+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 349 of 349 FirstFirst ... 249299339347348349
Results 3,481 to 3,490 of 3490

Thread: General News Chat

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I think there should definitely be a "none of the above" option on ballot papers.
    I'd go on the hustings for that option on occasion.
    This time, upon the single issue of getting out from under Westminster, I'll vote SNP.

But as Mason says, I hope the day comes in my lifetime when I can not vote for them.
    Absolutely. They are a means to an end.

When Scotland is independent, the BBC can fμck right off if it angles for national broadcaster's rights.

It should also be illegal to be a fan/supporter of the filth.
    To continue to do so will require the person to move to England/Ireland and watch their team play there.

United will also not be allowed to play in the top league due to a lack of a sizeable fanbase.
    They will, however, be allowed to celebrate their "almost a European Cup win" amongst themselves.

This phrase "wealth creation" is another one of these phrases that's pretty close to nonsensical.
    Like "small government" they're trotted out to placate a certain type of individual and justify systemic greed.

Ally McCoist made an OBE in the latest honours list, whilst Souness is made a CBE.

They may as well give them away in lucky bags if that two Hun c*nts are deemed worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    Ally McCoist made an OBE in the latest honours list, whilst Souness is made a CBE.

They may as well give them away in lucky bags if that two Hun c*nts are deemed worthy.
    Mere trinkets of the establishment.
    Greetin'-faced Ally will have got his for being disgusted at the booing of 'the anthem', the other month.

Either that or pumping Sue.

After thon creepy looking talent vacuum Ed Sheering got an MBE for "services to music", I would turn it down if I was offered one.

Quote Originally Posted by swaddon2 View Post
    After thon creepy looking talent vacuum Ed Sheering got an MBE for "services to music", I would turn it down if I was offered one.
    Quite a few celebrities have turned them down. Good on them too.

The top honours are mainly bought for political favours (donations) making the rest of the system pointless.

I'm sure my name has been brought up on various occasions regarding me being deserving of the many honours for my charitable work, bringing awareness to the scout movement (2nd in my patrols air rifle competition circa 1990) and just being an all round top guy but deep down they know I wouldn't accept it.

I couldn't really give a sh*t about the whole system but I am enjoying David Beckham not getting the gong he so badly craves. I read he was even pretending to be interested in beekeeping to try and influence the King not so long ago. If he never gets one I'll be a happy man.

Alan Bates the main guy in the Post Office software scandal is made a knight.

Why would you accept something from the very same system that nearly ruined you.

Speak about easily bought.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    Alan Bates the main guy in the Post Office software scandal is made a knight.

Why would you accept something from the very same system that nearly ruined you.

Speak about easily bought.
    Yeah, I saw that and thought the same.
    He says it was for all the sub-postmasters, not just him.
    Personally, I'd tell them to cram it.

Page 349 of 349 FirstFirst ... 249299339347348349