+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The 92 average league gates 2023/24

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Good god, do you ever give it a fking rest with your constant moaning at everything NCFC connected
    Well, its true isn't it....

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    You can thank Williams for not progressing in any of the cups. He just wasnt interested..
    🥱

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    You can thank Williams for not progressing in any of the cups. He just wasnt interested..
    I would actually agree with you there durham. The one and only criticism I had of Luke Williams was his disinterest in cup competitions. I could understand playing the weakest team possible in the Pisspot trophy, but I felt a bit cheated in the proper competitions.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I would actually agree with you there durham. The one and only criticism I had of Luke Williams was his disinterest in cup competitions. I could understand playing the weakest team possible in the Pisspot trophy, but I felt a bit cheated in the proper competitions.
    I don’t think it was disinterest but a pragmatic approach to keep the first team fit and give squad players a chance to prove themselves and it was more disappointing they never seemed to step up.
    I’d like to see us have a go but now more and more clubs seem to do it with the fear of losing ground in the league, sad really.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I don’t think it was disinterest but a pragmatic approach to keep the first team fit and give squad players a chance to prove themselves.
    Whatever it was, we never played our strongest team in cup games. It might have worked in the promotion season, but last season it cost us the chance of that big payday that all lower league fans dream of.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12