+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 📝Matty Platt signs

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    In other news, the wheel has been invented.

Name:  Screenshot 2024-05-29 001759.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  19.6 KB
    Last edited by SwalePie; 28-05-2024 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Not disagreeing with you. Conceding 17 penalties didn’t help the defence. The other stat is that 34% of goals were conceded from the 71st minute onwards. So either fitness, ****e changes, or lack of squad depth hampered us.
    Interesting stats and I didn’t realise we had conceded so many penalties. Talk about the gift that kept on giving and being our own worst enemy.

That must surely be up there as a record in one season. I’ve not got the time but it would be interesting to know how many games the result was determined by the penalties like how many we lost or drew as a result. The other thing to bare in mind is were they conceded from our own mistakes playing out or around the back then losing possession to which we then panicked and then made last ditch tackles because we didn’t have the time or pace to recover? My gut says the latter rather than the former.

Or just general clumsy ill timed challenges when opposing players ran into our box?

I would also imagine some were dubious and poor refereeing decisions as well that went against us.

Either way it certainly needs to come down by at least ten goals next season as seven penalties for me would be a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Interesting stats and I didn’t realise we had conceded so many penalties. Talk about the gift that kept on giving and being our own worst enemy.

That must surely be up there as a record in one season. I’ve not got the time but it would be interesting to know how many games the result was determined by the penalties like how many we lost or drew as a result. The other thing to bare in mind is were they conceded from our own mistakes playing out or around the back then losing possession to which we then panicked and then made last ditch tackles because we didn’t have the time or pace to recover? My gut says the latter rather than the former.

Or just general clumsy ill timed challenges when opposing players ran into our box?

I would also imagine some were dubious and poor refereeing decisions as well that went against us.

Either way it certainly needs to come down by at least ten goals next season as seven penalties for me would be a lot.
    17 penalties against is insane. Imagine having 17 penalties for your team - your penalty taker would automatically be among the division's top scorers.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456