PDA

View Full Version : I will not be renewing but !!!

Piessince67
27-04-2024, 04:25 PM
I have had a season ticket this year,i have not missed a single game,and i fully expect to go to most games next season ,but i will not be renewing my season ticket.

nw6pie
27-04-2024, 04:38 PM
I have had a season ticket this year,i have not missed a single game,and i fully expect to go to most games next season ,but i will not be renewing my season ticket.

It’s going to take time to progress up the leagues (ask Mansfield), so why the histrionics? This season has petered out rather badly, but I trust the owners to learn from their mistakes and get us challenging for automatic promotion next season. Like many others, I’m not convinced by SM and he’s overseen some dire performances, but let’s see how we strengthen in the summer and then go again.

Piessince67
27-04-2024, 04:44 PM
As i said i will go tomost games and buy my ticket.

MapperleyMagpie
27-04-2024, 04:45 PM
It’s going to take time to progress up the leagues (ask Mansfield), so why the histrionics? This season has petered out rather badly, but I trust the owners to learn from their mistakes and get us challenging for automatic promotion next season. Like many others, I’m not convinced by SM and he’s overseen some dire performances, but let’s see how we strengthen in the summer and then go again.

Love your optimism and so wish I shared it, but unless at least half this team, most of the defence, all the keepers plus Maynard are gone, we are at best mid table at worst relegation fodder.

WarsopPie
27-04-2024, 04:46 PM
As i said i will go tomost games and buy my ticket.

Said from Day 1 mate when this clown was appointed I know at least 7-9 that won’t be renewing.
They would rather wait till he’s sacked early next season which is a dead cert then pay on a pay as you go basis even if it does cost more in the long run.

marky
27-04-2024, 04:47 PM
Season ticket sales will be down whatever they do.

nw6pie
27-04-2024, 04:57 PM
Season ticket sales will be down whatever they do.

Why? How many boring games were there at Meadow Lane this season? If people are coming to watch Notts because they think we’re going to win every game, they should probably go and watch Man City instead. We had half a good season, before losing our manager and then losing our way. Lots to put right for next season, but it’s a bit early to be writing us off.

jackal2
27-04-2024, 05:03 PM
I'll be getting mine, no problem. Overall I think the club's in very good hands with these owners. I've got significant doubts about the current Head Coach, but it's inevitable that there will be times under any ownership regime where fans and leadership don't see completely eye to eye.

Football isn't a perfect science, it's about trial and error, and the recruitment in the summer really needs to be focused on addressing the side's lack of physicality, aggression and defensive fundamentals. That way, we should be okay in this league, whether it takes Stuart Maynard or someone else to realise that potential.

Piessince67
27-04-2024, 05:11 PM
I will be buying my match ticket early games,but i want the option to vote with my feet.I hope it does not come to that and if i go to every game then the club have gained from me paying more.However this nonsense about "loyal supporters" just allows an unsatisfactory situation to continue.I just cannot renew with so many doubts .

marky
27-04-2024, 05:14 PM
The novelty of being back in the Football League will have worn off and the fixtures next season aren't very attractive so I expect a drop in ST holders.

matt_magpie
27-04-2024, 05:16 PM
I'll be getting mine, no problem. Overall I think the club's in very good hands with these owners. I've got significant doubts about the current Head Coach, but it's inevitable that there will be times under any ownership regime where fans and leadership don't see completely eye to eye.

Football isn't a perfect science, it's about trial and error, and the recruitment in the summer really needs to be focused on addressing the side's lack of physicality, aggression and defensive fundamentals. That way, we should be okay in this league, whether it takes Stuart Maynard or someone else to realise that potential.

I’m on the exact same page, if the problems are addressed pre season then I will judge him properly then. He's definitely underperformed results wise but with the blow of LW going to the players and the silly errors for me it’s slightly muddied the water to be 100% sure either way on him.

BigFatPie
27-04-2024, 05:18 PM
Not a fan of the head coach but I’ll definitely be renewing. The club’s in good hands and they deserve our backing, even if their recruitment choices aren’t particularly good atm.

