+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: O/T:- Election

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I'm not so sure. This is from the ONS government website:

"Wealth is unevenly distributed between individuals in Great Britain, with the wealthiest 10% estimated to hold around half of all wealth, primarily in the form of private pensions and property. The UK has very high inequality of income compared to other developed countries; the 9th most unequal incomes of 38 OECD countries. The UK’s wealth inequality is much more severe than income inequality, with the top fifth taking 36% of the country’s income and 63% of the country’s wealth, while the bottom fifth have only 8% of the income and only 0.5% of the wealth according to the Office for National Statistics".

Somewhere in between there is a fair balance and I'm not clever enough to know exactly where. Although I will absolve Harry Arter of any blame, he was well worth every penny he 'earned' on the south bank of the Trent.
    You'll always have rich, you'll always have poor. It's impossible to debate with someone if they believe that wealth should be shared without taking into account risk, productivity or knowledge.

How many people who want to take money from the wealthy have ever risked everything they own to pursue a dream of setting up from scratch a business and making it successful? Yes, you'll find the odd few that inherited wealth. And for every one you can name, I'll be able to find 10 lazy buggers who have never worked a day in their life.

If you focus on the extremes of society, you'll solve nothing. Looking out for the masses is the best that can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    You'll always have rich, you'll always have poor. It's impossible to debate with someone if they believe that wealth should be shared without taking into account risk, productivity or knowledge.
    I'm fully aware of all that.

You appear to have missed the bit where I said "somewhere in between there is a fair balance".

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    How about underperforming Junior Doctors.
    There should be systems in place to root them out. It's hard to root out the underperforming CEs because they often judge themselves!

Sunak appears to be exceeding all expectations so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    Sunak appears to be exceeding all expectations so far.
    Whatever the opposite of the Midas Touch is, Sunak has it in bucketloads.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Whatever the opposite of the Midas Touch is, Sunak has it in bucketloads.
    It is becoming clearer that he only cares about money, he only knows about money. He is the narrowest of politicians in his interests. Cricket and money - that's it. The football nonsense about Southampton is just that - nonsense. And he's Croesus level rich so has neither concept, not desire to understand what affects most people. You don't get into Winchester by having struggling parents working for the NHS (more truthful to say working 'with', although not quite in a Michelle Mone sort of way).

Starmer on the other hand comes from a 'poor as church mice background' and got to a good school through his own efforts, and was knighted through his own efforts. Unfortunately for those who don't do bother to do their homework they automatically think it's because he was born with a silver spoon.

I'm not a Farage fan but he can afford to be more outspoken than any of the mainstream and summed up Sunak on D-Day pretty well as just not getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by M0ufMk3 View Post
    I'm not a Farage fan but he can afford to be more outspoken than any of the mainstream and summed up Sunak on D-Day pretty well as just not getting it.
    Me neither but he was the only one that made any sense during last nights "debate" or tory/labour slagging match!! I like how he said "unlike the other 6 I don't need an auto queue" for his final statement. Also correct regarding the NHS, throwing more and more money at it will not solve it when the model is wrong. He also wants proportional representation for elections, who doesn't?

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415