+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: BREAKING: Darrell Clarke is set to Barnsley FC as head coach.

I’m quite pleasantly surprised tb honest
    An English lad that’s earned his stripes in the lower leagues
    A similar appointment to duff which is the right way imo, instead on some Austrian nonentity
    I’m pleased about the swiftness of the appointment too I was expecting this situation to drag on till late July
    He gets a full preseason with whatever personnel he ends up with
    That’ll be interesting which way that’ll go
    Spectemur agendo
    We will be watching!

I think this is a good appointment. As Dingle sez, he knows the lower leagues and has certainly served his managerial apprenticeship.

I wish him the all the very best. I've seen his teams play on 3 occasions, 2 on TV and the 1-1 draw with Port Vale at Oakwell in the Duff season where he made telling substitutions and a tactical change at 1 nil down to earn vale a deserved draw on the night. I was impressed by his teams workrate and the kind of football they were trying to laik. He is going to need some serious backing because without that, then tha may as well pack it in.

The recruitment team have a heck of a lot to do in these next couple o months. Give Darrell something to work with instead of the approach we took last summer where his predecessor was handed a very raw deal in terms of our recruitment. Learn some fecking lessons and give this club a chance. The way we approached last season was frankly a disgrace. The path that we chose to get our recruitment was unacceptable and also the failure to add any experienced players was a massive blunder. As I say, i urge the board to learn some bloody lessons.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    My back yard isn't big enough to launch it high into the corner and have the defence line up by the weshing line ready to play head tennis.
    Yes! Washing line is back!
    A return to some fun…… ! Update on gussets incoming I hope…

Do we know if he was related to Allan Clarke our player-manager in 78-80. Seen a photo of Darrell pointing to some wall art of him. Proper bloke Allan Clarke, sent the team to Woolley colliery to remind them of what they could have been doing for a living after a 7-0 defeat to reading.

Listening to him speak makes me think we may have got the right man in, I know they all say things we want to hear when appointed, but this lad has some ambition. There is no dodging what he wants to do, he straight up says he is here to go for promotion and will attack teams and try to keep them on the back foot, he says he wants players who will run through a brick wall for him and be at it for 90 minutes.
    He may have pushed himself into a corner by saying we are all out for promotion but there was no hiding behind the “play off’s is the least we want” that to me says he’s a winner who will instill that in his team!
    It’s a gamble, but what isn’t in football? You can sign players or managers for nothing or for millions of pounds but they are all gambling in the hope they find a winner.
    I love that he has cancelled his holidays to be at the club to get ready for the new season, and it appears he may have some say on the players that come in? who will be his players.
    It may work and it may not but tbh I hope it works for him as it looks like win or lose next season we will be watching a team run their blood to water trying to win a game and it will be exciting rather than watching the tippy, tappy boring crap that Collins brought to the club!

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Yes! Washing line is back!
    A return to some fun…… ! Update on gussets incoming I hope…
    Mary is unfortunately a lot less mobile than only a year ago.

Her daughter Dawn now does the pegging art. Maybe too much information here but Dawn has told a female neighbour that Mary has taken to wearing those Always Ultra/ Tena Pee Pants which absorb a lot of the yellow stain but there is still unavoidable leakage into the bloomer gussets.

So yes, the Ukranian Flag gussets still appear on good drying day Mondays. "I walked along a Sowerby street when all at once I came upon a host of golden gussets, fluttering and dancing in the breeze".

Her daughter Dawn now does the pegging art. Maybe too much information here but Dawn has told a female neighbour that Mary has taken to wearing those Always Ultra/ Tena Pee Pants which absorb a lot of the yellow stain but there is still unavoidable leakage into the bloomer gussets.

So yes, the Ukranian Flag gussets still appear on good drying day Mondays. "I walked along a Sowerby street when all at once I came upon a host of golden gussets, fluttering and dancing in the breeze".
    ( Mary is a martyr to her bladder and any cold air getting "down there" sets her off. So for insulation reasons she wears her bloomers over her absorbent pad pants to keep things warm.)

Aaaah…. A bygone age. Much missed.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345