PDA

View Full Version : Problems Logging On To This Site / 'Plan B' Backup Plan

60YearsAPie
05-04-2024, 06:11 PM
I've had this message once or twice recently when attempting to log on to Footymad. Has anyone else had the same?

durhampie
05-04-2024, 06:15 PM
Ive had the same problem for the last couple of days...

marky
05-04-2024, 06:15 PM
I've noticed it a few times, last night and early this afternoon.

1955pie
05-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Which site did we say we we would all relocate to if Mad goes belly up?

uysapie
05-04-2024, 08:11 PM
Which site did we say we we would all relocate to if Mad goes belly up?

V!tal

uysapie
05-04-2024, 08:12 PM
I've noticed it a few times, last night and early this afternoon.

Glad it's not just me with the glitch.

ladyretfordpie
05-04-2024, 08:12 PM
Ive had the same problem for the last couple of days...

As have I! Been very annoying

Old_pie
05-04-2024, 08:57 PM
Quite a few times this past week. Comes back fairly quickly but annoying at times.

SwalePie
05-04-2024, 09:06 PM
Same here. It's saved me loads of time to be honest.

skandark
05-04-2024, 09:10 PM
Same for me as well.
When this happened a few months ago i did create an alternative for us to use but this site got fixed before i got around to mentioning it.
https://nottscountymad.freeforums.net/

Happy to setup Swale as admin if we want a fall back option?
Its empty at the moment and its free so if its used or not is no issue to me. Its there if people want it.

BigFatPie
05-04-2024, 09:27 PM
I’ve had a message for a few weeks, but particularly bad over the last few days. Something about raw data??

Elite_Pie
05-04-2024, 09:28 PM
Same for me as well.
When this happened a few months ago i did create an alternative for us to use but this site got fixed before i got around to mentioning it.

Its empty at the moment and its free so if its used or not is no issue to me. Its there if people want it.

Brilliant work skandark, that seems a really good alternative if this site does go down the pan.

The error message I get is "This site cannot be reached". At the moment it's occasional and usually doesn't last for long, but it would be good to know there is another option.

hissingdwarf
05-04-2024, 09:28 PM
Same for me as well.

After ten minutes of resetting passwords (as apparently I signed up to another forum run by Proboards or whatever it is!) I’m in!

BanjoPie
05-04-2024, 09:32 PM
I have problems logging out - just won’t let me!!!

skandark
05-04-2024, 09:33 PM
My errors were 503 errors which usually means the site servers are down or overly busy. Could have been maintenance i guess.
Re the new site, ill leave it up to Swale. I've no desire to be a mod, Im happy to setup the forum and any elements that may be useful.

And Grats to Hissingdwarf for being the first sign-up! :)

Observerpie
06-04-2024, 08:30 AM
Just registered for the new board.

upthemaggies
06-04-2024, 09:43 AM
We've had these problems before so I expect it will settle down soon enough. I have registered for the alternate board though just in case. If they ever did decide to pull the plug on footymad we probably wouldn't get much of a warning.

SwalePie
06-04-2024, 10:01 AM
Same for me as well.

I'd be more than happy to move to a new board if everyone's up for a change. Please DON'T make me an admin or moderator though! I resigned as moderator from this one several years ago so a move elsewhere would be a great chance to go back to being 'just another poster', rather than 'eternal temporary emergency' moderator I have become on here! :)

skandark
06-04-2024, 10:34 AM
No worries Swale :)
I would suggest everyone at least bookmarks the new site just in case. As Upthemaggies correctly stated we are likely to not get any notice so if you have a bookmark you at least know where to go.
You can always register later.

SwalePie
06-04-2024, 10:36 AM
No worries Swale :)
I would suggest everyone at least bookmarks the new site just in case. As Upthemaggies correctly stated we are likely to not get any notice so if you have a bookmark you at least know where to go.
You can always register later.

Done. Great advice.

Elite_Pie
06-04-2024, 10:47 AM
Just registered.

SwalePie
06-04-2024, 11:06 AM
Shall we leave a note for the others before we go? ;)

60YearsAPie
06-04-2024, 11:08 AM
Just registered.

