinking in that their model requires technically better players, players with more heart, players mentally strong enough to play proffessional football. They also have to adapt the style to some degree to suit the environment of league two.
Summer recruitment is *****, as is releasing of players not good enough.
Maynard has turned out to be a mistake.
A new manager, who knows this league but can compromise on the model cannot be impossible to find.
They would have probaly thought 3 seasons in Div 2 before promotion secured a reasonable objective, not one.
Its been an eye opener for them and us as fans.
What they need to do now is act like businesmen and make the tough decisions.
If Maynard is here Monday and we lose, it will be impossible for the Bros not to listen to the fans.
Hopefully, they can reach a mutual agreement for him to go this evening or tomorrow.
Genuinely, for his sake. I do feel it will be as vitriolic as ML can be at 5pm on Monday if we are beaten

I agree with all that, its just be released that Wrexhams wage bill was 6 million quid a year the last accounting period, think ours was around 2m, clubs at this level are spending.
We need physicality in the side now, we’re just too vulnerable, we have no one that consistently wins 50-50s and teams know it.

legs77
29-03-2024, 05:51 PM
I've had the feeling since we replaced Ardley with Burchnall that it will end in tears for these owners and they will leave being compared at this level to the dark days of The Trust.

Getting a club this size out of tier 5 at the 4th attempt is hardly something to be grateful for, that was the least anybody could do.
It's at this level we get to see what they actually have to offer.

Tonight we are 16th.

Sutton United finished 8th in their first season after going up from the NL with no previous experience in the EFL and gates of 3k

Cut the arrogance out clubs our size and bigger have spent 4 years plus in NL.

We were an absolute mess when they took over then Covid struck which lets be right wasnt real football.

They are NOTHING like the trust at all and as I told Durham about LW being top class when he went if these owners go we are bang in trouble mark my words on that.

If they left tomorrow they will have done a good job as they have left us in a better place than they found us.

legs77
29-03-2024, 05:54 PM
And where’s that going to come from as it’s taken 13 games to get 4 points upto now?

He has 2 wins so more than 4 points.

We not need that point as those bottom teams not win every game.

Next season is the worry especially if he is charge.

JoePass
29-03-2024, 05:56 PM
Slocombe was not at fault at all before all the Slocombe haters jump on the bandwagon. It was an horrendous back pack which hit the post then where Slocombe was then came back out with the goal at his mercy. Shocking performance with Bostock giving it away so many times and both him and McGoldrick looking everyone of their years. We just look absolutely clueless

Well, what do you think of Slocombe now ?

crazyfists
29-03-2024, 06:11 PM
... simple cross played in ... guess what...goal! Most playing 3,4,5 touch - amateurs! That's not SM's fault. Some of you really are blind ...

Yes the players are in the main playing **** but Maynard doesn't have it in him to turn this around. There's also the strange choices in positions, starting players and subs. He's not got the personality to get this lot going. Notts have always done best with strong leaders Sirrel, Warnock, Allerdyce, Williams. All strong individuals, that's what we need as a club, we are normally abit wet and weak otherwise.

crazyfists
29-03-2024, 06:13 PM
And there's no way anyone should want these owners gone, they're learning on the job and will have taken alot from this season so they are more than entitled to mistakes.

JoePass
29-03-2024, 06:18 PM
Of course it's Maynard's fault you halfwit.

You do realise he's the one coaching them?

Not very often we agree but you are spot on with this.

M0ufMk3
29-03-2024, 06:22 PM
Well, what do you think of Slocombe now ?

Well I still think he was not at fault for the first goal and appallingly at fault for the second. Unfortunately he is probably the best of the three we have which says more about the recruitment given that his weaknesses are perfectly aligned to our preferred way of playing.