WarsopPie
27-04-2024, 05:22 PM
Not a fan of the head coach but I’ll definitely be renewing. The club’s in good hands and they deserve our backing, even if their recruitment choices aren’t particularly good atm.

Another happy clapper pissing his pants

jackal2
27-04-2024, 05:23 PM
The silly errors certainly need to be left behind, and that means leaving behind the excuses for over-playing in defensive parts of the pitch. "We want players to take responsibility" is not an acceptable explanation for the ridiculous risks we've taken this season that have led to the concession of multiple comical goals. That nonsense needs to stop, now.

keldsyke
27-04-2024, 05:34 PM
Has anyone heard anything about prices or have I missed it?

marky
27-04-2024, 05:36 PM

Announcemnet coming on Monday I think.

nw6pie

Being announced on Monday. Not sure why it’s so late, but maybe there’s some marketing hook they’ll be revealing?

irishpete
Released this week I believe

BigFatPie
27-04-2024, 05:37 PM
Another happy clapper pissing his pants

Kids, stay off the crystal meth. It affects your ability to read.

SmiffyPie
27-04-2024, 07:10 PM
Why? If people are coming to watch Notts because they think we’re going to win every game, they should probably go and watch Man City instead.Don't quite know the correct response to that sentence but don't most people who go expect (want/think) Notts to win?

nw6pie
27-04-2024, 07:25 PM
Don't quite know the correct response to that sentence but don't most people who go expect (want/think) Notts to win?

Maybe a few have grown too accustomed to us winning most of our home games over the past five seasons. I just find the “not renewing my season ticket” response rather laughable.

Piessince67
27-04-2024, 07:39 PM
Laugh by all means but you are clearly missing the point

Elite_Pie
27-04-2024, 07:42 PM

I can almost say the same:

I have had a season ticket this year, I have not missed a single home game, and I fully expect to go to most games next season. I will be renewing my season ticket as soon as they come available.

matt_magpie
27-04-2024, 07:45 PM
Maybe a few have grown too accustomed to us winning most of our home games over the past five seasons. I just find the “not renewing my season ticket” response rather laughable.

Me too and more so people that keep making the same statement every week or more, we get it you’re not getting a season ticket, who cares????

nw6pie
27-04-2024, 07:47 PM
Laugh by all means but you are clearly missing the point

The point is if you think a season like this is a reason not to renew your season ticket, you clearly weren’t around when we were truly dire and the entertainment value was pretty much zero.

Chicken Balti Pie
27-04-2024, 07:57 PM
I can almost say the same:

I have had a season ticket this year, I have not missed a single home game, and I fully expect to go to most games next season. I will be renewing my season ticket as soon as they come available.

I don't get their logic, if you're going to go to most games anyway, surely save yourself money and buy a season ticket? 🤣

Piessince67
27-04-2024, 07:59 PM
Once again i will say you are missing the point.I said quite clearly that i will be buying tickets on a match by match basis ,and if i go to every game then the club has extra revenue from me.However i want to reserve the option ,where things are wrong and not being addressed ,i cease going.That is my right as a consumer.Remember that if you keep going ,week in week out,you are very loyal,and that is admirable ,but things will not change.

irishpete
27-04-2024, 08:03 PM
What point are you making? Your not buying a season ticket? So what, your still going to the games. Be different if you said I had one this season but not getting one next season or setting foot in ML until this or that changes. Thread about nothing

matt_magpie
27-04-2024, 08:13 PM
Once again i will say you are missing the point.I said quite clearly that i will be buying tickets on a match by match basis ,and if i go to every game then the club has extra revenue from me.However i want to reserve the option ,where things are wrong and not being addressed ,i cease going.That is my right as a consumer.Remember that if you keep going ,week in week out,you are very loyal,and that is admirable ,but things will not change.

We get the point, you will go and support the team and financially support the club when everything is to your liking.