Me too, with an updated username, not strictly true till next year.

forwardmagpie
06-04-2024, 11:16 AM
Registered- thanks

Old_pie
06-04-2024, 09:13 PM
Down again just now :(

CookieGuy
06-04-2024, 09:57 PM
Registered.

Big Bob
06-04-2024, 10:16 PM
Happening too regular

uysapie
06-04-2024, 11:27 PM
Signed up but what a rigmarole.

51Magpie
06-04-2024, 11:34 PM
Thanks for setting up the alternative site skandark, it works perfectly as far as I can see and I'd be happy to move to it if the regular site keeps playing up. At the moment that's still up and down like a whore's drawers.

LaxtonLad
07-04-2024, 07:51 AM
I've gone through all the rigmarole of registering, pressed CONTINUE then - nothing!

LincsPie
07-04-2024, 08:03 AM
Just wondering why nobody's mentioned the PON site, forums at https://prideofnottingham.co.uk/community/forum/8-notts-county-football-club/

skandark
07-04-2024, 08:04 AM
I've gone through all the rigmarole of registering, pressed CONTINUE then - nothing!

I think it sends an email with a code but cant be sure why its not worked for you.
As previously stated, it is a backup in case MAD goes down for any extended length of time so just save as a bookmark.
You will still be able to read threads and if it does become permenant I will stick up a guide of how to register.

So far we have 28 people already registered.

ancientpie
07-04-2024, 08:17 AM
I think it sends an email with a code but cant be sure why its not worked for you.
As previously stated, it is a backup in case MAD goes down for any extended length of time so just save as a bookmark.
You will still be able to read threads and if it does become permenant I will stick up a guide of how to register.

So far we have 28 people already registered.

Just bookmarked it in case but I'm not at all tech savvy so someone will have to walk me through registering if it ever come to it, re PoN I'm already registered ( or at least was last time I looked) but somehow could never get on with the site, another option though. Cheers, COYP

HeroPie1862
07-04-2024, 02:42 PM
Just bookmarked it in case but I'm not at all tech savvy so someone will have to walk me through registering if it ever come to it, re PoN I'm already registered ( or at least was last time I looked) but somehow could never get on with the site, another option though. Cheers, COYP

Look in your junk folder in your e-mail.

If the e-mail hasn't come through there's a possibility that the website blocks the email you are using, but I used a fairly common, free one and it was fine.

Try with an outlook and you should be good to go - https://outlook.live.com/mail/about/index_en.html

I can help you if you want me to.

1955pie
07-04-2024, 04:53 PM
Just thought of a major, major snag with this new forum idea.
Laddo might join. :?

maddogslater
07-04-2024, 05:35 PM
This is OK now 👌

skandark
07-04-2024, 08:16 PM
Just thought of a major, major snag with this new forum idea.
Laddo might join. :?

If we decided to move the we can probably port the banned ips/emails etc over

LaxtonLad
08-04-2024, 06:38 AM
I've got to the presumably final page on Forum Registration, clicked on Continue and... nowt, same as yesterday.

skandark
08-04-2024, 07:45 AM
I've got to the presumably final page on Forum Registration, clicked on Continue and... nowt, same as yesterday.

Check your Messages Laxton, I can hopefully assist you with this.

LaxtonLad
08-04-2024, 08:18 AM
Check your Messages Laxton, I can hopefully assist you with this.

No message from you, summats up.

skandark
08-04-2024, 10:32 AM
No message from you, summats up.

Weird its def showing as sent.

OP67
08-04-2024, 04:08 PM
I can't get on the new forum, keeps saying my username and password are incorrect even though I know they're not. Oh well guess it'll be Faceache only for me when this place goes POP!!!

Elite_Pie
08-04-2024, 07:23 PM
I found the new forum very easy to join, although it seems I had a previous account with ProBoards so it was just a case of remembering / guessing the password I had used. It's worth making the effort if only as a back up, because the MAD network seems to be getting worse lately.

TSANHO
08-04-2024, 07:25 PM
Mad is terrible, let’s leave.

shoot_five
08-04-2024, 10:53 PM
I daresay if folks chucked a quid a month each in (or some similar voluntary amount) someone could set up thenottsforum.co.uk or something with a message board and no ads. I'd pay to have somewhere reliable, ad-free, etc, and I barely ever post. I could do it when I get time but expect there are many more savvy people than me who could have it done in minutes.

