+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Donny play-off

With a decent pitch, away from home and formerly injured players getting minutes, I'm really looking forward to Wembley. Cannot commend the team enough. Even my pet grumbles performed. What a precise pass from Rowe for Long. Tracey finding himself last man didn't panic and mis-control his pass back.
    Mickey D - what more can be said of this colossus. Let's hope he's going to be around for years (as hinted in the article in 'Inside Crewe'). Rio also found energy going forward and at the back. This man's defending has really come on lately. I also want to give an honourable mention to Billington who perhaps had the hardest job on the pitch but was quietly effective throughout.
    I am also pleased with the penalties. 4 of them were well placed and there was no farting around on the run-ups. Compare with the casual stroll up and gentle chip of their final penalty. Good laugh to see Max hadn't realised it was the final penalty.
    Great stuff all round. Although quality wasn't particularly evident, the fighting spirit of most of the season was clear for all to see.

Rio is beginning to show what we all knew when he first played eg Villa but injury had held him back. Billo a fine graduate from the academy. I saw him in a pre season match and had no team sheet but with my eye sight I thought it was Offord because of the way he played. Glad Gazan that you saw Max hadn't realised till the players ran to him.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234