PDA

View Full Version : Will Randall

TSANHO
06-04-2024, 06:02 PM
I’m finding myself willing things to change for him. Maynard clearly thinks there’s something there as he has been giving him appearances and putting him on the bench.

We just know literally nothing about him or what he can do and he must feel terrible about how this season has gone for him. Does anyone even know what position he’s meant to play? He comes on and plays out wide but I wonder if he could play where Austin plays, I hope we get to find out at some point.

WarsopPie
06-04-2024, 07:34 PM
I’m finding myself willing things to change for him. Maynard clearly thinks there’s something there as he has been giving him appearances and putting him on the bench.

We just know literally nothing about him or what he can do and he must feel terrible about how this season has gone for him. Does anyone even know what position he’s meant to play? He comes on and plays out wide but I wonder if he could play where Austin plays, I hope we get to find out at some point.

Should be shown the door last kick of the season and hopefully will followed by Morias and Maynard

kill_the_drum
06-04-2024, 07:34 PM
From memory he played mainly on the left wing for Sutton but is right footed.

OP67
06-04-2024, 07:37 PM
Should be shown the door last kick of the season and hopefully will followed by Morias and Maynard

Unfortunately both Morias and Randall are contracted until end of next season.I doubt there'll be many clubs willing to take either of them on.

PedroTheFisherman66
12-04-2024, 12:53 AM
Unfortunately both Morias and Randall are contracted until end of next season.I doubt there'll be many clubs willing to take either of them on.

it would be nice if both of them are given a fair chance to actually prove themselves before ditching them. Just a thought.

queenslandpie
12-04-2024, 03:11 AM
Randall was injury prone at Sutton and nothing has changed. We have no room in the budget for passengers when we will be carrying several defenders on 2 year contracts next season who probably are at best back up only as we need to rebuild the defence. We are not short of options upfront. Needs to be farmed out on loan.

SmiffyPie
12-04-2024, 08:21 AM
it would be nice if both of them are given a fair chance to actually prove themselves before ditching them. Just a thought.Apart from the later stages of a game we aren't in a position to give them a fair chance are we. Subs coming off the bench should be at least close to the same level as those coming off, neither of them are at the moment. Both of them have been strange recruitment decisions.

keldsyke
12-04-2024, 09:10 AM

We did, but I think that says more about us!!

OP67
12-04-2024, 10:39 PM
it would be nice if both of them are given a fair chance to actually prove themselves before ditching them. Just a thought.

How can we, they spend most of their time on the treatment table or generally missing with no explanation. Sorry but time to ship them out the door as soon as we can.

nw6pie
12-04-2024, 11:00 PM
I was at the training session for sponsors earlier today and Randall looked quite sharp on the training ground. Physically, he’s a bit taller than most of our other options in the wingback positions and will be like a new signing if he can get a pre-season behind him and stay fit - but therein lies the challenge.

Junior Morias was at the subsequent lunch, but didn’t take part in any of the training session. We really do need to move him on in the summer if possible - presumably back to the National League.

uysapie
13-04-2024, 01:01 AM
I was at the training session for sponsors earlier today and Randall looked quite sharp on the training ground. Physically, he’s a bit taller than most of our other options in the wingback positions and will be like a new signing if he can get a pre-season behind him and stay fit - but therein lies the challenge.

Junior Morias was at the subsequent lunch, but didn’t take part in any of the training session. We really do need to move him on in the summer if possible - presumably back to the National League.

No idea why we signed Morias in the first place!

PedroTheFisherman66
13-04-2024, 02:13 AM
No idea why we signed Morias in the first place!

i presume Langstaff's ready made replacement !?

matt_magpie
13-04-2024, 06:51 AM
If Macca stays and Scott signs I think Morias for his own sanity needs to go as he will be absolutely nowhere near the first team squad.
I’m still interested if Randall can make an impact, LW seemed to rate him from his past.
I’m still not totally convinced signing them injured/not fit was a mistake, are any of their subsequent injuries connected to the initial ones? or is it just bad luck?

jackal2
13-04-2024, 09:40 AM
I think the club need to be a bit more up front about what is or has been wrong with Will Randall and Junior Morias, within reason. There's no shyness about singing their praises and raising/encouraging supporter expectations when they sign for the club, so it's understandable that fans are asking "When will we actually see what they can do?".

At present, they're very much in the "sick note" category, with fans assuming they were either already permanently crocked when they arrived, or just can't be bothered, or just aren't good enough, so I'm not sure how a proper and more detailed explanation could make things any worse.

As matt_magpie says above, if it's the case that they've just been genuinely unlucky with injuries and there's nothing fundamentally wrong with them in terms of basic physicality or talent, then say so, and fans might be more patient with them as they battle to recover match sharpness.

SwalePie
13-04-2024, 10:30 AM
The last update on Morias was that he was dealing with personal/family issues, rather than being injured. Seems a bit unfair to bemoan his injury record if that's still the case. As far as Randall is concerned, I'd like to actually see a bit more of what he can do on the pitch before writing him off.

OP67
13-04-2024, 10:34 AM

Is he still employed as a footballer or just a bloody supporters liaison officer?!!! He really needs to move on for ours and his sakes!