+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: First time poster

First time poster

Supported the Alex from afar for 25 years family relocated to Scotland when I was really young and I’ve not been to a match in years. Finally have a job and life that will allow me a free Saturday here and there to get down for a game. Last time I seen them live was a 2-0 win Nicky Maynard double and a motm performance from Rodney Jack away at Carlisle. Any recommendations from folk of good pre match boozers? Best place to sit in the ground these days? IFollow been a god send for me that last season until the form dropped off a ****ing cliff but would be nice to get back to a game in person. Cheers in advance for any responses

Depends on the kind of beer you're looking for. The one on the corner of Mill St/Nantwich Road is an away pub. The Barrel and the Brunswick (this for a second time) have closed. The British Lion and the Express have a crowd if you're not fussy about what you drink. The Royal seems to have away fans. There is a decent place for beer further down Nantwich opposite Ernest St but is very small. So not very encouraging unless you're not fussy about your beer, I'm afraid.
    As for best place to be in the ground, again this depends. If you want to spend all of your time stood up and don't mind the risk of some tosspot hitting you on the head with a flare, then the Gresty End is the place for you. To be positive, it is the part of the ground that does most to generate atmosphere. It's also the first part of the ground the players turn to celebrate.
    The best views of the pitch and the play though are from the Main Stand, particularly in line with the edge of either penalty area, about 10-15 rows up.
    That's my opinion. Others can freely point out that I'm a miserable old git and that the Gresty End is best🙂

Good times seeing Nicky Maynard and Rodney Jack playing together.

Thanks very much for the info Gazan! Was a good side we had then, maybe would’ve been the 1st/2nd season after relegation. Had a lot of good and ****e since then. Sure Rodney was a short lived return but he was brilliant. Just spoke to my dad and realised it was baudet who got the first! Blast from the past and feeling very old. Will give the Gresty end a go and see how old I really am!