+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Paqueta - hit with gambling charge

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    All of the above lost points were due to the weakened squad due to the horrific injuries plus the suspension.

Had all of the fringe players in the squad been first choice selections then we wouldn't have been in that position.
    Yes Pat, totally agree.

Pope & Botman fit for the full season are worth 10pts between them easily. Joelinton and those two fellas available through out we'd absolutely have finished 4th. Of that I have no doubt.

This summer is going to see massive upgrades in those weaker positions.

GK - Mamardashvili is a that man. The Isak of Goal Keepers IMO

RCB - Take Ya pick. I'm sure we'll get someone quality

LB/RB - Hall & Tino - Boxes already ticked. Targett situation needs to be sorted out + Kelly, Tripz & Krafthu we're all good at FB

CMF - Bruno, J7, Tonali (quality x3), Willock, Anderson, Longstaff & Miley solid squad depth. Possible one in/one out but Happy

RWF - Miggy needs to go, good lad but we need end product he just doesn't deliver going forward. Minteh very excited to see what happens with him. Murphy great squad player for depth. Defo need a + 1 quality player Mbuemba is decent depending on price.

LWF - All good Gordon & Barnes, Excellent pair to push each other + J7, Willock & Anderson can all play there. Also Hall.

CF - Wilson's time is up, defo need a replacement someone 20-23 who gets 10 goals+ from the bench / rotation. Wilson only managed 10 goals so that's what is needed to be replaced.

A life time ban seems insane, however it might be more to do with the cover up and the betting against himself so it's more corruption I guess.

The addiction side of things I have sympathy for anyone who has suffered. I have had problems with alcohol in my life, so I'm accurately aware of the affects addiction can have.

However, if it's more insidious behaviour, rigging matches etc, I really can't support or defend that behaviour.

Such a sad things if it's true and it goes through, what a waste of talent.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)