PDA

View Full Version : How to remove bad luck

Woodypie
11-04-2024, 07:19 AM
I think it was Barry Fry that urinated on all four corner flags at Saint Andrew's to successfully end a losing streak. Salt over left shoulders, realigning team shakras, rabbits feet, burning sage around the stadium - anybody have any ideas what the club or fans could do to change our bad luck?

slack_pie
11-04-2024, 07:22 AM
Perhaps some kind of exorcism needs to be performed in the centre circle to remove the gypsy curse? Surely that'll be more cost-effective than signing better defenders.

Woodypie
11-04-2024, 07:27 AM
Perhaps some kind of exorcism needs to be performed in the centre circle to remove the gypsy curse? Surely that'll be more cost-effective than signing better defenders. Derby did that when at Baseball ground and after a ball mysteriously burst at kick off they went on to win 4-1 and avoid relegation. Might be worth a look?

slack_pie
11-04-2024, 07:35 AM
Derby did that when at Baseball ground and after a ball mysteriously burst at kick off they went on to win 4-1 and avoid relegation. Might be worth a look?

Could be, but I think all this is beyond our control. It's the universe evening things out. We had a thoroughly enjoyable season last year and actually won a penalty shootout at Wembley. Now we must suffer.

BanjoPie
11-04-2024, 07:36 AM
I think it was Barry Fry that urinated on all four corner flags at Saint Andrew's to successfully end a losing streak. Salt over left shoulders, realigning team shakras, rabbits feet, burning sage around the stadium - anybody have any ideas what the club or fans could do to change our bad luck?

Stopping the doomsayers with negative thoughts and comments from attending matches should work!!!

forwardmagpie
11-04-2024, 07:52 AM

Or when in doubt kick the ball into row Z

Woodypie
11-04-2024, 08:29 AM
I briefly dated a Danish girl in the 80s and the Danes have lots of traditional good luck lore. Maybe Bros didn't jump off a chair just as the New Year bongs started or didn't kick a black cat out of a barrel just before Christmas. Or, as in the song, maybe there is a lonely magpie at Meadow Lane that needs a friend for us all to be joyful.

Woodypie
11-04-2024, 08:32 AM
Stopping the doomsayers with negative thoughts and comments from attending matches should work!!!
Maybe, but it would have the crowd. Alternatively, we could all be given rose-tinted glasses to watch the match!

since41
11-04-2024, 09:07 AM
I briefly dated a Danish girl in the 80s and the Danes have lots of traditional good luck lore. Maybe Bros didn't jump off a chair just as the New Year bongs started or didn't kick a black cat out of a barrel just before Christmas. Or, as in the song, maybe there is a lonely magpie at Meadow Lane that needs a friend for us all to be joyful.

Gee's could t you find owt younger mate.

lunaspie
11-04-2024, 09:18 AM
Gee's could t you find owt younger mate.

She must have been an old krone.

Notts78
11-04-2024, 09:20 AM
You make your own luck… Notts thought they could get through a season with a threadbare squad. Once we had 3/4 injuries we were always going to be flogging the rest of the squad.

1955pie
11-04-2024, 09:30 AM
You make your own luck… Notts thought they could get through a season with a threadbare squad. Once we had 3/4 injuries we were always going to be flogging the rest of the squad.

^ This ^

SmiffyPie
11-04-2024, 09:40 AM
She must have been an old krone.But she wasn't very schilling.

WarsopPie
11-04-2024, 09:54 AM

Maybe trying sacking the clown in charge of the team? Just an idea.;D

lunaspie
11-04-2024, 09:56 AM
But she wasn't very schilling.

That didn't stop him getting his Lego-ver.

slack_pie
11-04-2024, 10:33 AM

Outstanding!

SmiffyPie
11-04-2024, 10:48 AM
Outstanding!No, In sitting.

Woodypie
11-04-2024, 11:14 AM
Gee's could t you find owt younger mate. Excellent! To be fair, I was in the 80s too. I think she had a bit of a thing for Killer but couldn't stand Gordon Mair.

BenFostersGloves
11-04-2024, 12:03 PM
Back to basics. None of this pointless passing it around nonsense. Get it to your fullback and put it in the channels then press the second ball.

since41
11-04-2024, 12:30 PM
No, In sitting.
Tubouged to stand at that age.

Lullapie
11-04-2024, 10:20 PM

Would that to Lur him Pak to Denmark though?

lunaspie
12-04-2024, 12:40 AM
Would that to Lur him Pak to Denmark though?

Her parting words were, 'You'll always be welcome in Aarhus.'

Kent Magpie
13-04-2024, 07:22 PM
Has anyone noticed the luck has changed since Warsop exiled themselves? Just saying…