Piessince67
27-04-2024, 08:19 PM
Absolutely correct ,and i am a fairly typical consumer

Elite_Pie
27-04-2024, 08:21 PM
Remember that if you keep going ,week in week out,you are very loyal,and that is admirable ,but things will not change.

Bullsh!t. Many of us have kept going year in year out, and things have changed regularly.

Sometimes good changes, sometimes bad. That's part of the appeal.

uysapie
27-04-2024, 08:21 PM

You missed out fair weather.

matt_magpie
27-04-2024, 08:23 PM

Also known as a fair weather supporter, which is fine as the club welcome the additional fans when it’s doing well. I just don’t get why you have to start an actual thread stating your decision.

Piessince67
27-04-2024, 08:27 PM
Fair weather is amusing,where do you think a 10900 average came from .

Piessince67
27-04-2024, 08:27 PM
A message to Elite Pie ,you are not very bright

matt_magpie
27-04-2024, 08:30 PM

Fair weather is amusing,where do you think a 10900 average came from .

Fair weather supporters?

Piessince67
27-04-2024, 08:34 PM
Its called providing a product that appeals ,thats why crowds go up and they go down.

Elite_Pie
27-04-2024, 08:43 PM
A message to Elite Pie ,you are not very bright

A message back - what bit wasn't I very bright on?

matt_magpie
27-04-2024, 08:48 PM
Its called providing a product that appeals ,thats why crowds go up and they go down.

Really? You learn something new every day as they say.

Piessince67
27-04-2024, 08:57 PM
A message to Elite Pie ,you descibed my message as bull****,well its fine to disagree with what i said ,but that is an aggresive response and hence my reply.

irishpete
27-04-2024, 09:03 PM
A message to Elite Pie ,you descibed my message as bull****,well its fine to disagree with what i said ,but that is an aggresive response and hence my reply.

You seriously think that was aggressive?? You need to get out & see the real world

matt_magpie
27-04-2024, 09:08 PM

You seriously think that was aggressive?? You need to get out & see the real world

Agree, but not out to meadow lane, well not if their not winning.

queenslandpie
27-04-2024, 09:10 PM
Well reading the thread one thing we can all agree on is that the appointment of SM as head coach has certainly split the fan base. Although quite a few people thought Williams was weak in areas but he nearly has Swansea top half now. Not bad for a team that was relegation fodder for many. Let's just see how SM does next season and who we bring in and manage to get rid of. There is a lot of work to do that's for sure.

Piessince67
27-04-2024, 09:11 PM
Yea that is the reply i expected.I have to admit i circulate amonst educated professional people ,so my real world is probably very different to yours.Fair enough.

Piessince67
27-04-2024, 09:12 PM
That was addressed to Elite Pie

matt_magpie
27-04-2024, 09:24 PM
Well reading the thread one thing we can all agree on is that the appointment of SM as head coach has certainly split the fan base. Although quite a few people thought Williams was weak in areas but he nearly has Swansea top half now. Not bad for a team that was relegation fodder for many. Let's just see how SM does next season and who we bring in and manage to get rid of. There is a lot of work to do that's for sure.

Exactly, SM’s results have been awful. That said if he’s here after the next couple of weeks the reason will be the owners have their ear to the ground within the club and have the belief with new players he will get results. If he doesn’t I have absolutely no doubt they will pull the trigger, their calm and calculated and have put near 20m in already, they won’t mess around.

Elite_Pie
27-04-2024, 09:41 PM
I have to admit i circulate amonst educated professional people ,so my real world is probably very different to yours.

If that is where you circulate, then your grammar suggests that you are way out of your depth! I have to admit I am rather uneducated and unprofessional, but I (not i) can at least spell 'amongst'. And I would never put a space before a comma rather than after it.

durhampie
27-04-2024, 09:49 PM

£20 across the board

Piessince67
27-04-2024, 09:52 PM
Oh right ,well my degree was in maths so my grammar is not my stongest point but thank you for pointing it out.The point is that i my original l post very much applies to me ,i will be buying tickets on a match by match basis ,call me what you will,but i dont think i will be untypical.

matt_magpie
27-04-2024, 09:53 PM
£20 across the board

What do you mean Durham?

matt_magpie
27-04-2024, 10:08 PM
Oh right ,well my degree was in maths so my grammar is not my stongest point but thank you for pointing it out.The point is that i my original l post very much applies to me ,i will be buying tickets on a match by match basis ,call me what you will,but i dont think i will be untypical.