OchPie
09-04-2024, 03:33 AM
If anyone would be interested in a Notts discord server (not a replacement for a forum, but maybe for matchday watchalongs and the like), I can also set one up...

Glad2BeAPie
09-04-2024, 04:06 AM
I've registered successfully this morning @ 5am.
As with others Mad was constantly down. Long live the new Site

Glad2BeAPie
09-04-2024, 04:20 AM
Registration is easy & self explanatory just input the info required into the boxes.
Email...Name...Age...
Gender...Username you want to be known as...Tick Box if your not a Robot...When you get an email with code. Long press on the code select copy in the little box that shows, back on the Registration screen, in the bix that says Code long press again and select paste. Then press the Activation box. If you've done it you'll get a confirmation email. Hope this helps

LaxtonLad
09-04-2024, 05:32 AM

I see you’ve sent it Skandark, but there’s nothing in my inbox ☹️

ancientpie
09-04-2024, 05:34 AM
Registration is easy & self explanatory just input the info required into the boxes.
Email...Name...Age...
Gender...Username you want to be known as...Tick Box if your not a Robot...When you get an email with code. Long press on the code select copy in the little box that shows, back on the Registration screen, in the bix that says Code long press again and select paste. Then press the Activation box. If you've done it you'll get a confirmation email. Hope this helps

Thanks for the advice but I managed on my own yesterday, I actually found it very simple with no need to copy & paste ( something I have never got my head round) or anything, just a simple form & confirmation email so I'm surprised so many seem to be having problems. COYP

WarsopPie
09-04-2024, 05:49 AM

Any chance someone could message me the link or address please for the new site? Thanks

Glad2BeAPie
09-04-2024, 06:07 AM
Any chance someone could message me the link or address please for the new site? Thanks

LaxtonLad
09-04-2024, 06:21 AM
Tried many times to join but now I give up, I take it's personal.

skandark
09-04-2024, 07:53 AM

Laxton send me a private message on this forum and include your email address. I can then set you up.
Theres nothing blocking anyone on the new site.

Alternatively if Swale is ok with it, just give your permission for him to send me your email and we can do it that way.

hissingdwarf
09-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Sensible. Really want as many from here to be registered and ready to jump as this place is regularly out of reach now with a variety of errors.

SmiffyPie
09-04-2024, 10:58 AM
If anyone would be interested in a Notts discord server (not a replacement for a forum, but maybe for matchday watchalongs and the like), I can also set one up...I remember in the early 2010's we had a site for matches. A dozen or so of us logged on and it was really good. No sniping, a good bit of banter but good game talk. I can't remember the site name but it was so good (It was a nice place to go when Mad got really nasty and drove people away). Sadly a few of those people have passed away.

SmiffyPie
09-04-2024, 11:09 AM
Account created no problem.

Observerpie
09-04-2024, 11:21 AM
I remember in the early 2010's we had a site for matches. A dozen or so of us logged on and it was really good. No sniping, a good bit of banter but good game talk. I can't remember the site name but it was so good (It was a nice place to go when Mad got really nasty and drove people away). Sadly a few of those people have passed away.

It was Rivals.

queenslandpie
09-04-2024, 01:09 PM
It was Rivals.

Remember it well there was quite a few of us Aussies on there then.

OP67
09-04-2024, 01:22 PM

It took me a few goes, it seems if you've signed up to Proboards before it can be a pain. I had to get a new password then change the password in my account.

SmiffyPie
09-04-2024, 02:09 PM
It was Rivals.It was a life saver at times. Spent a lot of the season across in the Republic and it was the only matchday contact I had. Some good people on there then (they pop up here every couple of years or so, they are lurking in the background XD

LaxtonLad
09-04-2024, 02:25 PM
Hooray I'm in!!! Thanks a lot Skandark, you're a star!

skandark
09-04-2024, 02:38 PM
Hooray I'm in!!! Thanks a lot Skandark, you're a star!

Glad you are sorted mate :)

OchPie
13-04-2024, 07:44 AM
The Discord I mentioned is here: https://discord.gg/gee4NHEZ

Not sure if it is really useful but let's see if people find it so.

applepie2
13-04-2024, 10:57 AM
Email...Name...Age...

