PDA

View Full Version : Chicksen deserves a bit of a pat on the back

BanjoPie
01-04-2024, 04:40 PM
Well played Adam Chicken who IMO had a good game and showed that he can cross the ball and proved he is capable of playing at L2 level

TSANHO
01-04-2024, 04:45 PM
Well played Adam Chicken who IMO had a good game and showed that he can cross the ball and proved he is capable of playing at L2 level

I literally just logged on to exactly the same thing, never in a million years expected someone to beat me to it.

Best defender at the club, by some considerable distance.

WarsopPie
01-04-2024, 04:45 PM

It’s only taken him 5 games before the end of the season to figure out how to play forward.

the_anticlough
01-04-2024, 04:47 PM

Yeah, I'm sure Chicks has put in a lot of work on his crossing. Just like he worked on getting into the box last season.
At wing-back, it will be frustrating at times because he can't beat his man, but he's a fantastic pro who will take on any challenge.

nw6pie
01-04-2024, 04:56 PM
Didn’t he used to play for Franchise FC? That may have given him a little more motivation today.

SwalePie
01-04-2024, 05:15 PM
Didn’t he used to play for Franchise FC? That may have given him a little more motivation today.

He did indeed, for quite a long time I think.

upthemaggies
01-04-2024, 05:22 PM
He did indeed, for quite a long time I think.

Joined them at 14 and was there for 7 years before moving to Brighton & HA.
MK is his birth place.

SwalePie
01-04-2024, 05:27 PM
Joined them at 14 and was there for 7 years before moving to Brighton & HA.
MK is his birth place.

Blimey, my memory's still working then >;)

Iremongersrighthand
01-04-2024, 05:30 PM
I think he was one of our star players last season and scored some crucial goals.

Could'vebeenacontender
01-04-2024, 05:39 PM
I can't understand the criticism he gets
He's decent

jackal2
01-04-2024, 05:50 PM
Chicks is a solid pro who will give you his best whatever position he's asked to play, and he's certainly one of our best defenders. It's unfortunate for him that he rarely gets the chance to play his natural position of left-back, being deployed instead as a wing-back or a central defender, but he's rarely let us down.

slack_pie
01-04-2024, 06:22 PM
He might not be the most exciting player going forward, but he's solid at the back and always gives 100%. I'd have him at LB in a back four, but what do I know.

TedBovisPie
01-04-2024, 07:01 PM
Was always a fan of Chicks his goals certainly contributed last season. If anything I think he follows the managers instructions a little too literally.

OldBanksy
01-04-2024, 07:13 PM
He put in a good cross that resulted in a goal, yes.

DuckPie
01-04-2024, 07:49 PM
He put in a good shift today.👏👏👏👏

SmiffyPie
01-04-2024, 08:29 PM
It’s only taken him 5 games before the end of the season to figure out how to play forward.Think you might find it's taken until 5 games before the end of the season to get balls in the right place for him. He can't deal with balls to feet and expect to beat a man, he's a defender! He can run onto a pass and cross the fekker though.

durhampie
01-04-2024, 08:49 PM
He might not be the most exciting player going forward, but he's solid at the back and always gives 100%. I'd have him at LB in a back four, but what do I know.

Much more than Maynard.. But come to think of it, we all do..

SinceSept1959
01-04-2024, 08:57 PM
Nice to see Chicks get the plaudits he deserves.
Often unfairly criticised and missed far too many games after his injury at Doncaster.
His contributions have been missed.

OP67
01-04-2024, 10:54 PM
Does a good post match interview as well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyw7Z4oWjh8

LaxtonLad
02-04-2024, 06:09 AM
Why people on here knock him when he's hardly played this season is beyond me. Yesterday showed what we've missed, a speedy overlapping left wing/defender who can cross a ball accurately and score goals too. I expect him to be dropped for the next game.

forwardmagpie
02-04-2024, 06:18 AM
Good performance followed by a good interview.
Nice to see you back Adam.

queenslandpie
02-04-2024, 08:32 AM
A very solid pro as others have said. I don't think he really fits into the squad and ethos all that well sadly in league 2 as he is generally too defensive to be a wing back but that cross yesterday which was right in front of me the stuff of legend. Well done! Another sound squad player though. Hope he can remain injury free.

Kent Magpie
02-04-2024, 09:55 AM
Why people on here knock him when he's hardly played this season is beyond me. Yesterday showed what we've missed, a speedy overlapping left wing/defender who can cross a ball accurately and score goals too. I expect him to be dropped for the next game.

Probably - I gather he was nursing a sore Achilles when he came off. It sounds like he, along with quite a few of them, is managing an injury whilst trying to play through necessity. If Jones is back I would imagine he will be on the bench at best.

Mark_Ross
03-04-2024, 07:00 PM
I'm not totally convinced about Chicksen, but have to admit that was a superb retrieval & cross for our second goal.

i961pie
04-04-2024, 04:51 AM
I'm not totally convinced about Chicksen, but have to admit that was a superb retrieval & cross for our second goal.

I agree has a defender he can do a job but not a wingback. He often slows attacks down by stopping and passing backwards. But Saturday he was one of our better players.

LaxtonLad
04-04-2024, 05:52 AM
I agree has a defender he can do a job but not a wingback. He often slows attacks down by stopping and passing backwards. But Saturday he was one of our better players.

We have a whole defensive line that continually stop and pass back, and sometimes sideways, don't we? That's why we have such a high percentage of possession. Now we have such a high target man as Jatta for him to aim at it makes sense to use someone who was such an asset last season. With Chicksen and Jones on the left, Nemane on the right, Jatta in the middle and Macca dashing about as he sees the gaps we really should be putting a fright in the opposition.