+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Who goes who stays?

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    I'd say 49'ers are hands-on & daily involved but as of yet don't interfere unduly, unless you've heard different ?

What they don't know about English football's inner-process then they've defo put the right football people in place who do know 'tho, imo.
    Hammond did a good job as the transfer guru in our rushed summer rebuild & left Farke to ok all final signings in limited time all within an agreed budget.

I read in the New York Times they are ok with Farke’s style of management which is strict & he only relies on his Head of Performance Chris Domogalla to read the riot act behind closed doors if players aint doing the biz on/off the pitch with hefty fines dished out if agreed 'personal-plans' are not adhered too.

The 49'ers cannot fault Farke’s decision to ban Gnonto from first-team training after he made it clear publicly he wanted Leeds to accept bids for him from Everton & 49'ers did'nt cash in that sour episode either.
    Same again with his decision to isolate Sini while the arrogant Colombians Agent tried to publicly demonstrate to Leeds his contract legally entitled him to leave ER in which all club officials managed that situ well too.
    The Cresswell’s "dissatisfaction" at being Farke’s 4th choice central defender episode too was dealt swiftly with, so Farke has picked his fights carefully but he picked them all the same for reasons not always known publicly & 49'ers let him do it when cash offers were certainly in for Charlie too at that time.

So unless the 49'ers chase the Philosopher Graham Potter (again), it looks like Farkes 3 years contract rundown aint in doubt yet as they obviously like the "cut of his jib" & appreciate that he does'nt often talk himself into trouble with the meddling media shenanigans always lurking around ER corridors looking for an exclusive story from disillusioned personelle.

Moreover, to this point the 49'ers have heavily backed him within tightish-purse strings too, so as a whole they're not gonna press the panic button yet with a call for expensive mass recruitment to a squad Farke specifically asked for from them, are they ?

Each to their own views of course but personally this setback Play-off loss has just kinda faded away outta my system.

Maybe its an age related phase of being a Leeds Utd fan nowadays just suffering from a syndrome caused by lowered expectations ?

For me, I still do care about my team but those "heady heights" of expectations have maybe gone as one puts all life into perspective.
    Possibly football wise cos the PL, FA Cup etc is now not the same or more likely it's probably just a new form of an un-diagnosed fans dose of the 'Golem effect' inflicted upon certain football clubs. 🙂
    Let's look forward to League 1.

Bielsa, for all his faults and stubborn views on who should an shouldn't play, shows passion and demonstrated integrity, and the players responded (sometimes not always as desired). Der Fuhrer hasn't had inspired any such passion or dedication and players who see a more lucrative future elsewhere will depart rather than see a journey through rather than "take a chance".

Sorry to change subject , but any names in the hat for our new manager ?

May I throw in Graham Potter,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Bloke at the Wendies has done well as has Fuentes at QPR.

Depends what the owners want.

If Farke can pull off 90 points again we should definitely go up. He seems to rely on his system working over the course of a season irrespective of individual games and to some degree he has a point. He is a decent manager at this level but I hope the owners ask him searching questions as we fell apart over two months at the end of the season and he didn’t have the answers.

He doesn’t seem prone to adapting for specific teams and being very reactive to what goes on in an individual game. There may be a lot of mathematical merit in that approach too.

He doesn’t seem great at keeping everyone involved or developing younger players. That could be a problem given the young talent we have coming through. We are bound to lose a few in the summer transfer window but who will want to stay out of Joffy, Cresswell and Shackleton - they all need to be playing regular football - and so with the likes of Summerville and Gnonto (his agent is already planting Serie A stories), Rodon, Roberts, Cooper, Dallas and Ayling all most likely gone there are some holes to fill in the squad.

I also don’t think his approach is that suited to the prem assuming we ever get there.

I wouldn’t be gutted if we kept him but there a lot of talented and hungry young coaches out there if we want to switch horses.

Thing is, whatever happens we’re back to square one again, seems to happen every season with us, bielsa apart, it’s always different manager, new ideas, team had to adapt to them, then bang…..he’s gone and we start the whole miserable scenario all over again….sick of it, 50 odd years of this crap.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)