By “Gender”, do they mean ***? Some people might see me as a bit feminine, but I’m definitely male.

60YearsAPie
15-04-2024, 10:11 AM
I had problems logging in again this morning. This site's becoming a joke. The sooner we all up sticks and move to skandark's site, the better. I'll be using only the new site next season for the Correct Scores competition. If there are fewer entrants it will make it easier for me to run. ;D

chaincey.ncfc
15-04-2024, 11:24 AM
There’s also an increase in the amount of ads with them popping up in between replies now

uysapie
15-04-2024, 11:45 AM
I had problems logging in again this morning. This site's becoming a joke. The sooner we all up sticks and move to skandark's site, the better. I'll be using only the new site next season for the Correct Scores competition. If there are fewer entrants it will make it easier for me to run. ;D

No problems today but agree re new site.

The Dug Out
15-04-2024, 12:37 PM
I daresay if folks chucked a quid a month each in (or some similar voluntary amount) someone could set up thenottsforum.co.uk or something with a message board and no ads. I'd pay to have somewhere reliable, ad-free, etc, and I barely ever post. I could do it when I get time but expect there are many more savvy people than me who could have it done in minutes.

I would be good with that, so long as no ads.

skandark
15-04-2024, 12:49 PM
Im sure one of our Aussie based lads mentioned doing this previously as they had some experience in web site setup?
Cant remember who it was though.
The new site I setup does the job but does have limitations, particulalrly regarding image posting

60YearsAPie
15-04-2024, 01:10 PM
Im sure one of our Aussie based lads mentioned doing this previously as they had some experience in web site setup?
Cant remember who it was though.
The new site I setup does the job but does have limitations, particulalrly regarding image posting

Now I've got used to it, I prefer the thumbnail that expands to full screen when clicked. It's much better when viewing my tables. ;D

This is my second attempt, as the site crashed when I was about to submit this!

ancientpie
15-04-2024, 02:40 PM
I would have no problem with moving because this site is being a pain lately but I think we are risking splitting the posters & that wouldn't be good for either site so I would make it a last resort myself. COYP

chaincey.ncfc
15-04-2024, 03:45 PM
Use the new site for Notts stuff and leave this one for handbags and general sniping

uysapie
15-04-2024, 03:53 PM
Use the new site for Notts stuff and leave this one for handbags and general sniping

Or use both?

chaincey.ncfc
15-04-2024, 04:00 PM
Or use both?

That’s what I suggested

The Dug Out
16-04-2024, 12:16 PM
Just wondering, With NCFC having a brand new web-site being developed couldnt we(someone) contact NCFC to ask the question to have a forum embedded in this new build?.

Old_pie
16-04-2024, 02:18 PM
Just wondering, With NCFC having a brand new web-site being developed couldnt we(someone) contact NCFC to ask the question to have a forum embedded in this new build?.

Such a move might see some discussion heavily censored.

hissingdwarf
23-04-2024, 10:18 PM
Got to say, this site is getting worse by the day regards not loading properly. Took 15 mins worth of attempts to get in tonight.

Really think we ought to be using the current alternative

From Skandark. Works every time…
Just needs more people to make the jump!

queenslandpie
23-04-2024, 11:19 PM
Got to say, this site is getting worse by the day regards not loading properly. Took 15 mins worth of attempts to get in tonight.

Really think we ought to be using the current alternative

From Skandark. Works every time…
Just needs more people to make the jump!

I think it would need an Elite Pie Style Poll and a migration plan. i.e. agreement in principle from all and then a cut off date.

Who is the migration master?!

Chicken Balti Pie
24-04-2024, 06:33 AM

Its never wise to have a club run board. It should always be independent to allow for a full range of topics without fear of reprisals. For instance, would log in be tied to your ticket account and such? Best not to get into that position

hissingdwarf
24-04-2024, 10:45 AM
I think it would need an Elite Pie Style Poll and a migration plan. i.e. agreement in principle from all and then a cut off date.

Who is the migration master?!

I've done a quick poll as a new thread following your suggestion.

uysapie
24-04-2024, 01:29 PM
Such a move might see some discussion heavily censored.

Such as the Maynard Out thread