No you’re not untypical but firstly still don’t know why you need to start a thread stating your decision and secondly Elite was correct. I’ve seen more change at Notts’s than I care to remember and little of those decisions were about if fair weather fans were going or not. They were countless knee jerk decisions on appointing and dismissing managers that ultimately lead us to non league. These owners are far to intelligent and calm to be swayed by emotion and they’ll long term get it right and in the short term will make mistakes.

SwalePie
27-04-2024, 10:18 PM
Yea that is the reply i expected.I have to admit i circulate amonst educated professional people ,so my real world is probably very different to yours.Fair enough.

*different from

Sorry, couldn't resist. O:)

Mapperleypie
27-04-2024, 10:26 PM
I'm almost certainly going to renew mine and my lads ST's in the Pavis but I want to see the prices first. Hope the brothers don't take the proverbial like those across the river.

i961pie
28-04-2024, 05:43 AM
We gained about 1500 extra season ticket holders on the back of our Wembley win so I would expect we will lose a few of those plus some of our older fans may have passed on or are not well enough to attend.
Personally I will be getting mine even though I will miss a few games between late January and mid March.

durhampie
28-04-2024, 10:06 AM
What do you mean Durham?

All season ticket categories are going up by £20..

dobbsad
28-04-2024, 10:28 AM

Or even atypical!

jackal2
28-04-2024, 11:01 AM
I have to admit i circulate amonst educated professional people.

That's a fast-track way to lose any common sense.

upthemaggies
28-04-2024, 12:28 PM
Uncertainty about kick off times next season, due to the new TV deal, might put a few off renewing, at all FL clubs.

nw6pie
28-04-2024, 01:07 PM

That would be incredibly reasonable if true (no offence to your source, Durham), given the general rise in prices since last year.

WarsopPie
29-04-2024, 08:00 AM
That would be incredibly reasonable if true (no offence to your source, Durham), given the general rise in prices since last year.

Does anyone know what time there be released today?

matt_magpie
29-04-2024, 08:07 AM

Cheers Durham I misread your post somehow 😂 20 quids more than reasonable I think.

Elite_Pie
29-04-2024, 09:27 AM
Does anyone know what time there be released today?

All in the link:

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2024/april/2024-25--season-tickets-240424/

Piessince67
29-04-2024, 11:46 AM
Given the generosity shown by the club and the renewal deadline of July 1st 1 will now be renewing.

nw6pie
29-04-2024, 08:51 PM
Given the generosity shown by the club and the renewal deadline of July 1st 1 will now be renewing.

Good call! Hope you enjoy the ups and downs we’re no doubt guaranteed.

Elite_Pie
29-04-2024, 09:12 PM

So this thread should be retitled:

"I will not be renewing but I've changed my mind and will be renewing!!!"

hissingdwarf
29-04-2024, 09:24 PM
so this thread should be retitled:

"i will not be renewing but i've changed my mind and will be renewing!!!"

:p :p :p

Piessince67
29-04-2024, 10:15 PM
I actually thought changing your mind was an option we all have.

Jampie
29-04-2024, 10:37 PM
Eh, Hats off to anyone who changes their mind based on new information. That's how brains are supposed to work!

Elite_Pie
29-04-2024, 10:50 PM
I actually thought changing your mind was an option we all have.

You'll think differently tomorrow.

tied_up_in_notts
29-04-2024, 11:51 PM
Eh, Hats off to anyone who changes their mind based on new information. That's how brains are supposed to work!
I would have thought that using your brain correctly means waiting until you are in full possession of all the relevant information before making a decision and acting like a drama queen on the internet about it